Poetry and Grace

katz

AD-PoetryGrace_sm-LovePotion.jpg

Poetry and Grace

A drift of jasmine tea in a gentle warm sandalwood breeze, mingling with incense and an aura of ancient parchment, with gorgeous accents of lavish pink lotus essential oil and cherry blossom...these precious and costly ingredients will lend a feeling of euphoric calm to the wearer, to enable meditation and inspiration. Created to capture a perfectly zen state of mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PINK LOTUS EO ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
MYSORE SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CHERRY BLOSSOM ~ Education, feminine beauty, love, transience of life.
JASMINE ~ Self- confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd call this an almost meditative scent..very calming and centering! The Myrhh is almost giving me a hit of minty to go with the tea -which isn't a bad thing! I perceive this one to be NON gender specific...and good for warm weather.

ETA: Honestly, I didn't go read the description before I wrote this, I just read it now! Wow, spot on for intent on this!

The jasmine and sandalwood make it go soapy on me :666: will let it sit and see what develops....

ETA good call tyvey! It got REALLY PRETTY in drydown. Damn!! SO pretty. A keeper.

Edited by tyvey

In the vial, I find it a bit sharp. When it melts on my skin, after a while, it's like a sophisticated, lady-like parfume. Jasmin is one of my favourite flowers and I like lotus, too. I was a bit afraid of the frankincense to be too strong, but in this parfume, it's rather in the background and the flowers and sandalwood are staying present on the skin, just right.

I was letting this one sit for a bit and I finally tested it last night. OOH very very pretty. It's so pretty I feel like a proper lady. It's perfectly balanced where not one note hits me over the other one. I have to keep testing to see what else I can feel with this one.

On me the jasmine and lotus intermingle in a very high-toned way, with an undercurrent of the sandalwood and parchment accord; it has an aura of sophistication which isn't quite "me" but it's lovely.

LOL! It's hard to pin one one down. Just when I think I have found one on the board whoever it is goes off the deep end and starts liking all kinds of crazy scents and ruins it between us.

The thing that kills it for me is that everybody love brown sugar. I only have a couple with brown sugar that I can tolerate like Erin's Hot Honeyed Fig. Think I will give this it's own thread so I am not totally threadjacking.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I am not yet very savvy with reviewing perfumes and don't know as much as you ladies about scents. But I am very interested in experimenting with different scents and interested in the intent of them. This one is very strong floral, a bit perfumey, but it puts me in such a calm mood, has great longevity, and has an almost phero effect. People seem to be just a little enchanted with me when I wear this without any pheros, so I am really loving that. And the calming graceful mood that it puts me in is just amazing, I agree with the meditative aspect of it.

I am not yet very savvy with reviewing perfumes and don't know as much as you ladies about scents. But I am very interested in experimenting with different scents and interested in the intent of them. This one is very strong floral, a bit perfumey, but it puts me in such a calm mood, has great longevity, and has an almost phero effect. People seem to be just a little enchanted with me when I wear this without any pheros, so I am really loving that. And the calming graceful mood that it puts me in is just amazing, I agree with the meditative aspect of it.

That was a good review! Did it change between when it was wet after you first applied and when it dried in your skin?

• 1 year later...

Every once in a blue moon I pull out my little sniffle of this and retest it. It's very lovely and has always reminded me a bit of With Every Breath which was a long standing favorite that my chemistry no longer accepts. Currently this perfume fairs better on me than WEB, but is lacking the certain something that made it so special on me.

• 3 years later...

This one is very pretty. I find it feminine, a bit powdery and old-fashioned, but also somehow fresh and clean. It doesn't seem to last very long; I can barely smell it now and I SLATHERED it this morning. I do have to wonder if it's lost a little bit of its original magic due to its age. I guess I'll never know, as I have now used up my li'l trial vial and it's gone. Onward and upward! What should I try next???