Kanary Kreme

katz

AD-KanaryKremes_sm-LovePotion.jpg

Kanary Kreme

One of our most mouthwatering creations, this fragrance is a creamy dream come true of decadent vanilla custard and butttercream filling (reminiscent of a well-known donut recipe) swirled with fluffy tangy lemon chiffon and layered on a base of warm gingerbread pastry. Fans of our beloved Yule Snuggle blend will turn canary yellow and tweet with joy to slather this bewitching brew!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
GINGER (BREAD) ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'm stupid. What does the Kanary have to do with Harry Potter? Am I lost? Was it just a play on the infamous fried food Kraze?

This is a Kalorie-laden scent my friends... Lemon Kreme filled buttery-dough smellin' om nom nom nom! :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co If foody scents drive you to eating naughty food, wear this with Kaution! If they KEEP you from eating, this is your diet-Keepin' dream!

I could slather a vat of it on just for Kicks. Kawabunga.

:wub:

K, here's the story: Fred & George Weasley - the trickster twins in Harry Potter who eventually opened their own joke shop, concocted their novelty, Canary Creams...they fed one to Neville Longbottom, who swallowed and abruptly turned into a canary. It only lasted a few moments and then he turned back into himself amongst gales of laughter.

I used the K spelling because the base is supposed to be a recreation of (OMG YUM!) Krispy Kreme filling....and also because my best bud and singer Leslie from Precious Metal...her band after was called Kanary, which I named, after her last name Knauer, (pronounced Kanower). Just being silly. I amuse myself.

:wub:

K, here's the story: Fred & George Weasley - the trickster twins in Harry Potter who eventually opened their own joke shop, concocted their novelty, Canary Creams...they fed one to Neville Longbottom, who swallowed and abruptly turned into a canary. It only lasted a few moments and then he turned back into himself amongst gales of laughter.

I used the K spelling because the base is supposed to be a recreation of (OMG YUM!) Krispy Kreme filling....and also because my best bud and singer Leslie from Precious Metal...her band after was called Kanary, which I named, after her last name Knauer, (pronounced Kanower). Just being silly. I amuse myself.

Ooooohhhkay, I *knew* there was back story! Thanks PM - it's SO delicious!

Katz, is it gingerbread-y ? is it similar to Yule Snuggle (I wubs YS :wub: )??

Liz, I'm afraid I don't have a sample of Yule Snuggle (ha! I just got a joke there - you'll snuggle, har!) It's certainly not as gingerbready as the Garland and Lace to my nose. The lemon creme is the primary note for a while, and when it fades away there's a lightly spiced cake.

Liz, I'm afraid I don't have a sample of Yule Snuggle (ha! I just got a joke there - you'll snuggle, har!) It's certainly not as gingerbready as the Garland and Lace to my nose. The lemon creme is the primary note for a while, and when it fades away there's a lightly spiced cake.

:wub: I'm dyin' here....spice cake?

is it similar to Yule Snuggle (I wubs YS :wub: )??

Mara says it is, but I wouldn't be able to judge that either (having only smelled YS in wax tart form) so you'll have to tell us!

Mara says it is, but I wouldn't be able to judge that either (having only smelled YS in wax tart form) so you'll have to tell us!

Really ? you 2 "LPMP old timers" ?

I don't think I've tried the tarts but did have/try the simmering oil, I enjoyed that (drops lefts :wub:), but a touch more lemony.

Still have nearly 1/2 btl felt and a lg sample of YS. If KK isn't quite the same, I can layer w/my Ebil Sug'd Ginger Cookies, til then....on an continuous search for an exact replacement, or an ever BETTER one...this one could be IT !!! woo-hoo !

Looking forward to giving a/my review when I do receive it, ordered a sample for now. I'm sure Kanary Kreme will be a winner in it's own right :OU1994~19::thumbup:

Edited by liz

Yeah it's funny, M and I were talking about that and I said missing out on Yule Snuggle was one of the things I always chided myself about, because I definitely could have gotten at least a sample of it at the time. Ah well...I'm sure this one will make me so very happy! :wub:

This does sound awesome,mine will be here soon :) ...and good gosh I forgot I had some Yule Snuggle tarts in the freezer :OU1994~19:

Fred & George Weasley - the trickster twins in Harry Potter

...AhhHAH :thumbup:

and also because my best bud and singer Leslie from Precious Metal...her band after was called Kanary, which I named, after her last name Knauer, (pronounced Kanower). Just being silly. I amuse myself.

As one who amuses myself often...I salute you :wub:

ummm I was surprised when I put just Kanary in search when I was looking for the new releases...hee

Well...I did not want to publicly admit that I have never tasted the well known recipe this is reminiscent of :D

This is yummy on me...kinda like an even better bakery blending of what my kitchen would smell like after making my lemon bars at Xmas,with that hint of spices in the air behind it from other goodies :666:

This scent is creamy, delicious and indulgent with hints of gingerbread and lemon icing. Wish Pepperidge Farm made a cake like this, I'm already head-over-heels in love with their Lemon Layer Cake.

The end of the dry-down reminds me of Sparkle Fuschia, perhaps it's the sweet creaminess and spices.

Edited by perfumesniffer

I am so sad. I smell the lemon in the vial and it's delicious but one me it vanishes! Something in this turns kinda funny on me. All I get is spice cake that's vaguely creamy. I will definitely try this again at another time of the month. I so want to love this but it does not love me. Thank goodness there is so much foodie goodness in this month's lineup.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :cry: this is perfect lemon custard in the vial. donut with a hint of spice on skin. BUMMER :wub:

We need to swap body chemistries! I get no spice whatsoever, but LOTS of cream and sweet. Too sticky sweet for me.

I do want to eat it though...

• 4 months later...

As this broke and died in my arms the other night.. :cry: I recalled how much I LOOOVEE this, and I am not a big lemon fan, but this...oh heavens! It was like a delicious cream pastry. The kind that I used to DIE for when I was pregnant. I always look for them at Vons and stare. They are in the refrigerated section and are little bon bon puff pastries filled with cream, the really good ones are at Trader Joes I think.. I forget what market they live at. Maybe Gelsons's? I used to eat them and go on a manhunt for puff pastries when I was preggers all the time. I was like the Cream Pastry Preggo Puff girl - and this reminded me of those delectable things only better and creamier the lemon wasn't tarty or tangy it was smooth and smelled so creamy!!!

So sad that the vial broke.. oh well that just means I am going to have to buy a full bottle!

When I first put this on, it is LOVE... so sweet, all yummy fluffy sweetness with the perfect amount of lemon to make me want to lick my arm... unfortunately, the lemon fades on me, to end up a plasticky spice cake. Super sad :(

• 1 month later...

Can this be anymore delicious and cake like? This one for me gives Darling Clementine a run for her money. I found a sample in my stash last night and OMG fell in love! It's so creamy and cakey with just a splash of lemon in there. I totally pictured my arms to be made out of cream puffs.. This is a full bottle scent for sure!

Woo-hoo,glad you found another sample LV :)

...sheesh have posted about this in a couple other threads recently, should probably put here huh :lol: ...this has aged to perfection,I wore it with Pot 0 Gold and Drunken Cake on St Pattys day,absolutely yummy :cat692:

Kanary Kremes smells like a delicious lemon-cream dessert. I received it a while ago and put it on only once. Today, I remembered and took it out again when I read Calii's review and I agree about the ageing: today it smells even much better. The spices are there (I love cinnamon), just in balance with the lemon and cream.

• 1 month later...

Swapped for his one, and it turned out to be a *great* trade! I love the lovely, sticky, fresh-doughnut scent. Lemon makes me nervous; some of my favorite scents in the world have lemon notes, but so often it seems to overpower other notes or wipe them away with its sanitizing Pledge-ness. Not here. Bright candy that floats over the pastry for just a moment, then settles right down into a sweet and wonderful blend.

Lemon-filled doughnuts were always my favorite. This is why. :)

• 1 month later...

Got this as an extra from a lovely swapper:) when I first put this on, I was a bit worried about the lemon. But it settled into a delicious lemony pastry scent. Yum yum!

I was afraid of the lemon too, but I am so glad I tried, this is on my FB list for sure, as it is another scent that to me is perfect for the summer months.

• 10 months later...

Krispy Kreme :-) oh Kanary Kreme. my daughter and I share this. Love it. Any Recomendations for comparable phero with this? For me not the kid.

As this broke and died in my arms the other night.. :cry: I recalled how much I LOOOVEE this, and I am not a big lemon fan, but this...oh heavens! It was like a delicious cream pastry. The kind that I used to DIE for when I was pregnant. I always look for them at Vons and stare. They are in the refrigerated section and are little bon bon puff pastries filled with cream, the really good ones are at Trader Joes I think.. I forget what market they live at. Maybe Gelsons's? I used to eat them and go on a manhunt for puff pastries when I was preggers all the time. I was like the Cream Pastry Preggo Puff girl - and this reminded me of those delectable things only better and creamier the lemon wasn't tarty or tangy it was smooth and smelled so creamy!!!

So sad that the vial broke.. oh well that just means I am going to have to buy a full bottle!

Vons, Gelsons, TJ. Oh my you're making me miss LA. - Former CA girl out East now.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got my sample of this one, and it's one I've been wanting to try for a while now. Usually I don't try them on straight out of the mail anymore because I know now about travel shock, but this one I couldn't resist. OMG...I'm wearing this tomorrow. And quite possibly ordering a fb very soon.

This is almost exactly the same as one of my favorite body-spray scents of all time, which I am hoarding the last few precious drops in the bottle. It's a Bath & Body Works scent called Hello Sugar, it was only released for a little while and that was several years ago. I love this scent, and Kanary Kreme has it almost dead-on. Honestly, if I weren't expecting to spend alot in November for pheromas, I would possibly order a few bottles - I love it that much.

• 2 years later...

OMG this is mouthwatering lemon creamy dessert luciousness! I've had it on for about 45 minutes now, and so far the spices are not coming out at all -- it reminds me of the equally exquisite Lorien's Skelly Tart, which I was lucky enough to have a bottle of (until I used it up!). So so so good! And if gingerbread should emerge on me in the long drydown..... I'm ready! But if it stays like this that will be just fine with me. Ummmmmmmmmm!

ETA: This one was so interesting! In the long drydown, it got softer and fluffier and creamier creamy lemon. Then right before turning out the lights I reapplied and all of sudden -- lemon gingerbread! It was awesome and mysterious. Anyway, this definitely a new favorite!

Edited by Blackcat