Butterbeer

katz

Ooh, now *this* is a surprising favorite from the month! It's much more delicate than I thought it would be - not as foody-rich as I expected, it's a lovely vanilla-ginger-spice thing goin' on. I am a devoted ginger 'ho, and this is RIGHT up my Diagon Alley!

So far, with a sniff, the fizzy ginger ale comes through. Over time, the spices and creamy aspect develop, the drydown is fizzy spices with a bit of butter. Hours later, some of the vanilla is wafting up, I would have enjoyed it more if it manifested at the same time as the ginger.

Edited by perfumesniffer

This smells like a butter scented version of bicarb based candy, here in the UK we have Love Hearts, this smells like Love Hearts, a hint of butter and some fizzy lemonade, as in Sprite, not real lemon-y type lemonade. I expected to loathe this, but it was kinda okay. Not something I'd wear but okay. I should point out I received the wrong sampler pack, I didn't expect to like this even a smidge.

Another one I want to drink. It starts off really fizzy and dries down to creamy butterscotch and vanilla with a teensy bit of warm spice from the sarsaparilla. Maybe it's a good thing I can't drink it because it would probably have 320959067 calories. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I think this would be a great scent for Body Bubbles, it's fun and fizzy! I wish it smells on me the way it smells in the vial, mmm yummy butterscotch, emphasis on the BUTTAH. On me it becomes more of a cream soda/gingerale thing, but I can't really wear that, even though I like other fizzy scents, like Elan Vitale and I don't know but it's green...

LOVE this one. It's a fizzy scent that doesn't go wonky on me. Lovely cream/ginger ale soda. It's neat how it manages to be both crisp from the fizz and creamy at the same time. It is so pretty and delicate. I need a gallon of this. Compulsively huffing my arm. Want to lick it. LOL.

Yup. At first it's ginger ale, bubbly, an edge of spice, something smooth and buttery underneath. I'm not sure what to think though. It's just so different. I'm going to test it again tonight.

• 1 month later...

Butterbeer is absolutley incredible.

At first dab,all the smells coming out at once are nothing that I expected.

After about 5 minutes,

they introduced themselves one by one, ginger taking the lead,followed by a sarparilla smell, and mellowing out into a creamy vanillery fizzy butterscotch like pop.

Definately a creamsoda scent, beautiful.

Full-bottle worthy (and dare I say hoard worthy)

I'm with you Lor, this is my favorite since TMI. I am going to get a full bottle and I'm kinda glad it's not super popular because there is more for us!

I would call it a favorite,too.

I have to hope it sticks around...im only affording one this week and now I have to wait for new arrivals, i have no choice.

this is definately something I would want a few bottles of,though,no doubt.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so having made Butterbeer myself a couple of months ago I did have some expectations about this potion...

I Looooved the fizzy and the bubbly aspect of it... This was just like I thought it would smell like...

It is not as creamy as I thought, but the vanilla note remains balanced throughout the drydown...

I have to re-test Butterbeer though, 'cause my skin chemistry is not doing it any justice...ginger and the sarsaparilla are becoming sharp and piercing....

Overall I think this potion is very original, risky and anything but ordinary....I want to love it, so I'll re-test properly in a couple of weeks

Edited by Gabylicious

• 2 weeks later...

It's crazy that this is not creamy on me at all. It smells very soapy, not creamy or fizzy at all. Like flat beer actually. So yeah in a way it does smell like beer. Was kinda hoping it would smell creamy and like Bud Light.

OMG you are kidding. On me it's the richest creamiest yummiest fizzy nomminess. I am sad it doesn't work for you. It's one of my favorites of 2011!

Body chemistry is a crazy thing. I always wonder what some of my favorites smell like on others.

It's amazing, isn't it? LP9 smells like bug repellent on me, and so many people love it. I had one customer buy 20 bottles at one time. And we have another customer that buys 5 pounds of LP9 bath salts at a pop. Never ceases to amaze me.

OMG! Butterbeer is amazing! I'm glad I didn't give up on it and re-tested...

It is unbelievable sparkly AND creamy...I mentioned I made Butterbeer before, and this time what I smell is spot on...maybe with slighlty less caramel than the real thing...It is bubbly, fizzy and its smells just like vanilla ice cream with some butterscotch topping, floating over cream soda...I want to drink this potion!.The ginger and the sarsaparilla are not piercing at all...

FBW!

• 5 months later...

It was very fizzy when I first put it on, but that went away after about an hour. Now it smells like vanilla ice cream. Not a rich, creamy vanilla ice cream. Just a light, sweet vanilla

• 8 months later...

Too much fuzzy ginger and maybe sarsaparilla? (new to me) not enough buttery vanilla cinnamon nutmeg....but I've only had it on for a half hour so let's see in an hour or so....

• 1 month later...

This one smells like 80% great to me, but alas, I think the ginger comes out and like to be mean to me. Why can't you be like Strange Attractors, Butterbeer? The ginger in that one likes me!

Anyway, the sasparilla note in this is great and I'm actually going to see if there's any other ones that use this note.The vanilla is nice-- it's a bit cosmetic-- not foody, but the kind of rich vanilla that I've had in some lipglosses.

• 3 months later...