Glistening Buttons

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Really foody and really sexy. Chocolate, my favorite kind of honey and almond (heaven). I can't smell the pheros at all. I expect the amber to show itself after it dries down more. The caramel is more of a creamy suggestion than an outright identifiable note. This is really special. Great job Shelly, Jester and Mara! I need a bottle!

Shadow loved this. When it was still wet and the cops was at the forefront he loved it better than when it was dry and the other scents started to come out though. Weird I know. He likes Sexology a lot for this reason too. He uses the term "grunty" to describe that strong cops scent.

There was ravaging involved. (Yay me!)

Anyways once the cops dried down, it became a well-blended foody scent on me but no notes were particularily identifiable. Either way, if I end up getting my panties ripped off, it's a keeper.

I think the scent covers the phero's well. But the scent is just not for me. I don't care for chocolate. I will say that it does last a long time on my skin and all other notes fade away and I am left with the chocolate. But it's not a waxy, cloying cheap chocolate, it's a rich, deep, you-can-only-get-it-at-the-chocoliateir's- type of confection.

I forgot I had put it on until I got into bed and smelled chocolate. Then I was hungry for chocolate and padded downstair to hork down the only source of chocolate in the house: Nestle's chocolate chips.

Not even in the same ball park.... I felt so cheap afterward ;-o

But it's not a waxy, cloying cheap chocolate, it's a rich, deep, you-can-only-get-it-at-the-chocoliateir's- type of confection.

For the record, Mara would never use a chocolate source/accord which smells "cheap" (although it's true that even the best source can go wonky with the vagaries of skin chemistry).

For the record, Mara would never use a chocolate source/accord which smells "cheap" (although it's true that even the best source can go wonky with the vagaries of skin chemistry).

Oh not what I was implying at all. I meant that when I think of chocolate on the skin, as a scent, it smells chemically on me, like those scented toys (strawberry shortcake dolls). That's just ON ME.

I bought a bottle of this unsniffed. I knew it would be gorgeous and it is. At first it's a deep, rich, chocolate, perfectly blended so no single note (besides the chocolate) stands out. It dries down to a light, musky, creamy gourmand scent that lasts for hours. I love it, love it, love it!

(sigh) I was plotting my order for Tuesday and it looks like it is sold out. I was going to get a back-up bottle but it looks like I'll be putting the bottle I have in the vault instead. I totally consider myself lucky that I bought one unsniffed though but it's amazing.

GONE?! NOOOOO I was waiting for payday D: (Mara rebrew pretty pretty please?!)

This was so amazingly perfect... I had the funniest hit with my close female friend at a party xD We were laying on a couch and she just cuddled up to me (we're pretty cuddly-huggy anyways) and then just burrows her nose into the crook of my elbow and huffs me. And she goes on and on about how amazing I smell. And she keeps doing this for at least half an hour, getting more and more touchy-feely

...not that I minded xD

I'm glad I hoarded a few bottles of this based on description alone. It's a lovely salsa of chocolate and caramel gliding on my skin. It makes me feel delicious to the core. Definite winner, and I would so buy a bottle or two more if a re-brew was to come up (hinthinthint)

• 3 weeks later...

Glistening Buttons is chocolate absolute sexiness...

I tested this potion today and it is sooo cute and dark at the same time....The chocolate is sooo decadent, and so rich...totally sexy.

I only get the chocolate absolute and honey....This scent projects so well, it has a texture, the chocolate in this one gives it a very defined personality....

It kind of reminds me of Nookie Cookie, but this one is darker and silkier...I think it smells like a chocolate truffle...

By the end of the day I decided to try it as a combo with LP Black, and ohhh it blends so nicely...the chocolate note turns even darker and fuller....

I still have to test Leather's effects on others and on me, but so far I loved this scent...I'm so sad there are a few bottles left, but I can see why it was sold out so fast... :Emoticons04284: Hope I can still get at least one more sample...

yep, its all that.

The scent appeals to me because the dry-down and light and beautiful,which for some reason I thought might be a bit too heavy for me.

I smell no pheros at all, atleast not 20 minutes into it, and that rocks.

All I smell after about 20 minutes is caramel musk,with only a hint that chocolate was there and some honey. I do get a light almond note too.

Everything melds instead of standing out on its own, its a huffer.

It's one of those, for me, that when I wear it I keep getting whiffs later on where you have that, "What is that delicious smell? Oh it's me!" That's always a nice sort of drydown experience.

agreed.... im pleasantly surprised at the "prettiness" of it though,

the description had me thinking for some reaon "heavy gourmand" and no doubt its yummy,but its also something I can wear out,not just in the bedroom,lol

Right; that's what I meant by it - in my estimation - not being so obviously a fuckable gourmand, because you could wear it in public and not get that look like, "Who smells like chocolate-covered pussy in here?"

because you could wear it in public and not get that look like, "Who smells like chocolate-covered pussy in here?"

not that we dont find a place for those scents too..... :lol:

something must be wrong with me. I feel no compunction whatsoever about wearing those fuckable gourmands around town or even to hang with my mother for instance. I wear what I like when I like. I must be inconsiderate.

IMO, you would be inconsiderate, or worse, if you were looking to fuck around, or you wanted that kind of attention from other men whlle in a committed relationship. But otherwise people should wear what they like. I save certain scents for Quince because I know he likes/loves them and so I'm hoarding (just like I tell him he can only wear certain things for me), but otherwise I do the same. I've worn HAM to work before, even Queen Crossbones, and I giggled to sniff my slutty-smelling self.

• 3 weeks later...

Glistening Buttons is a scent that I am so excited to try! I'll be getting the verison without pheros inside, but the description really sounds so wonderful! Chocolate is one of my favorites foody smells. Finding out that there were still some bottles left of this really brightened an otherwise gloomy day!

Chocolate is one of my favorites foody smells

Ohhhh,do try Regal Confection,if you have not :) a true chocolate fudge,to me...I also really like Festival of Lights,Gianduja & of course S'More Than A Feeling is one of my all time favs,more spicy smokey,mmmmmmmmm :wub:

Ohhhh,do try Regal Confection,if you have not :) a true chocolate fudge,to me...I also really like Festival of Lights,Gianduja & of course S'More Than A Feeling is one of my all time favs,more spicy smokey,mmmmmmmmm :wub:

Thank you for that suggestion! Regal Confection might just have to be a part of my next order! There are always too many nice choices to make up my mind!

As expected, Master Quince just loved this one. I put some on Wednesday night without telling him and all the guests snuggled in to watch a movie and when I sat down next to him he didn't notice at first but about 15-20 minutes in he took a whiff of me and whispered "Bad girl wot are you wearing?!"

"Something delicious, of course."

When it was time for everyone to turn in he said, "Are you ready to be nibbled, Chocolate-covered Quim?"

YAIS PLZ! :666:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Gods. I can wear this one! I actually CAN (THANKYOU, LadyV!!!)!!! I am so jazzed! See, Jouir De scared me off this kind of scent. But then I realized gradually that I *can* wear at least *some* honey stuff, and then I tried Closer. I can do Closer. I really like it! So, FINALLY I got a sample vial of Glistening Buttons from LadyV and KABOOM! My mind opened back up the rest of the way. I LOVE this! WOO-HOOOOO!!! It smells sexy and foody and sweet and provocative and it's GREAT!

I have learned a lesson here 'cause it looks like it's all sold out. Boo hoo. But I will treasure and enjoy my vial!!! YAIZZZ!!!

:vampire:

P.S. This has Leather and Cops in it, yes? Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I thought I liked this yesterday at first but then it got weird and plasticky. <_< Of course because I didn't particularly love it it had AMAZING STAYING POWER. Lasted FOREVER. It also has AMAZING THROW. I don't even think I was to Michaels front door before he whipped it open, wrinkled up his nose and shooed me away accusing me of wearing baby powder. It just doesn't wear well on me... :wacko:

I thought it had a chance because I LOVE CLOSER SO MUCH. Oh well...I LOVE LEATHER so even though I wasn't hot on the scent I FELT AWESOME ALL DAY.

Oh Gods. I can wear this one! I actually CAN (THANKYOU, LadyV!!!)!!! I am so jazzed! See, Jouir De scared me off this kind of scent. But then I realized gradually that I *can* wear at least *some* honey stuff, and then I tried Closer. I can do Closer. I really like it! So, FINALLY I got a sample vial of Glistening Buttons from LadyV and KABOOM! My mind opened back up the rest of the way. I LOVE this! WOO-HOOOOO!!! It smells sexy and foody and sweet and provocative and it's GREAT!

I have learned a lesson here 'cause it looks like it's all sold out. Boo hoo. But I will treasure and enjoy my vial!!! YAIZZZ!!!

:vampire:

P.S. This has Leather and Cops in it, yes? Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Oh yeah!! I am so glad you liked it! There are some virgin bottles left I believe. I am restraining myself from buying a second bottle for back up, I even hid my bottle so I don't remember it and use it like I do Special D. Dammit now I am obsessing again! LOL

I thought I liked this yesterday at first but then it got weird and plasticky. <_< Of course because I didn't particularly love it it had AMAZING STAYING POWER. Lasted FOREVER. It also has AMAZING THROW. I don't even think I was to Michaels front door before he whipped it open, wrinkled up his nose and shooed me away accusing me of wearing baby powder. It just doesn't wear well on me... :wacko:

I thought it had a chance because I LOVE CLOSER SO MUCH. Oh well...I LOVE LEATHER so even though I wasn't hot on the scent I FELT AWESOME ALL DAY.

If you need any taken off your hands... :Emoticons0424::lol2: