Winning combos!

AlienChangeling

This weekend I was the emcee for a local convention, by way of "hometown gal makes good as writer." It was pretty cool. I also got to see the guy I consider my best friend but who, I've mentioned, I have had a bit of problems getting him to let ME close. (He HAS a best friend from elementary school, so I may be SOL where all that's concerned - unless he's willing to have a male BFF and a female BFF.) He has a new show coming out on the NatGeo channel, premiereing 28 Sept at 9pm Eastern, 8 Central (Rocket City Rednecks - watch it!) He came by to give the convention a sneak peek, and he'd previously invited me to come to the shoot on Sunday as soon as I was free from convention duties. The weekend was moderately cool.

So here's what I blended:

LP Pheros - Leather, Stone Cougar, and Perfect Match, all unscented oil.

Other pheros - Instant Shine, MX397 (both AD); Ladies' Game (P7), all spray. These were applied in the morning and did not get replenished through the day.

Fragrance - LP Black (of course!)

So the responses were:

I got tons of respect from everyone there, including the famous old-school authors. The Grand Old Master author, in his 80s, was telling a story on a panel we were both on, about another author and said author's "zaftig" wife. I responded by striking a pose and remarking, "And what's wrong with that?" His eyes SHOT to my breasts, and while staring directly at them, he answered, "Not a damn thing!" ROFL

I was complimented and generally treated great. People opened up to me about things they normally wouldn't discuss, all in order to give me info that I wanted to use for future book writing. (This includes a young man who is suffering from a horrible medical accident wherein he was seriously irradiated during a CT scan, and is now experiencing chronic radiation illness and may eventually die from it. Yet he told me that I had real people skills and was a great interviewer and he wanted me to know all I wanted to know about it, and to make sure I had a character that corresponded to his wonderful supportive wife too.) I was informed I was the best emcee the convention had ever had, bar none (and this included many very famous writers).

My BFF showed up on Sat nite for the sneak peek. I was busy emceeing an event and I saw him come in but couldn't acknowledge it and he disappeared. As soon as there was a break I tracked him down and gave him a huge hug and welcome. His wife was sitting in the opposite corner and I didn't immediately see her, but as soon as I did I gave her a huge hug too. They started setting up for the sneak peek and I had to run off and finish my emceeing, but I told him he had to wait until I got back before he started, and he grinned hugely.

I did my job well and efficiently, then scampered back to the room where they were now set up. I walked in and BFF said, "She's here. Now we can start." And he did.

After, we exchanged another hug and I told him it was great, and asked if he still wanted me to be at the shoot the next day and he said yes, definitely. Then, "Oh, you need..." and grabbed a pad and pen. I said I had GPS and just needed an addy, which he gave. Then I got out of the way so he could talk to fans. Hugged his wife again, told her I'd been promoting the show. He was blitzed so they decided to leave rather than hanging out with folks (everyone could tell he was wiped - his eyes were red-rimmed and bloodshot and he was haggard). So I got MORE hugs! and instructions to send his regrets to the various room party peeps. This I did, and let them go.

Next day I was in charge of virtually all programming from 10am until 3pm. My books ended up selling unexpectedly well, so I made a definite profit. With permission of the convention committee, I sneaked out at 2pm and headed for the addy BFF gave me. Got a bear hug when I got there. :cat692: Hugged wife too. (Jealousy is a do NOT want.) Chatted with his mom, helped wife keep up with his kids, watched the shoot. Met the exec producer. (He wants me to at least guest on the show, maybe be a regular or semi-regular but so far producers have refused. Hence the method in the madness.) Generally schmoozed. Seemed to go well. When he had a chance to come by and chat, more hugs were exchanged, and he wanted the full scoop on the response to the sneak peek, which I happily gave.

He was, frankly, up to his eyeballs with the shoot, but I was at a shoot back in Apr and knew he would be. Still and all whenever he could he came by to chat, and when the episode wrapped I started heading out and called bye to him. He dropped what he was doing and came to me and gave me another big bear hug and said bye and be careful and he'd be in touch.

Now, prior to all this the local group responsible for this convention had been a tad bit cool toward me as a "wannabe" small author. I was quite shocked to be asked to emcee. But they were absolutely delighted with me by the end of the weekend and I expect to be asked to, if nothing else, emcee certain of the regular events from here on out.

Moreover, I got more hugs and huge grins outta BFF than I have in months. I'd inadvertently made noise during a scene that I didn't realize was filming and wife fussed at me. (Despite best efforts, I don't think she likes me much.) But he was totally nonchalant about it when I got a chance to apologize, and said, "Ah, don't worry about it. That's just how sets are. You didn't mess anything up."

So it was all around a fantastic weekend. I love having pheros and fragrances that bring out the parts of me that I want to bring out, and these did! AND brought out reactions in others that I wanted! I wanted them to perceive me certain ways, and by George, it worked! :Hug_emoticon:

So it was all around a fantastic weekend. I love having pheros and fragrances that bring out the parts of me that I want to bring out, and these did! AND brought out reactions in others that I wanted! I wanted them to perceive me certain ways, and by George, it worked!

Well...the bottom line will always be,just that...and more power to you for finding yours :Hug_emoticon:

I have some previous experience with pheros from another company. Plus I'd talked to Mara on the phone about exactly which combo did what, and I knew the effects I wanted to produce. I didn't "slather" or bathe in any one thing by any means, and I applied certain things in certain places. The more I wanted it to "throw" the farther out on my body I placed it. The stuff I wanted to be apparent in a hug were placed on the back of my neck and my cleavage.

So for instance Leather went on arms and cleavage. I wanted it to throw, but also to have an effect up close and personal.

Perfect Match was back of neck and cleavage only.

Cougar was front of throat (pulse points) and wrists.

Instant Shine went into the hair.

Ladies' Game and MX397 went onto my upper chest.

Then the LP Black went in cleavage, throat pulse points, and wrists.

Also, other than on my wrists and sometimes my arms, I don't blend the stuff. I swipe it on, then let it dry down as is. Seems to work better that way for me.

Ooooo *taking furious notes*

What i gather is that:

"Leather to throw" respect- Arms are where the first message comes from? or where the message comes form the loudest?

"Perfect Match was back of neck and cleavage only"- for the special people to give hint if <3?

"Cougar was front of throat (pulse points) and wrists."- for self effects mostly? is was this something you wanted to throw out too?

"Instant Shine went into the hair"- how does a spray to the head affect you and others? I have instant honesty but i'm saving up for true confessions. I usually spray this on my head, but I would love to throw that around. Does the head still get good throw?

Ladies' Game and MX397 went onto my upper chest.- stumped as to what this could mean.

"Then the LP Black went in cleavage, throat pulse points, and wrists."- for an awesome scent to encompass your attitude.

Ooooo *taking furious notes*

What i gather is that:

"Leather to throw" respect- Arms are where the first message comes from? or where the message comes form the loudest?

Well, I talk with my hands a lot. That's going to tend to throw the pheros out there around me more, just on a kinetic basis.

"Perfect Match was back of neck and cleavage only"- for the special people to give hint if <3?

Bingo! :lol2: Keep it in kinda close so that only my target - my BFF - would catch it when he hugged me.

"Cougar was front of throat (pulse points) and wrists."- for self effects mostly? is was this something you wanted to throw out too?

A little of both. Having it on the throat gives me self-fx; it also creates a bit of a cloud around my upper body. Wrists give additional throw since I talk with my hands.

"Instant Shine went into the hair"- how does a spray to the head affect you and others? I have instant honesty but i'm saving up for true confessions. I usually spray this on my head, but I would love to throw that around. Does the head still get good throw?

This creates a kind of halo effect, and the pheros will tend to last a leeeetle bit longer for being in the hair, which will absorb 'em a little bit.

Ladies' Game and MX397 went onto my upper chest.- stumped as to what this could mean.

See my comments re: Cougar.

"Then the LP Black went in cleavage, throat pulse points, and wrists."- for an awesome scent to encompass your attitude.

You got it! :)