HALLOWEEN 2011

Potion Master

ok, forget the am i ordered now. I didnt know where to tell you that i want the phero All Hallow's Eve, should i send an email or is this sufficient?

Ah! Thank you for reminding me! I just added a place for customer notes on that offering. But I will remember that you want the phero one. :female-gangster:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries! Just order. Some things are already moving rather, um, fast, and I'M NOT EVEN DONE PROGRAMMING YET!!!

Thank you! I picked up a sampler because the valerian root I took for bedtime tonight started working stronger and faster than I thought it would, sweet Jeebs. Can't focus. Just point, click.

Private Editions!!!!!!!

AD-PE-JoAnnaSWC11.jpg

Jo Anna's Sweet Winter Chai 2011

Jo Anna revisits and updates one of her all-time favorite creations... Gooey sweet caramel and marshmallows with chai spices on top!

AD-PE-LindeeAA.jpg

Lindee's Autumnal Apples

Lindee crafts her own twist to our classic Sugared Apple scent! "I want it to smell like apple pie filling before it goes in the oven, with the crisp, fresh apples sprinkled with sugar and a tiny bit of syrupy quality to the sugars from mixing with the water on the apples. I want it to smell like a Fall scent with mostly red apples and brown sugar." Yup. We can do that, YUM!

Lindee's Autumnal Apples

Lindee crafts her own twist to our classic Sugared Apple scent! "I want it to smell like apple pie filling before it goes in the oven, with the crisp, fresh apples sprinkled with sugar and a tiny bit of syrupy quality to the sugars from mixing with the water on the apples. I want it to smell like a Fall scent with mostly red apples and brown sugar." Yup. We can do that, YUM!

Oh now this is just too much. I'm going to bed. I'll make decisions tomorrow.

I has done placed another order too. BEEEG one.

FWIW, I might have gotten the Spinneret one if it didn't have a big ol' spider on the label. I know, I know, but I'm really really bad arachnophobe. I once scared half the Walmart staff when I was in the pet section looking at the fish in the aquaria and turned around and was face to face with a tarantula in a terrarium and let out a scream that literally echoed in the place. People appeared outta the woodwork and I nearly knocked over an aquarium trying to get away from the spider. THEN I had to EXPLAIN to all these people in blue vests...

:female-gangster::censored::oops: :chimp82: :10_small16: :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I was going to comment on Spinerett, thank you for reminding me!!! :female-gangster:

Yeah, I HATE spiders too, but I put each perfume on while I am typing up the descripts for the site, and after I donned this one, I caught the scent of the neighbors cooking up something delish in their firepit...it smelled so good I went to the door and looked out to see what they were cooking, and then I realized they weren't cooking anything at all. IT WAS MY ELBOW I WAS SMELLING! It smelled EXACTLY like hot, simmering sugared yummyness.

Argh, this one smells so good.

Anyone who is a pinky sugar fan will love this.

......face to face with a tarantula in a terrarium and let out a scream that literally echoed in the place. People appeared outta the woodwork and I nearly knocked over an aquarium trying to get away from the spider. THEN I had to EXPLAIN to all these people in blue vests...

:chimp82: :oops::oops: :msn_red_fox_smilies-09: :censored::10_small16:

AlienChangeling, I love you!!! The scene you conjured is priceless!!! Heeeeeee! I have to admit: Even though I name spiders, and catch them and take them outside (once in a while in my *hand*--eep!!!), and talk to them...I'm still really afraid of some of them, and we have LOTS of them on the mountain. I scream and jump a mile if one of the big brown ones shows up on my arm. And there was this small-tarantula-sized one that I couldn't even identify that my daughter found in our ***bathroom*** last year. At least he cooperated with my cottage cheese tub spider limousine. He was a meaty sucker. Eeeewwww.

The one on the label is beautiful, but it gives me some serious creeps! :female-gangster: Verrrry Halloween!

ETA: Mara, the scent description sounded great, and your arm makes it sound like I'm gonna love this one. But...*shudder* *heeeeee!*

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Mara, you're so cruel. I had it down to 4 of the Halloween scents so I didn't need to order the set but now you have me wanting Spinerett. What's a broke girl to do?

You had me at rebrew of Potion Bastet. I LOVE and must buy everything available. And lookie here my money fairy is due to arrive tomorrow with a disqustingly large bag of cashola. Save some for me ladies. Tomorrow can't get here any sooner.

I was going to comment on Spinerett, thank you for reminding me!!! :smiley-angelic008:

Yeah, I HATE spiders too, but I put each perfume on while I am typing up the descripts for the site, and after I donned this one, I caught the scent of the neighbors cooking up something delish in their firepit...it smelled so good I went to the door and looked out to see what they were cooking, and then I realized they weren't cooking anything at all. IT WAS MY ELBOW I WAS SMELLING! It smelled EXACTLY like hot, simmering sugared yummyness.

Argh, this one smells so good.

Anyone who is a pinky sugar fan will love this.

Mara, if I genereally stay away from orange blossom, would the tangerine in this be okay do you think? Orange and Ambergis (sp) tend to smell like pee to me, andI amp that scent like mad. But I am a huge pinky sugar fan.... what do you think?

Mara, if I genereally stay away from orange blossom, would the tangerine in this be okay do you think? Orange and Ambergis (sp) tend to smell like pee to me, andI amp that scent like mad. But I am a huge pinky sugar fan.... what do you think?

I wouldn't be worried. The tangerine smells like a real squirt of sweet tangerine or mandarin orange syrup, no bite at all, and it plays nicely within the mix. On my skin, it smells just like molten hot sugar, then the strawberry jam comes up with the touch of tangerine alongside, and as it morphs through the day the warm sweet skin musky scent trails behind. The other elements round out the experience but nothing else really jumps to fore. It's quite candy-ish though, so one must be a fan of the super sweet pinky sugar blends.

I think Beccah, July Girl and Halo are going to like this one a lot, based upon their other likes. I have a feeling this one is going to be a multi-bottle hoard for me.

I wouldn't be worried. The tangerine smells like a real squirt of sweet tangerine or mandarin orange syrup, no bite at all, and it plays nicely within the mix. On my skin, it smells just like molten hot sugar, then the strawberry jam comes up with the touch of tangerine alongside, and as it morphs through the day the warm sweet skin musky scent trails behind. The other elements round out the experience but nothing else really jumps to fore. It's quite candy-ish though, so one must be a fan of the super sweet pinky sugar blends.

I think Beccah, July Girl and Halo are going to like this one a lot, based upon their other likes. I have a feeling this one is going to be a multi-bottle hoard for me.

Oh goodie! I do love me some skin musk! This is number one on my must try list for this month. I am curious about the new Flying Potion too, but since I have 3 bottles (my biggest hoard) of the original I am not dying to try it yet until reviews come out.

Well waiting be damned, I was going to hold out for another week but once I saw only 10 of Cat's Eye were left.....I went ahead and got the bottle set. :smiley-angelic008:

No way are there only 10!

Yes, people are grabbing up the Cat's Eye in multiples unsniffed! HOARDERS!!!! LOL! :smiley-angelic008:

Halo, this Flying Potion is the same recipe as last time so if you have three bottles, I wouldn't stress about trying the new one. I did not make as much as I did last time since it was such a recent release, but I decided to make more because of the requests, and also because I find myself reaching for it more often than I even realized. I'm down to a few drops in my own bottle and wanted more for me too. :Emoticons04284:

Ooh...Panic!!!! *grabs card and joins the hoarders*

Ahh...Great Potion Master, how close is this All Hallow's to the last? This could determine hoarding status.

Edited by Jo Anna

Ooh...Panic!!!! *grabs card and joins the hoarders*

Ahh...Great Potion Master, how close is this All Hallow's to the last? This could determine hoarding status.

Well, I had an original tester to compare it to, and when freshly brewed it smelled pretty well spot on. But you know, after things meld and settle it could change a little. It smells great to me right now, I love it. The most "cheerful" of the autumnal scents. But anyway, I wouldn't stress too much because I made A LOT of this one...a double supply. So it shouldn't sell out too fast...I think you can relax with this one. But, ahem, Cat's Eye is another matter.

:smiley-angelic008:

I stole Pheromas for my sale announcement @ PTruth, I hope you don't mind :lol: : http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Pheromas-returns

@Mara, I can't wait to try all NRs! So is Spinerett an Autumn friendly candy scent then?

Thank you, Beccah! ((SQUISH!))

Spinnerett really isn't all that Autumnal actually. But it is the most candy-like of this month's releases. I thought we needed at least one pure candy scent for our Halloween baggies.

Well, I had an original tester to compare it to, and when freshly brewed it smelled pretty well spot on. But you know, after things meld and settle it could change a little. It smells great to me right now, I love it. The most "cheerful" of the autumnal scents. But anyway, I wouldn't stress too much because I made A LOT of this one...a double supply. So it shouldn't sell out too fast...I think you can relax with this one. But, ahem, Cat's Eye is another matter.

:lol:

Okay, I've managed to calm down and shop as a mature adult! Not! I totally went completely full bottle grab fest with an additional bottle of Cat's Eye...BAM! All is serene.

what happens when someone wants a full bottle set and you run out of one potion? Cat's Eye for example? My set is safe but i am just curious

I always understock the cart to make sure I have room for write-ins and offsite sales and set specials, etc. But as I had a very small supply of this to begin with, I will announce when it is gone.

I've never had this issue before, someone wanting a bottle set after something has sold out, but I suppose I would let them choose something from another month to round out the ten, or give the choice of having a refund.

I just did a count, and currently there are only 10 bottles left of Cat's Eye.

But there is a lot of sample vials...prob around 30 of them after the trial sets have been filled. Currently, anyway. It's only day ONE! :lol:

This is because you don't just brew perfume, Mara. You brew ADDICTION! :bomb:

Edit for typo fail.....again.

Edited by Invidiana

Ok so I couldve gone to work even though I have

Return of the JedEYE and Zelda's back from Pet Sematary ~ but prob the main reason I didn't go to work...and it was lingering back there in my head.. and probably the reason I haven't gone to Urgent Care yet is..

IM AN ADDICT AND NEED TO ORDER BEFORE ITS GONE

I ordered NR Full set ~ AND a sampler because here's my logic if I for whatever reason don't like any of the scents which I doubt ~ I am still saving $80!!!!!! I'm such a smart shopper ( hoarder, addict ) that way.

PS this was the fastest I have ever ordered anything from LP~ Usually it takes me hours and days.. but this time I was ready

:lol:

It's Mara's concept in that she found the word itself to be evocative of a creepy voodoo-type character/ritual, but because of the actual scent, it had more than one meaning (although the concept wasn't literal to the name).

like a spell binding puppet master glamour potion?

Not literally, no.

Edited by luna65

from Wiki:

From the Puppet page) The character of Gianduja was originally created as a marionette and is now Turin's official "king of the Carnival".

From the Chocolate page) Gianduja is a sweet chocolate containing about 30% hazelnut paste, invented in Turin by Caffarel in 1852. It takes its name from Gianduja, a Carnival and marionette character who represents the archetypal Piedmontese, a native of the Italian region where hazelnut confectionery is common.

I can actually thank Martha Stewart for this one. I was looking up Halloween dessert recipes and she mentioned Gianduja Chocolate, and I thought the word itself was so cool. It sounded to me like a mysterious voodoo type of word - like a kind of controlling potion they are so fond of, and when I looked it up, it also had the association with marionettes. Then you've got the marshmallow in there, which is magickally for "gently commanding and persuading", and it all came together. Spooky, ain't it?