Cat's Eye

goddesslynne

AD-CatsEye-Cover-sm-LovePotion.jpg

Cat's Eye

Step right up and pay your respects to the mighty Bastet...who will protect you if you are deemed worthy of the knowledge of Her mysteries... In the ornate temples built in honor to Her - goddess of the sun and the moon - the revelries to celebrate Bastet drew all from far and wide to give thanks and pay homage, all those which flourished under Her protection in the ancient lands. The aura of opulence: a combination of animalistic elements - ambergris, civit, muskaro - with catnip extract and organic catnip oil, blended with the sexy golden sheen of amber and honey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CIVIT ~ A strong aphrodisiac, has an intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.
MUSKARO ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.
CATNIP ~ Love, beauty, happiness, affinity with animals, shape-shifting.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so excited that I got this!! On me, it's quite a morpher! Wet, the catnip is very minty, and the animalistic notes are in the background. I was terrified of the civet, and I must admit it goes through a bit of a scary stage at 10-15 minutes. But, at 30 minutes it's turned into a gorgeous, rich scent on me!! It has a beautiful, almost floral sweetness. It brings to mind a rich, classic perfume.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now, 12 hours later or so, it's just the richest, sweetest skin-scent!! OMG, I can't believe how long this has lasted!!

you're killin' me !! :)

getting my order this week, but I get mail at 10am :)

I'll be aaaaaaaaaaaaaaat work :hearts18: !!

I have to sign for it :toast: !

so I have to waaaaaaaaaaaaaait till next day :toast: !

take extra time for lunch to pick it up :cry: !

the next day :cry:

you're killin' me !! :)

getting my order this week, but I get mail at 10am :)

I'll be aaaaaaaaaaaaaaat work :hearts18: !!

I have to sign for it :toast: !

so I have to waaaaaaaaaaaaaait till next day :toast: !

take extra time for lunch to pick it up :cry: !

the next day :cry:

Aw hon, sorrrrry!! I usually have the same situation, but, luckily, Mr. Goddess was home to sign for me!!

So now, 12 hours later or so, it's just the richest, sweetest skin-scent!! OMG, I can't believe how long this has lasted!!

I am soooo happy that I ordered the monthly sampler and will have some of this to treasure...I read Mara's post also about how strong and long lasting it is.Mine is on the way :(

OMG Mara !!!!! :020105~21::it-s-a-beautiful-thing::thank-you:

this is BREAKTAKING, I LOVE IT !! :hearts0425::hearts0425::hearts0425:

I can't stop sniffing my hand, OMG, OMG, OMG !! Dare I say, it's even BETTER than the Potion Bastet !!

Richer, soooooo SENSUOUS !!

:bananajoy::Hug_emoticon::bananajoy::):Emoticons0086::bananajoy::Emoticons0086:

:thank-you::thank-you::thank-you::thank-you::thank-you:

that's it...okbye

I received mine also but still havent tested it. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I loved Potion Bastet and I agree this one is even deeper and richer if that's possible. Hopefully there's more in stock because I'm in a buying mood today.

OMG Mara !!!!! :020105~21::it-s-a-beautiful-thing::thank-you:

this is BREAKTAKING, I LOVE IT !! :hearts0425::hearts0425::hearts0425:

I can't stop sniffing my hand, OMG, OMG, OMG !! Dare I say, it's even BETTER than the Potion Bastet !!

Richer, soooooo SENSUOUS !!

:):(:):D:):):Emoticons0086:

:thank-you::thank-you::thank-you::thank-you::thank-you:

that's it...okbye

Harumph. Guess I'll just toss mine out...unsniffed.

LOL!!! Just Kidding Liz!! I swear I'm just giving you hard time for breaking my heart over our unscentwin status.

Harumph. Guess I'll just toss mine out...unsniffed.

LOL!!! Just Kidding Liz!! I swear I'm just giving you hard time for breaking my heart over our unscentwin status.

did you order one MissDC ?

bottle or sample ? if you got a sample you're gonna wish you got a bottle !!! :(

you're gonna LLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE IT ! :hypnotic: repeat I'm gonna LOVE IT, I'm gonna LOVE IT !! :)

and if you don't , hmmm..... I'll wear the "scents" YOU like for a week ! okay ? :chimp87:

I'm just playing too, if we can't be scenttwins the perhaps something else ?

I'll wear it again tomorrow in YOUR HONOR ;)

if you got a btl and don't like it I'll buy it from you or GC you, K ?

Edited by liz

Cat's eye definately lives up to the hype...

First thing I noticed and didnt expect to was that I could pick out honey.

Im a honey fiend so that was a nice surprise...

the rest of it I would describe as crispy or effervescent. I would say that was due to the sparkle of catnip, or maybe the synergy of the scent.

Most definately an autumn scent !

I imagine this scent in a sweater would warm-up and draw-in.

Just has a pulling-power if you ask me.

This one didnt stay "strong" scented on me...and it did stay a long time!

*LOVE*

If this isn't the most gorgeous, most sensual honeyed skin scent ever.....I must admit I was a little worried about the catnip which comes off a bit minty wet but it fades within half a minute. In its place comes this beautiful silken honey musk grounded with sweet amber and ambergris that only serve to deepen the delicious honey. It's slightly powdery in the best way possible, giving it an undertone of freshly washed (NOT soapy) skin. The musks here are soft and feminine and very alluring, the type to beckon someone closer with a whisper. It's like a sexy diaphanous veil of scent and clings close to the skin, but clings alright. I'm so glad to have a bottle of this amazing stuff.

Gorgeous musk on me, absolutely love it! I thought it would end up being more SLF on me, but the musk overpowers the other notes on my skin (not that it's a bad thing). There was a vague herbal quality for a little while which I figured was the catnip notes, but it didn't really come across as the thing itself. I think with aging this will evolve to reveal other qualities.

But I adore musk and this is so amazing, excellent work my twin! :wub:

Edited by luna65

Yeah I know! Sadly finances this month didn't allow me a sell-out hysteria purchase.

im actually "willing" the last 2 of a certain scent to still be there when I get paid on the 15th.

Can you imagine???!

A bunch of us here casting spells to KEEP the LPs from moving ???

A bunch of hoarder-shadows swarming the bottles whispering "..mine...mine...mine..."

wow I just creeped myself out there.

I take that all back.

they will go to the home they belong in, lol!

did you order one MissDC ?

bottle or sample ? if you got a sample you're gonna wish you got a bottle !!! :Emoticons08045:

you're gonna LLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE IT ! :hypnotic: repeat I'm gonna LOVE IT, I'm gonna LOVE IT !! :wub:

and if you don't , hmmm..... I'll wear the "scents" YOU like for a week ! okay ? :chimp87:

I'm just playing too, if we can't be scenttwins the perhaps something else ?

I'll wear it again tomorrow in YOUR HONOR :Emoticons04283:

if you got a btl and don't like it I'll buy it from you or GC you, K ?

LOL!! I did not get a bottle (I am terrified of buying unsniffed especially one so controversial as this) but I did get my sample today and am waiting for a very special moment to try it. I don't want to be distracted by any other scents and right now I am covered with everything else. I am kind of afraid to open it! I have a panicky feeling it will spin out of my fingers and throw itself all over. It happened with another one a long time ago and the cats pounced upon it a spun it under the fridge! Never to be seen again!!

I am kind of afraid to open it! I have a panicky feeling it will spin out of my fingers and throw itself all over. It happened with another one a long time ago and the cats pounced upon it a spun it under the fridge! Never to be seen again!!

I gagged on my own spit when I read this!!!

freaking hilarious, because the "spinning out of your fingers" fear is the one I have when I really really like one and I am like, Im going to dump it,I just know it!

I got mine today. I have to admit, I only ordered it, because everbody was raving about it. I´m more of a sweet and fruity gal, but I decided, if so many poeple like it then I should just give something different a chance. Wet I get a fair bit of the minty edge of the catnip. Then the musk comes though. And boy does it. None of the people I made to sniff me liked it. Apparently I smelled of cat pee... *sigh*

Now, about 5 hours later I can still smell it, but the musk mellowed out a lot and I get a sweet/musky scent which I find nice. But the wet and drydown stage is not to my liking.

I got mine today. I have to admit, I only ordered it, because everbody was raving about it. I´m more of a sweet and fruity gal, but I decided, if so many poeple like it then I should just give something different a chance. Wet I get a fair bit of the minty edge of the catnip. Then the musk comes though. And boy does it. None of the people I made to sniff me liked it. Apparently I smelled of cat pee... *sigh*

Now, about 5 hours later I can still smell it, but the musk mellowed out a lot and I get a sweet/musky scent which I find nice. But the wet and drydown stage is not to my liking.

I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it to someone on the forum :)

LOL!! I did not get a bottle (I am terrified of buying unsniffed especially one so controversial as this) but I did get my sample today and am waiting for a very special moment to try it. I don't want to be distracted by any other scents and right now I am covered with everything else. I am kind of afraid to open it! I have a panicky feeling it will spin out of my fingers and throw itself all over. It happened with another one a long time ago and the cats pounced upon it a spun it under the fridge! Never to be seen again!!

go ahead...OPEN IT.....live on the edge Miss DC

I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it to someone on the forum :happybirthday:

No, I probably won't. ^^ But I think I'll keep it anyway. Just for the days when I'm in the mood for something really different. Also I can still smell it now, after a good nights sleep. It really has some amazing staying power. Still musky sweet.

Okay I am not a catnip girl or civit kinda lady, and this one scared me a bit when I read about all the fancy ingredients.. but WOW , I have never smelt ? Is that a word yo? I have never sniffed anything like this? This scent put me in a time machine and I traveled wayyyyy back into another era~ I felt like I was in a noir film~ maybe somewhere around 1900- 1930 it's a scent that is familiar to me in fashion. For example Kate Winslet in Titanic would smell like this. It's the smell of High Fashion and High Society, a very very rich exclusive scent. I am in love with Cat's Eye. It's everything a lady should smell like. Refined, beautiful, rich, sexy, intriguing, lush, dark and mysterious.

Nope! Not yeeeet.....too skeeeeered.....the sample is doing this to me... :)

No you have to wait. Take a shower, wear your best negligee, get some chardonnay, put on some soft music, maybe some Billie Holliday, and wear your hair down, loose around your shoulders, then sample it. This is not a .. ooh let me sample this before I go to the gym type of scent, or I'm in the office and want to test all my samples. This scent deserves it's own special sampling time.

No you have to wait. Take a shower, wear your best negligee, get some chardonnay, put on some soft music, maybe some Billie Holliday, and wear your hair down, loose around your shoulders, then sample it. This is not a .. ooh let me sample this before I go to the gym type of scent, or I'm in the office and want to test all my samples. This scent deserves it's own special sampling time.

That's why I haven't cracked it!!! I hope I don't set up this whole dramatic sample testing scene and end up like this... :) after trying it!!

That's why I haven't cracked it!!! I hope I don't set up this whole dramatic sample testing scene and end up like this... :msn_red_fox_smilies-09: after trying it!!

happy to take it off your hands if that happens to be the case ! :)

I got mine yesterday! I was so excited and a bit scared after reading the reviews. Well, I had to try it the moment I opened the parcel. I sniffed the vial first: it's like a high-class perfume with a hint of peppermint, then I put a very tiny bit on my pulse area: the minty scent fades away very fast; after some minutes, there is a deep, sensual skin musk, smells very natural. I'm glad I bought a full bottle! I wonder if I should wear it to the office, tomorrow, just a tiny drop. May be with some SS4W? Or PP? :)

OK, so being broke, I decided not to buy before I even tried this one, with all of the reports of it being fresh and minty and all that....that it probably wouldn't be my thing.....one sample however, and I WANT! I had to FIND the $$ to go in and snatch a bottle before it is gone!

It is fresh and green smelling.....but it only stayed that way on me for about 15 min.....then it dried down to musky goodness....love love love....had to get it!

Edited by Dolly

OK, so being broke, I decided not to buy before I even tried this one, with all of the reports of it being fresh and minty and all that....that it probably wouldn't be my thing.....one sample however, and I WANT! I had to FIND the $$ to go in and snatch a bottle before it is gone!

It is fresh and green smelling.....but it only stayed that way on me for about 15 min.....then it dried down to musky goodness....love love love....had to get it!

yep.

I will be bartering for this one for years to come.

ok, here i go.... this is all musky goodness with a hint of green. I can def pick up the civit, as it dries down it gets brighter and sweeter. kind of minty floral with the musk taking a back seat. still there but not so in your face. now it is lighter. my cats seem to like it though :bday1032:

ok, at first i thought this was being eaten by my skin, it went so soft it was barely there and then suddenly it went omph again. must remember to go light on it.

Edited by ravenwing

I had to FIND the $ to go in and snatch a bottle before it is gone!

You're probably confusing everyone because it's been gone for over a week!

After all the orders were filled, we found that we had 2 last bottles and put them into the cart last night. You got one, and one is still in the cart. ;)

We still have lots of sample vials in the cart tho!

:)

You're probably confusing everyone because it's been gone for over a week!

After all the orders were filled, we found that we had 2 last bottles and put them into the cart last night. You got one, and one is still in the cart. ;)

We still have lots of sample vials in the cart tho!

:)

I'm sorry for confusing everybody! I guess I need a spanking! LOL

Well, it must have been meant to be for me to get one......otherwise, it wouldn't have shown up in the cart for me, huh?