Phantom's Breath

katz

AD-PhantomBreath-sm-LovePotion.jpg

Phantom's Breath
The essence of a night of fright: trios of slightly spiced pumpkin and woodsmoke accords lure you in, assisted by an incensual Arabian wood blend, crystallized resin tears and mysterious Egyptian musk sprinkled with a handful of freshly-turned earth. Spooooky!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.
ARABIAN WOODS ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
SPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suuuuuuperb!!

This is autumnal ethereal goodness in a vial! (Dangit why didn't I get a BOTTLE?) Gently spicy, mmm the musk is making is warm/fuzzy... It's -I don't know how to describe it, I'd compare it scent-wise to what "peripheral vision" feels like visually. It's *there* but...you can't really put a fix on it! Coooool.

There's something in this that has a "ghostly" presence about it. I don't know what it is but it smells like the scent you would expect to smell as a spirit passes by. Ethereal, but not in an angelic way, kind of cool & otherworldly. I don't know how to describe it, but it's like seeing something out of the corner of your eye, and when you turn your head it's gone. Love it though!

Smoky sugars and a richness, almost like chocolate. I wore this stuff all day; it had great staying power and throw. First trial of the new monthly batch, and I'm already smiling. See? :)

There's Oud in this, isn't there?

Not this blend:

PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.

SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

ARABIAN WOODS ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

EGYPTIAN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

SPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

I seriously love this one. I was initially concerned about the smoke listed in here, but this smell is absolutely divine. The spice is sweet...everything blends so nicely that no one individual scent is pushed forward. Perfect.

How much do I love thee, Phantom's Breath? Is it because of your creamy pumpkinness, or your smoky woodiness, or your sensual resinous muskiness? Or is it the fact that all these three delicious elements are rolled into one scentgasmic potion for my huffing pleasure? I don't really get any earth in here, just a gorgeous smoky pumpkin grounded by sweet resins and a veil of warm sexy musk. The spices are gentle and sweet and compliment but don't overpower. There is also something vanillic about the resins at least on my skin, which only adds to the appeal. How much do I love thee? I can't count the ways.

Edited by Invidiana

Another winner for me in this month's NR's. As soon as it hit my skin I knew. I actually knew when I read Egyptian Musk. There's a sheer and whispy feel to this. It smells so soft and light. I can't detect any smoke in this, and it has a very nice throw, Maria thought the house was on fire and I let her search around for 20 minutes before I told her it was one of my new Halloween scents.

There's trails of different ingredients that reach out like soft fingers then come back and embrace you in this lovely sheer mist. The musk is beautiful and it settles nicely on me with the spice and pumpkin. I felt like I was on another plane- another one that made me time travel but this was more like a darker era, like Transylvannia or even maybe one of King Tut's side Tit. Maybe I felt that way because of the Egyptian Musk. I loved it, side tit or not. Big winner for me.

Maria thought the house was on fire and I let her search around for 20 minutes before I told her it was one of my new Halloween scents.

:) bwahahaha! Now I have this image of a small hispanic grandmother searching her house desperately for the source of the smoke, while you chuckle fiendishly....zomg...seriously...can't...breathe *bolded words in Shatner voice

I want to test this today..do you think it will take the dose of cops I'm letting dry-down currently?

You can try it, but I found this to be a very 'seethrough' scent... guess it'll depend on if you project any of the musk?

You can try it, but I found this to be a very 'seethrough' scent... guess it'll depend on if you project any of the musk?

Hmm, I'm not brave. This is a beautiful incense type scent & I have the feeling the cops are going to turn this into an incense scented, hippy orgy type smell...

Hmm, I'm not brave. This is a beautiful incense type scent & I have the feeling the cops are going to turn this into an incense scented, hippy orgy type smell...

I think cops would kill it. Maybe some SS4W or~ BI do those have cops? IDK though Cops kills everything for me. I really an considering getting this boosted with either of those two I love how BI makes me feel like Lana from 3's company. If I boosted this with BI I would feel like Lana belly dancing with a snake a la Britney .. and I know Jack would not turn me away, he would comply.

I think cops would kill it. Maybe some SS4W or~ BI do those have cops? IDK though Cops kills everything for me. I really an considering getting this boosted with either of those two I love how BI makes me feel like Lana from 3's company. If I boosted this with BI I would feel like Lana belly dancing with a snake a la Britney .. and I know Jack would not turn me away, he would comply.

BI has cops in it

wow, this is very interesting on dry down. In the bottle it was all pumpkin, but on me i am getting resiny pumpkin. No smoke yet though, oh i lied, there it is. Just a hint of smoke. this one is so elusive in trying to figure out what i am smelling.... sometimes it is femine sweetness and next it has a masculine vibe. Definately a morpher

This one kind of reminds me of Fade to Black, and kind of reminds me of Midnight Cravings.....but softer than both of those.....barely there, almost like a whisper.....hmmmm.....very interesting one! I do like it!

How much do I love thee, Phantom's Breath? Is it because of your creamy pumpkinness, or your smoky woodiness, or your sensual resinous muskiness? Or is it the fact that all these three delicious elements are rolled into one scentgasmic potion for my huffing pleasure? I don't really get any earth in here, just a gorgeous smoky pumpkin grounded by sweet resins and a veil of warm sexy musk. The spices are gentle and sweet and compliment but don't overpower. There is also something vanillic about the resins at least on my skin, which only adds to the appeal. How much do I love thee? I can't count the ways.

I get the Vanilla too....strange.

I got the smoke at first and thought it might ruin it a little but NO the smoke has wafted away and it is now spicy pumpkin but with something else I can't figure out. Probably the musk...I like this one too though. Very warming. From the bottle I thought there was something buttery or creamy in there but I guess not. Another one I will wear more!

Liked the smoke, spices and warmth at the beginning; I actually didn't find it light at all - quite a presence. A tad masculine. But in drydown, the incensiness comes out ; it becomes very Perfumey ; and me no likey. :( I think myrrh and I will just never be friends.

Oooh I love this one, I think it's mostly the Egyptian musk which does it for me...it's got that "warm skin" qualtiy I adore, that sort of fleshy creaminess. It's a good balance between the spice and resin elements for me...I realize now that what this reminds me of is Alternative Breeding's Prelude, which also has myrrh paired with a creamy type of musk. I get the pumpkin and woodsmoke more in the vial, on me it's primarily resin-y musk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mmm, love the musk, love the spices... Why didn't I get this when it first came out? I think I was scared of the "earth" listed. Honestly though, I get no dirt note. Just beautiful spicy, musky, smoky goodness...

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wore this last night because I was trying to organize my LPs... OOh this smells soo good. First I get the Egyptian musk, then once that burns off I get some incredible woods, finished off by a spicy cinnamon. It's a very cozy scent for this disgusting cold weather.

I wore this last night because I was trying to organize my LPs... OOh this smells soo good. First I get the Egyptian musk, then once that burns off I get some incredible woods, finished off by a spicy cinnamon. It's a very cozy scent for this disgusting cold weather.

Disgusting? So Cal? I would trade the shit out of you right now. We are in a blizzard watch, snow emergency, no mail delivery, no cars on the road state. That settles it, I am hitchiking to LA and invading the tiara.

Disgusting? So Cal? I would trade the shit out of you right now. We are in a blizzard watch, snow emergency, no mail delivery, no cars on the road state. That settles it, I am hitchiking to LA and invading the tiara.

LOL. I hate being cold! I do wish I could visit the snow though. It looked so pretty when you sent me your mom's Christmas tree.

• 7 months later...

Oooh, this one is lovely! It's very subtle--I wanted to try it for the earth note, which I can't really pick out, but the whole thing has, as other people have commented, a very ethereal wafty quality. It evokes the element of air much more than earth for me.

This is the first pumpkin scent I've tried that has not been foodie pumpkin pie--which I love, don't get me wrong, but it's very interesting to get a different kind of pumpkin. It has a sweetness to it I really like, but once again, not a foodie sweetness (and definitely not sugary, which can go wrong on me). It stays very close to my skin, and I find I have to sniff my arm to really get the scent, but that makes it a perfect work scent for me. I know it's there, I can have private little scent moments all day, since it lasts and lasts. And while I expect people might be picking up on it, I don't have to worry about overwhelming others, particularly those with sensitive noses. A real winner!

• 1 year later...

Hurm. Theres something going on here and it smells like Curry on me. Its bummin me out,man!

On paper this sounds like SUCH a "me" scent, but its going all tikka,masala. Wtf.

Maybe my hormones are screwing t up? I'm gonna try it again after I give birth to the dumpling. :)

• 1 year later...

OMG Cheesy! I get the hint of curry in this too!?! Why??? It's so odd and it doesn't quite go away. (I don't think it's my hormones either since there is no bun in this oven.) I'm starting to think I have issues with pumpkin scents. Some work, like Wicked, and well now that I think about it all others I've tried don't work on me at all.