Abby Normal's Dessicated Brains

katz

Abby Normal's Desiccated Brains

"Step right up for a terrifying treat...if you dare visit the lair of the Mad Doctor! A perfect Halloween dessert: desiccated coconut whipped into a cloud of meringue forms the basis of this brainy delight, adorned with cranium-like pecans and sweetened with maple and brown sugar. To give this scent a sexy gourmand spin, we've included feminine musk and a base of warm resinous benzoin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
PECAN ~ Money, employment, mental acuity.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
BUTTER EXTRACT ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
EGG ~ A representation of the world or the womb. Fertility, nourishment,
cycle of life, feminine energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing.
ORANGE ZEST ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm always happy to see a nut-based LP arrive! From Intuition to the 'crust' of Castle Crumble...they always work well, and this is no different. It's a blast of Maple off the top...but it mellow out quickly to a mouth-watering nutty, maple warm-feeling scent. I can see this (as I usually do w/nutty ones), a good scent to combo and layer with. :20628860864593fef0b8f29:

Warm and nutty and sticky and delicious. I'm echoing Katz in that I love nut notes, which tend to do very well on me. When I smelled something citrus I had to go back and read the note list and it all made sense when I saw there's supposed to be orange zest in here. It's like having some nutty gooey mapley praline thing with a nice comforting cup of orange spice tea, perfect for those chilly autumn nights. I like how the musk warms it up further and the benzoin adds a vanillic undertone to the whole scent. I almost had the inclination to wipe the stickiness from my fingers just now....yummmm.

Another one I love!!! I can't say it any better than the last two reviews but out of all the NR this is def the one I want to eat the most. I don't really get the coconut (which is good because sometimes it ruins it for me) and just like Invidiana I had to check the ingredients to figure out what was brightening it up...it was the orange zest. What a perfect compliment to the other notes. Another cozy comforting Autumn favorite.

I love this one too! I didn't get any coconut, I got maple sticky sugared nuts, and I'll take my nuts any way I can get them. Creamy, glazed, salty, buttered. This had incredible staying power on me as well, I rolled some on my wrists and cleavage. What can I say? Nuts love the Cleav. The sugared nuts stayed there for a long time and I loved every second of it. I kept getting whiffs of nutty deliciousness.

If you love nuts then this is for you! It's YUMMM! NUMMY NUTS NUM NUTS

In the vial this is YUMMEH glazed pecans...on me, it starts out warm and creamy with a hint of the orange zest, but after a while it turns into that dark husk-y coconut I often get with coconut-based scents, with a vague sweetness. I have to let it age a bit, I think, though in the end it might work better for me as body bubbles.

On me this is nutty brown sugar pecan goodness when wet. Almost a Vicars and Tarts kind of feel. As it dries down it is a dark nutty scent with a little sumthing sumthing... not sure if that is the coconut or the benzoin. alas no orange comes out for me

• 3 weeks later...

This was so fabulous in the bottle. On my skin? I got soap. (sigh) This did the exact same thing that Lost Highway did. Maybe they share a similar note.

• 2 months later...

This week has been insane at work. Lots of stress and anxiety. I had this in my purse yesterday because I wanted to protect myself from negative vibes.. Wow! It calmed my heart right away. Again today this morning I noticed I was having chest pain after biting my tongue in order to refrain from calling a client a d bag. I dabbed some of this on, went for a walk and instant happy. I feel much better and calmer.

I think the coconut in this really helps with getting rid of nasty vibes.

Total plus for work!

• 2 months later...

I wasn't sure about this one, because I wasn't sure about the pecan. I like pecans. Just not sure I want to smell like one. But it's sweet and warm and spicy - and there's just a tad bit of musk to make it well-rounded.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know how i missed trying a sample of this when it was released! I traded Lady V for some stuff and received a sample of this. Wowza! It reminds me of Vicars and Tarts (which is a fave of mine) but not as strong. It reminds me of those orange vitamin tablets, the chewable kinds we ate as kids. I mean this in a good way. (LOL) I smell orangy-ness.

When I first put it on I smelled something akin to jam. I think it's been said that nutty fragrances can come off that way. But I also smelled maple sweetness that wasn't as foody as say, my husband's Super2. This was more of a hint of maple. It dried down to more of a subtle warm scent. Not like a bakery, like a brown sugar. And I may have had a hint of coconut on me. (yay).

I am going to continue this one because the scent has staying power on me but it's a lighter scent. Not as heavy as my NOCCO, LP red, or other brown sugar scents. I hope this isn't sold out yet.

ETA: later today this smells more Perfumy. What the heck? Well at least it's a light perfume smell. But the jammy mapleyness is gone.

Edited by Raq On

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh I'm going to try and layer it with a lick of cream! perhaps it will make the Lick of cream last longer on me. Great Idea Tannya27!

I always layer..right now Im wearing lick of cream,dolce far niente both samples..I did need to get a bottle of lick of cream its so comforting. wish I had a bottle of dfn.They do smell very similiar though!

Im thinking of turning Abby's brains into a spray form..mmmmm

Edited by tanya27

• 9 months later...

It's been 12 hours, lol, and all I have is maple, buttery, sugary goodness left. I was going nuts earlier trying to figure out, "Why fruity? What fruity? I don't remember anything fruity in it." It wasn't overpowering, just this light "something" but definitely fruity :huh: I was even wondering that since almonds can smell like cherry that maybe pecans smelled fruity in some way . Then I get home and look it up and see "orange zest". Now I will have to wear it again tomorrow...you know... just to re-experience it with my new found knowledge - that and it's REALLY yummy! :P:lol: And to see if I get coconut. I do not recall coconut either :mellow: Yup. I will JUST have to wear it again tomorrow...

OH! But in spite of my ignorance of the ingredients, this one had me on a bit of a rollercoaster ride today! In the bottle, foodie On me strangely sophisticated but still fairly foodie AND YET perfumy...which I found myself quite liking. Then there's this maple, butter, sugar finish and I'm in HEAVEN - FO SHO! :w00t::love: Did I mention... YUM?

:Emoticons04263: It was a little scatterbrained...I will never make for a professional reviewer :P It just had me so confused because I had the mental idea it would be all sweet and foodie...and it is, but it's so much more. At one point I was even thinking I wouldn't like it because it might go all weird and fruity on me. I love that about LPs...just when you think you've got them pegged...NOPE! Not so much! This one was actually very interactive for me the way it morphed throughout the day :D And I am pleased to be available for your entertainment pleasure :abfx:

OK. Round TWO.

So here's the thing...and I promise there's a point...Hubby and I went out to eat Sunday in Northeast MD at a little crab shack called Woody's. For an appetizer we got their coconut shrimp...which happened to come with a sweet and heat, orange zest dipping sauce of some sort.

THIS TIME when I first applied ANDB I totally got the orange zest and the coconut and it took me right back to Sunday's appetizer - minus the heat! Now HOW did I miss this yesterday? REALLY?! :huh:

But here I sit, again, 12-13 hours later with that yummy maple, butter, sugar finish. I kept getting whiffs on the car ride home as well and it make me breathe more deeply...and smile. I don't recall EVER smelling SO many perfumes that make me HAPPY. Seriously. It could be scent memories of decadent pleasures or something exotic and new to my senses. LP is AMAZING! :love:

I am SO hooked...like...SO. You know? :it-s-a-beautiful-thing::in-love::love-you::Emoticons04231:

• 1 month later...

Yes! This with Cuddle Bunny Un = Man nip in our house....and hubby got a real kick out of the name. (Apparently it reminds him of a movie he's seen that was a Frankenstein (sp?) spoof, lol. When I told him what it was called he busted up laughing...since I didn't get why, he had to 'splain in to me :blushing: ) I just thought it was a cute hit on "abnormal". AnyWAY! It's total YUMMINESS kicked up a notch with CB :)

Oh, Nutrix! You must rent Young Frankenstein and see it with your hubbs. It's one of the funniest movies ever!

Is that where it's from? OK. Made a note. Will see if we can't find it for the weekend :D I'm sure all I'll have to do is mention it and he'll be all over it, lol. Thanks Mara :^^:

• 5 months later...

On me this is basically warm creamy pecans&maple scent. I think musk is what keeps it from turning very dessert-like. I don't get any orange zest and only VERY faint coconut note. This is nice and snuggly scent, and I can see myself using it a lot during cold autumn/winter months.

MmmHmm! Fleur - this was a fast hit in our house! Hmm, snuggly scent? Yes! I'd have to totally agree with that statement :^^:

• 6 months later...

I had to get a sample of this one for the name alone - love the label, too!

And the scent is gorgeous.

It starts out light and sweet and warm, and I can smell the nuts and a haze of maple; at this point there also seems to be a hint of warm vanilla in it.

On my skin, it quickly morphs into something warm and deep and dark.

The maple gets more intense but in a good way; the vanilla sort of gets absorbed into it. It's not really foody though, just glowing and syrupy and decadent and luscious.

The musk comes out to play and makes sure it smells like a perfume (although a foodie one) and not dessert.

I love it, can't stop sniffing myself!

It has very good throw and stayed on my skin for a looooooong time.

Gorgeous! :LuvU396:

• 5 months later...

I absolutely love this one... reminds me of the yummy pralines we always get when we visit New Orleans. It is quite foody, but there is a sticky-sweet sexiness to it as well. Wearing this one puts ALL my boys in a good mood. I would easily pair this with MLH when I'm hanging with my kids, or, on the other extreme, BI for when I'm trollin' for some attention from my hubs. It lasts a long, LONG time too... I can still smell that sticky bun yumminess hours later.

• 3 weeks later...

This one has aged so well. It's been one of my favorite autumn LPs; I love the autumnal "nuttiness" of the whole thing. I follow several perfume makers, but here at LP I always find my favorite nuts, hands down! :20628860864593fef0b8f29: (Everybody saw that one coming, didn't they?)

• 3 months later...

Well.

Okay, *I* don't mind this one. I actually kind of like it even though I don't normally go for coconut scents too much. As I mentioned in the "What's Your Potion of the Day?" thread, I feel like I smell like a Snowball (the pink coconut confection).

However, my husband just got home, and I asked him to smell my wrist, innocently thinking he'd like it because he likes Snowballs. NOPE!!! OMG, he really, really hates it. He said it's too sweet and smells burnt and is just gross. He said it reminds him of the overpowering smell when you walk into a drugstore and someone's been spraying a bunch of different scents. It makes him sick and gives him a headache.

Sooo...yeah. Was NOT expecting that. :nope02716:

I should try it again sometime in the future and see if he still has the same reaction. :bleh:

• 1 month later...

Coconut! I love coconut. I love pecans, all toasty. Citrus..oh my. Delicate sugary dairy.. wait..this is so much like a pastry our local bakery used to serve. I used to stop in before high school began on Wednesday mornings, bought two dozen glazed yeast donuts for our theatre class, and one yummy Gone Nuts pastry with vanilla tangerine glaze (which I ate/snarfed before I arrived at school). This is that pastry, but unbelievably richer. How does that happen?

• 1 year later...

I wore this to work last night (with LFM & Totem: Goat). Foodie/desserty scents are great at work. They make everyone in my section order dessert! Dessert-smellin' LPs are GREAT for bill padding. ;) At one point I was standing there, talking with the other server who suddenly stopped whatever he was in the middle of saying to ask, "Are you wearing maple perfume or something? Because I suddenly want to eat you." :lol: And then everyone in my section ordered caramelized pecan squares for dessert. Not kidding! :lol: Needless to say, I smelled fabulous last night.

"Are you wearing maple perfume or something? Because I suddenly want to eat you." :lol: And then everyone in my section ordered caramelized pecan squares for dessert. Not kidding! :lol: Needless to say, I smelled fabulous last night.

:lol: This is what I live for.