Spinnerett

katz

AD-Spinnerett-sm-LovePotion.jpg

Spinnerett

Step right up for the most frighteningly delicious fairy floss your sniffer has ever sniffed! The irresistible scent of hot caramelized sugar - a total cotton-candy craving spun with touches of fruity-sweet strawberry jam, tangerine, berry and verbena - but because you wear this (not eat it) we've also made it softly skin-scent-sational with a base of Tunisian white musk, honey and oakmoss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
STRAWBERRY JAM ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
TANGERINE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

VERBENA
~Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
TUNISIAN WHITE MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dabbed a sample on my right arm, having dabbed ANDB on the other to test... and came into work. No sooner did my (female) cube-mate arrive then she commented, "Smells like cotton candy in here!" I smile, sniff my wrist (she knows I have an ongoing thing for scent) and say "It might be me!" Her reply "Mmmmm, I might need to bite you!" It projects very well on my skin!

Oh yum. Brown sugar cotton candy and strawberry jam! I've had brown sugar cotton candy before and it's even more delicious than the regular stuff. It's like cotton candy mixed with the crackly caramelized crust of a creme brulee (try saying that 10 times fast). The strawberry jam note here isn't artificial and cloying like some things I not-so-fondly remember from junior high but a tangy sticky wild strawberry jam that I wish I could eat with a spoon right now. I was a bit worried about the verbena but it doesn't pierce through on me like in Mamelons de Cerise; maybe it adds to the appealing tanginess of the strawberry. On the drydown the soft white musk and oakmoss balance all the sweetness though it still remains foody and delicious. Another winner!

Edited by Invidiana

Oh Yeah...what Invi said,so beautifully,as usual :heart106: At first I just got the strawberry,now I am getting some of the rest...this is going age/meld incredibly :)

Started off testing this today & it's my second favorite of teh month after All Hallow's eve. It reminds me of Musk In The Pixie dust, but in the fall.

Started off testing this today & it's my second favorite of teh month after All Hallow's eve. It reminds me of Musk In The Pixie dust, but in the fall.

okay, this clinches it - *must have*!!!

DELICIOUS!!!!! Strawberry cotton candy. Smells similar to LAM Pink Amber on me which I love and often wish was a tad stronger so I will layer it with this!!!

I've only tried two samples so far, this one and All Hollows Eve and I want them both!!!!

eta: as I was typing this Phinnius grabbed the little bag of sniffees in his mouth and ran off!!! Little scamp!

eta again to say: This particular white musk apparently does not offend me!!!! Didn't even know it was in there!!!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

Cotton candy musk = GENIUS!

Now we know this concept isn't new to perfumery but never have I encountered it done so perfectly. No offense to Pink Sugar fans, but that scent is flat and loud to me, it doesn't breathe, it doesn't evolve and unfold. But this is honestly like if your skin were made of cotton candy. And after the sweet notes fade on me it's a clean soft veil of musk.

Notes:

"Smells like cotton candy in here!"

Brown sugar cotton candy and strawberry jam! It's like cotton candy mixed with the crackly caramelized crust of a creme brulee

Double WOW ! was expecting to trade this one :ph34r:

I do NOT do fruity, especially Strawberry, and much less Jam,

unless it's w/peanut butter on bread,

but this is very do-able

lately I've been into "sweeter" scents and that really surprised me.

While I might not be getting a full sz btl, I'll def enjoy the sampler size !!

This is one of my faves of the month. I love how the brown sugar makes it smell like hot, freshly spun cotton candy. I rolled some of this on my pillow 3 DAYS AGO and I still get a gorgeous blast of the scent every time I walk into my bedroom.

Ummm, somebody stole 2 bottles from the stock.

dry.gif ::eyes the kittens with suspicion and whistles nonchalantly:: :)

Mmm hmm...*peeks in Da Mawa's vault* :)

I also like how the brown sugar smells like those burnt crystals which end up at the bottom of the cone, you know? They're too heavy to be spun but it seems like you always get some anyway.

Edited by luna65

oh this has my name written all over it. mmm cotton candy goodness then i get the strawberry, and a hint of something else....not sure if that is the musk or the verbena. i just love love love this one!!!!! I think it might just be my fave of the NR's

This is lovely, sweet, and sooo yummy!

On me it is all about the strawberry jam and the honey, and I love the honey note in this... It is actually a very accurate scent for strawberry jam, it is bright and cheerful! I love that it is not overly sweet, it has just the right amount of sweetness that is perfect for cuddling...It also has a powdery note, that softens the sweetness of the strawberries...

I love it....I really do.

I am loving this on me today!!! Even more than the first time I tried it! It is so damn edible and cheerful!! I wonder how Cuddle Bunny would blend in it? I think the scent goes with how I perceive CB to be...flirty, innocent AND seductive!!! Like, "look how cute I am? Now, EAT ME!!!!!!"

:smiley-laughing024: Eat me! Love you!

Pssssst...try it with OCCO Pink :001_302:

...one pill makes you smaller,and

..Hi, Calii! I don't have Occo Pink, but I do have LAM in Pink Amber and I tried it with Spinnerett and it rocks!

Honestly, I wouldn't have thought about wearing them together, so thanks for the heads up about the Occo Pink idea, I want all the Occos and when I have them, I wil try the exact mix you suggested...

Me too...LAM Pink Amber turns out better on me than Occo Pink so that is what I wore with it, I loved it!

Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one layering LAM Pink Amber with everything...= )

If you have other LAM Pink Amber combos, Missdarlincherie, please let me know....

But for now, Spinnerett and LAM are soooo lovely together, I was thinking about layering Spinnerett with a potion that has brown sugar in it,...

Ya know,I have been going to get both Lam & Bam in Pink Amber,but soooo many others just keep jumping to the front of my priority list... :lol:

Yeah, me too! Its so difficult, right?

I only have LAM in Pink Amber...I wish I had them all!

Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one layering LAM Pink Amber with everything...= )

If you have other LAM Pink Amber combos, Missdarlincherie, please let me know....

But for now, Spinnerett and LAM are soooo lovely together, I was thinking about layering Spinnerett with a potion that has brown sugar in it,...

Oh yeah...I layer LAM Pink Amber with everything...it's light enough not to take away from any fragrance and adds that little strawberry brightness to everything...plus of course the LAM phero is one of my all time favorite "going out" pheros. In fact...I just remembered why I quit wearing it. I went through a phase where I was wearing Lam PA and LP Red out dancing every week and the boys were getting a tad too blatantly friendly. I started getting a little worried so...WEAR THIS COMBO AT YOUR OWN RISK...

I went through a phase where I was wearing Lam PA and LP Red out dancing every week and the boys were getting a tad too blatantly friendly. I started getting a little worried so...WEAR THIS COMBO AT YOUR OWN RISK...

Thanks, for the combo idea, Missdarlyncherie! Sounds dangerously sexy.... I'll try it with my boyfriend tonight....

First impresion: On me this is waaaaaay more musk than sweet. Not cotton candy or pink. Still very nice.

WOW I love this one! It's so very ...I'm a little bad sexy girl licking a big lollipop and wearing pigtails with ribbons kinda scent. This is like working with carnies but standing out because my name is Lola and I was orphaned so I grew up in the circus and I'm a pink cotton candy diamond with lots of sweet ribbons and curls and I smell like candy, that no one can have since I am the most prized possession and protected by the Carnie Folk. .. this is Lola the Candy Fairy of the Carnie Folk, she is their Sweet Cotton Candy Queen Lady Princess Sea Shell Pearl Girl Unicorn Jem.

I wore it to the nail salon and I had a lady sniff me down, She tracked me down and wanted to know what I was wearing because I smelled so delicious., She was so excited to be talking to me, she was shaking and giggling, I think she might have even peed on my pedicure a little.

I loooove this!!

• 8 months later...

Decided to try this one today and absolutely love it.

Applied, it smelled very strongly of caramalized sugar... Almost cotton candy, but not quite. It was very sweet, and strong enough that I had to roll the windows down driving in to work.

At around the 1 hour mark, it started to turn into an almost plastic fake-strawberry smell... Like the Strawberry Shortcake dolls in the '80's. I was super nervous that it would smell like that for the rest of the day, but then at around the 3 hour mark all plastic and caramel had disappeared until there was nothing but strawberry. And when I say strawberry, I mean

STRAWBERRY!!!

Seriously. My arms, neck, even my sweater smelled like strawberries. The girl that sits next to me in my new cube was out today, but I was a little worried that it might smell strongly enough that the folks down the hall might get up and track me down to eat me.

I finally had to IM my Sweetie to let him know that this one was a keeper. I think I summed it up like so:

Me: So I love the scent I tried today.

Him: hm?

Me: It smelled like cotton candy, and then it turned into strawberries, and now I smell like strawberries, and I need to buy some strawberries on the way home, and I can't chew on my own arm but I got some on my sleeve which also smells like strawberries so I could probably chew on that instead and omg I smell like strawberries!

Him: You're a hoot.

When I got home I asked my Sweetie if I still smelled like strawberries and he said no... But then he chased me around the house telling me that I smelled good, and he kept dipping into the part of my neck that I had applied some (usually don't apply to my neck because of the shirts that I wear).

Definitely a winner for both me and my Sweetie.

So yeah... That's about how I would sum this up with my skin:

Caramalized Sugar meets Strawberry Awesomeness.

I imagine that the hour or so that it smelled like plastic instead of caramalized sugar or strawberries was just a weird crossover between the two. I'll keep trying it and see if there's a way that I can delay or hide the transition (maybe incremental applications?).

This is a very fluffy, slightly tangy pink scent. It's delicious! None of the nastiness I get with some pinky scents, perhaps because there is no vanilla, the sweetness is coming straight from sugar and fruits. So glad I have found another pinky scent to adore!

• 8 months later...

Pssssst...try it with OCCO Pink :001_302:

...one pill makes you smaller,and

Ooooo...must try, must try....like...RIGHT NOW!

Me too...LAM Pink Amber turns out better on me than Occo Pink so that is what I wore with it, I loved it! But for people who can wear Occo Pink that sounds like a sexy combo too.

I don't have LAM Pink amber, but I have it in BAM! I have LAM Spicy Brown Sugar....will try that just cuz I think they'll be happy together too! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OH and here's my wayward review that I misplaced cuz I wasn't paying proper attention to the location of the thread:

This one is delicious sugary goodness. I would totally scent Topper with this because it's light and sweet and will easily layer with any of the foodie delights I have already fallen head over heels for! :^^: As a matter of fact I had scented Topper with LP PINK for that reason but I think Spinnerett is a tad lighter and more sugary than even that! Maybe it's the lightness of the tangerine and white musk as opposed to the lovely richness of the amber and patch in the PINK? I think I can feel a cavity forming just sniffing this :lol: Thank you to everyone who suggested this one to me :love: (even if there is and icky ol' spider on the label :blink: - actually, I don't mind spiders, if I'm wearing gardening gloves and they're too small to bite me - er, the spider too small to bite me...not the gloves.... LOL!)

Edited by NuTrix

• 2 years later...

Well this is freaking delicious. I know I'm 5 years late to the party. But omg this is wonderful. It's sweet , non-sticky honey musk for me. I don't smell strawberry... It's almost incense-y. Apparently I love oakmoss too! So glad I got this off the trade forum! Ty Katz!!!

ETA: a few hours later I've realized I'm getting faint whiffs of strawberry, after all. Amazing!!

Edited by belle-ville

• 3 years later...

All I get from this one is "sweet." It's very generic on me. Maybe the age? I'm not sure, but nothing stands out. I would never have picked any of those notes out of this one, except maybe the sugar. I didn't even get oakmoss! I usually pick that up right away. Disappointing, but that's what I get for getting distracted by shiny things and forgetting about all my perfumes, I guess.