Gotta turn it around with co-workers

Thank goodness by boss is NOT among the gossip-mongers. I've come to the conclusion that I can really speak to NO ONE at work but her, but I need to have a peaceful, quiet work place.

I need a STFU potion, but I don't want to alienate my clients. I need a potion that will make everyone love/fear/keep away/be decent to me.

AND, whatever I use, I need to keep my edge and keep my wits about me.

I'm thinking Treasured Hearts. Thoughts, ladies and gents?

I will try anything/everything. I'll post back here with reports. I have a ton of G2, and some original Girl/Girl. Not much B2, my precious 1 1/2 sample vials of Unisexy, and about 1/2 bottle of Teddy Man. Plenty of Treasured Hearts in various scents.

OMG. This is why I will never work in a large full service salon again. Those girls scare the Hell out of me. I normally can keep to myself, having my own room and all but still. There was practically a stabbing in another salon down the street from me between two stylists!! Grown women!!! My salon I am in now is dinky and I like it that way.

Is STFU=Shut The F**k Up?

Sorry to hear you have to work in this environment. Are they just gossips in general or are they gossiping about each other? If I remember right, you are in a salon type environment right? So you have to have open type work spaces? (salon chairs for example).

What about the empathy phero?

OMG. This is why I will never work in a large full service salon again. Those girls scare the Hell out of me. I normally can keep to myself, having my own room and all but still. There was practically a stabbing in another salon down the street from me between two stylists!! Grown women!!! My salon I am in now is dinky and I like it that way.

Is STFU=Shut The F**k Up?

Yes!!

I'm just absolutely DONE with the stupid gossip. I have a receptionist (little runt) who thinks she can call me out, and goes around repeating everything I say with her little-girl voice and puppy dog eyes, and thinks she's being a "powerful woman" and standing up for herself. I have a PA esthetician who burns/hurts my clients on the occasions when she gets one of my clients because I'm busy/away, and is all up-in-arms because I don't think she should be working days when I'm there (we don't have a need for her/room for her anyway). I've got the crazy south-american esthy who runs hot-and-cold; one day she's my bestie, the next she's gossiping with the above-referenced receptionist about me.

So, I think I will start with Girl/Girl tomorrow and see how it goes.

I think I would go with Treasured Hearts, maybe even a little dose of Swimming With Sharks along with it. Swimming with Sharks has helped me immensely with bitchy female clients.....

Edited by Dolly

What a bunch of tittyfucks!!!

Lmao! In my personal experience B2 has been the most effective blend when dealing with difficult women. I'm assuming it's because most difficult women just have a subconscious preference for male company. I think this will put the youngling in her place at least, if it's a Dominance issue than I'd hit them with Leather. I would suggest being careful of the dominant blends around menstruation time. Other than that, I don't think Leather will off-put your clients if you soften it with something like LP O

Edited by Beccah

Yes!!

I'm just absolutely DONE with the stupid gossip. I have a receptionist (little runt) who thinks she can call me out, and goes around repeating everything I say with her little-girl voice and puppy dog eyes, and thinks she's being a "powerful woman" and standing up for herself. I have a PA esthetician who burns/hurts my clients on the occasions when she gets one of my clients because I'm busy/away, and is all up-in-arms because I don't think she should be working days when I'm there (we don't have a need for her/room for her anyway). I've got the crazy south-american esthy who runs hot-and-cold; one day she's my bestie, the next she's gossiping with the above-referenced receptionist about me.

So, I think I will start with Girl/Girl tomorrow and see how it goes.

Grrr....This sounds like a nightmare!!!!!

I have a PA esthetician who burns/hurts my clients on the occasions when she gets one of my clients because I'm busy/away,

This is unacceptable :(

I am sorry you are going through this, have not met you in person but know for a FACT that you are a wonderfully kind and caring lovely person...a pox on those who would mistreat you in any way.

I cannot help you with a phero idea...but can send positive energy :)

Thank you all so much for the support!!

So...she wasn't at work yesterday, but I wore a combo of Jinx No More and a beta of G2 with Pillow Patter (along with a few drops of Cat's eye for me!)

Great day, extremely busy, and I was exhausted by the end of the day!! Not sure if that's because of all the work or the phero or both.

Today I'm wearing the same combo, minus the Cat's eye. Not sure if she's gonna be in.

Oh, and the receptionist in question quit on Thursday, citing the way the boss and I treated her as "abusive" and "disrespectful". LOL!! I said to Mr. Goddess last night, one down, one to go!! I really need to try to be nicer...

But, seriously, I spoke to boss about this a couple of times, and I really am challenging myself to be more detached and professional. But, what I also told her is that she needs to take this seriously and confront the esthy about her treatment practices because, after all, it's HER business and her reputation on the line. I *think* she heard me about this, but she hates confrontation worse than I do, so it's honestly less than 50/50 that she'll actually take any real action.

So...she wasn't at work yesterday, but I wore a combo of Jinx No More and a beta of G2 with Pillow Patter (along with a few drops of Cat's eye for me!)

Great day, extremely busy, and I was exhausted by the end of the day!! Not sure if that's because of all the work or the phero or both.

Today I'm wearing the same combo, minus the Cat's eye. Not sure if she's gonna be in.

Oh, and the receptionist in question quit on Thursday, citing the way the boss and I treated her as "abusive" and "disrespectful". LOL!! I said to Mr. Goddess last night, one down, one to go!! I really need to try to be nicer...

But, seriously, I spoke to boss about this a couple of times, and I really am challenging myself to be more detached and professional. But, what I also told her is that she needs to take this seriously and confront the esthy about her treatment practices because, after all, it's HER business and her reputation on the line. I *think* she heard me about this, but she hates confrontation worse than I do, so it's honestly less than 50/50 that she'll actually take any real action.

Oh that is good half your problem is solved! Now let's get rid of that other one... :)

I'm glad the receptionist quit. I can't imagine you being abusive in any instance! I hope the replacement is everything you could hope for, professional, calm, nice, friendly. As for the esthy, I really hope the owner steps up and does something. It's beyond unacceptable to be hurting clients. She must be seriously non confrontational to ignore something like that. You're right, it is her business and reputation on the line, too bad you have to be a party to that. I hope it doesn't affect YOUR business. Does she (esthy) need more training? Or just need to be fired? My best friend works in a super nice salon with a rude, beyond crude nail tech. The owner is also non- confrontational, but she's finally had to speak up because it's at the point where she IS about to lose clients and staff over it. I hope your boss gets to that point before it comes to that for her, but maybe she needs to be shaken up to be prompted into acting. I hope not for your sake. I hope someone is documenting the clients the esthy burns and hurts. If not, someone should. Glad you had a good day! hope many more are to come!

Right, not only her business and reputation on the line...but what if someone reports the salon to County Health? Or sues?

Yes, a very good point!!

So, new development: apparently last week someone called anonymously about the esthy pulling off skin, and just wanted to have someone coach her so as to not do it to someone elso. She (esthy) told the receptionist (not the one who quit) that she thought I had put one of my friends up to making the call!! Can you believe it?? Seriously!!

Yes, a very good point!!

So, new development: apparently last week someone called anonymously about the esthy pulling off skin, and just wanted to have someone coach her so as to not do it to someone elso. She (esthy) told the receptionist (not the one who quit) that she thought I had put one of my friends up to making the call!! Can you believe it?? Seriously!!

Right, cause she couldn't have possibly done it :)

Well, it's over. The boss let let her go. I'm not gleeful, she has kids, it will be hard for her. I honestly thought it might be.worked out with some creative scheduling or something.

*sigh*

Edited by goddesslynne

Creative scheduling is not going to help someone who has deliberately caused harm :) I am sorry for her children also...for many reasons.

Edited by Calii

Well, it's over. The boss let let her go. I'm not gleeful, she has kids, it will be hard for her. I honestly thought it might be.worked out with some creative scheduling or something.

*sigh*

Well getting fired is good because if she is smart she will figure out something she is better at to do for a living.

It happened to me YEARS ago when I tried to work in an office!! And this is coming from someone who HATES any sort of change, remember? I am glad I was forced to look at my life and say "What the Hell? I want to do something I enjoy and can be good at instead of pretending I know what I am doing!" (which it sounds like that is what she was doing.)

Well, hopefully. Or she just may go to another salon and ruin someone elses life over there.

I'm glad that this is over for you, GL! It's definitely not easy to be working in such an environment.

As for the esthy losing her job and having children to feed, I think she'd better pull up her socks and stop speaking behind others' backs!

*sigh*

I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping she might just need more training. I hope she either learns more about her craft or finds another one. Sad ending. The bright side: a happier workplace for you!

Thanks so much for the support, gals!! I truly hope she is forwarded by this experience!! I'm sending positive energy to her, and hoping that everything turns out ok for her. I know it must have been hard for her to come into a fairly "well oiled machine" as we are there, and try to fit in. I have really taken it on to be a better person myself, and speak up WAY sooner if I ever see a problem, and confront problems at the time they occur, rather than let them be "someone's else's problem".

I am grateful for the "fresh start" and I'm committed to full appreciation!!