Shrunken Heads

Invidiana

This is unexpectedly uplifting and even refreshing without being summery--very difficult to put a finger (or, er, a head) on! I think it's the ginger. It picks you up while still remaining warm and fitting for fall, and then the sweet apple is soft and comforting in its own right with a noticeble tang from the cranberry that balances it out perfectly. Here's one scent where apple blossom doesn't go to cheap nauseating floral guest soap on me but remains subtle and adds to the feminine quality of the scent. There is also a waft of incense in the background, not a churchy incense but warm and slightly smoky resins which keep the feel distinctly autumnal. Something about this reminds me of visiting a cider mill when I was a kid, the smell of the freshly pressed apples and weathered wood with the brisk autumn breeze swirling in behind me. I've fallen for it.

I'm excited for this! It seems like scents with ginger in it have been a hit for me. I'm imagining a spiced cider with a refreshing but warm ginger kick according to your description. Is it more an an indian summer scent or could i be able to get away with it on a cooler, more crisp day?

awesome... cheerful, on the fresh side (the first thing it reminded me of is Babe in the Woods - doesn't smell anything like it, but has the same very upbeat lightness)... and yet it somehow has a feel of being super sociable - could totally see wearing this for partying all night. Isn't that weird?

• 2 weeks later...

This one is "soapy" on me :(

get a faint hint of cranberry, gonna let this age a bit and try it then

This is a very clean and refreshing scent on me. Like a just got out of the shower and rolled around in some apples and leaves type of scent. I really like the freshness of it. This would be good to wear on those days that you want to feel clean and you woke up late and didn't have time to shower you just rolled out of bed and barely brushed your teeth and have anxiety because Bosshole micromanages- For me this is a very sharp zen focus type of scent. It gets you moving - smells great too.

Is this unisex?

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the tart and crisp aspect in the vial, but on me it turns a bit too sharp. I think the ginger/cranberry amps on my skin and cancels out the other notes. I don't get the resins at all, but maybe with aging I might.

I can't give this one fair judgement I don't think. On me I get a fruit explosion, and I'm not really a fruity scent kinda gal so I tend to avoid them & wash them off before dry down... I dont actually know what this one smells like after dry down

• 1 year later...

This is pretty, clean and happy scent. I do not have too many apple scents to make reference to but this is something which I will wear to work or a day out with friends and family.

• 6 years later...

Bumping for charity auction!

Don’t let the scary name fool you, this is not your typical fall fragrance. This is like September fall, not November fall. Like there are still crops being harvested but the nights are chilly and their is that special crispness in the air that only Fall brings. It’s light and crisp and refreshing but still weighty enough with the spices to qualify as a fall fragrance. If hard cider is your drink of choice, bid on this right now. You’re welcome. Lol