Beyond the Veil

Invidiana

AD-BeyondVeil_1.jpg

Beyond the Veil

Step right up, if you dare to see what lies beyond our mortal coil… Experience the otherworldly vibe of a rich and rare blend of Indian and Arabian attars and resins (amber, sandalwood and nag champa among others) with a spicy sprinkling of roasted cinnamon, cardamom and clove, which is then given a deep Autumnal evocation of dry leaves and woods and a haunting whisper of bergamot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
NAG CHAMPA ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
ROASTED CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
CARDAMOM EO ~ Lust, love.
CLOVE BUD EO ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies. VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches, attracts spirits. Mental alertness, energizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
FALL LEAVES and AUTUMN WOODS ~ Renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The best way I can describe this is spooky incense. I mean "spooky" not in terms of a musty old basement but rather bewitching, alluring, a tad dangerous. It's like a smoky veil of incense intertwining with warm spices, which don't amp to infinity on me here, and the scents of autumn woods and dry leaves, all sweetened a bit with vanilla. It makes me think of one of those woods-witches George R.R. Martin describes in Song of Ice and Fire (FTR I finally finished the entire thing or at least what's written of it so far), an evocation of a sorceress swathed in diaphanous fabrics emerging through a curtain of incense smoke into a moonlit autumn night. Just smelling it makes me feel all mystical and mysterious.

I'm on the fence about this one. How smokey is it on you? I haven't had luck with smoke notes.Do you typically wear resiny/spicy scents? Just wondering which notes amp the most/least on you.

I keep comparing all spicy scents to the classic LP red. (works great on me) But when I try other spicy fragrances with either smoke, dirt, or musk, they go wonky on me.

Ingredients to BTV:

NAG CHAMPA ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

ROASTED CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

CLOVE BUD EO ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches, attracts spirits. Mental alertness, energizing.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

FALL LEAVES and AUTUMN WOODS ~ Renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.

Edited by Raq On

I'm on the fence about this one. How smokey is it on you? I haven't had luck with smoke notes.Do you typically wear resiny/spicy scents? Just wondering which notes amp the most/least on you.

I'd say mildly smoky, and not insanely spicy, just warm from the spices--and I do tend to amp spices, so the fact that they're in check here is good. I also amp resins but love them and wear resinous scents quite often so I don't mind that. HTH!

This isn't very smoky to me. It reminds me a lot of Iron Angel, but with spices instead of saffron. I think the nag champa and spices are the main notes while the others are more in the background.

Ooh good. I usually like the same ones as you do. I'll put it on my list

Well I have been having an LP party in bed with all my NR samples and I know I have gone too far and my nose is getting wack but I really don't think this one is working for me. It is SO STRONG on me. I feel like it is just overwhelming me to death!!! I mean I really do feel like spirits have come from Beyond The Veil through this oil to suffocate me.

It is hurting me. I will not be hasty though. I will def try it again in a few weeks but right now it's killing me.

I do love Invidianas beautiful review though!

Well I have been having an LP party in bed with all my NR samples and I know I have gone too far and my nose is getting wack but I really don't think this one is working for me. It is SO STRONG on me. I feel like it is just overwhelming me to death!!! I mean I really do feel like spirits have come from Beyond The Veil through this oil to suffocate me.

It is hurting me. I will not be hasty though. I will def try it again in a few weeks but right now it's killing me.

I do love Invidianas beautiful review though!

How is it strong? The spice? The atters? is it perfumey type strong? Tell Tell!

How is it strong? The spice? The atters? is it perfumey type strong? Tell Tell!

I am not really sure what it was that overwhelmed me in this yesterday. I don't think it smelled overly smokey or spicey though. Incensy for sure. Maybe the Nag Champa is too much for me. I love it when my friend burns it in his house though just not for my skin. It is very exotic smelling and bellydancingish though so I think you should get a sample to try.

OK, so this one surprised me. I expected deep and dark, but my skin projected Champa and Cinnamon. In a BIG way. Not in a bad way though.....it smells really nice. I get a smoky hint in the background, and the resins in this are really not in the forefront either.....my skin loves to throw cinnamon out there though. Thank goodness it is sweetened by the vanilla....that calms it down JUST ENOUGH. Like this one! May have to consider a bottle....

OK, so this one surprised me. I expected deep and dark, but my skin projected Champa and Cinnamon. In a BIG way. Not in a bad way though.....it smells really nice. I get a smoky hint in the background, and the resins in this are really not in the forefront either.....my skin loves to throw cinnamon out there though. Thank goodness it is sweetened by the vanilla....that calms it down JUST ENOUGH. Like this one! May have to consider a bottle....

After wearing for awhile, the cinnamon fades out a bit, and I get mostly champa....nice.....

Smells high-end and designery, like Italian couture house designery. I get no darkness or mysteriousness or even incensiness at all. Intriguing. I have 7 scents on my arm all at most 2 inches apart, so this is going to deserve some solo trialing.

I just got my package and couldn't wait to sniff this one. In the vial it's exactly how I imagined. Better even. Smells exotic and to me it smells like bellydance feels. I hope it smells like this on me. Must try tomorrow. Today was wearing All Hallows Eve.

After wearing for awhile, the cinnamon fades out a bit, and I get mostly champa....nice.....

Dolly, What exactly does the champa smell like?

I wore this today and It was quite strong when I put it on. I just looove this smell. I put too much on at first though and it was too cloying. Guess I got too zealous after my skin ate All Hallows EVe after a couple hours.

Anyhoo, I think my skin ate this too :-( I am going to wear again tomorrow but put on more sparingly and re-apply if needed.

If I could put MIddle EAstern dance in a bottle, this would be it. It's so exotic and heady.

Aha! Upon closer inspection of the ingredients I see now why it was cloying on me. Amber is the first ingredient:

NAG CHAMPA ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

But I am so in love with the cinnamon, Vanilla, and sandalwood... Can't identify what the nag smells like. Can someone describe? Amber doesn't like my skin :-( But I am going to try this mixed with a bit of Occo White tomorrow on one side and plain on the other. will let you all know

On me...the sandlewood hit first...then the vanilla and cinnamon. The rest just all blended together in a marvelous way. Kept smelling my wrist throughout the day and it just got better. Definitely will put a dab or two more on the next time. I loved this it! Exotic...yes! Sensual...yes! Sexy...Sexy!!

Nag Champa is a resin-based incense blend which has that sort of "classic" Indian/Arabian aura to it. Anytime you smell incense and immediately identify it as such, chances are it's Nag Champa.

Nag Champa is a resin-based incense blend which has that sort of "classic" Indian/Arabian aura to it. Anytime you smell incense and immediately identify it as such, chances are it's Nag Champa.

Thanks Luna. Now I can identify it. I tried it today with bit of OCCO white, it works, but I think I like BTV solo. Just not in copious amounts like I tried the first time.

Can you tell me what Dragon's blood smells like?

The good kind has a really rich deep resin-y aura to it, as halo noted. The cheap kind has a cherry note in it. It's one of those things that once you smell it, you never forget it.

i'm not sure..... I want to order a bottle, but the dilema is that my skin eats this. But if I try to combat that by applying more initially, then it's just tooo strong..

I really really like this one though. Any suggestions for making it last longer on me? (I do apply almond oil as a body moisturizer before putiing on scent)

I smell like a walking incense stick. I smell like when the priest burns incense in that pot and he starts speaking in Latin commanding that the Devil come out of my soul and he starts swinging it around like he's some kind of pimp daddy John and he's all concentrating and I giggle inside because these mofos have no clue I have my period and the only reason I ditched class to go to the liquor store before church was because I HAD to have a Kit Kat, and I'm sorry I bought a bunch of them and decided to share with my classmates during your Hominy ( because that's what it was a bunch of beans ) ~ I was being Jesus like and sharing ~ loaves and chocolates and shit- because it's good manners to share and bad manners to indulge in chocolate when there are other suffering from PMS ~ I was healing the lepers ~ Now I'm stuck here with this shiny pimp bastard and his shiny ball of smoke in my face.

is regression therapy part of BTV?.. so maybe not my favorite scent. It's all Nag on me. Of course it is. I mean this would be all Nag on me. I mean I could see demons coming out of my fingertips as I type.

Properly tested with a big slather on one arm. Wet & while drying, I was :( because it was soapy and Perfumey in a way I don't like :( -- probably the sandalwood & nag. But now, dried down, it is a mysterious, grown up, ladylike, serious, serene, silky smooth, aristocratic. = not me, but very pretty.

Edited by tyvey

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ye Gods! I thought I'd reviewed this. Must have been yammering about it in potion of the day. I LOVE THIS SCENT. Really. Lots and forever! It's incensey--which is all good for me, as I *am* an incense slut--but it's incensey in a gentle, warm way. It's quiet and sweet and seductive, and resinous and sort of mysterious. I keep thinking of getting another bottle amped with a phero. But you know what? Mixing with my particular skin chemistry, this perfume *acts* like it's pheroed! It seems, consistently, to truly encourage people around me to just be NICE to me and to *each other.* It's one of my go-to scents if I want to have people be happy without wearing pheros. It also seems to encourage me to feel content with whatever's going on. It's calming in a way. So I get all these extra goodies along with this wonderful scent!!! :heart:

I'll probably get another bottle amped, or at least layer it, with a phero eventually, though. SS4W would be lovely...or a bunch of others, come to think of it! Heee!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 4 months later...

Either this has aged in the bottle or my skin has changed.

It's even better after a year! I'm trying to pick out what smells so good now. When I first bought the bottle I loved it but it was very strong with a couple notes, the nag champa and Amber being very sharp. We know Amber does not like me so I'm surprised that it is the first (dominant?) ingredient here. But the rest are also just as strong so maybe that cancels out the sharp Amber bite on my skin. I can't tell what amps on this now but I'm going to guess it's the bergamont and the nag champa. Cardamom smelled like Indian food on me in Garland and Lace 3, but not here.

Love Love Love!

PS it really does smell like belllydance to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Either this has aged in the bottle or my skin has changed.

It's even better after a year! I'm trying to pick out what smells so good now. When I first bought the bottle I loved it but it was very strong with a couple notes, the nag champa and Amber being very sharp. We know Amber does not like me so I'm surprised that it is the first (dominant?) ingredient here. But the rest are also just as strong so maybe that cancels out the sharp Amber bite on my skin. I can't tell what amps on this now but I'm going to guess it's the bergamont and the nag champa. Cardamom smelled like Indian food on me in Garland and Lace 3, but not here.

Love Love Love!

PS it really does smell like belllydance to me.

Yeah, I haven't been loving cardamom on my skin, but in this? Yum! The vanilla in this really brings on the happy for me & it normally dominates in fragrances (for me), but I couldn't really smell it in here. This is probably just going to keep getting better as it ages. It definitely didn't smell this good to me when it started out, which is why I overlooked my sample for so long. Full bottle time :)

• 9 months later...

This is one of my favorite fragrances out of all the ones I have tried. It really works with my skin chemistry!

In the bottle this smells kind of like rubbing alcohol. Wet it smells really intense and dark. This was really a different type of smell for me. Its pleasant, but I got something kind of like smoke and incense in the background. I don't know what the top notes are. Its kind of earthy, but with vanilla. Definitely big girl/mature. People thought this smelled good on me. I really didn't expect to like this one, but I do. Its just so different. I can't imagine myself wearing this everyday, but at the same time if I did it would definitely be pretty distinctive as I don't know too many people who smell like this. This is really mysterious and exotic, hard to place, but smells really good.

• 1 year later...

I love this in the vial. On me, it turns sweet, super strong and perfume-y. It settles down eventually but it stays as strong perfume for a good long while. I'm not sure how I feel about the scent on me.

This is going to be one that I'm going to have to try again to see what it does. I didn't really get "incense" out of it, although I think now I might know what Nag Champa smells like.

The scent of this reminds me of those shops that sell mystical things, like crystals and stones, tarot cards, etc.