Jo Anna's Sweet Winter Chai 2011

Jo Anna

Sweet Mara is a genius!!!

This is exactly what I wanted. It's sweetly sweet caramel blended perfectly with sweet marshmallow yumminess gently enhanced with sweet chai spices that bring a sense of warmth to the entire yummy blend.

The spices never overpower the sweet caramel marshmallow, so you are always left with the desire to lick this delicious scent.

I heart you Mara and your crafty magick potions!!!

I didn't want to talk about this until I secured a few bottles.. but WOWOWOWO

Instant love for me. I loved it so much I had to email JoAnna right away and propose to her. This is all sweet caramel apple goodness with marshmallow heaven! OOOOH I loveeeee . It 's pretty long lasting also so a little goes a long way. I could not stop smelling myself and I am hoarding the sniffee I received along with the bottle I purchased.

My first Chai had a definite chai tone to it. It was much more spicy sweet versus this newer one. The 2011 version has marshmallow, whereas the first one did not. The 2011 is sweeter with a splash of sweet spice from the chai.

I got a sniffie of this and I really like it,will let it age a bit and check it again...I still have a bottle of the original and a half-bottle boosted with Focus Potion...hmmm,ya know,I might even like this one better :)

....no apple though,correct? I got confused by Lady V <slaps lady V with a glove>

....whoops, I take the glove back if there actually is apple in it !

im just slaphappy today :)

I did not ask for any apple...I get no apple smell. :) I think as long as you use a Bedazzled pink glove to slap her with, you'll be good. ;)

• 1 month later...

I received a little sniffie of this in my order. It is amazing! I didn't pick up on any of the marshmallow, but the chai and the caramel blend so well together. This might just end up being a little bottle purchase!

Edited by Daisies&Sunshine

I find it quite different from the original (which remains an all time favorite). Original was translucent and very cinnamon-forward. This one is gooey and opaque and much sweeter, all about the marshmallow, and far less spicy, at least on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious...the first version has no marshmallow, but it did have more chai spices and cinnamon?

I liked it very much, but it has no lasting power on me...Really, after an hour I could only smell some marshmallow, and that's it.

I got no caramel, and the chai spice which I expected to be more dominant, only appeared at the top notes but faded really fast...the marshmallow overpowers everything else going on...at least on me, it did.

I tried applying more and more, but this wears so close to my skin that nobody could smell me, even when I asked them to...I will re-test with some layering, and see if it works out better.

I would like to try the first version, though...from what I read it seems to be stronger and spicier...

• 1 month later...

I was really surprised with this one. I was expecting a scent very similar to the original Sweet Winter Chai, but with the spice notes softened by marshmallow. I got something entirely different.... Nothing but marshmallow...zip, zilch...Not even a hint of spice or chai :blink:

What's up with that eh??

• 5 months later...

I've never tried the original I don't think, but I got a sniffee of this, and I really like it. It has the spices up front, but the marshmallow all around it... the caramel makes it sweet.. yum!

• 5 months later...