This is a *wonderful* carrier for Popularity Potion, it's a happy, yummy foody scent! Delicious vanilla cake, a very gentle orange note, sweet frosting all the way through... I think you guys will LOVE this one. NOT as buttery as Kanary Kreme, but in that same happy delicious nommable realm!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*cries* WAAAH I WANTZ MAH SMELLIES!

I wonder if Q will jump me with this one, even though as I've said he doesn't like citrus, although it could just be that he doesn't like citrus on himself.

OMG I am so excited Cannot wait!! I ordered a phero and non phero

we had a choice ?

With most of them, yes, but not in the sample size. You have the option of ordering bottles with or without.

Yes there's a drop down option for all the scents this month if you want phero or non.

d'oh...I was TOO anxious when ordering, didn't read, what w/the power outage.... I just ordered :(

YES YES YES :hearts09793: I just knew this was going to be delish :) I got one coming with PP,and it should be Perfect for me as the UN in spray is hard for me to dose,sometimes waaay too strong :D

Now I know waht what everyone is raving about !!

Bright, sweet cake (but not cloying) :)

me likey :bananajoy:

eta: can't spell

Edited by liz

This one for me starts off very brightly orange, then as it dried down it became softer and very sweet. It reminded me of those Orange Hostess Cupcakes which I adore and the only place I can find them is in Baker at that AM PM where the World's Largest Thermometer sits. That and Munchos and Dr. Pepper. I really do like this, I have to play with it more this week, Velvet Kisses and Far Far were fighting for calling me.

So far though another win on this.

In the vial = OMG YUMMEH CAKE!

On me = eventually turns to Play-Doh.

Usually it's only a combo of amber and vanilla (or honey and vanilla) which does that to me, it must be the dairy this time.

:A002:

This one for me starts off very brightly orange, then as it dried down it became softer and very sweet. It reminded me of those Orange Hostess Cupcakes which I adore and the only place I can find them is in Baker at that AM PM where the World's Largest Thermometer sits. That and Munchos and Dr. Pepper. I really do like this, I have to play with it more this week, Velvet Kisses and Far Far were fighting for calling me.

So far though another win on this.

OMG Baker... such weird roadside attractions in that place, I love it! Alien Fresh Jerky... mm, now I am craving tuna jerky. Also, if this smells like those orange hostess cupcakes I am now 10x more stoked to get my sampler package!!

My bottle of Darling Clementine came in the mail yesterday and so I tried it out for the first time this morning.

The smell is so delicious! It definitely remind me of cake. The sweet scent was just right; it was not overpowering or cloying. It was perfect! The only sad part is that my skin ate the scent so quickly that it seemed to fade away in less than an hour. Maybe I will wear a little more next time.

I am not experienced with pheros at all, but I want to try to make my review helpful. My work environment (a call center) is very emotionally stressful. It is not hostile, but it isn't a happy place to be either. Each day is usually a pretty big struggle for me. The pheros helped me feel a little bit better about myself, so I am very grateful for that.

Even without the pheros, the scent is so yummy! And it made me want a piece of cake instead of a regular breakfast :bday1032:

YAY! this comes out smelling sooooo good on me, and sticks around decently. :funnyanimation17: i had no less than three(!) people ask me for the name of my perfume tonight, whoa.

the phero is CURRRRAAAAAZZZYYY!! i showed up to a friend's birthday celebration wayyy late tonight and everyone, even people who are distant acquaintances wanted to hug me & ask about my night, my weekend, my life. i forgot i was wearing a phero at first so i was a little confused & then i remembered LOL. so that wasn't too abnormal, but THEN, we had a couple different groups of people (strangers) come up to us & just initiate conversations, out of nowhere! a very large group of people was sitting in a booth, and they started yelling at me from the booth while i was maybe 6 feet away, but i could barely hear them over the music/general bar noise. they were so insistent that i finally went over to talk to them, and they CHEERED! what?? B) and as the bar closed and the lights turned on, 2 different guys stopped me to tell me i was 'the most beautiful girl here' and 'beyond fly'. the best part was that i was wearing terrible makeup (i hadn't reapplied since i left for work in the morning, it had been like 16 hours and it was either gone or kind of getting gross & flaking, ew), glasses (normally a contact-wearer), and unwashed hair that, again, hadn't been touched since i left for work this morning. this stuff is gold. i need more of it in my life already and i've barely gotten started with the trial vial LOL

Edited by crookedteeth

Halo, you're right, this is not too citrusy on me. MOre like a cake with orange buttercream frosting. Loved this when I put it on, wanted to slather...(did slather in fact)

But now it's only 4 hours later and the nommy smell is gone and I'm left with something that I can't identify only to say this happens with many of the foody or pink scents on me. after 4 hours they morph into....What? help me out here...

is this what people call "powdery?" It's always the same smell on me though. sort of like when you put on a shir that you wore yesterday, w/ some kind of perfume...only the perfume now smells different than when you wore it with that shirt...The best I can describe it is...powdery.

What is this phenomenon?

Halo, you're right, this is not too citrusy on me. MOre like a cake with orange buttercream frosting. Loved this when I put it on, wanted to slather...(did slather in fact)

But now it's only 4 hours later and the nommy smell is gone and I'm left with something that I can't identify only to say this happens with many of the foody or pink scents on me. after 4 hours they morph into....What? help me out here...

is this what people call "powdery?" It's always the same smell on me though. sort of like when you put on a shir that you wore yesterday, w/ some kind of perfume...only the perfume now smells different than when you wore it with that shirt...The best I can describe it is...powdery.

What is this phenomenon?

is it what luna called 'play-doh' above? because after saying last night it stuck around it must have heard me, because today my skin ate it like it tasted as good as it smells :cry: the first go 'round the scent lasted maybe 2 hours. i put more on 5 hours after the initial application and that went away in 30 minutes, and maybe an hour later a play-doh-esque smell showed up - not horrifying or bad really, just a little off. i've had this happen before, and i wonder if it has to do with a phero in it interacting with my chemistry - there's a phero from another place with undisclosed ingredients, but similar effects, that turns into the same scent, so i wonder if it's whatever pheromone gives that effect. alternatively, the bad time of the month showed up today, right around the time the scent got eaten the first time, so i wonder if the yum will stick around when it's not that time... since last night it was OK.

on the plus side, more obvious hits with the phero today. i had people all over the office building who i had never met waving at me or asking what's up as they passed me in the hall, and every stranger i got in the elevator with today complimented something on me! i LOVE this! :D i also had a couple meetings today, and both of them i felt like everyone kept glancing at me during both of them - not in an awkward staring way, just like i kept catching eyes pausing on me. during one a male coworker made a comment via gestures across the room at me about my shirt (not inappropriate, just an 'i like it' kind of thing), which i have probably worn once every week or two for the past few months so it's not like he's never seen it before!

Edited by crookedteeth

This. Is. Glorious!!

No seriously.....I *love* this one.....the clementine is so nice and sweet...smells like candy.

And...and.....and......and when it dries down......I'm left with this AWESOME vanilla cake scent that is made of total WIN!

:penguin::love::penguin:

@ crooked teeth:

is it what luna called 'play-doh' above? because after saying last night it stuck around it must have heard me, because today my skin ate it like it tasted as good as it smells :cry: the first go 'round the scent lasted maybe 2 hours. i put more on 5 hours after the initial application and that went away in 30 minutes, and maybe an hour later a play-doh-esque smell showed up - not horrifying or bad really, just a little off.

No not playdoh really, just, sort of like old powder.....

Do you think that there are people who just *won't* get anything from Popularity Potion? I wore Darling Clementine for my night out w/the girls (yay me being brave!) and really... I don't think it did a thing for me, socially. It was a perfectly nice evening, but ...nothing special. Sad. I LOVE the scent...

Katz it may be an issue of amount. PP is very hit or miss for me - the first few times I used it, I felt insecure /weak/ invisible - I was wearing a generous dab of PG Wildflower split to wrists.

Then at someone's advice here, I did these two things - and I think both were key: (1) turned it into a spray and (2) made it VERY diluted, like 2 or 3x weaker than a "normal" spray mix, and did ONE spray to head. This produced Cougar-ish effects on self and others.

I also wore a TINY bit of WTL? to a dinner once and it made me feel traffic-stoppingly confident and really the perfect phrase for the feeling is "a litte haughty" - I mean, literally, I remember being about to cross the street and feeling that by divine right the traffic ought to, in fact must, stop for me, and I swanned across the intersection.

Anyway, point being, maybe you're like me, your chemistry/personality prefers a lot less of this, - so try using a lot less and/or heavily diluted into a spray....

/semi-tj