Portmanteau W/Perfect Match

• 1 month later...

Well, I tried this one again tonight, and it seems to have mellowed a bit. There's still just a bit of pointiness about it, but it's not nearly as assaulting as it was when I first got it, way back in February. I'm going to hang onto it for a little while longer, because if it continues to mellow, I will be a very happy woman! I have it on my left ankle right now, just in case it was as strong as it was before, but now I have to keep lifting my leg to my nose to smell it! lol!

Moon Bloom, you've inspired me to try this out next. Your experience with your TG is exactly what I'm trying to replicate - have him see me "with new eyes".

(What exactly does TG stand for anyway? Test Guy? Target Guy?)

Ahh thanks, I have been wondering that for a while!

I've tried it out a couple of days but not sure on the effects yet, too many other factors going on here. I'll give it a few more test runs.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried this one as well, and it seemed to at least not have a negative effect on my boyfriend. Again, i like the scent. In fact, i love ALL the scents. I am so so so in love with these fragrances!

Hoping I can find a phero that decidedly works for me. Results have been wishy washy to negative so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I just acquired a bottle of this from the lovely hearts! This is a winner for me. The scent is lovely and quiet. See, I don't get the pine, spruce, and cedar--at least, not noticeably--so this is more laid-back than I thought it would be. What I *do* get is the lovely, LOVELY sandal, and the teak, musk, amber, vanilla, and patch. DAMN this is GOOD! It's good for girls or boys of any persuasion! It smells just as good on Mr. Matt as it does on me.

As for the Perfect Match phero, oh my goodness! It definitely brings me lots of bonding and communication! It's a nice feel-good phero for me, and it's a comfy hang-out-together thing like I get from Heart and Soul. I realized after-the-fact a couple days ago that it sparked a two-hour conversation with me and a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. We needed to catch up with each other anyway. However, it was giggle-worthy! As soon as I got her into my phero-cloud, she *insisted* on sitting down and talking! And then we just flew through this intense conversation! It was most excellent. :)

Here's the one unfortunate part: Mr. Matt can't wear it. He started getting nauseous as soon as I slathered him. It smells so wonderful on him, but it's a no-go. It's got to be the phero, and possibly *specifically* the DHEAS. He can do the DHEAS on me, but not on himself. Mr. Matt can't drink these days. We think it's because he did too much binge drinking *without* throwing up when he was younger, and toxified his liver some (and growing up next to the freeway, and resulting allergies...long story). I was commenting on how the DHEAS in blends makes me feel kind of like I've been drinking. He stopped and stared at me and said that he'd started feeling exactly what he feels when he cooks with alcohol and is tasting as he goes, and his stomach starts going south. Interesting, yes?

Heh. So, whereas I was intending to share this bottle of Portmanteau...it's MINE! ALLLLL MIIIINE!!!!! Mwaaaahahahahaaaaaaaa!!! :heart:

I don't think I ever ended up posting my full review of this! Well, here it is :)

Joint review of Perfect Match UN phero blend and Portmanteau, which is Perfect Match in fragrance.

Pheromone ingredients: beta androstenol, alpha androstenol, androsterone, epiandrosterone, androstadienone, DHEA

Price: Got both as freebies in various trades, so ZILCH for me! :) But normally standard Love Potion prices - $5 for sample, $29.95 for full bottle, $39.95 for UN bottle. I'm about to buy an UN bottle and tossing up between silicon base at $39.95 or upgrading to a spray for $44.95.

Presentation: Cute label on Portmanteau, very classy and old school romance style. Perfect Match is simple and sweet as well.

Smell: As far as I can tell, so far I don't detect any smell from the UN phero. As for Portmanteau - I'll admit, the smell has grown on me. I didn't care for it much at first - too green and masculine smelling. Fortunately it's quite subtle and I only use a tiny bit, and I feel it wears close to the skin plus it's easy enough to cover with a spritz of something else. It's ok as a scent, it just doesn't exude the overt femininity or juicy deliciousness I usually like out of my scents.

Results: This will be a different kind of review, because I've been analysing this phero blend and what I think are its results on one person in particular. To that end I've read extensively on these products and want to start by copying the notes other people have made that I resonate with the most. These are NOT my words, but they are my experience.

Well it did create a loving, cuddly, totally "I am so into you" vibe.

It generated a whole cuddly snuggem's unrelated to sex.

I unexpectedly ran into my crush... the second he hit my "smell zone," his demeanor changed. Soft and gentle voice...

We chit chatted about absolutely nothing for nearly 20 minutes and were absolutely delighted to do so. It was sort of the equivalent of verbal snuggling, lol. He kept repeating things we'd already talked about in an obvious effort to keep the conversation going. I walked away feeling like we'd just had the deepest conversation ever, content, and very happy. And he did too, judging by a message i got later.

we get on GREAT, really well and except in one case, those guys have then never wanted to see me again. The other's turning his whole life around. Why is it useful I hear you ask?? Because I think it speeds up the commitmentphobic reaction and weeds out the assholes faster.

One friend gives me a very doe eyed look like she's in love (but her behavior doesn't change much except for some more hair twirling). Another becomes more touchy feely with me.

They act more like I'm a guy they may see as a potential romantic partner. Little behavioral changes as opposed to jumping me in a sexual way. More subtle but more lovey dovey.

Not sexual really, just wide-eyed, smiley appreciative DIHLs, double & triple takes, but not in a omg celeb! way like Cougar- more like their long lost first love. Total strangers are smiling and saying hi

More detailed reports of my experiences wearing this blend can be found in my journal on PT, I won't post them all here or this post will be even more ridiculously long than usual. Essentially, as far as effects on others go, I believe this one actually does create a feeling of "being in love", or at least feeling love for the person wearing it. I don't just mean that first love, infatuation, you're-so-wonderful feeling (which it certainly does have), but also just appreciating the other person. Like when you're drunk and feeling all "I love you guys!" with your friends ;) As I mentioned I've been using it particularly with one person, a crush I have had for years, and I feel like it has sped things along in that direction in a way I've been trying to all this time.

I don't think it is necessarily a sexy or sexual blend. I got less sexual hits from this among people other than my particular target than I did from, say Rocket Fuel III. My take on it is that it has the ability to make people feel love or attraction for you as a person, but this can be anywhere from "I want to jump your bones right now" to "You're a great person, I love you like a sister/brother". I can see it being used very effectively by someone looking for a serious relationship, not as a pick-up. Or just when you want to feel that those in your life appreciate you.

I adore this blend and so far it's unlike anything else I've tried. Wonderful stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

OKay so I finally got around to testing this one out! OMG what a win! I slathered it on Friday evening and put my arm up to BF and asked if he liked it. He said he did. I giggled inwardly because he also inhaled a shit load of pheros.. he was so cuddly and cute with me, more so than usual, and he asked me if he should run to the store and get eggs. ( we cook breakfast together every weekend, I make pancakes, he makes eggs and bacon.. I know barf, but that's what we do ) I said yes because I didn't feel like doing it. ( vintage Victoria BTW) So he left and kept calling me.. " do you think Walgreens will have eggs? " I said.. hmm " Maybe, try the 99 cents store, they sometimes have eggs. " He didn't want to go there because he wanted fresh eggs, so off to Ralphs he went. He calls me about 30 mins later asking if we had a rewards card. We don't.. so he signed up for one, which I think was really cute.. then he came home and surprised me with my fav foods of the week!!!!! Watermelon and California Rolls!!! Then he told me to go rest and take a nap while he made dinner!

BF is usually very sweet and takes care of me this way but this was like when the Lakers won the championship for the 3rd year in a row. 3 PEAT! I mean, nap, groceries, and a cooked dinner? He even served me. This phero makes him an even better him.

It turns off the male ego. I love this and am considering boosting everything with Perfect Match or buying UN.

Or I might just grab another bottle of this.

I got Perfect Match in Night of Delight, I love it on my hair, but then I love Perfect Match anyway! I still haven't tried this though. Might it snag me someone who takes care of me too ??

You never know it just might, maybe you will snag someone and the both of you can do replicas of each other :P

See, I know you've got your BF so well-trained that it goes way beyond the influence of pheromones. :P

LMAO ~ Okay well it might be that too. BUT to be fair we have each other well trained. The pheromones help boost my evil powers..LOL

OKay so I finally got around to testing this one out! OMG what a win! I slathered it on Friday evening and put my arm up to BF and asked if he liked it. He said he did. I giggled inwardly because he also inhaled a shit load of pheros.. he was so cuddly and cute with me, more so than usual, and he asked me if he should run to the store and get eggs. ( we cook breakfast together every weekend, I make pancakes, he makes eggs and bacon.. I know barf, but that's what we do ) I said yes because I didn't feel like doing it. ( vintage Victoria BTW) So he left and kept calling me.. " do you think Walgreens will have eggs? " I said.. hmm " Maybe, try the 99 cents store, they sometimes have eggs. " He didn't want to go there because he wanted fresh eggs, so off to Ralphs he went. He calls me about 30 mins later asking if we had a rewards card. We don't.. so he signed up for one, which I think was really cute.. then he came home and surprised me with my fav foods of the week!!!!! Watermelon and California Rolls!!! Then he told me to go rest and take a nap while he made dinner!

BF is usually very sweet and takes care of me this way but this was like when the Lakers won the championship for the 3rd year in a row. 3 PEAT! I mean, nap, groceries, and a cooked dinner? He even served me. This phero makes him an even better him.

It turns off the male ego. I love this and am considering boosting everything with Perfect Match or buying UN.

Or I might just grab another bottle of this.

Oh LadyV I'm so jealous - I want a man like that! Can I borrow him? :666:

Oh LadyV I'm so jealous - I want a man like that! Can I borrow him? :666:

Ahahaha! I think the female version would be a merely aesthetic, non-functional object :P

He's very delicious!

The female version would make a lovely vase. ( pronounced the fancy way of saying vase.. vahhhhhse)

I think it'd only be possible to make an objet d'art! A mould of the outside. The technicality of moulding the inside would be a nightmare! Keeping on topic-how masculine is this? Do i need some?

It's very unisex. I love that you can't tell if it should be on a man or a woman. It smells very elegant and gives good musk.

• 1 month later...

I love this one! So far, Portmanteau and Elixir of Silver have been most to me and my Bf's liking. Seems we both do well with cleaner scents. Although I have noticed these don't have the staying power of other scents.

I get a bit nauseous wearing heavy things, so these are great for me!

Yes, this stuff is great! But I just tried to order some and it's completely OOS.

I hope this blend is one that is re-stocked regularly. It's a nice clean scent that works well at the office.

Edited by Just Ducky

Yes, this stuff is great! But I just tried to order some and it's completely OOS.

I hope this blend is one that is re-stocked regularly. It's a nice clean scent that works well at the office.

I have a sad feeling it won't be :( Nooo I knew I should have got some of this with my last order. I have a bottle of UN Perfect Match, but who was I kidding, that won't be enough!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a sad feeling it won't be :( Nooo I knew I should have got some of this with my last order. I have a bottle of UN Perfect Match, but who was I kidding, that won't be enough!!!

I recall reading in another thread that Perfect Match will be restocked. Mara is just waiting on a few ingredients or something.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7345

• 5 months later...

I made a little spray out of this and gave it to my boyfriend. I think smells are pretty much all the same to him, but I absolutely love how this smells on him - citrusy and juicy and spicy and so manly, with just the right hint of sweetness. This is a great one for men.

BF and I were non stop bickering over stupid little things last weekend. I admit I was being a bitch, it wasn't my fault entirely I was going to get my period, so I was a bit insensitive and told him he was overly sensitive and needed to get over it and to stop being moody because it was starting to affect me.

Everything we said to each other got on our nerves.. and we had a dinner date to go on.. so I busted this baby out. RIght after I rolled around in this I ran by him to get something from the kitchen. All of sudden he went from being annoyed with me, to " Why are you ignoring me "

I kept on ignoring him and said I wasn't. We get in the car and something magical happened. We were able to discuss our annoyances without yelling or me throwing some kind of tantrum or pretending to break a leg or hide in the closet for added drama. We talked like human beings and it made me realize that sometimes I can be a bitch. I always thought this was just a cute side of my personality. I was really impressed that it made both of us listen to each other, and I didn't get upset, and I even owned up to the fact that I do have food fury issues. ( one of the things he was upset with me was because I came home from work and him and Jude were waiting for me to have dinner, I opened the container of hummus and didn't share and became a maniac when they both wanted some.. which led to me yelling.. GET OFF MY HUMMUS THIS IS MY HUMMUS ) We ended up having a really good time that night, we were both affectionate and happy at dinner, and I caught myself gazing adoringly at him and I even reached over a few times to tug at his beard and kiss his perfect face.