What is you go to phero for calmness/relaxation

So I ordered Tranquility potion UN and it's sort of just meh. I think I'd like to try something else. I was hoping to find something that calms/relaxes me and bestows a general feeling of peace....

What do you all use for that? (I think I read teddy potion?? is that right?)

That's too bad Tranq doesn't work on you, it didn't have any effect at all? Other than what I do use it for, I also use Teddy BB for dealing with the PMS monster and the occasional bout of depression/anxiety. I suppose B2 would be useful in that respect as well (but I have chosen not to use that one anymore).

I have a few that I use to calm me down

Special D ~ Sold Out

To Soothe A Broken Heart ~ Sold Out

Pillow Stuffing - coma inducing

New

Egg 2011 -PMS

Smokin Bun- PMS

and I discovered

Eternal Chain- uplifts me big time but this one is sold out

Super2 - I love how it smells and I feel safe and strong

That's too bad Tranq doesn't work on you, it didn't have any effect at all? Other than what I do use it for, I also use Teddy BB for dealing with the PMS monster and the occasional bout of depression/anxiety. I suppose B2 would be useful in that respect as well (but I have chosen not to use that one anymore).

How come? is it addicting? :-)

I have one phero that I reach for when I'm nervous or anxious, ifI'm upset about someting or if I'm too restless to sleep... B2 :)

I've got 2 boosted bottles of it, and to be honest this is what I use B2 for exclusively. I've never worn it "in public" or around other people, I only ever wear it when I need a bit of emotional support or "soothing for my soul" if that makes sense

How come? is it addicting? :-)

No not at all; it's just that I only used B2 because Boy/Boy (the original) wasn't available and now that Teddy BB is, that's all I need,

Edited by luna65

haven't tried B2 but it seems to work wonders on everyone....I've read that Androstadienone or A1 is very effective to calm and relax...I feel that when I wear Sparkle Fuchsia it has that calming effect on me, unlike Scented Cougar, maybe Cougar relaxes me but it only works that way with the pumpkinish pink sugarish scent....

The list of ingredients is exactly the same for B2 and Teddy BB.

They were made by two different formulators.

It was Chris's creation originally and during the period we could not get product from him, I commissioned another formulator to reproduce it using Chris's recipe. The other formulator balanced it differently, with A1 being 50% of the recipe.

Personally, I think Chris's version (Teddy BB) is balanced better. Beccah has mentioned that she likes the balance of B2 better. So yes, it really is personal preference, but they are extremely similar, and were intended to be the same.

I like to switch back & forth between them now, so that I don't lose self effects from either one ;)

Have you tried Treasured Hearts for soothing Raq On? I like this one to induce social calm. Here, I'll give you a list:

1.B2 ~ PMS soothing, good for when the house is empty & you need that extra something to feel safe.

2. Teddy BB~ Ditto

3. Treasured Hearts~ Soothing for family gatherings, tense environments

Hmm, Mother's Little Helper also looks promising.

I like to switch back & forth between them now, so that I don't lose self effects from either one ;)

Have you tried Treasured Hearts for soothing Raq On? I like this one to induce social calm. Here, I'll give you a list:

1.B2 ~ PMS soothing, good for when the house is empty & you need that extra something to feel safe.

2. Teddy BB~ Ditto

3. Treasured Hearts~ Soothing for family gatherings, tense environments

Hmm, Mother's Little Helper also looks promising.

Thanks Beccah and Mara for clarifying...

I just placed an order for a sample of B2 UN

I DO have treasured hearts and am planning on wearing in on Thanksgiving...funny you should mention but I read Mara's post about planning to wear TH herself so I thought I'd try it.

I have MLH and wrote my review of it (wore during Long assed family car trip last wekend) if you want to read about it, it's in my Journal under "test driving the UN's"

Happy TG to all.... :CHEERS~19:

I'm wondering if the fact that my sense of smell seems so primitive results in not being able to detect pheros. I don't seem to be as affected as most.

I'm not sure that reaction to pheros has anything to do with sense of smell. (A considerable percentage of the population can't smell them at all.) I believe they are chemical signals that are absorbed through the nose, but processed subconsciously in the brain. I think people react to the chemical signals without actually smelling the pheros. Our noses are attached to the most primal part of our brains...humans react to scent stimulus before we are even aware that we have smelled something or before we are able to identify the smell.

RAQ...I have read of people who never get self effects and only wear pheros for how it effects others,and also people who lose their self-effects,something I have worried about but has not happened yet,thank goodness!! :)

I have read some of your reports on ones you liked,forgot which ones tho.Don't give up,but maybe take a break for a few weeks!

Yeah, I figured it worked that way....which only leaves one conclusion left:

My brain is more primitive that most? haha!

LOL! No! Most people are immune to what they themselves are wearing. It becomes part of *you* and gets passed by. You can't smell your own breath...you can't smell your own perfume after a few minutes, unless your attention is drawn to either for some reason.

I think those of us that get self-effects from pheros probably would not do so if we wore the same blend every single day...our brains would process it as part of us. Do you get any effects when someone you are with is wearing them?

I have one phero that I reach for when I'm nervous or anxious, ifI'm upset about someting or if I'm too restless to sleep... B2 :)

I've got 2 boosted bottles of it, and to be honest this is what I use B2 for exclusively. I've never worn it "in public" or around other people, I only ever wear it when I need a bit of emotional support or "soothing for my soul" if that makes sense

I agree completely. B2, B2, B2. It is a miracle worker for me especially when I'm PMSing hardcore...it just calms me like a charm.

If you find you are not reacting to a soothing phero when worn on your skin, try just applying it to your pillow. I do that. Teddy Man with Teddy BB in it is one of my fave pillow potions. Makes me feel calm and safe and helps me to sleep. I find that when I roll a few stripes on my pillow, the effect will last around 3 days.

LOL! No! Most people are immune to what they themselves are wearing. It becomes part of *you* and gets passed by. You can't smell your own breath...you can't smell your own perfume after a few minutes, unless your attention is drawn to either for some reason.

I think those of us that get self-effects from pheros probably would not do so if we wore the same blend every single day...our brains would process it as part of us. Do you get any effects when someone you are with is wearing them?

I don't know anyone else who wears them (until I secretly test my husband when he gets his new BD present, I am sure HOPING for the pheros to affect me then)

I agree completely. B2, B2, B2. It is a miracle worker for me especially when I'm PMSing hardcore...it just calms me like a charm.

But then by Mara's definition, wouldn't your brain build up a tolerance to this too, therefore making it not work? (horrid grammar there)

If you find you are not reacting to a soothing phero when worn on your skin, try just applying it to your pillow. I do that. Teddy Man with Teddy BB in it is one of my fave pillow potions. Makes me feel calm and safe and helps me to sleep. I find that when I roll a few stripes on my pillow, the effect will last around 3 days.

I will try this with TRanquility. (does the oil stain your pillow case though?)

Edited by Raq On

This isn't a phero, so I hope it is still okay if I post my suggestion. Peaceful Home from the LP Spell Kit Collection might be worth trying. I bought a little sample size vial and it makes me feel very safe and calm. It might help you too :)

When I've tried scenting my pillow, I've actually put a little dab of perfume on a cotton ball and then tossed it inside my pillowcase. I've never stained my pillowcase doing that.

I have cream/white cotton pillow cases and quite frankly I am not that concerned if I stain them, but so far I don't think I have and I do this at least twice a week. I use the roll-on bottles and draw a big *S* across the pillow. You can see the S while it is wet, but then it disappears. I haven't noticed any permanent stains....but again, I'm not that eagle-eyed about them anyway. There's no artificial colors in the perfumes, so no color stains.

I don't think you'll build up a tolerance to them only using on occasion...and also using different formulas as Beccah suggested, that's a good idea...even if it's just change of fragrance but the same phero. Keeping the experience fresh in one way or another should be helpful.

So I sprayed a couple spritzes of my Tranquility sample and went to get ready for bed, came back and before i even reached the bed I smelled cops! I think I must have sprayed one of my other samples by mistake :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I went back to my closet, unscrewd the lid to TP and smelled nothing.... All I can figure (since all the labels look alike unless you READ them) is that I grabbed whatever was next to TP.

Oh well, I put the pillowcase in the wash and tried again with another pillow. Will report tomorrow.