Ambuscade with Hunter Trapper

This doesn't exactly remind me of Sorcerer, but it does remind me of something, wish I could remember! Well, it kinda does in that the sage gives it an interesting little olfactory twist, as it were. Maybe Boddice Ripper, a little? But this one is also very masculine and sophisticated - a little earthy, a little green - so the kind of scent you wear to the client meetings and fancy dinners and so forth. Quince backed away from it saying it was too posh for him but I think even if you wouldn't normally wear this kind of scent it would be appropriate for those occasions in which you are looking to seduce...and that could apply to anyone or any situation. It's not overtly sexual but it has that aura of competence which can be sexual in the right circumstance.

Edited by luna65

Yeah, I was reading the original books in French (kidding, English) and they used that word like 500 times, and I thought it was a kinda cool word...already being used in English for the perfume Ambush. The label was one of the original cover sketches. I thought the font looked like it could have been scratched with a skinny French sword. (LOVED the first two books, btw. Still working on the third.)

The scent itself was requested by HMMB's husband. Said he wanted a patchouli/musk. Wanted something like his fave, Sorcerer, but darker. Snoopyace also wanted a Sorcerer variant so I went with the manly patchouli/musk idea.

I've got this scent in an oil base. I'd love to write a review but *boohoo* I've got this cold that rendered my ability to smell to about 20%.... :cry: Hopefully I'll be able to smell again properly so I can test and wear this.

From the smelling when I first got it I liked the muskiness of it so I think I really like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah. I like this one. It doesn't remind me of Sorcerer other than that the scent seems to project a feeling of powerful masculinity like Sorcerer did. I can smell a bit of lavender in it but it isn't nearly as strong as in UN. Very nice. As soon as I can afford to I am getting a full bottle of this unphero'd (hopefully it will still be available.)

I can't speak to the phero blend yet as I haven't been out and about but I don't seem to be feeling any effects from it personally. (Had enough experience to know when I'm feeling phero effects) but I am going to lunch with a friend later and will see how this goes with her.

• 2 weeks later...

This review is waaaay overdue, sorry. My friend was very deferential in a polite way, almost like she saw me as being more of an authority yet at the same time, she kept steering the conversation to more personal subjects. I did ask her what she thought of the scent and she did really like it as well. The phero blend really made her more open conversationally to want to talk about things that were on her mind. Totally out of character for her. Seemed to be a very nice combination of pheros and scent that works well together.

• 7 months later...

I think a woman could potentially wear anything, but the thing about this is that the pheromone mix could possibly give you a headache, depending on how you react to those components up close for an extended period of time. I think the chances of any woman throwing herself at another woman wearing a male phero blend aren't as high as people might think. It's not like pheromones make one disregard all their social programming, as it were. But it's a rather masculine scent, that's the other thing. Some women appreciate masculine scents but don't necessarily enjoy wearing them. I do, but my taste is kind of narrow when it comes to male fragrance.

• 4 months later...

I got this one during the sale.... I like it for bedtime

Oh yeah DD2, it would be a fantastic bedtime scent!

That is interesting. I have a sampler coming my way.

• 4 weeks later...

Ingredients:

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.

This is another traditional masculine scent. The base is a nice mixture of the patchouli, sandalwood and musk. The amber and the and the sage provide an interesting top note that keeps this scent from becoming just another patchouli/sandalwood type scent.

Ambuscade also has the Hunter Trapper pheromone mix. This mix ups the wearer's sexy quotient while adding in some beta-androstenol which helps create feelings of connection. Beta-androstenal can be very interesting - people feel very connected you and often tell you things that you would not imagine them saying.

The combination of the the scent and the pheromones give the impression of a solid, dependable and sexy guy. The kind of man that women who are looking a strong man to settle down with are looking for. Or the kind of guy whose wife is happy to be married to.

Edited by quietguy

• 3 weeks later...

I am wearing Ambuscade today and had to run by the grocery store for some "need it now" stuff - milk, stuff like that. One of the usual cashiers is there - an attractive black lady in her early 40s. We always talk a little whenever she rings my stuff up and we are doing so today. She is the type to call you honey, sugar, etc.

While she is ringing up my stuff and we are talking, the deli people bring up 3-4 loaves of fresh baked bread and put them on the counter at the front of the cashier's converyor belt. I guess having them right there and the smell of the fresh baked bread gets them sold pretty quick. The deli worker asks my cashier to announce the bread is there. So my cashier grabs her microphone and announces "There is a hot Italian fresh out of the bakery at the check-out counter. stutter stutter I mean hot Italian bread frssh out of the bakery." She just kind of looked down at the few remaining items she was ringing up. I never realized how cute that cashier is when she blushes.

I figured she must have been talking about the old guy behind me as I am not really Italian and the only time Mrs. QG calls me handsome is when she is drunk and in the mood. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Though they have only a few ingredients in common, on me today this seemed reminiscent of "Jack" . During the business part of the day, it and H/T certainly seemed to have been helpful in interacting with folks down at City Hall today, both behind the desk and in-line, which certainly didn't hurt

• 1 year later...

Was wearing Ambuscade from a sniffee I'd received during my last order. Put it on and thought, 'Oh hey. This smells really nice!' Definitely a daytime appropriate scent with a sexy edge. Went out wearing this today and had a meeting with an attorney (dealing with removing a stalker from our lives) and she seemed to really be affected by the Hunter Trapper blend. I know its a favorite of mine. Seems to give a sense of connection even as it is sending the sexy man vibe. Been a fun day!

Edit- I wanted to add how my wife reacted to this scent. I've had it on all day and it is is still smelling very good. I came home from my running and leaned in for a hello kiss. My wife has been under an intense amount of stress lately and was sick today. As soon as I got close she closed her eyes and instead of a quick peck on the lips, I got a full on passionate kiss and an, 'I love you.' For the last while she has been finding excuses to come near me and rub my back or shoulders or hold my hand for a second. She also commented on how much she liked my scent today. In a while we plan to snuggle in and watch a movie. Did I mention that the Hunter Trapper blend really seems to work well for me? :-D

Edited by Snoopyace

• 4 weeks later...

I really love ambuscade. It is such a soft, clean lavender musk. My man travels a lot for work so I often wear male pheromones to bed and this is one of my favorites. I pair it with lavender or vanilla soap and occasionally pickarts lavender musk or body shop patchouli. It is very calming and peaceful.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I really like this scent on my man. I wasn't too sure at first, when he first put it on, I smelled something that concerned me a bit, I'm guessing it was the sage? It was something bright-ish, I'm not sure what it was, I seem to call everything I'm not sure about on him "green." We have a rule that you can't sniff anything on the other before the 10 minute mark (that we both completely ignore.) So wet, it smelled like something that could've gone either way, but now it's truely beautiful. Smooth, comforting, intriguing and masculine. Thanks to Mara for being a genius and to QG for being so good at sharing!

• 2 years later...

It seems I’ve already reviewed Ambuscade, but here I am again! I have the same reaction every time when it’s fresh on him, “it’s okay.” Then, a few hours later, “umm, you smell good, what did you just put on?” It’s a good “sneak up on you” snuggle scent.