Frosted

luna65

This is just some preliminary impressions...I love gingerbread scents and so was very excited for this one. My description was informed by a desire to write something as a companion for the gingerbread man of North Pole, thus sexy gingerbread girl. One of my suggestions for the name was "Frosted Flirt" although I concede it's more evocative in truncated form, heh (this is one of the many reasons why Mara is TEH SUPAH GENIUS, you see).

In the mini spray bottle (after you make sure to shake well), it's creamy-spicy-yummy. I always amp spices (because I am Spice Girl #6, All Spice) and so that's what it is on my skin but not overwhelming, just a nice balance of those notes. But sadly for now I don't get any of the frosting part.

:cry:

Anyone who does, I curse you! (Just kidding...mostly.)

Those who do love the spicy scents, this is definitely one of the best and true to that evocation.

Edited by luna65

Single spray, I swear I just got vanilla. 2-3 sprays NOW I'm getting the gingerbread and spices, nom! This is somehow LESS of a spicefest projection on my skin... usually (like Luna) I'm all about projecting the spice. Gentler G&L?

Yeah I'd say so, depending on one's chemistry. Plus you HAVE to shake it up because of the vanilla bean paste. But in the final drydown I get a faint aura of vanilla mingling with the spices so I guess I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be. But still, I'd really love the frosting in Frosted to be in my face (olfactorily speaking, that is).

Edited by luna65

I got a trial of this because I loved North Pole. I get a lot of spices, but underneath that it smells just like bread. Not gingerbread, just bread. This might be too foody. Maybe it just needs to age a little. I can smell the frosting too, like off to the side of the bread and spices. It's like all of the elements are separate right now and they need to meld together.

Edited by bruiseviolet

I get a yummy spiced vanilla,I had this on earlier,before I tried Lala Gulaba,which is taking over now,but in a good way :lol: I kept getting delightful little whiffs,hmmm,Iced Gingerbread,like in the original test melts maybe ? ... Ya know,I think this would be great for spritzing over...Lumina! :hearts09793:

Omg this is so yummy! It smells like fresh baked ginger bread houses with yummy frosting! I get a gingery vanilla frosted cloud of YUM!

OOh I wonder what this would be like with Beth's Milk! I would probably be climbing the walls with my vagina. This is kinda a sexy gourmmando commando scent. You know those foodie ones like Comp Positions that make you want to take off your clothes and pose seductively on a chaise wearing ' this and only this' while Leo Decap sketches your picture? This is one of them!

a quick test of this, I get the ginger(bread), then the frosting, not sure yet about this one

Really? You're the gingerbread queen!

HAH ! you just gave me an idea, I can make gingerbread men.....wait for it.....wrapped in DUCTTAPE !!!!

but in all fairness, Frosted def needs a decent test, right now I'm in a cloud of LP Winter Varient 2011/Lumina

HAH ! you just gave me an idea, I can make gingerbread men.....wait for it.....wrapped in DUCTTAPE !!!!

but in all fairness, Frosted def needs a decent test, right now I'm in a cloud of LP Winter Varient 2011/Lumina

Ha ha ha. Classic Lizzie!

Liz,make sure you shake it really well :) ...I did not get much till the third time I tried it,it keeps getting stronger and stronger...seriously now it has the same-ish vibe now as Your Cookies,lighter tho :w00t: ...hmmm,maybe I just have your Cookies left over from yesterday in my senses :lol:

Yeah you definitely have to shake it like a mofo; it was a little more "evolved" this time for me, and still incredibly soft for a spice-based fragrance.

Holy crap.

This is an exact dupe of Dunkin' Donuts' vanilla chai.

::pauses to stop hyperventilating::

In all seriousness, on me Frosted smells exactly like my beloved DD vanilla chai. The warm spices are definitely present but not overpowering, and infused into clouds of fluffy vanilla cream cheese frosting. Now I know DD's vanilla chai definitely doesn't have cream cheese frosting in it but it has that rich spiced vanilla flavor (even though it's made with skim milk!) that verges on the taste of frosting without actaully being frosting, and that positively droolworthy smell...wear this, hit up your local DD and get the vanilla chai. You'll see what I mean, and how.

Edited by Invidiana

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it out today. So this is another one that I would swear had pheromones in it! I do like the spicy vanilla of this one & my 5 yr.old was extra lovey dovey with me. So this one is on my never ending full bottle list :)

This one is my fave from the Christmas releases along with Blushing Embers and maybe G&L...

I get a mildly spiced vanilla at first and when the ginger comes through its amazing! I don't know why but the ginger seems to add a fresh dimension to it, as if some green note were present....Frosted its not just another vanilla scented fragrance, I think it projects really well, and on me it lasts like forever....This one is perfect to cover Cops...

I do get a similar creamy-vanilla vibe with Compromising Positions, however I do think Frosted is suitable for fall or winter, I know foodies are for all year round use, but this one does feel very Christmasy..

Another one that goes directly to my Most Wanted LPs Full Bottle list...

Based on the awesome reviews I'm so glad I ordered a bottle of this unsniffed. I haven't gotten a CnS yet though but maybe it got lost in shuffle with all the computer problems Mara had.

I know foodies are for all year round use, but this one does feel very Christmasy..

I imagine because it's a gingerbread fragrance it definitely has that evocation.

• 4 months later...

I just tested this a few hours ago..Frosted smells creamy at first then I get the most delicious sweet spices! I need this in my next order..even though its summer,Im still going to wear it!

I love gourmand scents,Just so comforting.I bet this would blend well with heart strings!

I have a bottle of heartstrings coming and I cant wait to wear them both together.

Edited to say..the next day..Im wearing this again..It is beyond delicious! I cant get over how good this is!!! .Im gonna stock up!

Edited by tanya27

• 3 months later...

I'm on my second bottle of this! There is something so buttery and delicious about this, that it's a struggle to not eat it.

I love how heavy and thick this smells, almost like I am baking a vanilla bean cupcake on my body. I'm pretty surprised it's not a GGG yet.

• 6 months later...

Alas, I broke my trial vial of this one last night, losing most of its contents onto my bed and carpet :( But they do smell yummy! It is a very cool and sweet smell, with a delicious nomminess to it. I've been waiting for winter to really try this out, as I think I would really appreciate the spices and gingerbread then, and they are well tempered out by the sweet frosting element. I didn't get a lot of vanilla from it, but perhaps that was because I wasn't smelling it on skin too much - whatever vanilla I did get didn't seem to be the sickening kind that usually puts me off, so that's a good thing!

I just got a sniffie of this with an order ...smells like the same Frosted in the spray :huh: actually even better than I remember :) will check mine when I am not spritzed up in Captivation Equation.

DUH I think I added SS4W to my spray sample,and I think I wanted more :lol: