Xuehua Xing

bruiseviolet

This smelled just like another LP to me, but I couldn't think of the name so I looked through the perfumerie archive. Now I remember, this is just like Egg 2011! No, wait. I shook up my vial and tried some more. Now I get the icy peppermint. This is like the winter version of Egg 2011. Instead of being all soft and sweet, there's a little bit of kick from the mint.

This doesn't remind me of EGG so much as Lady Frost - not that they smell so much alike - they have a similar quality. It's that bright happy note in the center of fluffiness. The white amber and marshmallow blend so perfectly, and the tea is more of a quality to me, it's clean and clear, and then the vanilla musk and powdered sugar are smooth underneath. The peppermint is really softened by all the other ingredients, it doesn't pinch your nose. I love this, it's soft and sweet and yet also upbeat, the kind of scent you could wear anytime and also wear it year-round; I definitely need a bottle!

Edited by luna65

This is an unusual scent. I can't get a handle on it. The very first note from the vial was rose (I know, I know! roses are not listed in the description!) Not a heavy old-lady kind of rose, but sticking your nose right in a freshly opened rose with dew still on the petals. When I sniffed it again from the vial several minutes later, the fresh rose had morphed into a greener note of some kind.

Only on drydown am I picking up the mint.

I like it even though I don't understand it yet!

I get a lot of amber and a snowy cold type of smell. I think the name matches the overall scent to a T! It's cool, crisp and biting, kinda like snowflakes when they fall on your face. It's a very alert type of scent. Made me very alert but not in a bad way.

It's not something I would wear all the time, but probably something I would wear for stamina or energy. It's got a definite ZING to it. :xmas30:

Yes, this one is like a "lite" version of LP Silver to me... I love it, but I'm not sure that I need a bottle, since I have a bottle of LP Silver. Although it's tempting to get a bottle boosted with Lace... hmmm

• 2 weeks later...

This is a light and bright tea scent on me, the mint is very refreshing. As it develops, I do smell the similarity to Lady Frost, which is one of my favorites.

Edited by perfumesniffer

Yes, this one is like a "lite" version of LP Silver to me... I love it, but I'm not sure that I need a bottle, since I have a bottle of LP Silver. Although it's tempting to get a bottle boosted with Lace... hmmm

Go for it :666:

This is like LP Silver's mischievous little sister to me. Still classy, maybe not quite so elegant. Flirtier, more innocent (no patch). This is great for everyday. I also find that I like the minty scents in the 100 degree summers here in MO.

i have yet to try out lp silver but xuehua xing has been awesome to wear and makes me crave peppermint. wet, xx is cool and icy. the sweet and syrupy peppermint, still holds a calm quality because of the white tea i think. the peppermint is clean instead of spicy. dry, xx is phenomenal. the marshmallow fluff and powdered sugar softens xx. it feels freshly fallen snow, sparkling in the daylight, and daring you to jump in it. it's fresh powder that snowboarders and skiers crave. lastly, the white musk brings it together, slightly head-spinning and seductive.

This reminds me a lot of Erin's Crystallized Sugar Web, so if you missed out on that one, don't let this go! This is a sweet and ethereal scent with lots of fluffy vanilla (the "fluffy" aspect must be from the marshmallow note) and sparkling white sugar. The mint here isn't the bracing type but soft and subtly refreshing. The white amber provides a grounding base for it all that seamlessly blends in with the other "white" elements. For something inspired by snowflakes it has serious staying power--and when I say that I mean I put this on at 8 am and it was still going pretty strong when I went to bed 13 hours later!

Edited by Invidiana

I don 't know why but this potion smells very floral to me...There are no floral notes, but that's what I get from it...A white, sheer floral....actually a SNOWY FLORAL.....to me it feels perfect for spring...

I must say I also detect a rose note like Xev described, a white rose....It has a similarity to Estee Lauder's Pleasures, its a very pretty light floral...

It doesn't last at all on me, but it does have a nice projection while it lasts

Updated review....

I re-tested and it is lasting way longer this time...I also layered it with Ghostbumps, 'cause I thought some high quality Egyptian Musk would add an elegant aura to it...and it does!

Edited by Gabylicious

• 11 months later...

I like a lot of the notes. I'm not sure how I feel about the mint being so much at the forefront, but even the mint is a good smell-- reminds me of several Burt's Bees products that I really like, since they use a lot of peppermint.

It's the type of perfume that makes me really curious about the other notes and smelling them with less mint, or no mint-- I really like the other notes a lot that I could see getting them in other perfumes. I have yet to try it out though because I already put 'Twas the Night on one wrist, sugar plum fae on my other wrist, and I'm trying out a little Teddy Man 2 on my neck and chest

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot figure out the notes to this other than it must have a hint of mint. The scent is gorgeous, it's very wintery, like a crisp outdoor winter. Very crisp, white, light airy scent. Makes me think of a pristine snow covered walk through the park. I only got a small free sniffie but I am quite tempted.

This is gorgeous! I cannot believe I have never smelled it before. Quite a morpher too. I love the mint and how sweet it is. Glad i got a sniffee of this. I may need a bottle if it wears this well all the way through.

I'm going to have to dig for my sniffee. This one I think had the white musk in it that gave me a bit of that 3rd eye rape thing.

I'm going to have to dig for my sniffee. This one I think had the white musk in it that gave me a bit of that 3rd eye rape thing.

after the long dry down, I don't love it anymore. All the parts i love faded and I am left with a, crunchy snowfruit thing. Still pretty, just not me.

Okay so I took out my sniffee and I dabbed some on my wrist. Wow this is far sweeter than I remember. It smells like sugared crystals! Very nice and sugary, after it starts to burn off I get some tea and mint- still very nice, but then in the background I can smell something fuzzy or sharp. I can't put my finger on what it is, other than it reminds me of puberty for some reason. I do like how it starts though. Very sweet and girly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tested this recently. I didn't find this scent very pleasant in the bottle. I got the peppermint mixed in with something green when I sniffed the bottle. Thank goodness that it did mellow out into something nice on my skin. I would describe this as being very crisp. As time went on it seemed like the the coolness/crispness was still there, but something musky/deep emerged. It turned out to be a much more pleasant scent than I thought it would be. About 7 hours later it all morphed into a sweet smelling baby powder. I asked a few people what the fragrance smelled like to them on my skin and they all said- baby powder. I could see this as an office scent because its so light.

I'm trying out something new and using the non-phero sniffies and samples I have as deodorant since lately I've found essential oils as a deodorant to be efficient and good smelling. Xehua Xing is one that I've tried two or three times in this application. Fresh out of the shower, towel dry, then put a few drops from my sniffie into the palm of my hand, then slather in my armpit. I've worn this at home and had it last 12+ hours, and I really liked how my body smell combined with this so in the morning I actually really enjoyed sniffing my underarms :)

I also wore it a few nights ago when I was going out and planning on working up a sweat. I think it worked 4+ hours. Maybe it was still working but I had a little deodorant in my purse and just decided to put some on for the heck of it, not because I thought I was stinky enough for it to emanate away from my body.

I like this one enough that I'm considering buying a bottle. I like it as a perfume and as a deodorant. I've never tried LP Silver. But I've noticed that I like anything with powdered sugar and/or marshmallow in it, and white amber in other perfumes so far has been a win for me, so if you notice your favorites have one or more of these, then I would say you probably won't miss getting this bottle.

That's an awesome suggestion. I have experimented with going deodorant free bc of the aluminum and other chemicals. Cool idea.

I'm trying out something new and using the non-phero sniffies and samples I have as deodorant since lately I've found essential oils as a deodorant to be efficient and good smelling.