Ghost of Christmas Past -For men and women

katz

AD-XmasPast-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd43ada

Ghost of Christmas Past

The olfactory reminiscence of all the Christmases past: verdant aspects of poinsettia, mistletoe, and spruce with a touch of vetiver, the sylvan secrets of walnut, tree bark and pine sap, with a haunting emanation of freshly-turned earth, resins and dry vanilla...and just a faint impression of the charred remains of a once-festive fire. A unisex holiday blend: wintery green with a ghostly earthiness which will appeal to those who prefer their holidays just the slightest bit spooky...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
POINSETTIA ~ Happiness, good cheer, success, good wishes, celebration, mirth.
MISTLETOE ~ Protection, love, fertility, health, exorcism.
PINE SAP ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
SPRUCE ~ Protection against enemies.
WALNUT ~ Leaves promote fertility, carry nuts to delay pregnancy. Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal
, consecration, concealment and celebration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is a bit too sharp on me, at least in this stage of it's aging... there's a note in here I'm NOT liking on my skin unfortunately. It is, overall a unisex scent, and I'd like to sniff it on another's skin to see what it's really all about!

I can see Quince and I fighting over this one, because we're both fans of Sugared Forest; that's not to say it's derivative of the other but they have a similar quality. Nicely deeply green and brisk without being sharp, with a smooth warm base of the darker notes. A classic wonderful combination, IMO. Surprisingly in a way, for me, because I think this is the first fragrance with traditional Xmas greenery (mistletoe and poinsettia) that I've actually enjoyed wearing.

Ok, this one started out really nice on me...it does start with a very defined earthy quality..this first stage reminds me of a fresh Christmas pine tree brought home, when the pine is still fresh and the wood is still kind of wet and it has some wet soil scent too...The wet soil scent note reminded me a bit of Rabid, but it has a green aspect from the pine and the mistletoe..It does remind one of a humid forest...

I enjoy the initial phase of this potion very much...but then for some reason the earthiness fades and all that is left is pine, and only that note emerges becoming drier and sharp...I was so sad, 'cause I thought at first it smelled so good on me, but it didn't evolve appropriately on my skin and ended up smelling like a pinalen cleaner...I have to re-test this one, and I really want my skin to like it from start to finish not just at the beginning..

But I do have to say, my cousin tested it too and it was so classy and fresh on her, totally different than on me...so I guess this one might need re-testing and the appropiate time of the month for your skin's chemistry to work out favorably...

We did an xmas shopping party yesterday. Just a small local one, no time to invite anyone. We brought mostly jewelry and only 10 perfumes (all holiday scents). A little 5 year old boy was most intrigued and wanted to try everything. He chose this one as his favorite (and smudged himself all over his arms). Why? "Because it smells like Daddy!"

We did an xmas shopping party yesterday. Just a small local one, no time to invite anyone. We brought mostly jewelry and only 10 perfumes (all holiday scents). A little 5 year old boy was most intrigued and wanted to try everything. He chose this one as his favorite (and smudged himself all over his arms). Why? "Because it smells like Daddy!"

How adorable! My (soon to be) 5 yr.old LOVES my perfume cabinet. He always wants to carry around the LP rollers, unscrew them himself & apply them himself. He looks cute when he holds the roller extra carefully up to his nose to sniff. He doesn't discriminate between male & female scents yet, if it smells good he wants it. I have to swipe some Ghosts of Christmas Past on SO today. I handed him the vial a week prior, but getting him to apply oils on his own is like asking a cat to put it's own sweater on....

• 9 months later...

When I got this last year...or was it January?...anyway, I liked it on myself *and* on Mr. Matt. I wore it a few times during the cold part of the year, and it was dark and mysterious and nice. I was digging around in Matt's and my sample vials today, and tried some on again. Well, *now* it felt too dark and earthy to me. This totally perplexed me, because I LIKE dark and earthy! I think I'm amping the smokiness more than I used to. Poopie! I'm going to have to try it on Mr. Matt again and see if it's still good on him.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

This started as earthy, smokey and green like Christmas and I thought it was too masculine for me. It got sweeter after dry down and I can see why this is a unisex scent. I think this will smell wonderful on a man.