Ares for Men

Jones

Ares for Men is a scent that transports me to the Library, or the Billiard room of a private Gentleman's Club.

Ares was my first scent from LPMP. I wanted something "low risk" that I could easily give away if it turned out to be doubleplus ungood on my skin.

I was pleasantly surprised! In my 44 years, I have never before reviewed a scent (save perhaps for the variations between brands of smokeless powder). However, when I sprayed Ares on my forearm, the first thing I noticed was faint musk and leather (yes, I know it's not in the Ares for Men info page, but that's what I smell).

Once the carrier dissipated, I began to smell an indescribable something that is quite pleasant. It's green, but very faint (which is a good thing, as I swore off smelling like a shrub when I left the service years ago). There is also something that makes me think of Amber, with an ephemeral shadow of saddle soap (that's probably not the correct term, but my scent vocabulary is quite limited at present)

Shortly after that, I began to smell something that was vaguely reminiscent of a tailor's shop. When I was on a trip to the far east some years ago, I got a fantastic deal on some bespoke suits. During my fittings, I noticed that the wools and silks on the cutting table had a pleasant scent that permeated everything... much later (about an hour), I caught this scent (or something very close to it) in Ares.

I have an unrefined nose, but if I close my eyes and 'listen' carefully, I can just barely make out a hint of something citrusy in the background.

About 15 minutes after application, my wife walked into my office and said "it smells like hairspray in here." I told her I'd gotten a new cologne, and was trying it out. She inhaled deeply of my wrist, and said "it smells like my grandmother's linen closet." Having met her grandmother, and knowing how close they are, I understand that remark in its context (it's a good thing).

For me, Ares is a keeper, and will be great for situations in which I need to project maturity and personal power (think "meeting with the board of directors," "asking for a really big loan," etc). Or... when I'm on a long drive by myself. I imagine it will mix very well with True Alpha, or A314.

This is a favorite (in oil form) of my Quince as well, he says it smells "appropriately masculine." I like it as well; it's mostly leather to my nose with some fresher undertones. It has nice staying power, I think, in that it doesn't seem to morph too much over the course of wear.

• 4 months later...

Decided to get another bottle of this on a whim to try. It was one of my first LP purchases but I didn't like it back then so I am not sure what possessed me to buy it again. Glad I did. I really like this scent now. I guess I just wasn't man enough to handle it before. As Luna wrote, it really doesn't morph very much but that is a good thing. It started out all leather on me but over the course of the day it has evolved into a hint of leather with something fresh that is difficult to describe. I like it though. Smells very good to my nose but my GF will be the big deciding factor. She can be picky about scents and if she doesn't complain, I know I have a winner. Sounds odd but if she doesn't say anything, I know I'm alright. Hope she likes this one because I do. It is VERY masculine.

Edited by Snoopyace

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! No complaints and she nuzzled into my neck. Yay! :Emoticons10311:

• 1 year later...

This one was one of my favorites from the sampler pack. It really is unique especially compared to all the other florals that are available.

It smells floral but the leather and musk adds an earthy tone to this and it has a really unique and refreshing smell. The area by my wrists amped up some of the earthy notes and leather but other parts of my skin amp the sweeter notes that available. I think this is one of the manliest smelling LP's.

The name is super appropriate for this LP because its reminds me of a floral field with musk and leather to give it that manly touch. This smells like men fighting in the field which what Ares is known for.

• 1 month later...

This is 100% MAN! theres no way i can get away with wearing this haha

And loki, you did an excellent description to what i was imagining

I dont feel the need to add anything, it was all leather first on and then its a sweet leather, incredibly soothing smell to me.

The name is super appropriate for this LP because its reminds me of a floral field with musk and leather to give it that manly touch. This smells like men fighting in the field which what Ares is known for.

• 1 year later...
Guest cutie.pie

I got a sniffie some time ago, so I decide to give it try...

On my skin this is very earthy & green.