Hello, New to Love Potions.

Cman888

Hello,

I really enjoy the idea of using essential oils instead of colognes. I am a guy and i am drawn to essential oils.

I have no clue as to where to begin. The essential oils i have that i find delicious are: Red Amber, musk, sandalwood, lotus.

So, I am only 25 so what do the love potion doctors recommened. I am confused as to what perfumes are for men and women. I am simple, need help . So many options. :surprised:

The products that have caught my eye from reading the forums and reviews are: Love Potion: Homme, Love Potion: Dark( not sure if its for men), North Pole,. Voracious, Teddy Man II,

I like the passion/lust/love perfumes, also something that is relaxed. I am into tantra, the spiritual, sensual aspects of creation, i meditate daily. I am seeking a Alpha + relaxed scent.

please help, hahaha.

Also, Do the perfumes act as cover scents for unscented pheromones?

Thanks for your time,

Hiya Cman! :thbf54f4bf: Red amber and many kinds of sandalwoods and musks are high up on my list as well, though the scents with those components that I like tend to be on the sweeter side. One that I always recommend for guys is Bodice Ripper, which does have sandalwood and amber (though it's not red amber). I've only tried it on myself, though, not any male specimens (yet...I have one in mind ;) ) so I'm just going by how it came out on me. Pashazade is supposed to be a really sensual men's blend with musk, amber and spices plus the sexual-social Heartthrob phero....Ambuscade has musk, amber and sandalwood with the alpha-male Hunter Trapper phero....I think LP Black could pass for unisex depending on what your skin does to it; I'm not much use here since I tend to amp the sweetness in just about everything, good for me personally but not everyone; try a sample and if you amp elements that you like, go for it!

Hi 888:

If you go back to the home page, click on "gift shoppe" and then click on "for men" you will find all the men's and unisex scents together in one place. Some are already pheromone enhanced.

Or, from the home page, click on "perfumerie" and you can filter a search by "men" and also by the fragrance notes you are interested in (woodsy, resinous, etc).

The perfumes can be ordered in an oil base, an alcohol base, or (on the beta testing page) a 60/40 alcohol/oil blend.

The unscented pheros can be ordered in the same bases, plus an additional option of a silcone base.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about the men's scents will help you out here with regard to specific pheromone cover suggestions.

Hi Cman888! Sounds like LP: Red would be your cup of tea for passion :):):) Teddy man is pretty relaxing :):):) I will leave the advice to more experienced LPers! :D

WELCOME TO LP COMMUNITY!!!! :D:D:D :aola:

Love love love NorthPole for Men....awesome choice!

2 Friends of mine tried and bought Ruisseau and Pashazade (which he said he got twice out of fear it wouldnt be there when he ran out,lol).

Welcome!

My advice here is to do a sampler.

Everytime I think I know my likes and dislikes, something that I thought I didnt like smells GREAT on me when combined with other things.

SAMPLE! ;)

Welcome to LP Cman888!

Definitely follow Lor's advice, a sampler will also allow you to test other scent notes you haven't considered yet...

I think it's great you like fragrances in oil form, I wish more guys would really consider them as an option rather than sprays...

Have a great time here with us!

Welcome, I can't really advise anything better than anybody else already has, but I will third Pashade & throw in Super for men. I find it to be nose crack ;)

LP Black is definitely unisex, and very deep and resinous. The perfume scents can cover pheros or be enjoyed on their own. They can also be ordered with pheros to your specification.

Edited by perfumesniffer

Welcome from a fellow newbie. I think you'll find this forum very useful in helping make orders. I really spent some time reading before I made my ordering choices. I think it really helped me choose which pheros and fregrances were right for me. Have fun!

Well Hello,

Thank you for the welcome and the responses.

I guess a sampler it is. So many choices.

Does the sampler include just the mens perfumes or do they also include Phermones. can i get half and half???

I am looking forward to experiencing the gloriousness of oiled infused perfumes :D

thanks,

The description text for the Men's Sampler:

TEN large Trial Vials, including our current hottest selling Aphrodisiacs and Pheromone Enhanced Fragrances for Men. Choose your own or let us pick them for you! (Pick a couple of extra in case we don't have the ones you want.)

However, that's the pheromone-enhanced fragrances, not the unscented pheromone blends. They are not currently available in sample size.

Yeah, I just found that part of the site.. haha.

I made a sampler order. Im pretty sure they all Perfumes and a few phero enhanced, no phero only blends. I just made the order and i am thinking i should of included only Perfumes without the pheros. But i think its pretty even. we will see how it goes.

Thanks,

Hi!

I'm here for the essential oils too.

Sample pack is a no brainer. Hope you find many favorites right off the bat!

Also, do spend some time reading the reviews here on the board. They can be extremely helpful when deciding. If we use jargon you are unfamiliar with, don't hesitate to ask.

Have fun!

Maybe I am misreading Cman888's and Isa's posts? But it sounds like there is some confusion about what an essential oil is (if not please pardon my explanation.)

Essential oils are mixtures of all the volatile compounds that can be extracted from one particular plant species. To be an essential oil, the oil must not have anything else added to it. But essential oils by themselves don't make great perfumes, because they generally don't last very long without being blended with base notes. Also, many essential oils are caustic and irritating to the skin, so they can't be used without dilution.

LPMP's potions are perfumes, not essential oils. Some essential oils are used as perfume ingredients, along with other natural and synthetic perfume compounds, and whatever solvent its in (DPG, silicone, or alcohol).

Thanks for that, xev.

Artisan fragrance is primarily oil-based, with no fixatives, so the scents are dynamic evolving experiences; akin to a bottle of wine: just as the wine you drink when you first open the bottle is not the same wine you drink an hour later, the scent you first apply is generally not the same scent after several hours drydown, subject to various factors but primarily your own skin chemistry.

That is the pleasure of artisan fragrance: a unique alternative to commerical-based scents.

Thanks for the responses and welcomes.

Yes, thank you xev.

I only refer to them as essential oils bcause my on exposure to these types of scents have been through essential oils. Saying you where perfumes as a man can maybe seem, demasculinizing . :P

Artisan fragrance, i like that. So these fragrances reveal different scents overtime? wow. That makes "scents"

Do these perfumes have a strong scent, say 1 spray vs. 2 spray? <----- obviously they do, but is there a major difference between 1 and 2 sprays?

or if its in a vial, 1 finger dab vs 2 finger dabs??

more questions.

So, my guess is that if i purchase a enhanced perfumes w/ pheromones, the amount of pheros is less than an unscented phero product, to potentially cover the pheros?.

If i purchase, say a strong uncented pheromones product, are the perfumes strong enough to be considered coverscents?

Thanks for responses,

lovexlight

Edited by Cman888

That's why most guys say they wear fragrances instead. Men's fragrance is a multi-million-dollar industry, so I think there's less of a stigma attached it to these days.

The answers to your questions can be found by reading the forum, primarily in the pheromone arena subforum.

Edited by luna65

Welcome, Cman!

The phero enhanced fragrances for men are scented enough to act as phero+cover...ready to wear, nothing else to do!

The ones that we sell for $29.95 per bottle (oil version) contain 333 mcg of pheros per bottle.

If you order a full dose of pheromones added to a scent of your choice, you get 1,000 mcgs of pheros per bottle and the price is $54.95 (again, oil version).

The unscented pheros are also 1,000 mcg standard - which is what we consider 1x - and sell for $39.95 per bottle, unscented.

Different scents can be a little stronger than others, depending upon what they are made from, but for most of us, we apply thus: Roll a stripe from belly button to chest, smoosh it around with your wrists, rub damp wrists on the back of the neck or add another little stripe there. The trial vials I would say have around 5 applications in them, if that helps you to see how much to apply. That will be several finger dabs. For sprays...probably around 2 to 4, depending on intensity of fragrance. One to chest, one to back of neck is usually enough.

Please feel free to call us at the studio during biz hours if you need help getting through the looooooong list of available scents. I can probably help you more quickly over the phone. We're here from 11-6 during the weekdays, California time.

818-508-6525

Hey thanks for the response,

I will try the samples and if i have any more questions, i know where to come.

Very informative, thank you.

Also, do these fragrances have a big "throw", does the room ignite in a scent furry when you walk in the room? i think i have heard it called "range"

Oils do not have as much throw as alcohol. But you can get any of the bottles in alcohol if that's your desire. Oils kind of draw people closer to get a good whiff of you. I am quite satisfied with the amount of throw I get from the oils. People will smell you, just not from 20 feet away.

Edited by halo0073

Oils do not have as much throw as alcohol. But you can get any of the bottles in alcohol if that's your desire. Oils kind of draw people closer to get a good whiff of you. I am quite satisfied with the amount of throw I get from the oils. People will smell you, just not from 20 feet away.

:yeahthat:

I find that as I wear them on the hottest parts of my body, namely chest and back of neck, that people as far as 4-6 feet away will be able to catch a whiff as you move. Oils don't create as wide a dispursed cloud of scent as a spray will, but I do like oils better - they have an intensity, a natural-ish diffusion along with your body heat, and they act as a lure to get people to come closer to you so that they can smell you more.

One day a couple of us here went out for a quick meal at a local restaurant, and I was wearing LP RED, sweat clothes, and no makeup. A couple came over to our table, and said they had to ask what kind of perfume I was wearing. I replied, "Oh PLEASE don't tell me you could smell me from 4 tables away". And they said no, they caught a whiff of me as we passed by being seated at to our table, and they felt compelled to follow me. The wife said she wanted to buy some, and the husband said he wanted to buy some for her - and waggled his eyebrows at me. LOL. I've had a ton of experiences like that, where the scent of the oils was the lure to get people to move closer to me. It's not the same kind of response one gets when wearing commercial sprays, for sure.

Thanks for that, xev.

Artisan fragrance is primarily oil-based, with no fixatives, so the scents are dynamic evolving experiences; akin to a bottle of wine: just as the wine you drink when you first open the bottle is not the same wine you drink an hour later, the scent you first apply is generally not the same scent after several hours drydown, subject to various factors but primarily your own skin chemistry.

That is the pleasure of artisan fragrance: a unique alternative to commerical-based scents.

As a newbie, I have also noticed that the fragrance changes over the hours that I'm wearing it as it melds with my body chemistry. I agree with you that the scent changes, and in some cases deepens. One scent in particular All Hallows Eve- in the bottle and when wet I though oh this is not a scent for me. But after about an hour, I was wondering what's that awesome smell? It was the AHE! I think its definely one of my favs after it has a while to dry down and meld with my chemistry a bit.

Here is another thing to expect from trying LP fragrances: expect your tastes to change over the course of a year or so. When I first tried these scents, I traded away quite a few things that I should have held on to. And some things I kept but didn't care for at first, I found that I liked a lot after a while.

As a newbie, I have also noticed that the fragrance changes over the hours that I'm wearing it as it melds with my body chemistry. I agree with you that the scent changes, and in some cases deepens. One scent in particular All Hallows Eve- in the bottle and when wet I though oh this is not a scent for me. But after about an hour, I was wondering what's that awesome smell? It was the AHE! I think its definely one of my favs after it has a while to dry down and meld with my chemistry a bit.

Same thing happened to me with Phantoms Breath! I wore it to bed because I thought I didn't like it enough to wear out and about...woke up IN SCENT HEAVEN...figured out it was Phantom...now it's my fave. I STILL have to learn not to judge these scents too rashly.

Also I am pretty sure this a scent I never would have worn a couple years ago!!