MERMAIDS OF ATLANTIS 2012

Dolly

AD-MermaidsAtlantis2012-LovePotion.jpg?v

Mermaids of Atlantis 2012

One of our perennial bestsellers since its introduction in 2004…all the magical seductive allure of those daughters of La Mer: a lush floral bouquet of water lily, plumaria, gardenia, magnolia and lotus, with fresh green accents of Hawaiian maile leaf & vines, cucumber and bamboo, drowned in sea moss and bladderwrack and sweetened with a tropical twist of pineapple, mango and coconut. Each full-sized bottle contains the mermaid's treasure in the form of a pearl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
MELONS ~ Water magic, fertility
HAWAIIAN MAILE LEAF & VINES ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
BLADDERWRACK and SEA MOSS ~ Protection, money, psychic powers, sea spells.
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, everybody, go ahead and hate me....I got mine early! :Emoticons0424:

I love the remake! Mara had told me that it came out a bit different, but.........

Well, any of you who are familiar with the original....in the bottle and on the skin wet, you probably will be able to tell the difference....it smells sharper and a bit stronger....it is easier to distinguish between the individual notes.....BUT, I put them on side by side to compare....well, actually, the new one on one arm and the old one on the other. After dry down, I seriously could not tell the difference! I think aging will probably soften the new one....

In any event, it is absolutely, drop to your knees gorgeous! I get all watery florals and fruits, along with that tangy seaweedy note as in the original.....covers cops PERFECTLY, by the way!

The label is perfect, and the little pearl in the bottle is the prettiest little touch!

OH AND MARA, if they don't fly out the door at record speed, will you please save me a couple of extra bottles? I didn't want to clog up your email while you are having 'puter problems!

I'm very curious about this one, glad it's been rebrewed :) Dolly always raves about this one and since we have somewhat similar tastes, I wanna know what Dolly loves about this one.

Well, Liz, it is different from the dark resins that you and I normally go for. BUT, its not foody (my man doesn't care for those, and I don't much either).....It is fruity and floral without being screaming floral.....and the seaweed gives it that extra little SUMPTIN'...... I love it for when I need something a bit lighter.....I can't be deep and dark all the time!

I really think you will love it.....after all, you and I do have similar tastes and skin chemistry.....

Well, Liz, it is different from the dark resins that you and I normally go for. BUT, its not foody (my man doesn't care for those, and I don't much either).....It is fruity and floral without being screaming floral.....and the seaweed gives it that extra little SUMPTIN'...... I love it for when I need something a bit lighter.....I can't be deep and dark all the time!

I really think you will love it.....after all, you and I do have similar tastes and skin chemistry.....

Just read the story line about this one, Merlissa has/had red hair....just like YOU ! This screams DOLLY ! excited to try this....leave a bottle for me Dear :lol:

Just read the story line about this one, Merlissa has/had red hair....just like YOU ! This screams DOLLY ! excited to try this....leave a bottle for me Dear :lol:

OH I will be sure to leave one for you! You will love it!

Just read the story line about this one, Merlissa has/had red hair....just like YOU ! This screams DOLLY !

Heh, originally she did anyway (and in hindsight I was thinking oh please let there be a red-headed mermaild on the bottle) but I did think after I sent it to Mara..."Dolly will approve!" :lol:

I'm looking forward to trying this as well, as I seem to be finally becoming somewhat of an aquatic admirer as befitting a Fish.

Edited by luna65

omg, i want this one so bad. I will surely try to get this one in the the new year....omg everyone, happy new year, best wishes and much love. :hearts18::drunk:

Edited by AncientGoddess

Heh, originally she did anyway (and in hindsight I was thinking oh please let there be a red-headed mermaild on the bottle) but I did think after I sent it to Mara..."Dolly will approve!" :lol:

OH yes, absolutely! Your description was FAB Luna!!! As always!!

Hi, LP ladies, those of you who have tried the re-make or the original , how would you describe the scent of seaweed and bladderwrack? Is it salty, figgy?

I'm seriously considering a full bottle unsniffed but I would like to have an idea of how it smells beforehand...and these scent notes seem so exotic and different, Im really curious...

From your descriptions, I understand it is mainly aquatic and a fruity-floral....hope it goes more fruity than floral on me!

Those notes add an "ocean" aura to a fragrance, like being at the beach and smelling the sea. So it's the aquatic part of the equation.

The only description I can give for the seaweed note is "tangy"......kind of hard to describe.....it is seaweedy......

Thanks Dolly and Luna...

I like tangy....and an oceanic tangy fruityness is just what I'm imagining...

LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.

GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.

HAWAIIAN MAILE LEAF & VINES ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.

BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.

OMGosh, I can't imagine anybody not loving this one. It is blissful island-vacation-in-a-bottle. I would be happy to get dragged down into the depths of anywhere that smells like this! I get the watery notes first, and that segues into the more fruity notes. Pure bliss.

LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.

OMGosh, I can't imagine anybody not loving this one. It is blissful island-vacation-in-a-bottle. I would be happy to get dragged down into the depths of anywhere that smells like this! I get the watery notes first, and that segues into the more fruity notes. Pure bliss.

Sounds absolutely heavenly. I really want to get a full bottle of this one...but I'll have to wait. I've placed too many orders already this month.,

I never tried the original, but I've been dying to after seeing all the talk about it. At first sniff, it was just too floral for me, but I put it on anyway. Like Dolly said, the notes were very distinct, and the ocean smell was a little too much. But after an hour, they started to blend and settle down. A fresh clean scent started to come out. It's been a couple of hours now, and I smell like a sweet ocean breeze. I don't smell the fruit, but I think that's what's contributing to the sweetness. I lurves it!!

But now that I think about it, I think the lady getting a pedicure next to me this morning was wearing this! (Unless there is a commercial scent like this, and I doubt that...) I just wish I had smelled this before I went.

See this is one of those big tropical florals I can't wear, but I can understand why it's so popular. I don't get any of the watery notes on my skin, just the fruit morphing into the floral.

Okay at first this one smelled like anchovies on me. It was way over the top fishy snatch- BUT then it changed really really fast into a very beautiful tropical floral. Expensive! If you can get past the wet seaweed it dries down into something very beautiful.

The original one is more saltier and reminds me more of the ocean during the day- this one is the ocean at night for me. You know those cold days when you walk and there's a clean chill in the air and you can smell flowers? Well this is like that for me. A nighttime romantic expensive beautiful floral scent. I can almost smell the stars shining on the ocean! It's very mysterious.

Mystery Mermaid. I love it! Glad I ordered a full bottle! Perfect for dinner and romantic encounters with mermen at midnight.

Yeah that's how I feel about most white flower blends, like I'm going to get arrested for impersonating someone far more sophisticated than I am capable of. :lol: But I do like - and wear - some of them.

Ok, my nose is STILL recovering from the cold..but, on me this is MUCH more an aquatic scent than floral so far! After drydown I get little soft fruity notes close to my skin. I'm going to have to continue to test in a few days to see if I'm just *missing* the floral part of this rendition.

K, so..I love this one! It is aquatic AND tangy! Until the perfume part kicks in, it actually smells like something I could eat (the tanginess).

Still loving this......glad it is not a loud floral on me.....my skin does very ugly things to some floral blends.....I have to be very very careful.......

After drydown, this one is just.....PERFECT......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been so busy with tax season that I haven't been able to post much.....but I wore this a couple of weeks ago when I was working. I had a couple come in and the woman kept inching her chair closer to me.....it was kind of funny....she saw that I noticed, and she said sheepishly....."I'm sorry! I was just trying to figure out if that wonderful scent is YOU." I offered up my wrist so she could smell it, and she went nuts! I ended up pulling out a couple of LP business cards that I have on my desk, and gave them to her. Her husband said that, from her reaction, he may as well kiss his tax refund good-bye!

I have a sample of this scent and I love it!! I wore it on Friday and I stopped at the gas station to buy a lotter ticket and as I walked by the clerk was staring at me. I grabbed a bet slip walked passed him again to get a pencil and as I was filling out the bet slip, he said "Wow! Is that you that smells good?" at first I didn't think that he was talking to me until I looked up and everyone, I mean everyone in the store was looking at me. I said "Uh...yes, that's me". and he said "Wow! Whatever it is....it's making you smell amazing". I politely say "Thanks". Meanwhile....when I got to the register to pay, he whispered "By the way, I find you very attractive". I smiled and said "Thanks" and walked out.

Well...I guess I have to buy a bottle of this scent for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

This is delicious, I just got my bottle! Thanks Mara you Goddess! This is fruity, floral, tangy, sea-salty all at the same time.

Both my SO and his mother, whom I had take a sniff thought this was just a lovely passe-partout scent.

While I didn't get quite the reaction Aeaea got, I did get a couple of compliments on this when I wore it this past week. I was about to spring for a bottle of an Irish cologne called Inis: Energy of the Sea but I'm going for a full bottle of this instead. :mermaid:

I have a sample of this beauty, and have been testing it for a while now....To be honest at first the bladderwrack and sea moss notes did intimidate me a bit, it can be a bit sharp at first, maybe too marine for some, but after testing it several times my nose started craving the salty sea watery smell that I get from it...

It does make you feel like a sea goddess, I loved how the bladderwrack and sea moss notes evolved on my skin from salty to tangy, I was not able to identify mango, cucumber, coconut etc, separately...I think Mara did a masterpiece blending all the fruity notes in such a way that the aquatic, marine aspect of the potion doesn't overwhelm the nose,and the fruity notes are what add the tanginess to the seaweedy scent and this is what makes it work perfectly well with the floral aspect of the perfume....the magnolia, gardenia and plumeria all come out, however the gardenia leads the rest of the flower notes...

This potion is very unique, one of the most unusual I've smelled, sensuous, intoxicating, memorable, and very addicting...It feels very high end, and I'm amazed by what Mara can achieve with a floral perfume, she just took this one to a whole other level IMO...I think many LP addicts here are obssesed with Mara's gourmand creations, but Mermaids shows she does florals beautifully and achieves something unique in perfumery that stands out from the rest...

Longevity and sillage are superb and this one is definitely FB worthy...

It also covers Copulin heavy blends very well...

Edited by Gabylicious

I seriously think I have come across this scent at the supermarket more than a year ago. It was worn by a woman about my age, slightly on the frumpy side and the smell hit me as she walked past me. At that time, I have already discovered LPs. It smelled freshly washed hair. I walked past her twice if not thrice, wanting to ask her what she was wearing but in the end, I chickened out.

My daughter's initial reaction was "hotel bathtub" scent. You have to take this positively as she loves staying in hotel. She spends most of her time in the bathroom when we stay in hotels. I didn't get the salty nor fishy scent on wet. I have to say that this is one big flora scent with super throw. My skin plays up the floras more than the fruits. It's a sophisticated scent to me. It does not remind me of the beach as most ladies commented.

I guess I will not need to hoard this, a bottle should be sufficient as it has such great throw and a little goes a long way.

Once again, Mara I cannot thank you enough for re-brewing this! It is a little heavier on the florals than the original, but it is already losing a lot of the "sharpness" that it first had........I think one of the reasons I love this one so much is that it is one heavily floral blend that doesn't go whacko with my skin chemistry! So many of them do, but this one is absolutely beeeeeeeeeautiful on me.......it does bring back memories of the beach for me......it is more of a "feeling" of the beach than the scent of it though......

Edited by Dolly

• 4 weeks later...

This scent is amazing! It's a very beachy fruity floral. Dry down is more floral on me but I just love it! I got it with popularity potion added in and it's just the perfect summer potion!

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally gotten around to giving this a proper test run today. I was getting a very fruity aquatic experience when it was wet, and now it has softened down to an equally gorgeous floral, with undertones of fruit and the cucumber and bladderwrack bring a real freshness to it. It reminds me of being on a tropical beach and the smell of a refreshing breeze bringing all the scents of the lush vegetation out of the shade skimming along the hot sand picking up warmth...

I don't know what I can add but to second what everyone else has said here. Wet this is very aquatic and fruity. It dries down to soft, watery florals and fruits. It really does remind me of the smell of the ocean as the sun hits it first thing in the morning, of wet sand underfoot and steam misting from the beach. It's not the most delicious, want-to-huff-in-and-get-closer smell, but it is very nice and quite fresh smelling. A spray or two of this all over on a hot day would be lovely I think. I also agree that it would probably cover cops well. Probably the only criticism I have of it is the seaweed smell, I am not too sure what to make of this - on one level I kind of like it, but I also feel it might come across a little strange to anyone smelling it on me - it's not a note someone would normally pick, and I can see it getting misinterpreted as some kind of "off" floral.

I don't know what I can add but to second what everyone else has said here. Wet this is very aquatic and fruity. It dries down to soft, watery florals and fruits. It really does remind me of the smell of the ocean as the sun hits it first thing in the morning, of wet sand underfoot and steam misting from the beach. It's not the most delicious, want-to-huff-in-and-get-closer smell, but it is very nice and quite fresh smelling. A spray or two of this all over on a hot day would be lovely I think. I also agree that it would probably cover cops well. Probably the only criticism I have of it is the seaweed smell, I am not too sure what to make of this - on one level I kind of like it, but I also feel it might come across a little strange to anyone smelling it on me - it's not a note someone would normally pick, and I can see it getting misinterpreted as some kind of "off" floral.

I can confirm that it does cover cops very well.....the seaweed is one of the best parts on me......when my man smells it, he always says he loves the tang of the seaweed.....it kind of wafts in and out like it really does at the beach.....

Edited by Dolly

I can confirm that it does cover cops very well.....the seaweed is one of the best parts on me......when my man smells it, he always says he loves the tang of the seaweed.....it kind of wafts in and out like it really does at the beach.....

I couldn't agree any more, Dolly! My Bf also likes the seaweed note, which he also loves in his own perfumes, so he thought it was very original to give seaweed a more feminine spin...IMO some fruits cover Cops really well, but here seaweed it's what helps cover Cops so well, even more than the fruity notes in Mermaids...And yes! I love how you describe it hun, the seaweed comes and goes like sea waves at the beach...

Hey Syn! Mermaids may still grow on you, you could re-test and see how people react to it....