A Treasure of Silver

tyvey

AD-ATO-Silver-LovePotion_.jpg

A Treasure of Silver

Because silver is associated with lunar matters it is endowed with feminine wisdom and virtue: intuition, creativity, strength. Our evocation of this prima of metals is a chilly, peaceful and yet mysterious scent. A midnight rendezvous under a silvery moon…. Night-blooming florals, cool earth, powdery frankincense, oak moss and powdered sugar, and white pepper EO which adds to the crisp mood of a dark night. This potion sparkles with sterling silver flake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CASABLANCA LILY ~ Celebration.
EVENING STOCK ~ Happiness, contentment.
NIGHT PHLOX ~ Compatibility, uniting of souls, sweet dreams, marriage proposal.
MOONFLOWER ~ Divination, prophetic dreams.
NIGHT BLOOMING JASMINE ~ Love's vigil. The intoxicating scent of these heady blossoms is fabled to inspire lust clouded sleeplessness.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
WHITE PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On me its vibe is bright, clean, expensive-soap (must be the oakmoss + frank?), and very unisex (! I know) - it should be on a very clean cut dude in a very sharp suit (Bradley Cooper in Limitless). Or Lana Turner in a shimmery swirling pearl-colored silk floor length gown.

:yeahthat:

Agreed 100%! This is a scent you could wear and smell really fabulous, but people wouldn't necessarily identify it as a perfume. It's not overly floral, either, so don't be afraid of it men; i think you could probably pull it off if you don't mind a mild sweetness. The oak moss and earth offset it. I love the pepper note. Adds a subtle sharpness.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't actually wear this myself, but for anyone who enjoys the scented version of Cuddle Bunny, this is as close to the mood of that fragrance as any other LP, IMO. Very smooth and subtle and powdery.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this!

I should say that when I first got my Treasure NR's I sniffed this right out of the vial and hated it!!

OMG! I still don't like it right out of vial. But on my skin it turns into a sweet comforting even sexy concoction!

It's weird how something can smell so ick (to me anyway) on a stick and so lovely on skin.

I guess it does have a bit of the CB feel to it but it's so much more mellow and soothing.

I love the silver sparklies too.

I thought I smelled a dusty vanilla but I guess not. Is that oak moss?

I am going to wear this a lot it is very versatile and gentle smelling.

"chilly, peaceful, and yet mysterious..." that about sums it up. It's soft, powdery, and clean smelling. I truly cannot pick out any individual notes.. maybe just a bit of the florals, and it might be the moss that's making a tickly feeling when I sniff deeply... I don't think this scent is "me", but it's nice

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just love the little silver flakes floating around in this! I've been sitting here playing with them in the vial. I know, small things right, lol. But seriously, something about the metallic twang of this in the bottle is just tickling my palate nicely right now. On my skin it softens into something I can't quite describe - not floral, not perfumey, but heading in the direction. Very subtle. Enhanced skin. I hope I'm making sense.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking for a while that the inside of my bag seems to smell really nice, and wondering if maybe I had accidentally sprayed something in there. Turns out the lid fell off my trial vial of ATOS and the contents have leaked throughout my bag. Yet, I really don't mind one bit! What a gorgeous smell.

• 1 month later...

CASABLANCA LILY ~ Celebration.

EVENING STOCK ~ Happiness, contentment.

NIGHT PHLOX ~ Compatibility, uniting of souls, sweet dreams, marriage proposal.

MOONFLOWER ~ Divination, prophetic dreams.

NIGHT BLOOMING JASMINE ~ Love's vigil. The intoxicating scent of these heady blossoms is fabled to inspire lust clouded sleeplessness.

OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

WHITE PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.

MMmmmmm! I've been playing with my ATO Treasure Chest today!

In the vial, sharp floral and sweet. Not cloying, though. Hitting my skin and warming, I get the floral blend. Are they all white flowers? It smells like it. They come right to the edge of too sweet for me, but they don't quite cross that line. I'm a little wary of florals like this--my skin can amp them a LOT. When I snoof them from the blooming plants, though, I love them. I'm not getting as much of the Oakmoss, Frank, and White Pepper as I'd expected. I luuuuurrrrve those notes. In this blend, they're staying in the background, but I do believe they're tempering the flowers. I can totally see luna's comparison with scented Cuddle Bunny. This is one that I'll always have to be in *exactly* the right mood to wear, and then wear it in teeny dabs, because I *do* amp it like crazy. But when I want it, this'll really hit the spot!

Oh this was my absolute favorite Treasure!! I finally got a bottle in the sale. Normally I don't appreciate the florals at all, but I don't know...oakmoss and frankin to the rescue I guess!

I love the intents of all the ingredients...all that protection and happiness inducing. I usually wear it at night because it is one of those great PJ scents to me. It does only take a dab but it makes me feel comfy and safe.

So it's been over a month since I spilled my vial of ATOS in my bag, and it still smells beautiful. I think really I couldn't have picked a more fortuitous potion to spill, because not only does this smell nice it also manages to smell really "clean". The metallic-y twang just makes it smell like the bag itself smells that way. This was actually a pretty good use for my trial vial I think!

• 4 weeks later...

Love the silver bits in the vial. Reminds me of LPSilver. I like it on wet. After dry down, the floral became more prominent and at one point, there was a note or two which didn't agree with my nose.

• 5 months later...

I have not been sleeping peacefully at all, I've been agitated and last night was no exception but when I woke up this morning I felt so calm and peaceful and had this lingering clean soft smell about me. I finally tracked it down to the Treasure of Silver I wore to bed last night. It is still on my skin, my shirt, this is a perfect scent to wake up to.

• 3 months later...

Treasure of Silver is very powdery and blue on me. There is something metallic in the scent too, reminds me of one mainstream fragrance I tried, but I can't remember its name. Compared to this one Cuddle Bunny is much sweeter on me, but otherwise it has a similar feel to it.

After applying Treasure of Silver feels too sharp for me to wear, and too powdery. Couple hours later it starts to get more into softer/fresher floral scent department, quite nice but still not something I'd want to get FB of.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as I applied ATO Silver I immediately thought of LP Silver. Which makes sense since both are in the "silver" family of scents. Also means I LOVE this.

It's floral, but not green, it has this crispness to it. It "feels" cool, and while it is fragrant florals, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a lot of perfume. I think the closest I can come up with is that this smells like very high end luxurious bath products? And having just showered and applied this, I can definitely say I feel like this is a "clean" feeling fragrance.

This is my kind of floral. :D

On me it's a soft white or Silver scent but with depth. There is also a bit of a the velvety Oakmoss that comes through and is delicately sensuous.

The florals blend & combine to make one white floral musk note and there is a soft just barely threre light powder feel. This is where it plays a bit like a "Spark In The Dark" variant.

The frankincense is all depth and white light in this.

Threre is almost a mystic quality involved with this. Like a very comforting secret wish that calls fourth beauty and protection.

• 3 months later...

Ack, i got some in my eye! (sample vial "flicked" when i closed it)

Anyway, i really love this one and i cannot fathom why i havent reviewed it yet! This is a nice crisp summer night in the woods by a lake with nothing but the moon n stars to light your way and its doing a really shitty job but you dont care cuz it smells too damn nice and natural. Its a sensuous "deep" and dark green scent that soothes the soul, the moss is a nice heady base and a tad dewy. It has this sweet tartness to it (i have no idea what half of these notes are!)

I guess im trying to say is its kind of like being cradled by nature, pretty much. It has this gentle but strong maternal vibe that catches me off guard and it can make for a good bedtime or de-stressing scent.

its crisp, earthy and natural if i had to put it bluntly, its not the "green" kind of natural but you can smell the earth and the plant's dew/sap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cannot pick out the individual notes in this perfume, but this is what it feels as though it's made of:

Cold, clean night air

A sliver of pale moon glow

Frozen starlight

Soft whispers of night-blooming white flowers

A hint of earth-tipped dew on grass

It is quiet, haunting, evocative and beautiful.

• 3 months later...

This is an instant love for me. I couldn't have chosen anything better for this miserably hot and sunny day. Any metallic twang and the sweet earth dissipate very quickly once applied. It is cool, breezy, and blue (or crisp and silver, I suppose) on me and not too much like CB to my nose/on my skin. It wears less sweet and powdery, I think. Less fluffy and cuddly by far. I also don't find it especially unisex. I'm finding that with the unisex LPs in general my skin takes them in their most feminine direction. In this case that means distinct florals and noticeable sweetness but neither strong per se, and certainly not heavy.

To me and on me this is elegant lady perfume, for someone unflappable under pressure and uncrumpled in the sweltering summer: ever so slightly ice queen. She's one of those French or Italian women who sits under baking Mediterranean sun but doesn't break a sweat, never musses her makeup, and floats about in perfect, creaseless white linen. I want to be her when I grow up but it's not going to happen. At least now I can smell like her.

I see this as a natural match of LFM and will report back if I try it. I think it would also play very nicely with OCCO Blue. As this is only a sniffie I have limited scope for testing. Then again, this may well end up as a FB in my next order.

Edited by donsie

It is beautiful isn't it Donsie? I wore this one again the other day. Don't wear it that often, cause I've got it "spiked" with a full UN dose of Empathy Potion (which is magical but intense).

It makes me feel like I'm standing alone in a field at night, bare feet on damp grass, soaking in the cold light of the stars.

It is beautiful isn't it Donsie? I wore this one again the other day. Don't wear it that often, cause I've got it "spiked" with a full UN dose of Empathy Potion (which is magical but intense).

It makes me feel like I'm standing alone in a field at night, bare feet on damp grass, soaking in the cold light of the stars.

I like that description. I certainly has a sort of magic to it. It's also eminently huff-able.

• 4 months later...

This smells like frozen peaches to me. It just surrounds me like a star-lit night. Very spiritual, very tantric. I used to think that Love Potion Rouge w/ LFM was the most 'me' scent-wise, but this is even more 'me'. Positive energy, yet mysterious, somewhat psychic ability boosting to my mind, feminine but not overly so, plus silver is my favorite metal to work with energetically. Swoooooon.

• 5 weeks later...

Wore this again tonight...looks like exactly a month later even...how interesting ! I am loving this one even more, I can't BELIEVE the board isn't full of mention about this one. Still getting that 'surrounded by a beautiful silky, sparkly energy' vibe from it. Mysterious, amaaaaaazing

:morph:

Wore this again tonight...looks like exactly a month later even...how interesting ! I am loving this one even more, I can't BELIEVE the board isn't full of mention about this one. Still getting that 'surrounded by a beautiful silky, sparkly energy' vibe from it. Mysterious, amaaaaaazing

:morph:

Shhhh! We're keeping it quiet so it doesn't sell out too quickly!

:Emoticons04277:

• 2 months later...

I like this one! I tried it today and it lasted all day. I can still smell it a little on my wrist, and it's been hours!

My nose interpreted this as a wintery scent, but I can also see it as a crisp, cool, moonlit night scent. Anyway, I really like it. I might need a full bottle someday...but I'm not sure if that's due to the scent itself, or my being taken with the little silver flakes. I like this mica in the vial better than the other mica-infused ones--in the others, it makes the liquid look cloudy, while in this one, the flakes are bigger and they sort of just float suspended in the perfume...they look like little planets or asteroids. Fitting for a "nighttime" scent, no?

To me, it's not a bedtime scent (nighttime, yes, but not for sleeping). On the contrary, it gives me a very "awake" vibe. Like I want to go running barefoot through a moonlit forest near a lake.

To me, it's not a bedtime scent (nighttime, yes, but not for sleeping). On the contrary, it gives me a very "awake" vibe. Like I want to go running barefoot through a moonlit forest near a lake.

Yes, a perfect description! I'm glad you liked it!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This is one of my most precious beloved scents too.

This scent is also absolutely my favorite and beloved scent. It is the most "me" I have discovered yet. I am almost on my second bottle. It lasts all day and also smells powdery, sweet, elegant. Definitely more floral than spider silk. But elegant and mysterious floral. It definitely resonates with all the moonlit references here :)

I just got this (thanks Bella!) and I love it too, I'll do a full review when it's not first thing in the morning (not even a sip of coffee yet!),but I was looking at the ingredients and wondering if this is meant to be a protection potion at all? Kind of feels that way to me.

I'm asking because as some of you know, theres been some odd things going on at my mom's house. I know the "Treasure Of" line wasn't intended as a spell oil set, but theres a bit of magic in everything Mara cranks out,no? I am just thinking with the silver flakes,pepper,frankincense,etc,that this could be used in such a way at bedtime. I guess I'm just curious if that was also part of what was intended, kind of a spell oil type of thing with this one?

Edited by cheeseburger79