Too Much!

Eggers

Oh my gosh! The more I read people's descriptions of perfumes and pheros, the harder it is to decide what to choose! Would it be crazy to order about 20 samples??? Is that outta line? 'Cause that's kinda what I'm coming down to. I think my head might implode from all the options.

And just one more thing: is there a sample size of Treasured Hearts? I've looked and looked, 'cause I thought I might have missed it, but don't think there is one. Made me sad...

The unscented pheromone blends are not available as samples.

Ordering twenty samples is not crazy, trust me. I have a trial vial collection which probably weights twenty pounds. :lol:

Edited by luna65

Oh good! I was afraid there for a second! Twenty vials sounds like a lot to me, (though not quite as sweet as 20 pounds would be!).

I decided finally that I'll probably order all the samples of the perfume/phero blends that sound good and interesting to me. That way I get the best of both worlds, and I don't have to bother with blending & covering. I need this to be as stress-free as possible. Besides, I LOVE hand-crafted perfumes! I just went to the sample page & chose a bunch there that sounded awesome & like they might do some good.

I'd earmarked some money for a fancy face scrubber thingy, but I wonder if my stash o'cash might not be better spent here? At the moment, pheromones sound a lot more fun than scrubbing my face! Lol!

And don't forget...10 new perfumes come out at the end of EVERY month....Bwahahahah!!! :666:

And it seems to come up sooner and sooner every time. You'll seen be swimming in samples!!!!

Scrub your face with your hands and get more Lp's I say!!

eta: also...with your order you get little "sniffies" which is smaller than a sample that you'd buy but you get to try quite a bit for free that way.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

20 is nowhere near out of line......I don't even want to talk about how many samples I have!!!! :Emoticons04239:

I am in trouble!

10 new perfumes every month sounds freaking awesome to me. And l'il sniffies? I saw that all of you ladies were talking about getting l'il freebies in your bags. How cool is that? The ladies running this joint are pretty generous, huh?

I am extremely torn. I am *so* wanting to order some samples... I just may wind up doing it by the end of the day... I have a big knot in my tummy about spending the money, but got up a little early this morning, to put my 'extra' money in the bank for PayPal, lol! I feel the sickness setting in... Oh no! What to do, what to do?

...but Dolly, did you get them all at once? Is 20 not a little excessive for a first timer? I'm just so eager to try some pheremone blends that I can hardly sit still!

I might wind up shrinking my order to 10, just to make it more manageable, but having to choose between them really sucks. Haha! We'll see... I may just go the whole hog and get all 20.

Anyone know if they'd be delivered straight to my door if I live in Canada? 'Cause that might be bad, in terms of the boyfriend being witness to a large package of perfumes arriving at the door... yikes!

Funny too though; he won't know what hit him!

And.... how long can I expect to get out of sample containers? Is there enough there to get a few uses out of them, to get a better idea about which blends will work with him, and with me?

Edited by Eggers

Is 20 not a little excessive for a first timer?

Actually it makes more sense for a first-timer to place a big order because you're just starting out. You become more discerning over time about what you like and what works for you so your focus tends to narrow.

The Trial Vials are good for about four uses, I'd say, if you really slather, and at least twice that or more if you just dab or swab.

Gah! I'm going to give myself a coronary. It's so tough to decide which route to take.

I'm torn about which would be better: buying a whole bunch of samples, or buying a few less samples and some wax melt things with Treasured Hearts, Pefrect Match and NOX+b2, to encourage the things they encourage in our home. I'm really heartbroken that Treasured Hearts is not available in a trial size, that's why I thought maybe the melty things would be a good idea. I like that it encourages a 'nesting vibe'. The boyfriend is still young, still wanting to stay out and party until 5 am, and I am so not in that space right now, (I'm *so* done with that 5am 'walk of shame'), it would be nice to have something helping him get more settled, maybe help us meet in the middle a bit more.

Any thoughts?

I suppose I could sell any scents that I wasn't keen on, or which didn't work - but I"m like you Missdarlyncherie: too lazy to make it to the post office!

Luna, your thoughts were my thoughts: if I were to order the whole slew at once, I could figure out PDQ which ones would be worth ordering full-sized. Do you think four uses will be enough to make that determination?

They will be delivered right to your Canadian door (or in my case, my office). And it won't be a very big box.

And there's always the Trading Post as well. When I started out I ordered directly from Mara and picked up a bunch of stuff from the awesome VGFs here as well. Because I have a serious perfume addiction.

Hello Skye,

I have a serious perfume addiction, too. Although for once it'll be nice to have someone else make the perfume, (those raw materials are expensive - especially a lot of the sexier smelling once), and I'm waging that no matter what I decide to get here, it will smell infinitely more rounded than ones I make myself.

I was looking on the Trading Post yesterday. Perhaps today I"ll look around a little more...

As for shipping right to my door, part of me says 'YAY!!!' and part of me is thinking 'God, I hope Ryan's at work when they arrive!' At least they're all samples, so he'll have no idea how much I actually spent. Lol!

Do you think four uses will be enough to make that determination?

At least in terms of the fragrance; sometimes the pheros take a little longer to know if you've got a consistent effect going on. Make sure to be congruent when you're testing to provide the best environment for the desired outcome.

Okay. Thank you Luna. No matter what I wind up buying, I intend to start out just as you said: try the cops first. Don't wear 'em outta the house. Start slowly so I can figure out which pheromone is doing what. I'm so excited,/nervous/anxious that I'm almost tempted to increase my shipping so it might get here faster, and I can just get the first couple of experiments out of the way! I'm way too nervous about trying this stuff. Things have been a little 'off' between us lately. Not bad, just 'off', 'cause I think he's going through some kind of transition, (ie., last night he dyed his hair blue), and I'm a bit afraid that experimenting like this might exacerbate things. But I'm also so excited at the prospect that this could help that I just want to TRY it already! Lol! I'm not very patient, can you tell???

Hiya Calii,

I think I"m going to place my order tonight. My boyfriend has a jam session with one of his bands tonight, so he'll be out of the house. Just a few more hours of fretting, and then I'm ordering.

Not bad, just 'off', 'cause I think he's going through some kind of transition, (ie., last night he dyed his hair blue), and I'm a bit afraid that experimenting like this might exacerbate things.

Hmm, he's a bit young to have a midlife crisis but maybe it's that whole OMG I'm gonna be 30, don't wanna be a grownup! thing,

Treasured Hearts is FAB.....I will never be without it in my arsenal.....it does create the nesting lovey-dovey vibe in men, but is also great for dealing with same-sex people too.....I use it when I have to deal with family situations like reunions and such....works wonders. Doesn't make you the center of attention necessarily, but makes them all want to "share the love". I'd get a full-size of that one....truly indispensible!

Funny you should suggest a full bottle of TH, Dolly. I was actually thinking about it. I might just wind up tacking onto my order. What's it called in spray form again,? Rainbow Falls? I was sort of on the fence about it. I keep worrying that it would have the opposite effect on him! That would be my luck....

Rainbow Falls has Treasured Hearts plus extra a-nol. But you know, if it doesn't work on him the way you want it to, it can be used for other situations. Social blends are very flexible (sexual blends might help make you flexible :666:)!

Edited by luna65

Hehe... Luna, you are so naughty!

Would it be better to go for the roll-on?

Or would the a-nol just help him think I'm perty? Lol!

This is the last thing I'm deciding on. I think. I hope! As soon as it's decided, I'm taking the plunge, signing my paycheck away!

Edited by Eggers

I see Rainbow Falls as a good phero accessory. You can spray it in your hair, for example, and it's not too heavy a scent so it will add a little Cloud of Happy for you (kind of like Eeyore's cloud, but nicer) in any situation. I guess it really depends on your priorities, I think Rainbow Falls is good to have no matter what, but if I were prioritizing based on certain agendas then maybe I'd want the other first.

Thanks Luna. It's tough to make such big decisions with limited funds! (Come on Jackpot!)

The reason I'd thought about the TR spray (Rainbow Mountain Happy Place, or whatevre it's called!), is because I was reading so many reviews of these other blends and started thinking that maybe it might not be as one-dimensional as it is in my messy, messy head, and maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to pay some attention to these other areas as well.

*sigh*

decisions, decisions.

I don't know why I'm so worried about it. I go back to work on WEdnesday!

Welcome Eggers!

I too was overwhelmed when I first ordered. In my case I did order a bunch of samples and should have gone slower. It took me longer to figure things out that way. Either route you go, you'll have so much fun. I have tried testing multiple fragrances at a time (not at the same time on the body, I mean in the same week) and it's harder for me to see how they work on me and others that way, I like to pick one, and wear it for a few days to a week. Then go back and try it a couple months later. Sometimes scents that were sort of "meh" become your faves after sitting in your drawer awhile.

God I hate my computer's browser sometimes... it shuts down at random. And constantly... Grr...

Miss Darlyncherie, please wish me luck. I'm a big muller, I know. I'm giving myself a headache!

Raq On, hi there! Yours was teh very first post I read here when I came as a visitor! I decded to make my list a little smaller, but not by much. My boyfriend and I work in restaurants, so our hours are kind of wonky, and he's also in three different bands, so we don't always know when we'll both be home at the same time. Hence the monster order. I won't necessarily be able to test anything days in a row, (unfortunately), but it'll be kind of nice knowing that I have a few things in the arsenal to choose from when the time is right. I'm very *linear* though, so chances are that with him at least, I will only be trying one or possibly two a week. Mostly because I want to know more accurately what reactions of his are attributable to which blend. I will probably take notes. Lol! And no, I'm not kidding. I am a huge nerd.

I have many many lists going on in my Iphone at all times. Mulling mulling mulling...scheming constantly...

Also, because it takes a while to get the orders (and longer for you than me ,given your location) better to OVER ORDER. You will regret it if you cut it down too much. Believe me I've been there and my orders only take a little over a week to get to me!

GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT! NO REGRETS!

Yay! I finally made my order, you'll be happy to know! I know: FINALLY! And I did pretty much get everything I wanted to get. Almost. A few things just weren't feasible at the moment... But they will be next month! LOL! I figure that if I find something that I really like, in a scent that I like, that I can probably order a full sized one next time. Being practical, I went through my list and eliminated stuff that isn't available in full-sizes anymore. I hope I caught them all!

Anyway, I feel good now that I've just done it. I've got some stuff on the way, and my little computer/tablet thingy to keep track of my results, you people to blab to and ask crazy questions of... I'm all set. Now there are only to things to worry about: who gets to the door first when the postie arrives with my package, and the long, long wait. Oh! And whether or not it all works for me. And him.

I am a list person too, Missdarlycherie. Lists for everything.

And Luna, I'm such a nerd I even keep a little diary for my skin care stuff! I seriously need help! Lol!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for being so patient and helpful. You have no idea how much I appreciate the help and kind words. And the humour, too. ;-)

I use this forum as my phero journal. :D

So far my favorite social blend is Lumina but that because it's one of the few blends that has self-effects for me. It makes me happy and upbeat and of course, when I'm in a good that affects the people around me too. I like Audacious too. It makes me feel like a rock star.

Hi everybody!

Skye, I wanted to get Lumina, too but maybe I missed the sample? After reading the reviews for that one I'm itching to try it...

Halo, I wound up getting:

Garland & Lace

Portmanteau

Darling Clementine

Passion in PInk

Rocket Fuel

Extra-Curricular Proclivities

Far, Far Away

Cuddle Bunny 2009

Cougar Potion

Phero Girl

Sexology

Detective and the Dame

and Cops and Robbers

There are so many I want to try! It was tough to narrow it down. I decided in the end to go for all the phero perfumes. For the most part I tried to stick to the recommendations everyone gave.. I picked a few for me, like Passion in Pink, (because I love that little dog!), but for the most part, I just wanted a nice, rounded sampler, so I can at least get an idea of what will work. The only one I missed was Dangerous Games, but that's okay, because I think the 'dominance ' facotor might not be good in my situation. But I might try it next time... just for curiosity's sake.

I hope I made some good choices. I tried to read as many reviews as I could before I made any hard and fast decisions, but it made it even more difficult to choose because everything souonds really awesome! But I think that reading what everyone has had to say about all the different phero blends has given me a better idea of what I might expect. I really can't wait to try everything out. It'll be tough to decide which to try first when I get my package.

I honestly expected to feel guilty for being such a shady lady, ordering everything in secret, but I don't. I feel like I might have just done something really good for myself, and for my relationship with my boyfriend.

I'm not exactly the most patient person, so I'll try to refrain from driving everyone batty while I wait the excruciating wait! Lol!

I hope so! I had trouble narrowing it down to a 'reasonable', affordable order. I so wanted to order a sampler of LAM & a few others - especially some of the perfume scents, but that stuff will have to wait until next time. But for the moment, I just can't wait until I can test-drive some of these! Unfortunately, they'll probably be arriving somewhere around the time that my schedule picks up at work.

Hi everybody!

Skye, I wanted to get Lumina, too but maybe I missed the sample? After reading the reviews for that one I'm itching to try it...

Halo, I wound up getting:

Garland & Lace

Portmanteau

Darling Clementine

Passion in PInk

Rocket Fuel

Extra-Curricular Proclivities

Far, Far Away

Cuddle Bunny 2009

Cougar Potion

Phero Girl

Sexology

Detective and the Dame

and Cops and Robbers

There are so many I want to try! It was tough to narrow it down. I decided in the end to go for all the phero perfumes. For the most part I tried to stick to the recommendations everyone gave.. I picked a few for me, like Passion in Pink, (because I love that little dog!), but for the most part, I just wanted a nice, rounded sampler, so I can at least get an idea of what will work. The only one I missed was Dangerous Games, but that's okay, because I think the 'dominance ' facotor might not be good in my situation. But I might try it next time... just for curiosity's sake.

I hope I made some good choices. I tried to read as many reviews as I could before I made any hard and fast decisions, but it made it even more difficult to choose because everything souonds really awesome! But I think that reading what everyone has had to say about all the different phero blends has given me a better idea of what I might expect. I really can't wait to try everything out. It'll be tough to decide which to try first when I get my package.

I honestly expected to feel guilty for being such a shady lady, ordering everything in secret, but I don't. I feel like I might have just done something really good for myself, and for my relationship with my boyfriend.

I'm not exactly the most patient person, so I'll try to refrain from driving everyone batty while I wait the excruciating wait! Lol!

passion in pink may very well be my favorite fragrance here. gooooood call!!!! :D

I'm so glad I've made some good choices. The next few weeks are going to suck while I wait for them! I'm way too excited - I have to find some things to distract myself, but I don't know what can possibly distract me now.

Crookedteeth, I like your picture! S'cute!

I think Phero Girl is not available as a sample if I remember correctly. I tried to order it on Thursday, but it says "not available". Let me know if you can order it or not :)

I just ordered Love Potion Pink, Extra-Curricular Proclivities, Love Blossoms and 1 more (I forget). Too many good stuff! But I am also saving money to study a master's degree.... Life is tough!