Luna's Coffee and a Cigarette

liz

OH Katz.....you're gonna wish you bought a FULL SZ BOTTLE !!!!

Sorry Luna, hope I'm not stealing your thunder :huh:

This is HEAVENLY !! I've not tried a coffee scent yet,

coffee not strong but there and the cream teasing in the background, light smoke ? anyway I LUV it !! Great scent :love:Luna !! like a lazy Sunday morning cup of coffee and a cigarette, Nicely done :thumb_up11:

On 1/23/2012 at 5:00 PM, liz said:
Sorry Luna, hope I'm not stealing your thunder

Oh no, I'm glad you like it!

I never have any original ideas for PEs, and this was basically a request to redo an existing PE, Beverly's Musky Coffee and Smoke, which I did think was a genius idea. And I believe I was the only one who got a bottle other than the originator. I wanted more of what it represented to me: warm skin with a smooth rich waft of creamy coffee and just the slightest wisp of smoke in the background. It put a scene in my mind of my muse sitting outside on a cold morning drinking coffee with the scent of woodsmoke on his clothes, but also the warmth of his skin underneath. And Mara told me she thought she could make it again fairly easy. But then I started to think about changing it a little, given how much I love Voracious, and so maybe a nudge towards the more obviously masculine, because while the original qualifies as boysmell to me, it's really unisex.

So I asked for the same Egyptian musk and creamy coffee accord, but instead of the woodsmoke accord I wanted her Cuban tobacco accord; I desired that smooth warmth but with a little more masculine depth. And it smells almost identical to the original at first but then it takes on an almost tonka bean-like quality for me. But it has the same mood that I absolutely love. There's a little bit of woodsmoke in it after all, she said, which comes out later, but it's not obviously smoky, it just adds another layer to the overall feel, I think.

And this is unisex too, really, a guy could certainly wear it because although it is creamy it's not too sweet. Mara came up with the name (and picked the adorable label image), because I wasn't sure what to call it, but yeah...it does remind me of how well caffeine and nicotine go together, scent-wise. Then again, I'm also the woman who has an obsessive unholy love for Down and Dirty for Him, which is basically the scent of scotch and cigars. :lol:

I don't know if there's any extra, other than Liz and katz and tyvey getting some, I tend to be rather selfish with my PEs, heh.

I don't know if there's any extra, other than Liz and katz and tyvey getting some, I tend to be rather selfish with my PEs, heh.

I would beg to dispute that.. but... *cough*

This is freaking sexy-yummy-hotness-yum-goooooooodstuff! I DO wish it was FB, I will have to hoard!

I have around 4 bottles left....mayyyybe 5. It's not bottled yet so I do not know for positive. Anything that's left over after that get's made into itty bitties that are randomly included as freebies with people's orders.

Anyone want to nab one of the remaining bottles?

I have not had time to post them on the PE page yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing this to bed every night (or nearly so) since I got it and one night I was standing in my son's room as he was getting ready for bed and he said, "Why do you smell like ice cream cones?" and I said, "Ice cream? Really?" and he replied, "No Mom, the cone." And so, not wanting to tell him what it really was I just said, "Because I like it, that's why!"

Last night as I put it on another thought came to me...like certain scents are coffee amber (Sungold Mocha, LP Homme), this is coffee musk. :wub:

Luna, this is amazing! I smell like a sexy espresso bean, the tobacco combined with it is magnetic. I honestly can't decide if I want to lick my arm or hump it. I would love an extra bottle of this to cop-ify or boost w Sexology. Or am I going to have to request my own version-of-Luna's-which-was-a-version-of-Beverly's?

So smooth. So comforting. So strangely uplifting. So not masculine.

There was a certain Italian cafe I used to visit fairly often when I was in grad school. You walk in and at once become immersed in the scents of all sorts of coffee--espresso, cappuccino, flavored or unflavored, with cream and sugar and without--and the tantalizing scent of baked goods wafting in the background. I don't recall anyone ever smoking in there, but let's say someone was, and not smoking a cigarette but rather a fine moderately sweet variety of pipe tobacco that veils the left corner of the place in its smoky haze. Where does the musk fit in? For me it would be the warmth of the cafe, both literal in the sense of the heat being a foil to the bitter February chill and the involved conversation of pepole sitting across from each other sharing laughs over checkered tablecloths and wiping the froth from their lips.

That, for me, is this scent.

l.jpg

Cute pic!

Not typically so, no. I guess for me it's more where my imagination goes when I smell it.

That warm skin scent--it's so sensual.

ETA: Just saw your post, Mara; thank you! :)

Edited by Invidiana

I can do this coffee art!! i do it at work all the time. I can also do a rosetta too

That is so cool! I love having pretty food in front of me, even if I'm a bit reluctant to mess it up by eating it at first. For some reason it makes me feel special when I eat something that could also make a good photo op.

Luna, it's funny how you and I have completely opposite notions of what means boysmell to us--mine is actually all the way on the other end of the spectrum since it's a cool rather than warm family of scents that triggers male associations. Aquatic cologne, aftershave and soapy skin is boysmell to me, probably because that's the kind of stuff I remember all my uncles and male cousins using when I was a kid, so I naturally associated that kind of smell with men.

Well there ya go...I didn't really have any significant male relationships until I was much older (raised solely by my mom and my grandmother) so I can see where my associations would be different from yours.

• 3 weeks later...

What's funny is that while this is supposed to be evocative of warm skin, on me, I smell it as a "cool" scent! I think it's the Egyptian musk. But anyways, I got this because the notes reminded me of the morning I woke up in the bed of the most delicious boy I have ever met, and sniffing this I'm reminded of that - the chill of early morning, coffee being brewed inside the house, the warm scent of his skin, and a lingering scent of cigarette smoke. Though this isn't quite the same as that - the coffee turns sweet, and I amp the musk in this, it's still a lovely reminder of some summer lovin' :love:

I'm so glad I snagged a bottle of this! I bet it would smell delish on him... :666:

This smells like a very expensive cup of coffee. It does have that Italian Cafe feel to it. There's a bit of a cool blueness to it, like night, but at the same time the warmth of the coffee note. It reminds me of a piroutte wafer. Fancy, crispy and delicious. The interesting thing about this one, is that it changes. It settles into a soft skin musk. I was like woah! It starts off as Sophisticated Lady in the Italian Coffee House ~coffee, steam, and the night swirling in the air, then she heads off to meet her lover who owns a cigar shop, they end up doing it in the humidifier room and they fall asleep, smelling like coffee, cigars, cream and sex.

This is OCCO COFFEE! This is the more experienced sister of Luna's Sungold Mocha.

It starts off as Sophisticated Lady in the Italian Coffee House ~coffee, steam, and the night swirling in the air, then she heads off to meet her lover who owns a cigar shop, they end up doing it in the humidifier room and they fall asleep, smelling like coffee, cigars, cream and sex.

That's a great image...I may have to steal that for some pr0n. :666:

This smells so good on Quince, and he actually liked it! I didn't tell him what it was called until after he'd had a chance to decide what he thought about it. He made a little frown and sniffed again and said it just smelled like someplace warm and smoky but he couldn't really recognize the coffee as coffee. He got nibbled a lot after I slathered him.

That's a great image...I may have to steal that for some pr0n. :666:

This smells so good on Quince, and he actually liked it! I didn't tell him what it was called until after he'd had a chance to decide what he thought about it. He made a little frown and sniffed again and said it just smelled like someplace warm and smoky but he couldn't really recognize the coffee as coffee. He got nibbled a lot after I slathered him.

I totally pictured you as the lady in the coffee shop leaving to meet the cigar man.. lol

This is a very sexy scent. It's like surprise sexy, because it doesn't start off like that. It becomes that later on.

I looove the dry down. It whispers naughty girl. Not too loud since she manages to straighten herself out afterwards, but if you get really close to her you can smell that she's been a bad little piroutte wafer.