OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

I normally run the other way from aquatics but I am really excited to smell it...I think I was influenced by my selkie tale just a little too much. :D

I know what you mean about aquatics although I do like Pendragon (isn't that an aquatic?)

Must have been your description that had me sold too. It is odd because as soon as I saw the picture with the name, there was something so familiar about it that it was like I was being called home somehow. Then when I saw the ingredients it sounded very interesting (been wanting to make a minty Men's scent but have been holding off) so I figured I'd go for a big bottle and hope it smells like something I'd wear. (Yeah, I realize how odd that whole thing might sound to some but I'm going to have to look into it further out of curiosity). *shrugs*

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Tho I did not completely buckle like 'Vidiana (jellus! how cool! I'm dying to do that one day, go the whole hog!) I did go for the monthly sample set...a bit of a splurge but they DO all sound intriguing! I'm *very* much drawn to the Seven Tears...(I used to wear CSP's Motu due to my love of the sea) and the combo of Marigold/Amaranth is intriguing...Prophetic Pie sounds so nommy, I've never sniffed Sugared Bonfire! AAAgh... I should have imploded my CC and ordered the Full Bottle Set!

ETA: HOLEY COW, DUDE! Luna's Epic Tale is now available to read:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/collection/CampfireTales/

Q. Do I wait to go home for a glass of wine, or do I plunge in NAO!?!

'Tho I did not completely buckle like 'Vidiana (jellus! how cool! I'm dying to do that one day, go the whole hog!) I did go for the monthly sample set...a bit of a splurge but they DO all sound intriguing! I'm *very* much drawn to the Seven Tears...(I used to wear CSP's Motu due to my love of the sea) and the combo of Marigold/Amaranth is intriguing...Prophetic Pie sounds so nommy, I've never sniffed Sugared Bonfire! AAAgh... I should have imploded my CC and ordered the Full Bottle Set!

ETA: HOLEY COW, DUDE! Luna's Epic Tale is now available to read:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/collection/CampfireTales/

Q. Do I wait to go home for a glass of wine, or do I plunge in NAO!?!

Luna's Epic Tale was fantastic to read, wait until you can devote your full attention to it! Maybe I like the Seven Tears story so much because I'm a sucker for tragic love stories. (My favorite song happens to be Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley).

Ordered full sz btls of Elixer of Silver, Lure of the Siren and S'More Then a Feeling (hope I like the chocolate in it), freebie samples of Marigold & Amaranth and Prophetic Pie (mmm.....Rhubarb Pie).

Since I am unemployed again....I kept it simple, a full bottle of Lure Of The Siren, Babe in the Woods & samples of LP Black & Jinx No More. Maybe next order I'll do a sample of Elixir of Silver. It intrigues me, but the Myrrh is a little scary. I would hate to have every thing be overwhelmed by powder.

must...not...spend...any...more...money...but had idea of doing a new sugared cardamom, with brown and vanilla sugars with a little amber so it doesn't fly away. {SELF CONTROL}

That sounds yummo. Of course the brown sugar would turn on me, but I would still have to try. Sugared cardamom was my first LP bottle ever.

I'm going to order Garland and Lace. I love sweet food scents and that one sounds so yummy. 019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif

umm...that's a GOOD one !

Hi bruiseviolet ! :Hug_emoticon:

eta: Bruiseviolet...there's a trivia contest tomorrow afternoon, join us and you might win a FREE bottle of this month's NEW RELEASES !!

Edited by liz

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered Puppified Strawberries, Goosebumps, and Elixir of Silver.....Can't wait.

Sungold Mocha and Pom Pom Nom Nom for sure, and probably some samples of Marigold and Amaranth and Ghostbumps.

I want Robert's Attacked in the Stacks w/a boost, probably EoW (or maybe B2??? hmm), and I need LP Red (which for reasons I cannot begin to fathom didn't like when I first started here but now adore)...

The following from August release sound extremely tempting:

Areion Skye

Elan Vitale

Sarasvati: Creativity Potion

Liquid Fluorite

Pom Pom Nom Nom

Will have to sleep over it as I believe I have already collected about 80 bottles in 3 months.

Just got big bottles of Vicars & Tarts, Teacher's Pest, Caramel Sutra and Sungold Mocha plus, for my 2 forum samples, Pom Pom Nom Nom (carnation usually doesn't like me but this is sugary so we'll see) and Areion Skye. I can't wait! :)

I happened to see the sale... I really went overboard! This is why I've been trying to stay away from this lovely board of enablers and irresistible smellies. :lol:

I got one bottle each of the following: Fayha; Morning of Glory; Mothership; Scarlet Silk; Siren's Serenade; Amy's P3; Maxine of Arc's Tarty Spiced Pear; The Good Witch; Bloomin' Naughty; Call of the Moon; Dangerous Games; Eternal Chain; Focus Pocus.

I shouldn't have, since I quit my job and haven't found a new one yet... I'm starting grad school in about a week, too, and going to a new city.

... But it was a SALE! :sock puppet shaking no ha: Also, I couldn't pass up on the Focus Pocus, given how nervous I am about the workload in grad school. And I couldn't pass up on the other ones because... I wanted them.

It's gonna be SEXY or my name isn't L-u-n-a, that spells moon! :lol:

OMG DH & I do that to each other all the time: And that spells moon!

I think I might sneak in a couple bottles of past favorites but the monthly sampler calls to me...I gotta be careful tho b/c my vacay is suckin up the cash.

@ Rosebud

(ripped from SALE thread)

* 2 monthly freebie samples; Liquid Fluorite and Vicars & Tarts (if any are unavailable then Elixir of Silver, Whoopsie Daisycake or Elixir of Woody Delights)

Rosebud Dear, I knew what you meant but you made me crack up anyway ! :lol:B)

@ Rosebud

(ripped from SALE thread)

* 2 monthly freebie samples; Liquid Fluorite and Vicars & Tarts (if any are unavailable then Elixir of Silver, Whoopsie Daisycake or Elixir of Woody Delights)

Rosebud Dear, I knew what you meant but you made me crack up anyway ! :lol:B)

I thought that was cute too

I´m considering to order loads from the sales thread, but I can´t seem to find a complete List of scent description and it drives me mad to think, I may be missing out on something I might really like. Can anybody point me somewhere I could find out what most things of the sale list smell like?

On another note, does the forum hate firefox? I can only type stuff in the fast reply box. I can´t type anything if I try to open a new thread or when I click "Add Reply" stupid box won´t let me type. *pouts*

I´m considering to order loads from the sales thread, but I can´t seem to find a complete List of scent description and it drives me mad to think, I may be missing out on something I might really like. Can anybody point me somewhere I could find out what most things of the sale list smell like?

Try here: Sold Out Scents. This is where I found a lot of things I didn't see anywhere else.

Hope it helps, I'd hate for someone to miss out on goodies LOL.

Luna! Hi and good morning! Have you ever read 'The Stand'? Thats what your post sounded like....

I want Teachers Pest, Pom Nom Nom, Caramel Sutra and Honeyed Lilac.......is Pie in the Sky GGG? I still wants it.....

PS-Gah. I seem to be in the wrong thread. But Kovvy, you got some NICE perfumes comin your way. Don't regret spendin the dough. Like ya said it's a SALE and those are all awesome Especially, IMO, Mothership(lemon chocolate cookies and milk!), Morning of Glory(reminds of Bluebells, great for the start of the day, hence the name), and Bloomin Naughty(Cheesy loves lilac.....). Ya done good!

Edited by cheeseburger79

Hey Leadcrow! What scents are you curious about on the sale list? I bet I can give you the notes your after on those... :lol:

Ya see, I'm a product reviewer in general...I has a blog coming! And I own most of the sale scents already.

I don't thinnnnk LP hates Firefox, but try internet explorer, I know it can be glitchy, but thats what I use for this site with no trouble.

Edited by cheeseburger79

Luna! Hi and good morning! Have you ever read 'The Stand'? Thats what your post sounded like....

Several times. That was the reference exactly. :lol:

I can't believe it. I've ordered 38 bottles from the sale and I've ordered 15 bottles just 2 weeks ago.

I can't decide if I should order a couple of bottles of:

Piia's Candied Violet & Musk (which is so beautiful)

Black Candy (which I haven't tried)

Dark Seduction II (I told Mara previously that this scent doesn't agree with me and I have to take that back) &

another bottle of Dark Seduction III

How long will these perfume oil last if they are kept in a cool and dark place? I assume the flora and fruity ones will not keep as well as the amber and honey ones.

I think Mara told us the typical shelf life was five years, more or less? I have oil-based fragrances which are about that old and still smell fine to me, so I guess it depends on the type and the circumstances of storage. Resins last longer, true, but the only type of note I know which decays faster than others is citrus.

When she told me about the sale I started laughing (partly out of fear) because I had just made a sale order and thought about how much more there still was to get. I think I said, "You win, okay?" :lol:

Edited by luna65

When she told me about the sale I started laughing (partly out of fear) because I had just made a sale order and thought about how much more there still was to get. I think I said, "You win, okay?" :lol:

I think I haven't ordered many scents with citrus since I'm still very much a flora musk (white musk, I think) and starting to like amber and honey. Besides, I intend to give some of these bottles away as presents.

Do you think Black Candy will agree with my nose? I don't find Dark Seduction II dark. I like the way it leaves a rose trail on my skin.

You're doing fine at this sale, Luna. I see that you have only ordered a couple of bottles.

If you're being facetious then that gets a big :blink:.

I think if you like a dark floral and you're okay with anise then you should enjoy Black Candy, it's really dependent on how it works with your chemistry. Anise and violet don't work on me, but I do enjoy others with anise, like Naughty Minx and White Licorice.

Oh, thanks a lot july girl, that list help me out some. Picked a few (lot)more things I want. Bless your enabler heart. ^^

Ohhh, and cheeseburger79: Thanks for the offer, but I have raided through the list now and got a lot more, thanks to the descriptions. I´m getting poorer by the second. I´ll tell them to close up my order now, so I won´t be tempted.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered the monthly sampler, but I WANT to order full sixe btls of LP:Autumnal Equinox 2010, Risen, Candle in the Wind, Haunted Hallows and Verhext, AND a few bath bombs

I ordered the monthly sampler, but I WANT to order full sixe btls of LP:Autumnal Equinox 2010, Risen, Candle in the Wind, Haunted Hallows and Verhext, AND a few bath bombs

I ordered a bottle of I Scream For Halloween,samples of Flying Potion,LP Autumnal Equinox 2010 and Candle In The Wind...I soooo wanted to get more full bottles too,but I want to save for the all Phero month,and I spent some at the sale... :P

I'm so screwed this month...I didn't realize how many scents sneaked by me.

I'm definitely getting bottles of Autumnal Equinox & I Scream for Halloween. I'm deciding whether I need bottles of Flying Potion and Blue Corn Girl. I think the Corn Girl name is throwing me off. It's supposed to be sweet, but the name yells corn...I need to think Oidhche Shamnha (I totally spelled that right!). :P

I'm getting at least 16 samples, couple scrubs of the month, couple bath bombs, and a couple fragrance oils (Autumnal and Scream scented).

Did I mention how screwed I was this month? :lol: