OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, so when the new releases came out, I said that ALL I was buying was a full bottle of TAIL, some BAM with the woods & resins, and a few samples. WHEW....

WELL, today I decided that I had to have a full bottle of Money Honey and some LAM with the woods & resins.....what am I doing to my poor credit card? ^_^

OK, so when the new releases came out, I said that ALL I was buying was a full bottle of TAIL, some BAM with the woods & resins, and a few samples. WHEW....

WELL, today I decided that I had to have a full bottle of Money Honey and some LAM with the woods & resins.....what am I doing to my poor credit card? ^_^

omg those were the two choices i had to give up last week

(exactly....weird....)

im beginning to cave and i have to do some trading to make this all right in my head,LOL

Seriously - liberal arts major. This requires my neurons to focus on something that isn't a strength - like tap dancing in moon boots. You can do it - it just isn't pretty.

LOL, I'm rather lopsided like that too. I think that's why I've always ended up with science/technical types because I am interested in those things but I ultimately have a hard time understanding them unless someone talks to me like I'm a three-year-old. :D

*dreamy sigh* I love Chandler Burr. There are very few people, to my mind, who are as compelling on the subject of scent.

Edited by luna65

WELL, today I decided that I had to have a full bottle of Money Honey and some LAM with the woods & resins.....what am I doing to my poor credit card? :D

I got a full bottle of Tail and BAM (orchid and rose). Going with a sample of Money Honey. Then I'm getting the Legacy Edition of Remind Me Again, which is just TOOOO cool for words. And I think I need to break down and buy a scent locket.

Ah I've had one of those before, never thought about using scent with them, do you just put the smallest drop of the scent you want and let it dry? And how do you clean them?

Edited by Femmefatale

I douse a cotton pad with scent and put it in. When I'm done i wipe it out with some alcohol if I still get lingering scent. Sometimes I don't need to. I have a scent locket ring I LOVE. I know I look like I am doing coke or something with my ring always open and my nose always in it!

Cool, I like that one.

Hey, Shelly B - what about Lascivious Peach?

Works for me! I'm just dying to get my hands on it! Mara - is it the tonquin? The Chandler Burr readers are all wondering?

Thanks again!!!

Just dropping a note with my recent order...

-LAM: Pink Amber

-LAM: Spicy Brown Sugar

-BAM: Sandalwood & Resins

-Christine's Tropical Musk

-Christine's Tropical Musk in a Shea Butter body cream

and something else that I just can't quite recall...

I have a scent locket ring I LOVE. I know I look like I am doing coke or something with my ring always open and my nose always in it!

I have one of those too....I love my little scent ring.....especially since I talk with my hands a lot and people get little whiffs.....I had one woman phsically grab my hand while I was in mid-sentence and stick it to her nose, saying....I thought that was your ring that I was smelling!

omg those were the two choices i had to give up last week

(exactly....weird....)

You and I are on the "same page", I guess.....LOL....

Works for me! I'm just dying to get my hands on it! Mara - is it the tonquin? The Chandler Burr readers are all wondering?

There wasn't Tonquin in it before, but there is now! So there's 4 animal musks in there now.

:ferret6:

There wasn't Tonquin in it before, but there is now! So there's 4 animal musks in there now.

:ferret6:

LOVE you! LOVE you! Love Mara and Dana! (Dances - badly - almost Gollum like - but with clothes. Seriously - the Gollum did NOT look appealing in his mostly naked self. And I have enough self assurance and dignity to tell you I am NO half naked Gollum. Except I can't dance.)

See Luna/CC - Tonquin added! (Seriously - how do you not read Chandler Burr and want to experience Tonquin?!)

Welcome to the sweaty, dirty sexy "Indecent Peach!" Rubs hands together - can't wait til the Stamps.com notice comes! And the magic of schmearing a whole ton on.

MMMMMMM. Let the Games Begin!!!!

(Seriously - how do you not read Chandler Burr and want to experience Tonquin?!)

I KNOW, RIGHT?! :wub:

I actually went and bought some after I read the book just to see if I got the same impression. I couldn't take it straight, though. I had to apply it to something and let it dry several days before I could get near it, but then? Oh baaaaby!

Edited by luna65

I gave it a shoutout in "Smells Like Fucking," sorta. :wub:

...one of the most astounding smells you will ever experience. It is, to put it most precisely, the rich, thick scent of the anus of a clean man combined with the smells of his warm skin, his armpits sometime around midday, the head of his ripely scented uncircumcised penis (a trace of ammonia), and the sweetish, nutty, acrid visceral smell of his breath.
Edited by luna65

I KNOW, RIGHT?! :wub:

I actually went and bought some after I read the book just to see if I got the same impression. I couldn't take it straight, though. I had to apply it to something and let it dry several days before I could get near it, but then? Oh baaaaby!

ROFLMAO! Luna - I can't take it straight either.

Can you just imagine that worn to the office? - "Ummm Shelly?! You smell like men's armpit or anus. Do you have something you need to share with everyone?"

FYI.

I. AM. NOT. EVER. HAVING. THAT. CONVERSATION. DID I say Ever?!!!

But Tonquin as a note in something? MMMMMMhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm.

Sighs happily.

OMG, I think I am this BRAVE sexual pioneer because I love a little *ss smell like in Sexology, or Naughty Sweet and Dirty, but you guys have taken it to the FINAL fronteer. Hell, I feel like a VIRGIN! Bring it home ladies! :wub:

TG - I laughed so hard I almost don't know where to start.

OK - I love Sexology even MORE than my next FAVE - Sugared Honeycomb. Sexology makes me want to PURR. I applied a BUCKET load on my way home tonight. And NSD - it's one of my customs but still - I could go dirtier. :-) Which was the hope with the new custom. Even dirtier than NSD. Grrrrr.

See the following from the late, lamented Sexology Description:

CIVIT, TONQUIN AND BLACK MUSKS ~ Self confidence and strength, extreme sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.

HONEY and HONEYCOMB (3 kinds) ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

So the new custom sugared has 4 animalic musks (versus the official 3 in Sexology) including - God Bless Mara - the fabled Tonquin and Kitty (Civit). But instead of Cinnamon - the new one contains darkest honey and ripest peach. If I could have figured out how to get ambergris in it? I'd have 6 bottles on order and the rest of you could just discuss the fabled and rapidly sold out Indescent Peach as you lamented the dregs of the tiny sniffies. Not to be a witch - but seriously.

Which I may still do - once the first two bottles of the new custom sugared arrive and I can test them on my own skin chemistry. I'm getting crabby coming to the end of my HAM supply. Particularly as it's totally become my signature scent. I even overheard someone say in the hall the other day...."I really need Shelly's advice on...wait. Smell that. No worries. I smell her fab perfume. Shelly is BACK from the other meeting Let's just get the answer directly..."

If they only new what was coming soon - smelly butt undertones or not. TG - with a little honey - you can smell darn near anything. And like it. I said smell, not EAT.

Sheesh. <back to ROLFMAO>

OK - I love Sexology even MORE than my next FAVE - Sugared Honeycomb. Sexology makes me want to PURR. I applied a BUCKET load on my way home tonight. And NSD - it's one of my customs but still - I could go dirtier. :-) Which was the hope with the new custom. Even dirtier than NSD. Grrrrr.

I figured your goal with NSD was to have a simpler version of Sexology, and it definitely has that vibe. It will be interesting to see how the peach and the honey act with the musks in Lascivious Peach...what the evocative qualities will be.

I figured your goal with NSD was to have a simpler version of Sexology, and it definitely has that vibe. It will be interesting to see how the peach and the honey act with the musks in Lascivious Peach...what the evocative qualities will be.

Well - I am hoping the honey sweetens up the musks and that the peach just gives a ripe, sexy fruity touch. Thinking the basis of Sexology but more summery. At least for me - as much as I like cinnamon - I like it more for the colder months. I am anxious to get my hands on this and see how it has come out. :-)

I really love musks and honey together. And when August comes - will be snatching up Honey'Ho and Oohh by the bucket as well

That sound awsome.I hope I atleast get one of those little sniffies.

Tee

Oh crap. You may get more than that. The DH just got the Amex bill. Well - this will be a long night.

Ponders why his stuff is not in a box to the left, to the left. Again.

Well, Shelly,with a descriptor like that for Tonquin musk, I can't WAIT to see the photo M & D select for your bottle. :rolleyes: with a little ;)

Alright ladies -

join me in an inhale/exhale!

K - now that we're done with that...

Civit and Tonquin - straight - would just about kill you. BUT - at very diluted amounts - added to a fragrance - serve a number of key functions. They extend the sillage (throw) and for whatever reason - make them smell fabulous. Don't get me started. I wouldn't think I'd want to smell A** either. I've changed diapers on two different children through potty training - and if you asked I'd have said NO.

But for whatever crazy, not truly evolved, lower brain-stem caused response - I defy you to smell them, used well in scent - to tell me they aren't fab.

Unless of course - you are an Issey Miyake fan. In which case you like non-scent scents and you shouldn't be whiffing animalics. No judgements - there's something out there for everybody.

And me? Animalics all the way baby. I only like Nymph when I'm at work and I want some totally inoffensive scent that no one is going to tell the floor scent police I'm wearing something other than soap. I'd like to be kidding. But I am not. Sorry - there are signs on my floor that indicate anyone past this point - no deoderant and no scented laundry detergents. So when I say police - I'm not kidding.

But when I hit the car to go home? Apply the animalics. Inhale. Exhale. And breathe in my own fabulous self. All the way home. It's evolution. (This is not a religious argument - if you disagree - oh please, please - spare me. :-) I promise you won't redeem my soul or change my mind. So save us both the aggravation, inhale, and give me just a little grace. I promise - I try to do the same for you.)

My lower brain stem wants to get busy. And it likes Animalics (and Pheros). And I'm inclined to let my lower brain stem have it's way. The fact that I can select animalics (natural or synthetic?! Meh. I'd like humane - really I would - but I want to smell good) and pheros here at LP - AWESOME. And combined? Even better. The late, lamented Sexology was AWESOME. I'd wear it by the gallon if I could - although it did have B-Nol and that is not my natural preference. In a perfect world - it would be an A-Nol Shelly party. But I believe I have mentioned - honestly repeatedly - that I'm not omnipotent, I get that, so a B-Nol version versus an A-Nol version - is almost totally irrelevant in the face of "I like how it smells."

And Sexology - it smelled AWESOME. And DIRTY. And lush. So, so sad it was a finite scent. But that's the breaks of falling in love with a niche perfumier's product right? Love it and buy as much as you can - or buy some, love it, and hate yourself forever for missing out when the last drops of bottle go the way of all last two drops.

Edited by Shelly B

Shelly,

I could NEVER work where you work...a day without scent is dull and lifeless. I need to be surrounded by scent, not a** scent, but beautiful natural scents. When I say a**, I don't mean animalistic (I'm all for that), I mean nasty, unwashed smells. Those can stay home. Eww!

You're a crazy, wild woman and I admire that. :001_302: Keep the great scent ideas comin'!

Umm..Not that I'm getting at anything >_> But I suggest those wishing for a possible rebrewing of Scented Sexology should ahh..Post their requests in the Back By Popular Demand Thread..

Just saying..Don't read anything into it.. ^_~

Blessings

Ail )O(