OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone else sitting on their hands until the sale starts? 😆

Plans so far

OCCOs:

Mocha

Orange Droolious

Raspberry Rhapsody 

Buttercream Lemon

may add Sandalwood, Sage, and Myrrh and OCCO: White to the list

13 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

Plans so far

OCCOs:

Mocha

Orange Droolious

Raspberry Rhapsody 

Buttercream Lemon

Absolutely! I have been resisting ordering early all day. Last year, I panic ordered before the sale, then realized that I should have waited. I am contemplating getting a full set because I like everything except for possibly the Resinate because of the patchouli. Unsniffed, I think that Butterscotch is my favorite.  I am thinking about a bottle of OCCO Ambrosia, too because I don't have a bottle of the 2018 one - just a sample. 

Edited by Kayla
Darn autocorrect!

15 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

Plans so far

OCCOs:

Mocha

Orange Droolious

Raspberry Rhapsody 

Buttercream Lemon

YESSSS ! I am literally driving myself mad with it...no joke, I have like spreadsheets going, kinda like ' Here's my order if THIS scent will be included on the free list & I'm in time to claim it, here's a list if they don't have that scent but if they have this other scent, etc, etc...because I am ordering like 5 of the new OCCO's & I want to coordinate different scents with them 🤣 My original plan was  to set aside $100 for the sale. Then, the new OCCO list came out, I'm like okay, I'll up that to $150. Nope, now I'm up to $250 🤣 With spreadsheets & all kinds of different lists. I feel like I'm losing it, lol. But it's also so exciting ! Your OCCO list is badass, btw ! I'm doing orange & the raspberry too, plus Lavender Buttercream, Butterscotch & cherry. Among other things. 

8 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Absolutely! I have been resisting ordering early all day. Last year, I panic ordered before the sale, then realized that I should have waited. I am contemplating getting a full set because I like everything except for possibly the Resinate because of the patchouli. Unsniffed, I think that Butterscotch is my favorite.  I am thinking about a bottle of OCCO Ambrosia, too because I don't have a bottle of the 2018 one - just a sample. 

I knew the sale was coming & still ordered 3 bottles in the past month & I'm kicking myself now, so I feel ya on that

29 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

UUUHHHH, I was..... then well what had happened was....  i had been stalking supplies and I didn't want to take a chance on missing out so last night at about midnight......

And I ordered a pair of new shoes which I desperate need because  I need to wear tennisshoes most of the time - I did get free shipping b/c I had to order them from The kolls kiosk and they were cheaper than all the other stores

So the level I was planning to buy is in jeopardy 

46 minutes ago, StrawberryKitten said:

YESSSS ! I am literally driving myself mad with it...no joke, I have like spreadsheets going, kinda like ' Here's my order if THIS scent will be included on the free list & I'm in time to claim it, here's a list if they don't have that scent but if they have this other scent, etc, etc...because I am ordering like 5 of the new OCCO's & I want to coordinate different scents with them 🤣 My original plan was  to set aside $100 for the sale. Then, the new OCCO list came out, I'm like okay, I'll up that to $150. Nope, now I'm up to $250 🤣 With spreadsheets & all kinds of different lists. I feel like I'm losing it, lol. But it's also so exciting ! Your OCCO list is badass, btw ! I'm doing orange & the raspberry too, plus Lavender Buttercream, Butterscotch & cherry. Among other things. 

I knew the sale was coming & still ordered 3 bottles in the past month & I'm kicking myself now, so I feel ya on that

Every sale I have the amount I tell myself I'm planning to spend, then secret amount in the back of my head that I'm actually going to spend, which is usually about $100 more. The sale is too tempting to resist. I keep a running list throughout the year of things I'm waiting to buy until the sale. 

14 hours ago, StrawberryKitten said:

I have like spreadsheets going, kinda like ' Here's my order if THIS scent will be included on the free list & I'm in time to claim it, here's a list if they don't have that scent but if they have this other scent, etc, etc

I just made a spreadsheet   with everything i want to order  - (I added the tax and possible shipping cost if I get a mystery box )

My order really depends on what items are available as gifts  -  Do I buy everything I want -?  

So now I'm trying to prioritize according to the "IF Factor"  

I've decided I need a full bottle set of the new OCCOs and I'm going to pick up a sample set for a friend as a surprise who I know will love them! And I want to get a mystery box but I don't know what kind??? Help! I'm torn between shiney things or sweet things - which should I get??? 😲

On 7/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, greenappletart said:

Every sale I have the amount I tell myself I'm planning to spend, then secret amount in the back of my head that I'm actually going to spend, which is usually about $100 more. The sale is too tempting to resist. I keep a running list throughout the year of things I'm waiting to buy until the sale. 

LOL @ the secret amount in your head......I'm the same way 🤣

10 hours ago, raydee8_love said:

I just made a spreadsheet   with everything i want to order  - (I added the tax and possible shipping cost if I get a mystery box )

My order really depends on what items are available as gifts  -  Do I buy everything I want -?  

So now I'm trying to prioritize according to the "IF Factor"  

I'm glad I'm not the only one ! 

Just now, raydee8_love said:

thanks - eastwood made me panic ...lol

You'll see it start to populate and it will be locked until everything is posted.  The perfumes are broken into categories so you can find them more easily. 

1 minute ago, Kayla said:

You'll see it start to populate and it will be locked until everything is posted.  The perfumes are broken into categories so you can find them more easily. 

wow awesome - i cant wait 

lpmp is fabulous

35 minutes ago, raydee8_love said:

thanks - eastwood made me panic ...lol

Sorry. Assume everything I say is meant in jest. 

On 8/1/2019 at 12:58 PM, raydee8_love said:

well i'm on the edge of my seat  and i'm going to be away from my computer  for about 2 hours soon - uggghh

Last year I somehow destroyed the charger cable for my MacBook prepping for the sale. 

@raydee8_love everything is going to be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then the sale isn't yet done.

@halo0073 if I had to choose between lemon and orange, I'd lean lemon, because it lasts longer on me. But I didn't choose, I just got both,  but I know you're getting almond, too!

37 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Last year I somehow destroyed the charger cable for my MacBook prepping for the sale

OH NO !!!!! 

I found the sale exhausting..... I wonder how the potion master does it !!! 

6 minutes ago, raydee8_love said:

OH NO !!!!! 

I found the sale exhausting..... I wonder how the potion master does it !!! 

I found the lead up to the sale the most exhausting, lol. Then, once it started ( I was lucky enough to be on here already ) I was excited, but in a very panicked way, lol. I imagined literally everything being claimed within like an hour or something crazy like that, but it's good to know that next year, I can be a bit more relaxed about it & know how it works. I feel just incredibly relieved now & super excited go get my package in the future. I know EXACTLY what you mean about PM, I would go literally insane trying to keep track of everyone's stuff. She really is amazing on so many levels !

2 minutes ago, StrawberryKitten said:

( I was lucky enough to be on here already ) I was excited, but in a very panicked way, lol. I imagined literally everything being claimed within like an hour or something crazy like that,

I thought the exact same thing  - was just imagining Bridal Dress sales with women pushing and shoving and claiming territory  or Walmart Black Friday. Plus I snagged some TV's of Ivory Cats Silken Glow - I felt so lucky !!! 

Yes, I agree the Potion Master is amazing !!!!!

@raydee8_love I was cool once I realized it was charger cable, I had been careless and was leaving cord laying across everyone's path, because I "needed" to keep it fully recharged for all that "refreshing." I was much more worried about it at the time because it was still plugged in and it died, I didn't know it had stopped working hours before. So I believed that I killed my laptop, not the cord, from hitting refresh and staring at the screen too intently! 

I think the sale started maybe 7pm-ish, or later, when it started. And @Potion Master, were you moving or something, and you kept adding more things? So it felt really important to stay on top of the sale. And then I had something crazy happening where my emails weren't getting to the shop from my phone somehow, "broken laptop" be damned. Mercury was in retrograde last August and was being a real show-off. 

4 hours ago, raydee8_love said:

I thought the exact same thing  - was just imagining Bridal Dress sales with women pushing and shoving and claiming territory  or Walmart Black Friday. Plus I snagged some TV's of Ivory Cats Silken Glow - I felt so lucky !!! 

Yes, I agree the Potion Master is amazing !!!!!

Welllllll it was kinda like that in years past. It’s much more chill these days as there are less people here and soooo much more offered in the Sale than what used to be available.

4 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Welllllll it was kinda like that in years past. It’s much more chill these days as there are less people here and soooo much more offered in the Sale than what used to be available.

This is such a great community of people! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. 

Recovered from the flu and thinking about scents now that my nose works again. I reserved a bottle of Winter in the Tropics and I'm trying to decide between that and Themyscira. I love love love LFM, but I don't always like florals and I have no idea what gardenia smells like. And I already know I like Themyscira from a sniffie...
But there's ONLY ONE BOTTLE of Winter in the Tropics and what if I miss out?? Ahh, life is soooo hard - choosing between two great scents for my free bottle... ;) (Thanks so much to Mara for the sale! This is incredible!)

On 8/3/2019 at 9:10 PM, Kayla said:

This is such a great community of people! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. 

Agreed 100%!

I FINALLY figured out my sale order. It’s always always more complicated than a regular order because of my discount ( not complaining ). So I have to order odd amounts of things. And at this point this many years in I’m soooo picky about what I buy bottles of. I get every sample we release for my job so it’s always bottles. Then this year was really tricky because I always smell all new releases before ordering them ( for 8 years now) but due to the shorter sale this year and the fact that most of my order were new occos i had to order blind and it really really threw me for a loop. So my order is:

OCCO Buttercream Lavender 

OCCO Mocha 

OCCO Lemon Buttercream 

OCCO Creamy Almond

Coquin ( last minute decision )

Ascension ( Also last minute) 

Chakra Heart 

all bottles 

freebies :

Baby Boo

Z-Day ( last minute surprise decision)

and I’ll get my OCCO sampler and my mystery box! 

I am actually sooooo excited about this order. More excited than I have been in several years 

Apparently I am making up for the last two years and ordering the store...

Occos Mocha, Creamy  Almond, Lemon Buttercream, Lavender Buttercream, Raspberry Rhapsody

full bottle set now of all Chakras with backup bottle of Heart

Gargoyle Gargle

Butterscream Lemon

Cougar Potion Panther

Madeline's Hot Memphis Nights

Hauntings spray boosted with CB (soooo sad no Gotcha! but ah well)

Undercover Lover spray

Fairy Cakes -- oatmeal, pumpkin, lavender, lemon, rose, strawberry

and my mystery boxes, over which I am quite frankly losing my mind with excited anticipation -- a Black Cat box and two spells

It's good to be back!!!!

I'm now waiting on the new OCCO trial set,

FB's of the OCCO's Butterscotch, Lavender Buttercream, Buttercream Lemon, Orange Droolicious, and back-ups of last year's OCCO's Pineapple & Midnight. Also ordered back-ups of Unbeleafable and Veridian Muse for my man, plus back-ups of Drive By Fruiting and Soliloquy of Lady Macbeth for me. 

Besides the new OCCO's, the new-to-me bottles I'm excited to try are Alexi Relaxi, the latest PCMP's and Ebil-ish, (although I've had trials and previous incarnations) Kissed By the Sun, and Sally's Daytime Elegance. I'm not trying nearly as much new stuff as I did last year, but I'm feeling confident they will all be winners!

45 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

What is Alexi Relaxi? Is that a delightful autocorrect or am I missing something? I’m missing something I bet. 

A  gift PE I made for my god daughter Alexi when she was having a meltdown a couple months ago. It's just simple and comforting. She loves it. I had to work on it so fast I even reused an old label image.

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/711510472/alexi-relaxi-pheromone-enhanced

@luna65 and @halo0073, the name caught my eye when someone reserved it in the sale thread, I think @greenappletart? It's on the Etsy site. So I saw the notes and really I should drink Teddy BB by the gallon, so it was an obvious choice. 

From the sale 

Full bottle of UN LFM Oil based 

Small bottle of UN Popularity Oil based

Full bottle Gravenstein Oil based

Sugar Coconut 

What I have arriving today (SUPER EXCITED) 

Moondust Cocoa 

Lina’s Mama Lion

And now I’m going to email to see if I can pay for a personal scent on top of the ones I’m ordering, in LOVE with this store!!!! 🤸🏾‍♀️

Just now, Blackgirlmagic said:

From the sale 

Full bottle of UN LFM Oil based 

Small bottle of UN Popularity Oil based

Full bottle Gravenstein Oil based

Sugar Coconut 

What I have arriving today (SUPER EXCITED) 

Moondust Cocoa 

Lina’s Mama Lion

And now I’m going to email to see if I can pay for a personal scent on top of the ones I’m ordering, in LOVE with this store!!!! 🤸🏾‍♀️

Oops and I forgot Aja is also on her way to my house today!!!!!🤸🏾‍♀️

21 hours ago, Potion Master said:

A  gift PE I made for my god daughter Alexi when she was having a meltdown a couple months ago. It's just simple and comforting. She loves it. I had to work on it so fast I even reused an old label image.

Ooh nice! I knew I was missing something. Sounds very comforting.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:50 PM, Eastwood22 said:

@luna65 and @halo0073, the name caught my eye when someone reserved it in the sale thread, I think @greenappletart? It's on the Etsy site. So I saw the notes and really I should drink Teddy BB by the gallon, so it was an obvious choice. 

Yes, that was probably me. It wasn't on the sale list, but with limited numbers available I wanted to make sure I reserved a bottle. I posted my entire list of things w/ limited numbers because I panicked as soon as the sale opened, lol. I was afraid of missing out. I was so much more organized last year when we could see the list before it opened. 

I think they were posted to the website not too long before the sale started because I only noticed it when I was checking what I wanted. Those PEs sort of slipped in unnoticed. There were a couple of things that were either rebrews or scents where a few bottles must have been found, because I hadn't seen them in that section for a while. Plus a couple of new ones. I had my list planned when suddenly there were all these new choices. I was in a tizzy of last minute revisions.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:49 PM, Potion Master said:

At first I thought it was a rebrew of something older. The pinup labels were before my time, but I've seen them floating around. I was confused why I couldn't find any reviews, but it looked so good I was willing to take a chance. Now I understand why and everything makes a lot more sense. I'm glad you were able to help her. Even beyond the perfume, it's good she has people around who care and are there to offer support.

Yep Mara loaded the backlog of PEs to Etsy before the sale. I just didn’t know there were any I didn’t know about and I guess I forgot to look. I usually do regularly to just always know inventory but that one slipped by me.