OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

I'm trying it!  (The Alexi Relax)  this is perfect for me right now.  So great (not)  that I missed the sale, and now I'm shopping again.  Timing is everything.🤨

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s 💕 LOVE!!!!  Alexi Relax is a gorgeous sandalwood/vanilla musk scent!  

I had such high hopes for Sensual Harmony, but, the ying lang was just too much for me. 

This would pair pair nicely with last year’s Sandalwood Musk OCCO. 

@Potion Master  this is unique, and I’d love to see it offered more permanently, perhaps without photo. 

2 hours ago, Eve said:

I had such high hopes for Sensual Harmony, but, the ying lang was just too much for me. 

@Potion Master  this is unique, and I’d love to see it offered more permanently, perhaps without photo. 

@Potion Master it's not a bad idea! I really like this Alexi too!

On 8/31/2019 at 1:47 PM, Eve said:

I just placed an order for this based on how much you and @Eastwood22 liked it. The ylang in Sensual  Harmony didn't work with my skin chemistry either, which is strange,  because I usually love it.  It must have been the combination of the notes. Anyway, I can't wait to get it and wear it for bedtime when I'm feeling stressed.

@Kayla I hope you like it! Sensual Harmony wasn't my jam, either. I do love ylang ylang but not many flowers appeal to me these days. I think the perfume road narrows with time. When I was in HS I loved YSL's Paris, totally rose heavy, and I once loved Fracas, which is tuberose heavy, but it has to compete with a lot of jasmine. I'd get an immediate headache with either now. I'm sure that even if Mara formulated something with the same range of notes I still wouldn't want to wear them. 

I admit that I first grabbed onto Fracas because Madonna declared it as her favorite. Here's some interesting perfume history trivia about the FEMALE nose behind Fracas:

" Cellier was a known eccentric and perfumer, which meant hanging out with Jean Cocteau and doing interesting perfumer things such as stealing models' underwear so that she could “smell the best of their femininity' "

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Kayla I hope you like it! Sensual Harmony wasn't my jam, either. I do love ylang ylang but not many flowers appeal to me these days. I think the perfume road narrows with time. When I was in HS I loved YSL's Paris, totally rose heavy, and I once loved Fracas, which is tuberose heavy, but it has to compete with a lot of jasmine. I'd get an immediate headache with either now. I'm sure that even if Mara formulated something with the same range of notes I still wouldn't want to wear them. 

I admit that I first grabbed onto Fracas because Madonna declared it as her favorite. Here's some interesting perfume history trivia about the FEMALE nose behind Fracas:

" Cellier was a known eccentric and perfumer, which meant hanging out with Jean Cocteau and doing interesting perfumer things such as stealing models' underwear so that she could “smell the best of their femininity' "

I'm not a floral gal either, except for lavender, ylang, and a few other softer florals.  I can wear tuberose sometimes depending upon what it's blended with. Rose is horrible on me, and I avoid it at all costs!

• 5 weeks later...

Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!

I haven't ordered my trials yet, and stupid me, I asked my man if he wanted a bottle of either Autumn or Force de Poivre. His response? "I dunno, we can decide tonight, I'll let you smell." What a jerk! I'm trying to place my order NOW. He won't be home until 2am at the earliest. 

This is where being nice gets me, 24 more hours away from a shipping notice. 

@luna65 @halo0073and @Snoopyace, does "he" want Autumn or Force DP more? I might not feel like waiting. 

Edited by Eastwood22

31 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Okay thanks ladies!

I get attention from Autumn but I get ATTENTION from Force du Poivre.  ESPECIALLY since it's been boosted with The Love God.

2 hours ago, Snoopyace said:

I get attention from Autumn but I get ATTENTION from Force du Poivre.  ESPECIALLY since it's been boosted with The Love God.

I sent my invoice just now, but I'm playing with idea of a secret half boost of the Love God in there. My strangely stubborn BF won't bust open his Adam's Nectar with the LG in it, only the virgin, so I don't even know what it does for me! 

I also ordered a spray spray of Prisma w/ Audacious and I don't know what that does to me, either. Maybe it will turn me into a kleptomaniac. Or an Olympian athlete. 

37 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

I sent my invoice just now, but I'm playing with idea of a secret half boost of the Love God in there. My strangely stubborn BF won't bust open his Adam's Nectar with the LG in it, only the virgin, so I don't even know what it does for me! 

I also ordered a spray spray of Prisma w/ Audacious and I don't know what that does to me, either. Maybe it will turn me into a kleptomaniac. Or an Olympian athlete. 

Wow.  Really?  I wonder what he's afraid of.  I get insane attention from both my Adam's Nectar in oil and spray (and when I'm working I use my virgin bottle and still get great results).  Secretly boost it!  Boost it, boost it, boost it!  

I used to favor autumn scents year round. Now at the end of summer I've decided it's too hot and I need a variety of summer scents. But then it got super cold today and I'm about to head further north, so idk what I'll feel like ordering  😵 

Last night I put them into the sale section of the pattern site and dropped the price. 

LuvPotionPerfume.com

i am about a day away from launching the New new site   Anything not on that will be on the pattern site. 😊

On 10/1/2019 at 6:17 PM, Snoopyace said:

Wow.  Really?  I wonder what he's afraid of.  I get insane attention from both my Adam's Nectar in oil and spray (and when I'm working I use my virgin bottle and still get great results).  Secretly boost it!  Boost it, boost it, boost it!  

@Snoopyace with my Weenie order, I got him a trial of Adam's with TLG, despite the fact that he has both a virgin bottle and the boosted one, because eventually the stars will align and he will take it out of the house and I will be there.  

He's taking me on a work trip next week and I will suggest he only bring trials, "to be safe."🤞🏽

Ya'll should know, there's some good stuff over there in the Going Going Gone section. Like two last little bottle of LP Brûlée, one last bottle Sareena with Lace, and three last bottles of Butterscream Lemon. And there's a 1/3 oz bottle of Sugared Gingerbread in the sale section, too. I'm only telling you all because I already have what I need and won't be making my next order for a while, not until I run through all these Weenies. But when I do make my next order, so far, Pearfection tops my list. If I don't need most every bottle in this collection, I'm thinking a spray of Fairy Cake Gingerbread will make the cut. It's so yummy that my man actually stole my FC Gingerbread sniffle!

@Eastwood22 Sounds like a plan!!

9 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Ya'll should know, there's some good stuff over there in the Going Going Gone section. Like two last little bottle of LP Brûlée, one last bottle Sareena with Lace, and three last bottles of Butterscream Lemon. And there's a 1/3 oz bottle of Sugared Gingerbread in the sale section, too. I'm only telling you all because I already have what I need and won't be making my next order for a while, not until I run through all these Weenies. But when I do make my next order, so far, Pearfection tops my list. If I don't need most every bottle in this collection, I'm thinking a spray of Fairy Cake Gingerbread will make the cut. It's so yummy that my man actually stole my FC Gingerbread sniffle!

Yeah, I've been eyeing that section a lot lately... I never paid much attention to Butterscream Lemon until I purchased a couple of things from Anchoredinopulence recently & she generously included some trials & sniffies...one of them being that scent, & I kinda fell head over heels for it. I REALLY need to sit on my hands to stop ordering, lol...but, now I'm like, hmmmm, I'm getting low on LP Original again ( crisis mode ! ) & maybe I need to toss Butterscream Lemon in there when I order...

@StrawberryKitten Butterscream Lemon is one of my (top 50!) favorites! I'm also guessing that Mara will make us a good lemon buttercream body product soon. 

And the best new loves frequently come as the sniffles in trades!

Edited by Eastwood22

I ordered a Virgin bottle of Velvet Kisses, a bottle of Pippin Potion, a sample of Velvet Kisses so I can wear it occasionally with CB and another sample I can’t remember. Possibly Toys in the Attic so I can give one to BF to wear and keep mine for when I want to wear it.

21 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@StrawberryKitten Butterscream Lemon is one of my (top 50!) favorites! I'm also guessing that Mara will make us a good lemon buttercream body product soon. 

And the best new loves frequently come as the sniffles in trades!

Agreed, there are lots of things I fell in love with from sniffies that I wouldn't have considered otherwise ! And there are notes that I always detested ( musk is the main one that comes to mind ) that I absolutely adore now in LPMP blends, because they are done so well ( Ebil - ish, Tingle Tangle, etc...loooove LPMP's musks ) so the past year has been a fun, eye opening surprise :) I think that I will order a Butterscream Lemon this coming weekend, & I'm thinking maybe Beth's Blushing Milkmaid will layer good with it...

Edited by StrawberryKitten

22 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I'm also guessing that Mara will make us a good lemon buttercream body product soon. 

To be fair, she already has!  That's why I begged her to make a perfume version (which is what Butterscream Lemon is).

3 hours ago, luna65 said:

To be fair, she already has!  That's why I begged her to make a perfume version (which is what Butterscream Lemon is).

Oh, yes. I mean again! I just want more. Somehow my tub has lasted all year and I love it so much. Last time I put on Butterscream Lemon my man said something about it smelling "too much like lotion," because he sees me smearing it all over my legs. And the OCCO Lemon is also to die for!

I hadn't realized the order in which you made these things happen. Thank you for the Butterscream!

Edited by Eastwood22

7 hours ago, luna65 said:

I’ve not logged in for seemingly ages (not that I’ve forgotten you guys, but it’s been overwhelmingly busy around here). And tonight I realized I would have to open my last hoarded tub of this stuff very soon. I came on the forum, and read this!  

I did did like the first version better than the second one, but, still love it all the same. 

• 3 months later...

I just ordered a bottle of 02.20. I'm not sure what the combination of notes will smell like together, but I like them all separately, so hopefully they will smell delicious on my skin. 

Edited by Kayla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just put in an order the other day to get me some urgently needed pheros and LP Black. I'm going to be a good girl this time around and just do orders once a month. So next month right now is probably more trial scents of ones I used to wear and LAM spicy, LAM vanilla honey, TH and Alpha Androstenol. Years ago when I first joined there was a phero called Woozy Floozy. I think it was one of my earlier pheros. That stuff made me giddy. I really liked the roll on version but there isn't one like that so looks like alpha A spray it is. Though with LAM I might not even need Alpha spray. Then again do I really always want to be wearing cops? 😈  Part of me says YES. And so then, it's already onto May's order choices.  

• 1 month later...

FBs of Manda Panda, Tortuga, Mahaelani, Hush, Northern Comfort, Bella Pesca, and Girl Nip

TVs of Fleur de Nuit, Bonbon Booty, and Savage Beast

All the men’s scents!!! 🥰

I'm soooo curious about the Love Potion #9 variant, Savage Beast, and the scented SWS. Also getting low on unscented SWS. I may get all the trial sets and then top off with an unscented SWS. This is tough because I'm so used to just walking into the store, but I can adapt !  I do have 3 men at my house who will take the men's trials off my hands if I don't want them...and yesssss, I am one of many of you who also loves to use the Men's offerings !

I ordered all the trials, plus a FB of Tonka Tobaccum for my man. He had a sniffle and loved it so much that he wouldn't wear it after that first and only time, he just kept it! 

I've found that it's sometimes the ones I'd least suspect become my to-die for favorites, so I just need to smell them all. 

After they arrive, I'll also be buying all the new pherotine blends.