OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

46 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

I remember when I got my man a new wooden perfume box and he said it was too big, and another time was supposed to return another wooden box.  I don’t remember all the details but I never returned a thing and all boxes are full!

It's funny how easily that happens, lol. :)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sooo freaking excited!!! Yay!!!! My invoice is paid and my treasures will be here soon 🥰

Since this is our last chance to buy stuff before the prices go up I was so bad and stocked up on so many unscented pheros. Now I have full bottles of most of the unscented pheros. I got full bottles of mother's little helper, charisma for women, mega Watt, gotcha and sheer Essence. I got pherotines of TMI and savage Beast. And then a ton of scented samples and full bottles of some freebies I love! Mommy's Little Monster is so good. The pear and hay is amazing and I've been wanting to buy a bottle forever. ❤️  Beflower is amazing too. I'm just so excited. Happy sale everyone!!! 

21 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I remember when I got my man a new wooden perfume box and he said it was too big, and another time was supposed to return another wooden box.  I don’t remember all the details but I never returned a thing and all boxes are full!

Yeah. Last year I bought a box and I thought, oh, I’ll never fill it up. Ahem. That box is now getting pretty full...😳

I remember when I got a box that holds 30 bottles. I was like, "30 bottles is so many, it's one for every day of the month! I'll never need a bigger box than that!"

I am still in denial. 🙃

But on the plus side, my current "overflow" box is a tea tin that I am slowly "papering over" with old TV labels. The stained glass labels and the Pherotine 2019 labels are so gorgeous that I didn't want to throw them away!  If I was more artistic I would do a decoupage!

20 hours ago, hedgehog said:

I am still in denial. 🙃

🤫. Me too! But who cares, it’s too much fun to play.

I really like that idea of papering the sample labels onto a tin or box. Might try it if I can find an appropriate tin. 

Ok, who has a good recommendation for a good perfume box, when my order arrives I will be well stocked for perfume... I was so happy that I was able to save all year for this sale and get all the perfumes I wanted prior to increase that's coming... I will now be stocked for a bit, so I'm happy that I will have all of my favorites...

21 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

Ok, who has a good recommendation for a good perfume box...

Along with wooden tea boxes, which are a great fit, I keep mine in a shot glass display case on my wall. It's around 4x the size of this one though. :)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pinnacle-Shot-Glass-Case-17-9-in-W-x-2-7-in-D-Walnut-Decorative-Shelf-15FW1877/300616436

Also, we have lots of these for holding supplies...apothecary style media cabinets (for CDs) are the perfect height

https://www.cdrackshoppe.com/CD-150.html

You know,  I bet it would look great if you combined some of these ideas. Using old labels to paper the inside of the door of the shot glass case, so they would be facing out through the plexiglass. It could serve the double purpose of looking beautiful and helping to protect the bottles from light. Maybe pasting them onto paper cut to fit, then attaching that to the inside of the plexiglass. They could be arranged in a collage, designed to look like stained glass, or even pieced together,  quilt-like.

12 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Along with wooden tea boxes, which are a great fit, I keep mine in a shot glass display case on my wall. It's around 4x the size of this one though. :)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pinnacle-Shot-Glass-Case-17-9-in-W-x-2-7-in-D-Walnut-Decorative-Shelf-15FW1877/300616436

Also, we have lots of these for holding supplies...apothecary style media cabinets (for CDs) are the perfect height

https://www.cdrackshoppe.com/CD-150.html

Mara,  I love the shot glass rack, I downsized into a tiny condo and this would fit nicely in my walk in closet...love it...

21 hours ago, Potion Master said:

We have piles of retired labels if anyone wants to request some. We never want to throw them away, so they go back years. Sometimes we give them away in packs to kids as stickers, but we still have tons.

Excellent! Thank you for this offer. I’ll have to remember to ask next time I order something (which, let’s be realistic, won’t be to far into the future).

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2022 at 4:21 PM, Eve said:

Stalking the forum for Weenies news…

Thought I was the only one!! I wasn’t here for them last year so I’m excited to see the scents. 

I hope there will be an option to order some clean/fresh virgin scents like Squeaky Clean or Cuddle Bunny, do that I can layer them with UN pheros that I like. I have lots of florals and honeys now, but not enough fresh scents.

Edited by CosmoTea

7 hours ago, CosmoTea said:

Thought I was the only one!! I wasn’t here for them last year so I’m excited to see the scents. 

I hope there will be an option to order some clean/fresh virgin scents like Squeaky Clean or Cuddle Bunny, do that I can layer them with UN pheros that I like. I have lots of florals and honeys now, but not enough fresh scents.

I am trying to budget for the month, so I am hoping for news, too! I don't want to order and then be unable to order the weenies 😊

I ordered the sampler.  Some I should like, and there are an equal number that I probably won’t.  But, because Mara really does work magic, it was impossible with  this collection to rule anything out. 

Hungry Souls I’m pretty sure isn’t going to be a “me” fragrance (sorry @Eastwood22)  But, if it turns out Eve really does like smelling like peanuts then I will own up to it. :lol:  

Flan de coco has maple, so it likely won’t play nicely with my skin chemistry, however, if the maple doesn’t take over, I should really like it.  

And on and on it goes: notes that past experience tells me are a no go, and yet Mara can prove that to be wrong.  Sometimes anyway. 

I’m betting that Spike and Thorn will work so long as the patchouli is only a hint.   Earth and Urn is another that’s promising.  

I remember that I liked the previous Crème Cake, but I also gave my trial away to a newbie, so obviously it wasn’t one I couldn’t part with.  I’m curious now that time has passed if it will move from like into love territory.

1 hour ago, Eve said:

Hungry Souls I’m pretty sure isn’t going to be a “me” fragrance (sorry @Eastwood22)  But, if it turns out Eve really does like smelling like peanuts then I will own up to it. :lol:  

Right?! I’m going FB on Hungry Souls and Earth & Urn, sampler for the rest. But I bet I end up with a bottle of @Vika’s flan!

I ordered 2 bottles of Pumpkin Dulce, 1 bottle of Coconut Custard, and trials of Earth and Urn, Hungry Souls, Red Rum, and Shadow Dragon. I almost went full bottle on Earth and Urn, but wasn't sure about the tobacco, as it sometimes smells good on me and other times, not so much.

I know I'll be getting the sampler and a fb of Creme Cake. It was the reason I got a bottle of FC: Oatmeal in the sale. Who knew I would enjoy smelling like oatmeal? But I can also do one more fb. I just have to decide which. I've narrowed it down to either Odalisse or LP: Black Pearl (the patch is loud in that, but not nearly as loud as regular LP: Black.) Maybe I should do a second bottle of Beyla, instead. Argh, decisions!!

6 minutes ago, greenappletart said:

I've narrowed it down to either Odalisse or LP: Black Pearl (the patch is loud in that, but not nearly as loud as regular LP: Black.) Maybe I should do a second bottle of Beyla, instead. Argh, decisions!!

Sometimes I just accept that I’d like to get them all, if not on the current order, but in another. I checked the Etsy site and there are less Odalisse on there than LP Black, sometimes I make my decisions on what I think stock numbers look like. (I also know this can be 100% off because some is in store and I think she only puts so much on that site,) I did not see any Beyla. You might need to call shop for that one.

On 10/11/2022 at 7:44 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Sometimes I just accept that I’d like to get them all, if not on the current order, but in another. I checked the Etsy site and there are less Odalisse on there than LP Black, sometimes I make my decisions on what I think stock numbers look like. (I also know this can be 100% off because some is in store and I think she only puts so much on that site,) I did not see any Beyla. You might need to call shop for that one.

This is a good point. I think I'll get the Odalesse since it has fewer listed. And, as much as I like Beyla (if there's even any left), I think I'd rather have at least one bottle of one of the other ones, than 2 of something. I was testing Odalesse again today to help me decide, and I really do want a bottle of it. It's a soft enough fragrance that I can easily layer it with something if I want to add a touch of BI. That makes it a little more versatile than the Black Pearl, I think. 

Well, I went ahead and chose the Odalesse. I also added cops to the Creme Cake. It's such a subtly sexy scent, I figured it would go well. This way I have this one with cops and a bottle from last time without. I didn't want to have to layer it with an Occo and change the scent.

Edited by greenappletart

8 hours ago, greenappletart said:

Well, I went ahead and chose the Odalesse. I also added cops to the Creme Cake. It's such a subtly sexy scent, I figured it would go well. This way I have this one with cops and a bottle from last time without. I didn't want to have to layer it with an Occo and change the scent.

I have a trial of Odalesse, I should get around to sampling it! The cat on the label is so precious. 
I had cops added to one of my two bottles of Sunshine Brûlée, and I have one bottle of Rubylicious with Aja and one without. I know what you mean about changing scent with OCCO’s, even though they are complimentary. I do like how cops and Aja can shift the scent a little, though, sometimes it’s like just adding another pinch of salt.

2 hours ago, citrine said:

I keep hearing Pumpkin Dulce calling my name... But I can't smell anything because of covid.

I can't wait for your review!

I'll be sure to review it when it gets here. I hope you're starting to feel better. 

@citrine  Pumpkin Dulce smells very much how I remember Garland and Lace, however I no longer have G&L to compare it to, (I do have the Latte but not the same of course).

@Eastwood22  I don’t smell peanuts  in Hungry Souls—none  at all so far.  A slight resemblance to Warm N Toasty though.  I may actually like it a lot once it has rested from its journey a few days.  I’ve jumped to conclusions too quickly in the past to trust what my nose is telling me when its only been delivered today.   There is also something about it that reminds me of Snoozle but less sweet which is a good thing actually. In fact I couldn’t say whether it is more like Snoozle or W&T right now. 

Edited by Eve

I’m most excited about Gossamer Threads this time around! I don’t actually have gossamer but I do have Petticoat Lane and it’s definitely a favorite. I’m excited for the addition of the pink berries! This is the only one I went fb on so far. I’m really *expecting* to love Spike and Thorn but I was good this time and started with samples of this and a few others, my bank account is proud of my restraint.😂

Earth and urn was an unexpected LOVE I'm so obsessed, shadow dragon, ashes to dust. Maybe pumpkin dulce/red rum/coconut custard. They were rather muted on me so I'm expecting it's travel shock. Gotta wait it out a week, it's gonna kill meeee

Originally I was supposed to be out of town for most of the week, but the dates had to be pushed back a little.  So, instead of letting my sampler rest undisturbed for a while, I’ve been getting into it.  Part of the fun for me is seeing how some perfumes change after settling into their new home.

Here’s where I’m at on placing my next order.  I already placed an order for Crème Cake.  It’s  not that I think it is a particularly unique fragrance, but I like it enough to fill that spot for when I want to smell like an autumnal/winter baked goodie.  I actually bake a lot, always have, and the aroma is something I quite enjoy.  Last year’s Crème Cake sold out quickly even though it wasn’t talked about that much on the forum. So, I figured I’d better get it now or chance missing out again.

Hungry Souls was a fail.  I wrote a short review after applying it for a second try last night, but it just doesn’t agree with my skin chemistry.

Initially I felt like Red Rum  was too masculine, however I put it on first thing this morning and after resting for a few days it has moved into full bottle territory.  Multiple full bottles most likely.   I did have a smidge of NoCo White layered under it, so that possibly nudged it over into the more feminine side.  Either way, layered or not, it’s a keeper and deserves its place at the top  for me of this collection. 

I’m still undecided about Spike and Thorn.  So far the patchouli has not done anything ugly with my skin chemistry, but it can be sneaky, devious even, so I’m withholding judgment for a while longer for it.  It is a nice snuggly fall fragrance.  Totally unisex. 

Earth and Urn is another I need more time to get to know.  First time I tried it, right after it arrived, it was instantly dark coffee, then it was wood, and then it was dirt.  Lots and lots of earth!  I garden, don’t dislike the smell of earth, but it was so dominant and overpowering that I almost didn’t try it again.  The next time I tested it, it was more balanced. The opening is great!  But it still threatens to smell like an ashtray with some earth thrown in  after its been on a while.  The BF is a smoker, my granddaddy smoked cigars, Both men I love/loved dearly.  I’m not opposed to the smell.  But having it be the predominant note is not something that appeals to me.   I’m not giving up on it yet though.  Some of the stages it goes through I really really like.  This one I will let rest a week or more before I attempt it again. 

EDITED TO ADD:

This is crazy!  After a shower, guess what Earth and Urn smells mostly like…coffee! Yum! ( As a side note, heated towel rack on cold mornings after a shower  = 😊

Coconut Custard I like.  I likely will wear my trial until it is empty.  I don’t know that I’ll go for a full bottle.  The same for Pumpkin Dulce.

Catrina, Remembrance, and Shadow Dragon are just not “me” type scents, but I am glad I got them because trying them helps develop my nose’s education. 

Edited by Eve
More about Earth and Urn

just picked up something I thought was sold out in the summer sale !

I got 2 bottles of Snoozle because The Tabby Cat likes it 

and

Got a bottle of Lily Pond - 

The Snoolze  _it's almost sold out!

Don't let a Love Potion sell out

Edited by raydee8_love

On 10/13/2022 at 8:15 PM, greenappletart said:

I also added cops to the Creme Cake. It's such a subtly sexy scent, I figured it would go well.

That sounds like a wonderful idea! I would think Creme Cake can handle cops.

Not quite sure what I was thinking when I placed my order. Really had intended to get the sampler, but for some reason 🤷🏻‍♀️ I didn’t. I did get some samples: Hungry Souls, Catrina, Remembrance, Red Rum and Sugar Skull.

I also went full bottles on Pumpkin Dulce and Mamelons de Cerise. I intended to also get Creme Cake, but for some reason 🤷🏻‍♀️I didn’t. I have a much beloved bottle from last year and totally regretted not buying more. Love the idea of adding cops to it!

@Eastwood22 my pleasure. (Now its me who is out of town— but not Philly.  I did watch the game last night tho)

@greenappletart I ordered a Crème Cake boosted with cops…. Not here yet.  And a couple of bottles of Red Rum.  I’d like to buy ALL of the bottles of Red Rum, if truth be told.  Next one of that I plan to have boosted with BI

@RosesArePink @Eve  My Creme Cake with cops arrived. Now I just have to wait a week. I will let y'all know how it turns out. I'm so bad at knowing what can handle cops. In my invoice, I made sure to ask if it could handle them.

And, Eve, I loved your comparing the various scents from the new release in one place. There are always so many, it takes a while to get them sorted in my mind. Seeing so many of them together like that gives me a better sense of them.  

@Eastwood22 Yes, the Occos are great, but they definitely add an extra dimension. And sometimes, I don't want to have to think about what will pair well. And I love aja in scents, because it's like getting 2 for 1. The original scent and then, after it has faded, the aja continues to bloom and create a gorgeous honey scent. I'm lucky that aja plays nicely with my skin.

• 3 months later...

Bottles of:

Gala di Champagne

Wealth Tonic

Moon Money Magick

I'm hoping I can order a couple more from the Spell Collection, but I have to budget more than I used to right now 😏