OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CAAALIIIIII!!!!! Calling wonderful lovely Fallen Angel expert Caaallliii!!! :heart106:

:rofl222: ...ohhhh yeah you must read Luna's drool worthy story <pant> Well,I have four bottles if that tells you anything :P and I really really [i/really[/i]must wear this more often! I had two bottles boosted with half doses of Intellectual Woman and two bottles boosted with half dose of Intellectual Man ...I did kinda ruin one with too many cops,which taught me a valuable lesson! ... on me, it is a sweet desert syrupy cakey vanilla strawberry-ish delight :) ...oh and sorry you have da crud Luna Chick :( get better soonest!

You're telling me my awesome vignette was not enough to convince you to buy it? I must be slippin!'

Luna -- Oh, your awesome vignette convinced me to do something alright, but that "something" had nothing to do with perfume! :666: WHEW!! Can you ever set a tone, my dear! Have you tried your hand at paranormal romance?? You could do "Fifty Shades of White" with a big shiny feather and halo on the cover!

Get better soonerest!

Calii -- FOUR bottles? :surprised: OK, you've talked me into it!

Edited by Just Ducky

Luna -- Oh, your awesome vignette convinced me to do something alright, but that "something" had nothing to do with perfume! :666: WHEW!! Can you ever set a tone, my dear! Have you tried your hand at paranormal romance?? You could do "Fifty Shades of White" with a big shiny feather and halo on the cover!

Get better soonerest!

Calii -- FOUR bottles? :surprised: OK, you've talked me into it!

I'm glad y'all were talking about this one. I came within a hair's breadth of ordering one last night, and didn't. Sooooooo, I ORDERED ONE NAO. Heee! Thanks!!! Now I've got to go find luna's write-up of it. :cheers04251: Will probably come back and *sweat * all over everyone when I'm...finished...heh.

ETA: It's not the write-up. WHERE'S THE VIGNETTE? *runs off to the journals*

ETAagain: AAAUUUGHH!!!! WHERE IS THE VIGNETTE?!??

Edited by ElizabethOSP

ETAagain: AAAUUUGHH!!!! WHERE IS THE VIGNETTE?!??

Hold on hold on!!! Here you go!! (ignore the highlighted words, it's how I searched for it)

So many NOMable scents this month! :wub:

This starts out with the strawberry-topped Italian creme cake, very rich and sweet but not overly so. It is very much itself, there's nothing which says to my nose close but not quite.... The other elements unfold slowly, like Salome's dance, but the best thing is...THERE IS CAKE. The cake is always there, even as the other notes have their wanton way with your olfactory abilities.

This little scenario popped into my head, based on what I'm assuming is TNJ's copy for the scent.

Oh the things I do for Fine Art, she thought, resting her museum-weary feet in a nearby cafe, treating herself to a slice of cake and a cappuccino. One requires sugar after ingesting a thousand years worth of culture. The cake itself was a work of art: a generous slice of white fluffy foamy batter baked to a slight golden tinge, lush with ripe sugared strawberries and thick buttercreme frosting with a hint of orange liqueur. The sights and sounds all around her (Italy is rather a noisy place sometimes) receded in the experience of that cake upon her tongue, seducing her tastebuds as everything she had ingested in the country had done. She closed her eyes as various fantasies came to mind involving cake...from the purely virginal to the wholly salacious.

A wedding day: hearts and flowers and vows and laughter and...cake. Here's to dolce, to sweetness in life.

A wedding night: skin and satin and whispers and laughter and...cake. Here's to dolce, to desire in love.

She sucked the fork, smiling. But somewhere underneath all that sweetness was...something not so sweet. Something much more sinful than even an incredibly fattening piece of cake.

She opened her eyes and an angel was staring at her from across the square. He perched on the edge of the fountain which resided at the center of the square - one of his brethren immortalized in marble, trumpet to his lips - and his expression was mischievous, a smirk to see her enjoying the cake. But he was a angel in name only, she imagined, his looks so flawless but within those wide eyes which took in every aspect of her she knew temptation warmed his heart and burned as a beacon calling the one his gaze turned upon.

As he approached her table she felt her skin flush, her own allure came into play. And he was drawn to her, the shadow to her sun, the adventure awaiting all in the scent of him as he too put the world to shame. His masculine warmth was a blaze in the deepest night, as if they were somewhere all alone, nothing between them, instead of in this seemingly ordinary day.

"May I have some cake? It looks so...tempting."

"And what do you know of temptation?"

He produced a dark soft feather, tickling the tip of her nose. She gasped, frozen with fork in midair.

"I believe you are going to learn. But you'll also learn I too can be tempted. And when I am...there's no stopping me."

All the art she had viewed was merely scribblings and scratchings compared to the absolutely beautiful sight of the Fallen Angel, tasting sweet cake in the bright afternoon.

Edited by Just Ducky

I think I read it way back when. What thread is it in?

It's in the original "Fallen Angel" review; I found it by searching the Review section for "Fallen Angel." I'd paste the link here for you but every time I've tried over the past few minutes, it kept messing up. (Sorry!) It looks like Luna posted it back in November 2009 when FA was first released.

Have you tried your hand at paranormal romance??

Sorta...I've been working on a longer piece for quite some time, my version of the genre, but it's turning out more metaphyiscal than I thought it might. It's here:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=4416

It's in the original "Fallen Angel" review; I found it by searching the Review section for "Fallen Angel." I'd paste the link here for you but every time I've tried over the past few minutes, it kept messing up. (Sorry!) It looks like Luna posted it back in November 2009 when FA was first released.

Thanks, JD!

Sorta...I've been working on a longer piece for quite some time, my version of the genre, but it's turning out more metaphyiscal than I thought it might. It's here:

http://lovepotion.in...?showtopic=4416

Luna, in case you're in here somewhere...I just sent a request through google to be allowed into the link. WANNA REEEED. :) How do you feel today? :wub:

I just sent a request through google to be allowed into the link. WANNA REEEED. :) How do you feel today? :wub:

When you figure out how to hack that indomitable link and get into the good stuff, would you let me know how you did it?!?!?! Thank you!!

Luna -- hope the malevolent miasma has moved on and that you're feeling better.

GODS, LUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gobsmacked. Just read the whole story. Holy fucking sheepshit. Couldn't stop. LOVE EEEEEEEET!!! Published anywhere??? Lots of people need to read it. Like yesterday. And, interestingly, *something*...a bat, maybe? but it's 24F outside so I think not...tapped on two out of three of the back windows which I'm sitting 2 ft away from, right at the story's climax. Gentle taps. Hmmmm. Maybe the Forest Spirits liked it too.

GODS, LUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am gobsmacked. Just read the whole story. Holy fucking sheepshit. Couldn't stop. LOVE EEEEEEEET!!! Published anywhere??? Lots of people need to read it. Like yesterday. And, interestingly, *something*...a bat, maybe? but it's 24F outside so I think not...tapped on two out of three of the back windows which I'm sitting 2 ft away from, right at the story's climax. Gentle taps. Hmmmm. Maybe the Forest Spirits liked it too.

LOL,E, I did not know you had not read it...ummm :P

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=4416&st=0&p=165370entry165370

...on topic,got's to get some Hot Spun Sugar,at least :lol:

LOL,E, I did not know you had not read it...ummm :P

http://lovepotion.in...70

...on topic,got's to get some Hot Spun Sugar,at least :lol:

Aw, jeeze. I actually FORGOT what this thread was really about. B) WELL, THEN! I'm thinking I need a bottle of the LP Winter Variant 2011 and a bottle of UN Dominance. And some magickal stuff. * And* a wooden bottle rack. And some of the LP body cream. Oh and then there're the new releases. And all this before I've gotten my latest order! :10_small16::CHUBBY~214: I'm a baaaad grrrl. :666:

LOL sorry for the threadjack, y'all.

Yeah I didn't know you hadn't read it before either, B; I'm glad you like it. It's not done yet, it takes a particular focus and language effect and so therefore it only comes out in small bits and pieces. But I know it's worth the effort.

LOL sorry for the threadjack, y'all. Yeah I didn't know you hadn't read it before either, B; I'm glad you like it. It's not done yet, it takes a particular focus and language effect and so therefore it only comes out in small bits and pieces. But I know it's worth the effort.
I'm taking this over to your journal, my dear! FOLLOW MEEEEEE! Heh. :)

I am literally spinning in circles chasing my tail with excitement over trade thread purchases! Why is everything about LP and you ladies so darn exciting?! I want to thank all of you for feeding my addition...I LOVE YOU ALL :LuvU396:

I am literally spinning in circles chasing my tail with excitement over trade thread purchases! Why is everything about LP and you ladies so darn exciting?! I want to thank all of you for feeding my addition...I LOVE YOU ALL :LuvU396:

D'awwww.... :) This place is pretty special yeah...

Its the magic Mara brews into all her beautiful potions. I'm pretty excited as I've only just managed to order the January releases as a monthly sampler and a new bottle of Heart's Ease - going to need it.

:( Hope that's not too serious a thing... <hugs>

buying a bunch of male UNs for a friend as his belated Christmas present, and I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get some focus potion.

When you figure out how to hack that indomitable link and get into the good stuff, would you let me know how you did it?!?!?! Thank you!!

Luna -- hope the malevolent miasma has moved on and that you're feeling better.

JD, did you see this link? :w00t:

Yeah I think it expired when Google changed from Docs to Drive, so try this one:

https://docs.google....5o8J0lk9FGs/pub

And I'm okay, thanks. :) I sound worse than I feel.

JD, did you see this link? :w00t:

Yes, thank you!!!!!! I'm setting aside some quiet time this weekend to read Luna's wonderful opus. Can't wait!!

I placed an order the other day for Essential Bliss, Perfect Match spray, Enchanted Wonderland, Ricotta Sonata, Temperance, and Treasure of Pearls. But my biggest score was... wait for it..... BODACIOUS MUSK!! Can't wait to give this one a try.

I placed an order the other day for Essential Bliss, Perfect Match spray, Enchanted Wonderland, Ricotta Sonata, Temperance, and Treasure of Pearls. But my biggest score was... wait for it..... BODACIOUS MUSK!! Can't wait to give this one a try.

Woohoo! How did you score the musk!

Watchout, you checkout girls!! B)

You laugh but my credit card may be crying ... lol.

Details, QG. What's in your mega order?

The Sinner & the Saint, Creole Man, Brother Brimstone, The Sand Box, Cry Havoc, Winter Wizardry, North Pole for Men, Moon of the Falling Leaves, Tails of Mystery, Risen

Pashazade, Home Run, Shade, Salute, Sudden Impact, Ruisseau, Ambuscade, Thrill of the Chase, Goal, The Art of War

I did! :) I was up super early that morning and saw it on the ArtFire site. Super happy to have one headed my way!

WHAAAAAT?!! I saw the French, the Vintage, the Exotic . . . a Bodacious snuck in there?!?! So there are other bottles popping in that aren't there all the time?? I may as well quit work right now so I can camp out on the Art Fire site 24/7. *sigh*

The Sinner & the Saint, Creole Man, Brother Brimstone, The Sand Box, Cry Havoc, Winter Wizardry, North Pole for Men, Moon of the Falling Leaves, Tails of Mystery, Risen

Pashazade, Home Run, Shade, Salute, Sudden Impact, Ruisseau, Ambuscade, Thrill of the Chase, Goal, The Art of War

WHOA, MR!!!! That is indeed a mega order!!! How fun!!

WHAAAAAT?!! I saw the French, the Vintage, the Exotic . . . a Bodacious snuck in there?!?! So there are other bottles popping in that aren't there all the time?? I may as well quit work right now so I can camp out on the Art Fire site 24/7. *sigh*

Lol! I'm never usually this lucky. Felt like I won the perfume lottery. I was hoping to see a bottle of Purple Puff on there too, but that may have been too much luck used up in one day. :)