Effects of Pheromones on one's self

OK...let's start out by saying that I'm still (and will be for a while) a newbie in all of this. I do have one question, that is a stirring around in my head. I know that some pheromones do work on yourself as well as others...some are designed to be uplifting or mood enhancers. That is their design, and I get that. I have seen several posts by people who are wanting to ramp up the other person's desire for them. Would that also work on you to ramp up your desire for the person that you are with, or is it like tickling yourself - since you know it's coming, the head knowledge cancels out the effects? This is purely speculative on my part...not because of anything that has happened, but just out of curiosity...I guess it started out with me thinking that if a guy is wearing it, then he'd be hot for any woman that passed by...but then again, some say that guys are like that all the time, anyway :rolleyes:

Would that also work on you to ramp up your desire for the person that you are with, or is it like tickling yourself - since you know it's coming, the head knowledge cancels out the effects?

Well.....no, because foreknowledge doesn't cancel out biological responses to stimuli. It's more, umm for lack of better phrasing, like self stimulation, we all know that's coming but it doesn't lessen our physiological responses to it ;) If you respond to pheromones, you're going to respond to them whether you know you're being exposed to them, or not.

For women, some sexual blends have the effect of also arousing the person wearing it as well as any potential target but I don't know if that correlates for men or not. When I've had Quince wear a specific sexual blend for me, I don't know that it had any specific effect on him in that way, but then again, I was also wearing something to arouse him, so if there were any effects they would have been attributed to my mix instead.

Hi, MarkAM!

I agree with the girls, once a responder, always a responder...

When I was a newbie, well I'm still very new in this, but at first I thought this phero stuff must have to do a lot with self-programming, but once I started testing them I realized this is not magic, this is science and I could never cancel out my self-effects by rationalizing and saying this is just my mind! Once the effect takes place, it's freaking awesome inevitable...I love pheros, especially the self-tickling ones...

Enjoy! :cheers04251:

Well.....no, because foreknowledge doesn't cancel out biological responses to stimuli. It's more, umm for lack of better phrasing, like self stimulation, we all know that's coming but it doesn't lessen our physiological responses to it ;) If you respond to pheromones, you're going to respond to them whether you know you're being exposed to them, or not.

Well put.

I have been mulling this concept over since I started wearing pheros....I think it's impossible to separate it though. The knowledge of wearing a phero could still influence the outcome, whether the response is real or perceived. My situations are hit and miss. There have been a handful of times when I am certain it was the phero. And only with husband because I know him. For me it's impossible at this point to attribute the GP's response because I don't know them and how they would react.

But that's sort of off topic. I know that in terms of self effects-COPS work...for me that is. I remember the very first time I applied them, (with skepticism). I had read on the forum about various reactions, but I'll never forget when I opened that first bottle of OCCO black...No other pheros had any distinguishable reaction until I smelled cops. The knowledge that I was wearing them didn't cancel out anything.,,I just felt more "female." if that makes sense.

I got so wrapped up for awhile in "field testing" and I've come to the conclusion (for me, not everyone else) that if they work as intended (whether from placebo or not) then I consider the blend a success.