Is this where I go to say WOOHOO?

Eggers

I really hope this is the spot. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! My first little box of samples has arrived and it looks so pretty! And it hardly took any time at all to arrive! YEAH! Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone at LPMP! And thank you for the little sampler, too - it's SO CUTE!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some hardcore smelling to do!

YAY!

Whoa! I've opened so many vials my thumbs hurt! But it was so worth it. I cannot believe how beautiful these perfumes smell. They're so grown-up. I think I expected them to smell a little more... I don't know, rustic maybe? But they're gorgeous, fully rounded scents, and I love them. I've been sitting here smelling vial after vial, and with each one I opened I thought, 'You're gonna be my new best friend'! I am in love. And I think it's fairly safe to say that I'm newly and officially addicted. I want to smell like any of these perfumes, all the time, every day for the rest of my life.

I loved the little sample packet, too. I was particularly pleased to see Knot and Flowers in the Moat, as these were two fragrances I was hoping to try. I'm happy to say that I love them both. I'm also extremely happy with the others. Man Nip smells nothing like I would have guessed, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I am so, so happy with my perfumes. And with the service you provide. So I just wanted to say thank you so much - to everyone involved in the creation of these lovely scents. Hell, I even want to say thank you to the US Postal Service for getting them to me so quickly! Lol! Thank you.

Isn't it fun? I didn't heed any advice from well meaning, seasoned LP'ers, I went whole hog and dotted myself with everything in the box.

I think all of us have done that at one time or another.....LOL

Hey Raq On! I've opened every single vial to have a sniff, but as I had to work this evening, I couldn't dot myself with everything. Though I've gotta say, I was sorely tempted. Everything smells so freaking awesome!

I did wear Carolyn's Man Nip to work tonight. It was one of the samples in my little freebie sample bag. I loved it, but my boss kept walking around asking, 'what's that weird smell?' Eventually I was like, 'Oh yeah, that's probably me.' He said it smelled smokey, like I was on fire. I took it as a complement! LOL! As it was, I spent the evening discreetly huffing myself - until a woman with a really LOUD perfume came into the restaurant, and then that's all I could smell. I swear, I could smell this woman's perfume from about 30 feet away!

Of all the scented pheros I got, I most loved the smell of Mara's Rocket Fuel, Cuddle Bunny '09, Far, Far Away & Darling Clementine. But there wasn't a single scent that I disliked. Ooh! I loved Cops & Robbers, too, which I didn't expect. I mostly got it for the novelty factor - smelling like a jelly doughnut? Okay! But it's pretty amazing. And I loved Phero Girl, which smells exactly like I imagined it would. If it smells nice on my skin, it'll become one of my favourites, I'm sure. Honey is my favourite food. I drown just about everything you can think of in the stuff - including my face, 'cause it's good for the skin - so the fact that I might actually be able to douse myself in honey is pretty darned exciting!

I was pretty excited to find Knot in my little goodie bag, too. It was one of the scents that I was most wanting to try, and it turns out that both the boyfriend and I love that scent. So I'm a happy little camper.

I'm home from work now, and I have the house to myself for a couple of hours, so I may have to indulge in a little dabbing session and then wash it all off again before the boyfriend comes home. I have to say, I'm bummed that the boyfriend won't be home until late, and that I have to work early tomorrow morning. I'd have liked to put something to the test with him, but I s'pose that'll have to wait.

Still, now that it's all here, all I want to do is put them on to see how they smell on my skin! I'm also a bit curious about how all of my cats are going to react - one of them was sniffing the bag with a look on his face that made me think he might be plotting to abscond with my trial vials, one didn't seem to give a hoot what was in my box, but the third is a 2 year old unneutered male, and I'm a wee bit worried about how he'll react to the stuff. The last thing I want is for him to start spraying, because he's been very good about not so far. He'll be getting snipped in about a month or two. Sooner if he reacts strangely!

Okay... let the sniffing begin!

Hiya Dolly! Yes, I just did my first smearing session, and I've got to say that I smell fan-freaking-tastic! Such FUN! At this point I'm almost thinking 'pheros, schmeros', 'cause I just smell too good to care!

Marquess, I hope your WooHoo package comes soon. Waiting is the worst! I'm so not built for patience...

I am currently wracking my brain to figure out my next order. Everything smells so yummy that it's going to be next to impossible to decide what to get first. Next to impossible, but SO fun!

'Scuse me, I'm going to go enjoy smelling pretty for a while before I have to go clean myself off!

ETA: Hee!

Edited by Eggers

Wow, how nice that you are so smitten! I too hesitated to buy from a 'perfume oil' artisan, because the very few I'd tried did not leave me overwhelmed. I'm SO glad I threw my prejudice aside and plunged, as you did! Have fun!

I will Katz, thank you!

ETA, just before I go to bed I'd like to say that I had each scent on my arms for about 2 - 3 hours, and the only one that didn't like me much was Darling Clementine. Sad. It smells lovely in the vial, and great on my skin for about half an hour, then it turned to 'brown' cake.

On a happier note, the rest of the scents seem to love me! Very happy about this.

Edited by Eggers

My WHOO-HOO package has arrived!! So happy!! Thank you Mara for the gifts!

My SUPER Love Potion Perfume order came today:

~1 fl.oz. Perfume Spray~

Frosted

Darling Clementine

~1/3 fl.oz. Concentrated Perfume Oil~

Pie in the Sky

Gothic Xmas 2011

Gianduja

Abby Normal's Desiccated Brains

Kanary Kremes

Spinnerett

Whoopsy Daisycake

~Sample Sizes~

Nookie Cookie

Vamp Cafe

Banoffee Coffee

Bayou Musk

The Smoking Bun

~4oz. Sugar & Coffee Scrub~

Banoffee Coffee

~Squees~

Give Peas a Chance

Alabaster Queen

Breathe Into Me

Marcy Goldman's Wheat Siren

Flowers in the Moat

Man Nip

6803857055_cac0b727fc.jpg

Love Potion Perfumes Whoo-Hoo Order by Gingerbread Asylum, on Flickr

Oh Marquess, that order looks fantastic! Of course I'm only familiar with a few of the scents you have, but you've chosen a few that are on my wish list too. Spinnerett, Abby Normal's Desiccated Brains and Kanary Kremes. Ooh! And the Smoking Bun...

Have fun, Marquess - that looks like a really fun haul!

You haven't smelled any of them yet? Wow! That's some impressive restraint! I was into my little box before I was back inside my apartment! Lol...

Was your scrub very scrubby? I'd love to try one of those... And Banoffee Coffee sounds delicious. I don't know if I could trust myself not to eat it.

I used to smell them right away. This is the first time trying it this way. ^_^

The scrub smelled nice like Toffee Coffee also it was a good exfolient(?spelling?) without being too rough. I've had some that hurt alot, but this one didn't. It had little bit of coffee grinds in it. I guess they are more gentle.

You haven't smelled any of them yet? Wow! That's some impressive restraint! I was into my little box before I was back inside my apartment! Lol...

Was your scrub very scrubby? I'd love to try one of those... And Banoffee Coffee sounds delicious. I don't know if I could trust myself not to eat it.

I don't think I'd have enough restraint to set the perfumes aside. I'd never be able to stand the anticipation! It's bad enough having to wait for them in the mail...

I love face and body scrubs. I guess I should try one from here one of these days... They change monthly, too, don't they?

ETA: these scents are the best foody scents I've ever smelled. I can see why you'd want to get them here. I'm usually more of a florally, spicy, woody girl myself, but it's the foody ones here that have my full attention.

Edited by Eggers

• 1 month later...

I couldn't figure out where else I should post this, so I came back to my WOOHOO thread, because I feel a little like WOOHOOing right now.

Nothing big. But my echeck finally cleared today. I knew it was supposed to, so I'm not surprised. But for some reason it *felt* like it took longer than usual. Probably because I'm expecting a really big order this time. Well, big for me. I don't know what everyone else's ordering habits are, but I love the products here, and figured I might as well jump right in. And now that I have THE ANTICIPATION IS TOO MUCH!!!

LOL! I haven't even gotten my shipping notice yet, and I'm all bouncy like I just heard it's Christmas in March, and just for me! It is, isn't it? So may I please just have this little space to say WOOHOO!?! WOOHOO!

Thank you. :UkkiBannana:

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't want to disturb my l'il dancin' monkey up there!

I needed to come back to make another WOOHOO; I just got my shipping notice too! WTH? HOW AWESOME IS THAT??? Lemme tell ya: IT'S COMPLETELY, TOTALLY, ABSO-FRACKING-LUTELY AWESOME!

Yippee! My first full-sized bottles and a giant order of samples... I'm gonna smell SO GOOD!!!

:cat692:

Really getting this emoticon thing down now, too. WOOHOO for that, too, since I'm already here!

Edited by Eggers

YAY!! Watcha got coming? Garlands and Lace I bet! And...Cuddle Bunny?

I usually do a couple bottles and the sampler...if want a full bottle of Unphero I have to skip the sampler, but get a couple samples from the New Releases...it's stressful but I have to try to keep my orders around $100 a month. Eeeek! It's SO hard to budget it right!!! Takes ALOT of planning and scheming!!!

Hey MDC, I hate trying to budget for all of this, too. It gets so complicated! Doesn't help that I still haven't decided whether to try going the UN route yet, either, though I am leaning that way. I can't see myself limiting my expenditure to $100 a month! I'll have to try to keep it relatively low though, now that I'm forced to spend my money on a huge renovation. *sigh*

Anyway... I have large bottles of Phero Girl, BBM, Tyvey's Mango-ish, Mara's Rocket Fuel, Rainbow Falls, Cougar Potion, Garland and Lace, and Cuddle Bunny '09 making their way to me, along with a monthly sampler, the LP sampler, the LAM sampler, and the Occo sampler - sorry, have to breathe here! - AND about 16 other samples that I chose myself!

I get a little worried when I think about this HUGE box of perfumes arriving at the door, and requiring a signature... if BF answers it'll be curtains for me! Lol! I told him tonight that I'd ordered 'a few' using my left-over Christmas money. 'A few.' Understatement of the century. I ordered the store.

I don't think my next order will be as big. (I should hope not, considering I need to buy flooring and drywall and cedar posts etc...), but I don't think it'll be as small as it should be either. There are still a few pheromas that I want to get. PiP I'd actually intended to order, but I forgot to add it to the cart!!! And a couple of others. I think in the next round I'll at least get those, if not some UNs and unphero'd scents. Maybe something boosted. Or two somethings. I don't know! I keep changing my mind... This is so bad! It really is an addiction.

Well Eggers, look on the bright side. It was mentioned in another thread that a bottle should last about a month if one uses it on a daily basis while a sample should last about a week. Besides you want to smell good, don't you?

Miss DC, I'll let you know straight away about the Lams & Occos! I'm so excited about both of those! Hell, I'm so excited about *everything* that I can barely sit still! I'm gonna wiggle my way through until it's at my door! That's what I do when I'm excited: I wiggle. (Like a dog).

Even though I know I have this gigantic order coming... I'm jealous of me, too! I want to order more stuff now! And I'm jealous that you get to order next weekend! I'm not sure when I'll get to order again. Spending too much money fixing old apartment up, and will be spending A TON of money on renovations... Nice thing about my job is the tips; I can just... sweep some aside for LPs! Lol!

JOC, thank you for that! I've actually been wondering that exact thing, but I hadn't come across the info yet. A month to a bottle if I were to use it every day... I should be covered for a while! Lol! And yes, smelling good is incredibly important to me. As I type this, I have no less than 6 sticks of incense burning in my home! And once those go out I'll be lighting my essential oil burners, too! I love how good smells permeate a home. I am having a bit of a coronary event thinking about all the money I just spent on perfume, but once that box arrives, I won't care anymore about the money. Because I will smell - and feel - AWESOME! :D

Thank goodness the boxes are small!