La Femme Mystere

I'm thinking of getting a bottle of LFM but what worries me is the "sophisticated" effect. Could this come across as intimidating? I am already considered fairly intimidating to a lot of people, because of my height and because I'm good at what I do and tend to behave with confidence. I work really hard to not appear intimidating but shyer, more beta males often seem scared of me. I don't want it to translate as arrogance or stuck up, or cause people to be put off me. Come-talk-to-me sophistication would be great though.

Naw...I think it's the more dominant blends you want to stay away from. With the high EST and B-nol in this I do believe you will get the "come talk to me sophistication" effect you want.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried it with decidedly no effect, although I like the scent. I used it in the Blue Moon fragrance, was postiively sandwhiched between two men for a while in a small car, was at a dance event dancing in proximity to men, and I felt like i must be a sexless being. I am attractive and used to be a "man magnet" ;), alas, at 42 (now 44), something happened, and I became invisible to men. so weird! I don't think I particularly look that much older than when I was 40, and people are always shocked when they hear how old I am. and so....pheramones!

I am so surprised it didn't work! My boyfriend actually had a nasty remark about the Blue moon fragrance. Next!

Hi Shehoss! IMO maybe the fragrance didn't work for you, but that doesn't necessarily mean the phero blend itself didn't work...I'm still experimenting with UN LFM, but I know that when you OD on certain pheros you may experience this 'ghosting' effect, so If you already feel that something changed for you at 42 making you feel invisible and then if you ODed, this may worsen the invisibility effect...

I'm still learning a lot from pheros, but since LFM is heavy on the Estratetraenol and if you ODed then maybe you are giving off a ''needy'' vibe to men and that may explain why they ignored you at the dance event...If something suddenly changed for you 2 years ago, maybe you just need a Cops boost that levels your fertile phero signature to where it was a while ago...I'm not the most experienced phero user but I think you should experiment with the dosage and areas of application are important too, UN LFM has worked for me only when I apply it on the shoulders and some ladies here apply it on the back of their necks... I hope you don't give up just yet! Let us know if you find your LFM sweet spot...

And about the nasty remarks on the fragrance, just layer it with something else but keep on experimenting with the phero blend. My bf has told me a couple of times he doesn't like a scent, but I just do some perfume layering and voila! Until now he has ended up liking them too... :)

Hey Syn! I agree with everything MissDarlynCherie and BlueBear said...I don't think this blend makes you come off as intimidating, more ladylike and sophisticated yes, yes, yes...add Cops and then it's totally Jessica Rabbit, hehe... IMO congruence with your personality is key, like our dear Dolly aka 'Cops Guru' always says that she could never wear something Lacey but something Dom definitely complements and enhances her own personality...so if LFM suits you go for it, and stay away from the Dom ones... :rolleyes:

I got hit with a goodly dose of this & it is bringing out my ornery side. I think if anyone were around right now I would be pulling pranks & mercilessly teasing them.

I paired this today with Enchanted Wonderland for a meeting - GREAT combo.

But I'm wondering if I came off as rather intimidating tho. I couldn't figure it out at the time but then I remembered I was wearing this. I was very casual and didn't think I was acting intimidating at all, but the guy I was working with - this is the third time we've met - began deferring to me an awful lot even tho he was the one in the authority position. He said I was the most knowledgeable person he'd ever met on the subject, and when I asked him a question, he said, "You're testing me..." I said, "No, I'm really not. I'm truly curious what your feeling is..." blah blah.

Anyone else ever get this kind of effect from LFM?

But I'm wondering if I came off as rather intimidating tho. I couldn't figure it out at the time but then I remembered I was wearing this. I was very casual and didn't think I was acting intimidating at all, but the guy I was working with - this is the third time we've met - began deferring to me an awful lot even tho he was the one in the authority position. He said I was the most knowledgeable person he'd ever met on the subject, and when I asked him a question, he said, "You're testing me..." I said, "No, I'm really not. I'm truly curious what your feeling is..." blah blah.

Dang, Mara! I was thinking yesterday about pairing these two! YUM!

I have gotten the defer-to-me thing with LFM. It was in a teaching situation doing printmaking, and *everyone* needed to ask me if they were doing it right. It was different enough behavior for these kids that I noticed it and chalked it up to LFM. I, however, was in my happy zone from LFM, so I just kept saying "good heavens" to myself and telling them that they were indeed doing it right! :) Also, interesting to note that these were kids pre-teen to about 14 or 15. I haven't noticed that effect with adults so far.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

That's a little bit what I'm afraid of - I can see it being useful in some situations, but I would have to pay close attention to how I steered it so I didn't come across as thinking I was better than them. I've been accused of or treated like I act that way as well. I'll proceed with caution in testing this one :)

I'm going to wear this (Blue Moon) and cops. wondered is this a good combination as i read somewhere that the LP's added with pheromones are at a lower amount.

I wore this today as an experiment. I had a meeting where it would have been beneficial to come across as somewhat intimidating. I didn't get that at all. That said, i did notice people were deferring to me, people who typically wouldn't. But it wasn't like they felt bullied; they were almost starstruck, like, "I would do anything for you" or "you know what's best in this situation so you pick." Could he have been dazzled by you or did you get the distinct impression that he felt like an underling of sorts?

I'm going to wear this (Blue Moon) and cops. wondered is this a good combination as i read somewhere that the LP's added with pheromones are at a lower amount.

JJL, in the description of the UNscented La Femme Mystere, it says that it's intended for adding in cops when you want to. You should be good to go! :)

I wore this today as an experiment. I had a meeting where it would have been beneficial to come across as somewhat intimidating. I didn't get that at all. That said, i did notice people were deferring to me, people who typically wouldn't. But it wasn't like they felt bullied; they were almost starstruck, like, "I would do anything for you" or "you know what's best in this situation so you pick." Could he have been dazzled by you or did you get the distinct impression that he felt like an underling of sorts?

I'll bet he was dazzled! Mara's dazzling, anyway, so LFM should maybe enhance it? I definitely get--from grownups--a somewhat starstruck effect and the I-would-do-anything-for-you vibe like you got, BlueBear.

I am wearing this today and some girl asked me how to do something, like fact checking. Thing is , she is not my assistant and I think competent, I thought it was strange that she asked me, but maybe the other assistant that sits across from me told her I am a genius.

Also today I went to go get my lunch and this lady, nice looking older, wealthy, stopped talking and almost ran into me so excitedly, bursting with smiles, she said. I LOVE YOUR BLOUSE! It was total DIHL, I was dazzling for her.

I love La Femme!

Yes, like THAT, BlueBear! He was definitely trying to please me, and perhaps getting nervous because he was *really* trying to please me. And it did seem that the longer he was exposed to my phero/scent cloud, the more he became that way. He progressively changed his speech to more emulate mine - using words and concepts I would use rather than ones he was using earlier. It was very strange.

a somewhat starstruck effect and the I-would-do-anything-for-you vibe like you got, BlueBear.

See,this is what I got and am waiting for a certain situation to confirm...now that I know what to expect :001_302::w00t:

Yes, like THAT, BlueBear! He was definitely trying to please me, and perhaps getting nervous because he was *really* trying to please me. And it did seem that the longer he was exposed to my phero/scent cloud, the more he became that way. He progressively changed his speech to more emulate mine - using words and concepts I would use rather than ones he was using earlier. It was very strange.

Yes! This happened to me with my crush the first time I wore this around him. And one of the people in the meeting today, now that I think about it.

I am living this phero more and more! I definitely see using this for work purposes. My meeting that I referred to earlier was one where I had to present an idea that we were not expecting to go over very well. My bosses were shocked that we didn't have to take their "or else" approach. (And I'm glad too. A room full of angry doctors was the last thing I needed!)

Sounds like that "queen bee" phero is leading the show for several of us!

What I was personally hoping to get out of the blend was very much this vibe, now that I think about it. One of my peeves about society is that women often have to sacrifice their feminine side to get respect in the corporate world, and I was hoping this would allow women to garner respect without sacrificing being a *girl*. Since I wasn't in a corporate environment at all, I guess I didn't recognize the form the workings were taking. Endlessly interesting, the way pheros and scents can steer people's behavior.

:smiley-signs136:

Hi, I just did a post in the newbies board panicking that this blend didn't seem to have any effect and in fact perhaps a negative one the first time I used it! Maybe this wasn't a good choice for my first phero blend but I couldn't resist it, it sounded really perfect for what I was looking for...

I'm looking to use this socially to help people feel like they can open up to me more and bond. I have a really hard time getting people to do that with me. I'm not so concerned about any sexual stuff right now, just kind of a deeper social connection type thing. I also noted that I'm often seen as "cute and silly", and it would be nice to get a more sophisticated feel...I have never had men really call me "beautiful" or "gorgeous" at all, and only "sexy" and "hot" during intimate times...despite having a ton of natural features which are generally desireable to men...I got the silicone roll on and used it on a slightly hotter day, may have used too much but I kind of doubt it? It's just hard starting out :/

For those veterans who had trouble making it work what was the trick and did you learn to love it in the end? The other blend that sounded like a good one for me was Perfect Match and I've heard good things about Open Windows.

I didn't have trouble making it work, but I did have one day it made me feel weepy and vulnerable but then we all get bad days with things, plus unless you have an intense personal, instant reaction to something then some results can just be coincidental, ie other people's reactions to you.

My favourite phero's are the ones that make ME feel good first and foremost 1.Hearts Ease (which has Balm Bomb phero) 2.Perfect Match in Allumette perfume 3.Bang! in Extra Curricular perfume are my top three, followed closely by Cuddle Bunny (perfumed) and Audacious in Far Far Away, because if you're happy(not ecstatic, just comfortable in your skin), people react to you better. Do keep on trying with this. When I began I was using very tiny amounts to begin with and built up from there with the perfumed ones which are weaker. The unperfumed phero's are strong! More is not necessarily more effective!

This phero is the BOMB!

Wore it to my lunch meeting, double and triple stares from EVERYONE. I was so charming and funny during lunch and everyone at my table had a blast!

I mentioned how old I was and client said women are the most beautiful at my age 34-38. I was taken seriously and the waiter was super attentive- which at this restaurant , the service is always horrid because everyone is an actor/ singer/ model, and there are tons of industry types and business peeps over in this area.

Also asked director would it be okay to expense our lunch, ( normally we have to put in request and give a heads up so it can be noted somewhere, but being me, I forgot and boss said..ooh I don't know we need approval for that.. )so I went straight to the source, and didn't even hesitate to say yes.

Yesterday was another full day of testing of this blend for me. I had OCCO Ambrosia, a little Sugar Plum Fae, 4 sprays of LFM. I applied 2 sprays initially, just 1 minute before I got on my bus to work. I didn't think about if it was going to smell offensive to my colleagues. The bus was already there and I was the last one to board. I plonked myself down on the first available seat which was next to an Australian male colleague whom I have never spoken to for the 15 months I have been with the organisation.

He's into scents which I was not aware of. He commented " vanilla" the moment I sat down .... The vanilla in OCCO Ambrosia. He was quite friendly as compared to the cool and quiet image he projects all the time. We talked about scents, about work, his work plans and his long term plans during our 30 mins ride.

I added two more sprays after I got into work. It was a very busy day, I was all over the place getting things done and saying goodbye to some of my colleagues who are leaving us this summer. My bottle nozzle seems to give out very half-hearted sprays as compared to my other spray bottles.

Edited by JOC

La Femme Mystere

The second LPMP product that I've tested was La Femme Mystère - UNscented Pheromone Blend for Women in the roll-on.

Let me sum this one up in two words: Love it!

First off, this is another copulin free formula, which I really appreciate. It appears to be high in estratetraenol and I can definitely see the effects of the DHEAS. I wore this over Blue Sugar at work on Wednesday and Thursday this week (we had alot of meetings), and again on Friday over The Perfumed Whisker.

Wed-Thurs Effects on other people...

My boss, whom I shall forevermore refer to as Hardass, was exceptionally friendly and social. He helped me with a particularly difficult problem (that I had solved in a roundabout way... around the elbow to get to the arm... and he took almost an hour out of his day to show me a better way. Real mentorship here, not the usual gruff reaction of exasperation he is more likely to demonstrate. In this case, I really think he's reacting to the EST. He's also a bit of an alpha male, so this might be a great product to wear around him.

Had a couple of interactions with the other girl on our team (she is very junior to me, but we work pretty closely on some aspects of our project) that were pretty funny. Almost flirty interactions in three different groups where I was able to make her laugh, and then got everyone else to laugh as well.

Had one of our remote teammates sit next to us during one of the larger meetings, and he smiled alot and told jokes. Had another teammate sit next to me in a different meeting, and he kept turning to smile at me.

Overall, almost every conversation that I had both days was friendly and upbeat, with lots of smiles. Because of my position on the team, I didn't have much to contribute during the meetings, but the general mood of all of them seemed to be upbeat and positive. I've never seen our project manager make as many jokes as he did, and I haven't seen our team (who has also been very stressed lately) seem as laid back and happy as they did.

General Effects on myself...

I felt super confident! My office is very laid back (no direct client interactions), so we can wear jeans and tshirts if we want. On Wed I wore a pair of (second hand) designer jeans, black halter top and super soft hoodie sweater, with faux pearls and my grandmother's gold locket. I felt way more classy than that outfit should have made me feel.

Wed night I got a facial and my brows and lashes done, and Thursday I wore about the same outfit with different jeans and top. Same exact feeling - super confident, super outgoing and smiles for everyone. I also think I might have been speaking a bit softer than usual, maybe thinking about what I was going to say a bit more first? Kindof unusual for me since I usually feel I have to compete with all the boys, but it still left me feeling like I was 100% confident and capable.

Friday...

Friday morning I layered this with The Perfumed Whisker and went a little heavier than I did with the first 2 applications. I used a good stripe of La Femme Mystere down my stomach, and 3 inch stripes up both wrists. I also reapplied a small amount on both wrists at lunch.

I think Friday was the best day of all. I have the next week off, and bought some pretty dresses to wear on a road trip my Sweetie and I will be making. Today I "dressed up" and wore one of the dresses and some pretty new sandals to work. This happens once a year, and with so few women in the office, it was definitely a different experience to walk around all girlified.

I felt absolutely fabulous.

My boss, Hardass, was out sick, so I don't know if that helped contribute to the lighter mood than usual in our cubes or not. But it was a great day. A ton of people stopped and chatted at my desk, most of them asking about vacation plans.

I got a metric ton of work done - seriously plowed through everything assigned to me, and then topped of a bunch more that Hardass didn't know about. I also had a telephone intake interview for another job during lunch, and that went swimmingly as well.

Remember that confident and capable bit? I had a great conversation with the interviewer, and even though the position doesn't sound like a good fit, he offered to send me info about another position, in addition to making an introduction to another company he is familiar with that I would love to work at.

Towards the end of the day, one of the senior executives was in our area looking for a manager. I was able to point him in the right direction, while also making him laugh. I was able to bring some closure on some items that our project manager didn't even know he needed. Confident and productive!

Seriously. Love it!

A guy who works on another floor stopped me in the hallway and complimented me on the dress. I made a joke about it later with some of the guys (all happily married men) who share my cube wall. We talk over the cube alot, but don't usually talk face to face, and they commented on the dress... I insisted it was my "Vacation Preparation" ensemble, and I even went into their supercube to do a pirouette to show off the flare in the skirt. They couldn't stop laughing, and all 3 of them said they had never seen me as "excited" as I was today.

I think it was a combination of the vacation plans, and layering in the estratetraenol. Definitely loving the self effects of this one, and have super high hopes for the use of this around Hardass. On the home front, my sweetheart has been very sweet, but hasn't been nearly as chatty with this blend as he was with the Cuddle Bunny. I don't know if it's because the blend is so different, or if he had more to talk about at the beginning of the week than the end.

Regardless, this is definitely a winner in my book. I'll be ordering a spray version for better dispersion, and I think I will be ordering a tester of Goddess of the Blue Moon to see how this works with a scent crafted for the blend.

Love it!

Edited by teacozy

Great review, teacozy. I wished LFM would work that well for me, too. I also had the impression that people respect me more when I'm wearing it, but at the same time people seem to find me less approachable. But I'll still wear it for situations when I need more respect.

BTW: Goddess of the Blue Moon is a wonderful scent.

Well you've sold me on this one Teacozy! I will definitely have to try this at work when it arrives, sounds like it is great for work situations!

Just remember that I work in a mostly all male office.... And I am not in a senior position at this company. Of the 20 or so folks on my particular team, there is only one other girl... And she is a temp. I thought this would be a good workplace phero to start with over Swimming with Sharks because it can help tone down some of the sheer maleness around my project, while also making the guys not feel threatened, and feel a little more accommodating.

Since I am a 'minority' in this particular field, it seemed like a good reminder to drive in the fact that they need women to help round out their product and make it more appealing to both sexes. Having a token girl doesn't count for much if you ignore her insights and treat her like one of the guys. Seriously... They have asked my opinion in the past and I have pointed out things that would be so obvious to other women... And they have even gone so far as to tell me that I'm 'not like other women' in response so they weren't convinced. Definitely can feel like I am a diversity feather in their cap sometimes... Think the est in particular will help with that.

The one girl on my project deff seemed a bit more subdued around me when I was wearing it, but she is a temp, and is pretty soft spoken anyways and I went out of my way to make her smile, which I think helped counter any 'awe' vibes. It might not work as well for the workplace in a more gender mixed group.

I did have a brief interaction with another friend, female, in the hall... Thurs? And she didn't have much to say, but she was all smiles... She is senior to me tho, so that could also have been the social aspect coming out or just the fact that we hadn't seen each other in a week or two.

Edited by teacozy

Australian male colleague whom I have never spoken to for the 15 months I have been with the organisation.

He's into scents which I was not aware of. He commented " vanilla" the moment I sat down .... The vanilla in OCCO Ambrosia. He was quite friendly as compared to the cool and quiet image he projects all the time.

Ohh geez, now you find this out :lol: ...always fun to share with someone who has that kind of appreciation..gotta watch out for those quiet ones,you never know what lurks beneath :001_302:

Teacozy !!! my oh my,what a wonderful review and experince of a blend that sounds perfect for your workplace,and with self-effects like that too,woo who could ask for more...have fun on your trip! :abfx:

This phero is the BOMB!

Wore it to my lunch meeting, double and triple stares from EVERYONE. I was so charming and funny during lunch and everyone at my table had a blast!

I mentioned how old I was and client said women are the most beautiful at my age 34-38. I was taken seriously and the waiter was super attentive- which at this restaurant , the service is always horrid because everyone is an actor/ singer/ model, and there are tons of industry types and business peeps over in this area.

Also asked director would it be okay to expense our lunch, ( normally we have to put in request and give a heads up so it can be noted somewhere, but being me, I forgot and boss said..ooh I don't know we need approval for that.. )so I went straight to the source, and didn't even hesitate to say yes.

Well, now! THAT'S what I'm TALKIN' about!!! Stuff ROCKS.

And the same goes for you, teacozy! Great review, there!!!

Hi, I wanted to post a review because I opted for the free samples, I hope it has not been more than 2 weeks, I really wanted to give it a fair review.

Unfortunatley even after posting for help in other forums, I've tried a bunch of different things and haven't noticed *anything* with this blend, which was pretty disappointing :( I know that some just don't work for people and perhaps I should have tried something like Open Windows for my first blend, but I just really liked the sound of this. I made sure I shook it well after each application, and went out many different times in different situations with different amounts, giving the different amounts different trials as well, and making sure to combine it with a light scent to mask any unpleasant smells (although to me and my friend it smells fine). It doesn't really seem to affect me personally either, I did feel unusually good and confident going out one day, but I think it was more that I'd spent a long time getting ready and I liked my outfit, the effect wore off soon after. That's not to say at all that I go around looking at my shoes and ignoring people, I just didn't feel any different in particular.

I will update this review if anything changes, I do continue to use it when I go out, I feel really bad because I don't want to give an incorrect review, but I've tried this in so many different ways in so many different situations, and, nada :/

I may end up trading this? I read about people doing this in other forums, not sure how it works, but I would be interested.

Something that may mess with this review a bit if I do see a change is that I had a sample of Purple Puff with LAM, which I sometimes layer over the LFM...have not yet seen a reaction with that but it was only quite quite recently that I started this, I will post a review on that if I see a difference.

The only thing I have noticed, and this was layering the Purple Puff/LAM lightly over the LFM, is that a male friend I don't know very well came over, and I was feeling kind of sad. We hugged for a long time and he said, "I'm not usually such a cuddly person!" I do remember when I first met him he was somewhat taken aback by the fact that I hugged him, but again I don't know him well enough to know how out of the ordinary this really is, and if something was working, if it was the LAM kicking in...

Well cops do have a magnetic affect on most men. All I know is that LFM works wonders on my MIL. We ate their yesterday & she was a bit crabby due to hot flashes, I would be if I were getting them in 100+ weather too! Anyway she responded really nicely, didn't get grumpy with me when I passed off my tuna burger to the SO (I don't like tuna), we had a lot of fun.

Why haven't I purchased this yet??? Beccah, your MIL sounds like my boss. So many times when you've mentioned her, I think of my boss, so I'm hoping I will have similar success!!

Now, I just have to decide on a scent...

Why haven't I purchased this yet??? Beccah, your MIL sounds like my boss. So many times when you've mentioned her, I think of my boss, so I'm hoping I will have similar success!!

I don't know why you haven't eitner! This is a wonder phero to wear around both sexes

If so, you better get to purchasing woman! ;)

Yes, you won't regret it, GL!!

And I highly suggest wearing this when doing some big ticket shopping. I was just popping in to do some window shopping for a dishwasher. Had to beat the salespeople off with sticks and they ended up giving me a deal that I just don't understand how he could get away with knocking that much money off of it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to get LFM 2x, I LOVE this stuff !!

Hey you guys....do you think I'm old enough to try LFM 2x ???? :icecream: I wanna play with the big girls !

Edited by liz

I tested this out at work last night. It didn't work as well as Open Windows does for boosting my tips, (still made 18-20% across the board, but no 30% and above), but it sure made me seem very attractive! Twice last night, as I was walking away after taking an order, I heard people whisper, "She's so pretty!" Two tables, about an hour apart from each other, the *exact* same words, all women who commented. So, win for the prettier with LFM, but not so sure yet about gratuity-boosting capacity. I did notice that all my tables seemed to take me very seriously, which struck me as odd. I'm a pretty good-natured server - I laugh, and chat with my customers quite a lot. But last night I noticed that no matter what I wound up chatting about, my customers looked very interested and serious - as if I'd been saying something of great importance, which I surely wasn't. Interesting effects. I look forward to testing LFM some more.

I tested this out at work last night. It didn't work as well as Open Windows does for boosting my tips, (still made 18-20% across the board, but no 30% and above), but it sure made me seem very attractive! Twice last night, as I was walking away after taking an order, I heard people whisper, "She's so pretty!" Two tables, about an hour apart from each other, the *exact* same words, all women who commented. So, win for the prettier with LFM, but not so sure yet about gratuity-boosting capacity. I did notice that all my tables seemed to take me very seriously, which struck me as odd. I'm a pretty good-natured server - I laugh, and chat with my customers quite a lot. But last night I noticed that no matter what I wound up chatting about, my customers looked very interested and serious - as if I'd been saying something of great importance, which I surely wasn't. Interesting effects. I look forward to testing LFM some more.

I was reading somewhere that DHEAS have a "beautifying" effect! And sounds like that overall "queen bee" effect that LFM is having on everyone!

I need to get this back out. I was skipping over it for awhile but this is all I am going to take to HG's to spend this weekend with him. I am going to start wearing the same phero for one week (unless it is an emergency) I seem to notice a lot more effects that way.