Cherub's Kiss

LadyVictoria

Cherub's Kiss

The sweetest blush of first love, with a sultry touch of teasing tempting mischief: deliciously ripe strawberry and pear are cozily kissed with brown-sugared musk and the exotic earthiness of dark Indian patchouli.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a very sweet Spring scent. On me wet, its like a light glazed pear. Not just pear but pear with something sugary and glaez-y, I don't get any strawberries though it's all just a really soft pear at this point. I will retest. Gotta have my strawberries and want to see how they go together

Mmmmmmm!!! I *love* this one! I get a soft, juicy strawberry and miraculously the pear does NOT amp on me! I can wear pear! It's so soft and snuggly and lovable this one... perfect for creating cozy feeling!

So...apparently Pear + Strawberries= Green granny smith apple!

This is total sweet apple on me so of course I love it because I love apple scents. I am notorious for getting Pear and apple mixed up though...thought Marigold and Amaranth was pear for the longest time.

But there was something strange (in a good way) lingering around the sides of this and couldn't figure it out but it gives the fruit some depth and must be the patchouli?

I like this and will be going in for further testing today for final analysis...

I think it's the patchouli that pokes around in the background, I thought to myself that might be the only note that might not work for some, but on me it's a yummy blend w/the Amber that keeps it from floating away.

Mmmmmm! I like this more than I thought I would!! Brown sugar can get kind of strong on me, but I think the patchouli balances it. And the patchouli melds with the strawberry in an amazing way. And then I get just a hint of pear. And this doesn't evolve much on me. Good chance this will go on my full bottle list!

I had been wondering how this would turn out on me...I love strawberry musk (fruit musk in general, but especially strawberry). And so I get two qualities specifically now, although with aging this may change.

-A wonderfully true strawberry accord, with just the slightest touch of tartness on the top. I'm thinking maybe the pear in this case is helping to provide that quality.

-A really sexy boho/hippie musk underneath, perfect for the strawberry. This is like a total 70s-era evocation on me, love it!

Another must-have for me!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had been wondering how this would turn out on me...I love strawberry musk (fruit musk in general, but especially strawberry). And so I get two qualities specifically now, although with aging this may change.

-A wonderfully true strawberry accord, with just the slightest touch of tartness on the top. I'm thinking maybe the pear in this case is helping to provide that quality.

-A really sexy boho/hippie musk underneath, perfect for the strawberry. This is like a total 70s-era evocation on me, love it!

Another must-have for me!

THIS. This is how it works on me. I was huffing my arms constantly yesterday! :wub: You know, it really *smells* like a Mara/John collaboration! Know what I mean?

Wore my sample vial of this out today. This is one that changes drastically on me from the time I put it on until it dries down. I get all the lovely, sweet fruitiness at first, but then within twenty minutes the musk seems to come out to play, which on my skin makes it a little soapy and powdery. The combination actually smells a little bit menthol-ly to me. Sadly musk just doesn't seem to work on my skin, no matter how much fruit is with it :(

I never thought I liked pear, it's funny because I always thought I liked peach scents, I had Peaches and Cream Barbie as little girl, and I love that peach pie Marie Callender's sells, but for some reason peach does not work on me, yet- and I always associated pear, with a beer like scent. Never liked pear scents, always hated the smell especially Pear Glace from Victoria's Secret. Ugh. However, I have learned just because I think I can't wear something, or don't like it, should mean kaputt. ( my 2 year old's favorite word now a days ~ apparently he used to be German in another life. ) Cherub's Kiss totally changed my mind about pear. I love how this smells on me! It starts off like a very sweet and sugary pear that tickles you and makes you blush. Pear is the dominant note that comes out on me, and I enjoy it very much! After about an hour or so then the strawberry emerges and gives it a sweeter after glow. My faith has been restored in pear scents. I know do not associate them with smelling like beer anymore. I do love this scent for Spring and Summer. It has a nice happy sweet glow about it. Very cute and flirty.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized I never reviewed this.

I love Cherub's Kiss. Unfortunately, it doesn't love me back. Yet. I'm holding onto my sampler to see if it might work out at a later date.

I don't get a lot of pear. What I do get right off is a musky scent - almost an earthy musk - and then the strawberry creeps in, and the two mingle beautifully together for hours and hours. The only thing I don't like about this fragrance is that something in it gives me a headache. Now, all I have to do is decide whether it's Advil-worthy, as I am not adverse to popping an Advil or two in order to wear a delicious perfume like this one.

• 1 year later...

This has aged so beautifully! I'm so glad I finally broke down & got a bottle in this past year's sale. I don't have to eat Advil when I wear it anymore, (YAY!), and while there's still something earthy about the scent, the pear has finally made an appearance, (also: YAY!), and seems to tame the strawberry just a bit. Maybe they're just mingling a little more than they did when this perfume was young? I don't know. I do know it smells amazing and youthful. :)

• 4 months later...

Omg I cannot believe I am amping patch. I smell like an old closet. What happened to the cute sugary pear that I used to smell with this???? I wore this because the label is to die for and I go for my ultra sound today. I have to wash it off though I can't deal with the patch stabbing and burning my precious nose hairs.

• 6 months later...

This scent is one that I liked the first time I sniffed it from the vial. And then the next time, I didn't. I found it strong and overly perfumey. But it was time to try it today as part of my "alphabetical order" thingie for my non-phero'd trial sizes, and honestly, I didn't really want to wear it because I remembered that last time when I didn't like it. Luckily, I'm back to liking it again. Changeable much? lol.

Anyway...I definitely get fruity. I thought apple, but now that I've read pear, I think that's what I'm getting. I don't get strawberry. I do get a touch of musk. Not much, though. It has good staying power; this has lasted me all day, and I kept getting whiffs of myself and thinking I smell kind of delicious.

Those who do not like soapy scents may want to avoid, as I can imagine that some noses would interpret the scent as soapy. It kind of smells like fruity shampoo. Me, I like soapy, so I enjoy it.

I don't know if I'd want a full bottle of this or not. I really don't. Maybe if it was on the trade board (I think it's sold out?) and a good price? Otherwise there are just too many other scents that I LOVE that would have to come first. I think. Maybe.

• 1 year later...

I just want to note that this has aged beautifully. WOW. I put it on for bed the other night, after not having worn it for quite a while, and it got all over my sheets. Now all I can think about is going back to bed, 'cause it smells so good in there! :lol: Srsly. If I had the dough to spare I'd be picking up a few extra bottles because NOM.

Well Eggers review prompted me to pull this guy out last night. It's been rather neglected, I got it in a trade awhile back and at that time I found it too pear forward. I'm not a big fan of pear, unfortunately. I do like to eat em though!

Anyway, in the aging process the pear has receded, and now it's alllll about the aged mellow butter soft patch. It's freakin LOVELY patchouli, I could eat it with a spoon! The strawberry and musk are perfect too, everything in harmony, and as Luna has stated, this has a really nice retro late 60's lovefest kinda vibe going on. It's almost incensy to me, I love it!

And it lasts and lasts. Those lucky enough to have sniffed Lor's Honeyed Strawberry and Musk will recognize the musk, and similarity in general between the two scents. They are so similar in fact that I feel I can use LHSM a lot more often now that I have this. I even like this better due to the to die for patch. It isn't a scent for everyone, but those that enjoy this kind of throwback vibe will really appreciate it!

Right? I love how patchouli ages. The pear seems to have disappeared from mine, too. I get this incredible soft blend of patchouli, strawberry and musk. The strawberry is there so subtle, it adds the perfect level of fruitiness. It's the gentlest strawberry.

Might have to wear this again today.