Hanagumori

Beccah

AD-Hanagumori-LovePotion.jpg

Hanagumori

Recalling the elegant subtlety of a classic floriental perfume, our lovely creation frames beauteous African Violet with prized Pink Lotus absolute and other slightly spicy Japanese florals with a touch of vanilla musk on a plush satiny pillow of amber. With an evocation of powdered silk, this scent is wonderfully long-lasting and sensual yet demure. It whispers its allure as delicately as the breath of a breeze through a garden in full bloom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

AFRICAN VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
PINK LOTUS ABSOLUTE ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect,
mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA (dry, powdery, not sweet) ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence
and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This scent is a win for me. Wet something comes off as a little tangy, which I love. On dry-down the white amber & musk are coming through & making this beautiful. It smells elegant the way that orchid does, but it is definitely not orchid. I love this one.
ETA: My 5 yr.old approves, he said I smelled good..like hugs n kisses ;)

ETA: My 5 yr.old approves, he said I smelled good..like hugs n kisses ;)

That's the best description! ItIt really is a cozy scent. I loooooooooooooooooooove the lotus in here. It's not a light musk, but it's kind of subtle in this perfume. I don't get a ton of vanilla, but I think it's what gives this a soft, snuggly feeling.

This one starts off green on me. I smelled something green in there like grass.. or bamboo. Something very off, then it dried down to something very powdery soft and beautiful! The razor sharp green faded away and just bloomed into this delicate and very pretty scent! I didn't think I was going to like it because of how it started off on me but the dry down was so lush and pretty!

It was like very very fresh and exquisite flowers that are rare and expensive.

I was really curious initially about this scent as violets are one of the few florals that I like, but I was weary of the orchid/lotus flower because I just don't like powdery scents, especially powdery florals. I can see how others do, and I appreciate the light, delicate & very feminine vibe they give off, but it's just not a Rosebud scent.

Anywho....I was going to just put this on my trading post after sniffing the vial. All I got was powdery soft florals, but I thought I'd give it a go "just for shits & giggles". Initially it was powdery floral, but after just a few minutes that note faded & out came my beloved violet. Not a strong violet scent like my all time violet fave OCCO Purple, but definitively violets :) And it's on a lovely base of vanilla & amber. It does fade fairly quickly unfortunately but I still really like it.

I'm thinking I might use this vial to add scent to a spray mini-bottle of La Femme Mystere, with a drop or two of OCCO Purple to add a touch more oouumpf to the violet :001_302:

Edited by Rosebud

That's eerie Rosebud, just this morning I was considering nearly the same mix of LFM and Hanagumori (minus the purple OCCO, that I have a btl of, hmm...I'll have to remember that). The description of Hanagumori sounds lovely, like a teasing memory......signature ?

but in my haste to order the LFM spray I forgot to order the Hanagumori trial sz btl 34.gif

Edited by liz

Wow, Rosebud & I tend to be scent twins but I'm surprised it faded so quickly on her....it lasted aaaaallll day on me, and was still going gangbusters when I showered it off..

Mmmmm.....Maybe not (the surprise bit I mean). I applied it on the back of my hand, and I had washed my hands just a few minutes earlier. My skin is beyond dry so it probably ate it up. I'll try it tomorrow after my regular slathering in body oil :)

I really really LOVE this one. I am terrified of florals but this is so amazingly beautiful and romantic smelling! This reminds me of the floral version of Halos Angelique- probably because of the white amber vanilla musk combo- I didn't think I would like this one, but WOW it's so very pretty! Smells wonderful and expensive! This and Sensual Harmony have blown my socks off this month~

Yes I did grab a bottle of this one as well.

I'd like to get this one in a spray, I bet that would make it even more gorgeous. Betrothal Potion is like that, it's makes floral loving people linger & sniff :)

I love the way this starts out powdery-sweet on me, and figured maybe as long as it didn't go old lady-powdery (as violet tends to do) then it might be one I could wear in spring-summer, but then the lotus did a crazy-loud amping thing (which it tends to do). Given all the great properties of lotus I am *sadface* I can't wear it normally. BUT fans of the powdery florals should really enjoy this one.

wet....I didn't care for, is there vanilla in this, 20 minutes later the dry down is soft and pretty :)

GAH! Love this!! I am not a violet fan, so I don't think I'm getting much of it, thank goodness. Not a lot of vanilla either... On me it's musk, lotus and amber - I really think this will be a bottle!

I'm not sure about this one yet. Wet, I could really smell the lotus and florals and a little bit of sweetness. As it dried down it turned to mostly the vanilla and amber and musk on me - sweet and cozy. Not that I don't like that, it just reminds me a LOT of another perfume that my grandma used to wear - Far Away (by Avon). It's a little odd, having something that smells like her, but it's a nice cozy odd. So on me, this turns to a sweet powdery long lasting cozy scent.

I wanted this to work so badly. The first notes were warm and promising. But within 10 minutes my floral curse struck. The perfume went to an extremely soapy smell on me, the kind that makes people sneeze.

I noted elsewhere that I had one of my friends try it. It smelled incredible. I was so jealous. I love this perfume. Just not on me.

• 3 years later...

This one is so pretty; I like it a lot. Very fresh and floral, maybe the teensiest bit powdery. I love the notes, too. And on me, it lasted all day. Great staying power.

I love this. Don't think I ever reviewed it though.

It's a pretty, feminine, sophisticated & subtle fragrance. On me it quickly become a "skin scent" and for such a delicate scent it does have some longevity. Very nice. Anytime you want to feel female and elegant this is a great choice.

I love this. Don't think I ever reviewed it though.

It's a pretty, feminine, sophisticated & subtle fragrance. On me it quickly become a "skin scent" and for such a delicate scent it does have some longevity. Very nice. Anytime you want to feel female and elegant this is a great choice.

I agree. This is my 'go to' office friendly fragrance. When all the bottles were sold out, I bought five samples and made a bottle of my own. I am getting low and will definitely miss it when it's gone. My other standbys for the office are Pillow Patter and Temperance, and every now and then Sneaky Clean.

• 1 year later...

This has got to be one of the prettiest violets I have ever worn. I actually, without looking, might not even peg it as a Violet floral. Maybe that speakes to the type of violet fragrances I was used to before LP. I just never cared for it before.

I now have a couple of favorite Violets. But, this is #1. It's so very close to the skin. But, surprisingly deep. So feminine, all woman. But, for all ages.

I'm wearing this today with my x2 Cougar. I had not planned on it. But, gorgeous.

Edited by StacyK