Question of ethics?

katz

So... Now that I know for MYSELF that pheros work very well for my guy and me... I'm very curious to find out if they work for HIM. But I'm not sure I want to tell him that I use them. I'd just like to have him try some of the 'social' blends for men, like Charisma or MVP, ones that might give him a little edge at work. There are a lot of headstrong folks he has to work with and ...well doggone it I want to see him do well! Would that be ...shady of me to do? I've been dying to get him some yummy scents...and then this thought occurred to me as well, but I wondered at the ethics of it.

I'm know he gets effects from the ones I wear, is there good cause to be cautious about either of these phero blends being used "unaware"?

Interesting question!

On the one hand, if he were unaware he was wearing pheros, he would get a truly "clean" read on the effect...but he wouldn't know it, because he wouldn't know if the effect he got was caused (or amplified) by pheros or not. The problem might be determining what works and what doesn't. If you question him too closely he might be suspicious or uncomfortable.

Also, you need to ask yourself how he would/will feel once he discovers that you've been having him use pheros. Even if he gets great results, he might be angry or resentful if he thinks you don't think he can create great results "on his own".

Another scenario might be that you take him into your confidence and "scheme" with him..."let's get you as successful as we can with this stuff!" kind of thing.

I look forward to reading more opinions!!

Ohh...you're right. I'd never want it to come off as 'I thought you NEEDED some help'. Gads, that would be awful. And of course NOT at all my thought here. I just know the bullies he works with sometimes. He's not the doormat type, but a little edge would probably be nice.

I wouldn't do it.

Your avi is TDF. I love the cat's expression which seems to say "MY BUNNEH NO ONE TOUCH EET"

*drooling* as is yours, my dear! The avi change goes w/ my new 'level...heh.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the wronger it seems. I'd just love for him to have a secret weapon at hand when he needs it.

I do not think you should give him the pheros to use without telling him what they are and what they do. Even if a multi-vitamin is a good idea, you do not sneak it into an adutl's food, right?

So the big question is whether you tell him that you are using them or not. I rather suppose that like my wife he is going to find the bottles at some point and wonder what they are. I would. "What does Cuddle Bunny Phero-Blend mean?" My wife already knew what they were so I did not have to explain the idea to her. I just explained it to her in terms of using them to help our relationship, work, etc. Once you explain how effective they have been with you two, then tell him how effective they have been for other guys at work. I use them at work successfully.

To this day my wife just considers pheros one of my crazy interests. Of course she gets suspicious any time she picks up a new scent on me:

Wife: "Did you put something on to try to seduce me?"

Me: "I would be trying to separate you from your panties whether I was wearing pheros or not."

Edited by quietguy

That's the other thing QG... Do I want him to know I've been "using"?

I started off with just cops to be sure I'd have his interest...THAT way. When things got more established, I got curious and tried a few other blends ALL of which seemed to up the level of enjoyment for us both. I have since made sure that I did NOT wear anything for a night...for my own sake as well to be sure things are good *without*. I know, it's silly. I know that pheros don't MAKE things happen that would not anyway...but I'm also still working on my confidence.

Do I leave well enough alone and if he asks, casually explain that they enhance? That would be my choice. I don't want to make him think I'm some kind of puppetmaster wanna-be. Nor do I want him to feel duped.

I think I'll just get him some yummy UN-phero'd blends. If he's curious down the road, we can go there together. Thanks guys!

Do I want him to know I've been "using"?

Well yeah, that would potentially cause an issue. I was up front with my phero usage with Quince from the outset, so when I gave him phero'd scents to use, he knew what they were. He still doesn't believe they work, entirely, but he's willing to try those I can explain would have a potentially positive effect in certain situations.

Here is my take on it...in this case....I would not try to separate the explanation of the pheromones from the explanation of the scents.

I would say, 'I have a friend who makes POTIONS....different fragrance formulas that are supposed to effect people in different ways...like the smell of chocolate chip cookies makes people feel cozy and nurtured, and different clean scents are supposed to give people an edge in the workplace. I know it may sound nutty, but it's pretty much common knowledge that people's opinions about you and the whole mood in a room can be effected by scent combinations. Would you be willing to try some at work? Could smooth out the problem you are having with so-and-so?'

If you are wanting him to try LP stuff anyway - I do not think that using scents with intent paired with pheros are that far apart as a concept, so I do not see the need to explain it to death. You'd have to tell him if you asked him to wear something unscented, of course - THAT would require explanation. But a phero in a perfume potion is just another ingredient.

Oooh, also interesting! He already is aware of my fragrance addiction, and my love of LP and da Mawa... He almost fell face-first into my perfume collection one day, heh. I'll have to chew that over. Damn my Gemini nature! I can see the point of both cases...and not easily do I make up my mind!

I don't think he's one to slather...he's rather modest in what he wears now. Oh bother... decisions decisions...

it is never a good idea to sneak anything past you significant other. It normally turns out badly, at least that is my experience. I would suggest that it might be a good idea but let him decided if the wants to give them a go or not

That's the other thing QG... Do I want him to know I've been "using"?

This made me laugh. Like it's crack. Wait a minute it is! I would explain it as aromatherapy.

Spirit water. The breath of the dragon. Elixir of life. Adam's apple juice. Feng Shiznit!

Success Sesame. Liquid Zappo. Horse Tranqz to take those fuckers down at work.

Never sneak. Honesty is most impt in a relationship.

For all you know, he might have done a search on LPMP already and already suspects that you're using pheros.

Ask him if he's interested in using something which might help him since it works for you. If he ask about you and your usage, you'll might have to come clean.

• 1 year later...

ZMG.. This is an old thread but very interesting. I can see this as a question asked many more times... Katz it is a conundrum... may I ask what did you decide?

Well, I am not Katz, but I never told anyone about the pheros until my current man.....and it was a couple of years in, if I remember correctly. Hell, now he uses them. He is funny too. If there is something wild or out-of-the-ordinary crazy, he will say...."Did you phero me?" LOL

That's great that you can share it with your man! I'd get some for my husband but he doesn't hardly wear any. When he does, I actually question why? LOL As long as I've known him he's been a shampoo and deodorant guy - that's all I smell. I'd love to cuddle to some men's LP and see if I get phero'd by him! Oh well.

I'd love to cuddle to some men's LP and see if I get phero'd by him! Oh well.

Well, I will throw some pheros on and you can come cuddle me. If you feel anything around some old, bald, overweight guy, then you know they work haha! In which case you take them to hubby and say "Wear these if you know what is good for you! 'Cause even the old bald overweight guy gets lucky with his hot younger wife when he does .. " :lol:

Edited by quietguy

QG, you totally could be the poster boy for phero effects!! I don't care how you may want to describe yourself, I'm pretty sure your wife thinks you're a babe! Moustache_Baby_Pacifier_Shopify_Ecommerc

ZMG.. This is an old thread but very interesting. I can see this as a question asked many more times... Katz it is a conundrum... may I ask what did you decide?

Turns out I didn't have too much of a choice see this LINK

Turns out he's quite ok with it, so long as I only use the naughty stuff w/him, and tell him about the ones that he now wears and enjoys - I'm very lucky!

Edited by katz