Boosting with Cops-Heavy Pheros

I think I've finally decided that I'd like to go, (for the most part), the UN-phero route for pheros that aren't too cops heavy. As I understand it, phero-blends like Stone Cougar, Lumina and Cuddle Bunny are fairly easy to cover with a straight scent. This seems like the more affordable way to go.

But for the cops-heavy pheros like Blatant Invitation and Sexpionage, I was thinking that I'd prefer to boost them, (because I'm a bit on the lazy side and don't want to have to wait for the phero-blend to dry down before I apply a perfume, and then have to wait for the perfume to dry down as well - my morning routine is just not that long!). So I'm wondering how heavy the perfume that I'm boosting them into has to be in order to cover the cops odour? For instance, could I boost lighter fragrances like LP Summer '09 with a cops-heavy phero blend like Sexpionage? Or would it ruin the perfume?

Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which are the hardest coppy phero blends to cover by layering with straight perfumes?

It's a good question...I'm always worried about ruining the perfume too.

I learned my lesson about drydown with the UNs the other night. I wanted to wear Sexology to watch movies with HG so I threw on Any Color You Like and a few spritzes of UN Sexology. Waited a few minutes and went out to the movie room. The smells just go away so fast for me I swear I have convinced myself they are undetectable to others. Big mistake.

I threw my wrist up to his nose so he could get a snootful of his faorite LP and he was all "Mmmm! love that one."

Then he snoogled up to my neck and WRENCHED BACK!

"YICK!!! Why do you always trick me by wearing something yummy on your arms and then something VILE on your chest!!!"

I was like :wacko:

SO...yeah...probably need to boost Sexology with something.

It's just hard because I want to wear different scents at any given moment so I hate to limit one phero to one scent...

But I would like to hear what people have successfully boosted with what...

It's really better to use a foody perfume with a cops-heavy blend, fruit and honey based blends are the best for cops covering. But I normally just go ahead and use the fragrance which has been created as a cover for that particular blend, as Mara specifically creates scents to blend/cover such mixes and that's why she pairs them as she does.

The add-ins I've done with sexual blends have been to attempt the sort of analogous relationship as an original:

-Shelly B's Naughty, Sweet & Dirty w/Sexology

Since this PE was created as a simpler version of scented Sexology, it was a natural to pair with that phero.

-Sugared Honeycomb w/P-com Cuddle Bunny

What a sexual agenda needs is a sexual scent, booya!

And you could always ask Da Mara first,if in doubt... that being said LP Red will take anything :001_302: ... I don't have any UN heavy cop blends,I don't think anway ,and would not use any cops in a spray,personally,altho I do have and luv Captivation Equation with is LAM and it only came in a spray...Lace is a good one for boosting too! I have Lace boosted into Bunns of Cinn<oil> Sugared Pure and Sugared Frank & Myrh,both in spray...Cougar goes with most anything,have in LP Red <oil> with xtra cops,LP Original with Heart & Soul &,one with BI <oils> which works great,damn forgot about that one ...there are more I know,many are GGG

...then again I get great results with most all Mara's ready made blends! oooo the new Red Lace sounds ah-maze-ing...soon very soon :w00t:

@ MissDC, I too would like to wear different scents. I think I'm mainly concerned with how heavier, foody scents will *feel* to wear in during the summer months. I'd like to be able to wear a slightly sheerer scent, but still have the benefit of wearing whatever phero-blend I feel like. BTW, I'm also always worried about the cops smell coming through my perfume when I first apply. I put on some CB, (what else? ;) ), a few nights ago when I got out of the shower. When I came into the living room I found one of my boyfriend's buddies on the sofa, and it was DIHL all over the place! Doh! And I felt self-conscious all night because I wasn't sure how much he could smell the actual cops before it dried.

I think maybe I should get myself a bottle of plain EoW so that I can practice my nose & get used to what cops smell like, so that I can properly identify them.

@ Luna, when you're talking about foody scents, am I right in thinking you're referring to heavier, creamier, thicker scents? Or would fruity scents fall under the foody title, too? Or are they too light?

Of the ready-made scents that are available, I'm more than happy with most that I've tried, and for the sake of my poor finances(!), I will probably gravitate toward them whenever I can. But a good example would be Extracurricular Proclivities: I love the smell, but not being a fan of the incense thing on my skin, I'd like to find something different to add Bang! to. Problem is that I don't know how stinky a blend it is, so I don't know how heavy the perfume needs to be, or how light it could be, if I wanted it to be.

@Calii, I can't see myself using cops in a spray, either. I'd be afraid of getting it in my hair! I'm already paranoid about getting it on my bra!

And Red Lace + cop? Uh... I'M IN! LOL! Can't wait for that one! :D

I think in general I was just wondering about some of the lighter fragrances and their ability to cover the cops, because I've never smelled them on their own, I don't know how to gauge. I'm a bit wistful for light, summery scents at the moment, as the weather has turned incredibly warm where I live. Anyone ever notice that heavier perfumes make you feel warm in hot weather? Or is it just me? That's my biggest concern here - wearing a perfume that makes me feel like I'm wearing the scent equivalent of a heavy, wooly sweater in the middle of a hot, humid summer. Because unless there's an ocean nearby, I'm a big baby about the heat! Lol! The thought of getting all hot and heavy while wearing a wooly sweater on a humid day makes me grumpy - just the thought of it makes me feel faint.

I suppose when in doubt, ask Mara would be the best course of action.

Thanks everybody! I appreciate the input. :)

@ Luna, when you're talking about foody scents, am I right in thinking you're referring to heavier, creamier, thicker scents? Or would fruity scents fall under the foody title, too? Or are they too light?

Some fruit scents are robust enough to cover/blend with the cops. If you really wanted to wear cops every day you'd probably be better off wearing an OCCO and then layering another scent with it. Like OCCO White would go well with different spring/summer blends, IMO.

Fruits are excellent in covering the cops.....Shelly's Bodacious Bomb was created specifically for covering Sexpionage.....

Mermaids of Atlantis 2012 is a lighter fruity, watery blend, and it covers cops wonderfully.....

@ Luna, I just got the Occo trial set in my last order, so I've been practicing with those! ;)

I also got the Lam sampler, and have been having fun with them, too. Insane how light they are... great for layering under scents, too.

@ Dolly. The Cops Queen! Lol... you were actually what got me thinking about this in the first place. Maybe I'll get a sample of Mermaids next time I place an order. I'd love to find something light and summery like that. And I love the aquatic fragrances. It's really hot here today, and I'm sitting here wearing a nice, rich foody scent, but it doesn't seem to go with the weather - it's making me feel hotter! I need something that makes me think pools and streams & oceans & breezes. I'm on the hunt now...

Thank you both!

ETA, if anybody has any successful boosting ideas for pairing lighter, summery, (preferably) fruity scents with any of the sexual blends, I'd be interested in hearing them.

Edited by Eggers

MDC, just went to read the description for Shelly's Bodacious B. Friggin' yummy! And the answer I was looking for was right there: it was made specifically to cover Sexpionage! Doh! Guess I'm adding another bottle to the list!

I think I'm addicted to Lam Pink Amber. Holy hell that stuff smells great! I would love to get a huge vat of it, and dive right in. I can see myself wearing that a lot in the summer. I really liked the Spicy Brown Sugar and the Original, too. But I wasn't really sold on the Sandalwood & Resins or the Orchid/Rose.

A fruity Occo would be great. I haven't tried the Occo Purple on my skin yet, but it smells pretty purple in the vial! Yummeh!

@ Dolly. The Cops Queen! Lol... you were actually what got me thinking about this in the first place. Maybe I'll get a sample of Mermaids next time I place an order. I'd love to find something light and summery like that. And I love the aquatic fragrances. It's really hot here today, and I'm sitting here wearing a nice, rich foody scent, but it doesn't seem to go with the weather - it's making me feel hotter! I need something that makes me think pools and streams & oceans & breezes. I'm on the hunt now...

Mermaids has a tangy seaweed-y note in it along with the fruit, so the cops hide really well, even though it is on the lighter side.

Honey is a good cover for cops, so is vanilla.....but they don't necessarily have to be thick and foody.....I am not much into foodies as a general rule, and neither is my man.....I am a resin girl.....amber does the trick for a good cover as well....anywhoooo, even though I like mostly darker scents, I like to keep a few lighter ones on hand too.....Mermaids is good, I like LP Original as well, and another good one for summer wear is the scented Cougar....I boosted mine with extra cops (a LOT of extra cops....LOL), and it hides them perfectly.....

The LAMs and OCCOs are great.....I love LAM original or sandalwood right out of the shower before snuggle time.....they are almost "not there" scent-wise, but they darn sure do the trick!!!

and another good one for summer wear is the scented Cougar....I boosted mine with extra cops (a LOT of extra cops....LOL), and it hides them perfectly...

oooooo,I can vouch for this,Cougar is perfect for summer...one note Dolly IS the cops Queen,and experienced,so you might want to have Mara boost it for you for the extra $5...it only takes ruining one of your precious to learn the hard way :(

...oh and OCCO Pink goes really well with Cougar IMO :D

Thanks again, Dolly. I was kind of wondering about vanilla, too, as a cops cover. I love honey scents, too.

Funny how peoples' tastes change. I used to love dark, rich scents, and I still do like some, but at the moment I'm leaning very heavily toward foodie stuff, fruity blends, as well as fruit/floral blends - and of course, honey. And I think I'm kind of an pink amber fan. I didn't even know there was such a thing until I came here, but at the moment, I can't seem to get enough! Lol!

Calii, thanks for the tip - I never would have thought to make this pairing, but I'm going to try it.

As far as boosting goes, I think I'll leave it to the pros. I'd hate to ruin one of my perfumes. That would make me so sad, as I've been having so much fun! :D

A fruity Occo would be great. I haven't tried the Occo Purple on my skin yet, but it smells pretty purple in the vial! Yummeh!

it's violet-based so I don't think it has any fruitiness. To me, OCCO Red is rather fruity in that it has a strong apricot note to it.

it's violet-based so I don't think it has any fruitiness. To me, OCCO Red is rather fruity in that it has a strong apricot note to it.

Lol! Well, violets are purple, aren't they! It smells purple to me - apparently it doesn't smell flowery to me though - more like fruit and flowers. But I haven't had it on my skin. You've got me curious now. Going to apply...

I paired Occo Red w/LP Red the other night, and just sat around enjoying my smell. Neither are very strong to my nose though, (however, I'm still getting over the cold from hell, so that may have something to do with it). For some reason I was expecting a huge blast of scent, but instead I got this close-to-the-skin softness that I couldn't stop smelling.

I'm enjoying the Occos I've tried so far. Luna, I think you and Dolly both suggested that little sampler the first time I posted. It's turned out to be a great choice, so thank you! :)

I'm enjoying the Occos I've tried so far. Luna, I think you and Dolly both suggested that little sampler the first time I posted. It's turned out to be a great choice, so thank you! :)

You're very welcome! The OCCOs are fab! I like Black and White the best.....they are killer as a combo too!

oooooo,I can vouch for this,Cougar is perfect for summer...one note Dolly IS the cops Queen,and experienced,so you might want to have Mara boost it for you for the extra $5...it only takes ruining one of your precious to learn the hard way :(

Maybe I should add a disclaimer......."don't try this at home"! LOL

Mara adds a good dose if you ask her to boost them for you......the reason I do them myself is that I usually have a bottle (or three) of EoW on hand (because I wear it straight up sometimes....usually with a cover....LOL), so it is not a biggie for me to boost the scents myself. But, I will say this....learning how much to add to a bottle of scent is as tricky as learning how much you should wear.....it can be a hard lesson to learn when you are dealing with scents that may sell out and you run the risk of ruining a bottle.....it is just that I HAVE been dealing with the stinky juice for MANY years, so I have had lots of practice.

Xev, you mentioned a while back that you made beta sprays lightly scented with Sugared Honeycomb - in the thread about UN pheros, I

think. Is this one of those?

Yes, its a spray in the 60/40 base with the "lightly scented" option. Sugared Honeycomb seems to blend well with just about all the scents I like. Honestly, I've never gotten a bad whiff of cops from BI even wet.

Another good choice would be UNE, which is Pherogirl sans cops.

Thanks Dolly. I'm pretty sure I'm not brave enough to go mixing my own EoW into anything. I haven't even smelled it straight before - I'm afraid! Lol! I keep thinking I should get a bottle to familiarize myself with the smell...

Xev, thanks for reminding me about this. I loved your idea of a 'scent undergarment.' How sexy can you get?

I was thinking about your suggestion a couple of weeks ago. Seems like this might be a great way to deal with the UN pheros: lightly scent them.

Is that option only available for the beta sprays? Or can you lightly scent an oil, too? (Or is this something I could do at home, I wonder?).

Anyway, I appreciate you reminding me of this. I think it's a fantastic idea, especially with Sugared Honeycomb and UNE. I think they'd probably work well with almost all the perfumes I like, too.

You could probably request an Un phero in oil to be lightly scented with a fragrance same way as with a beta spray; but that's a question for Mara.

Cheers, Luna! When I'm ready to try this, I'll ask her directly.

BTW, I tried some Occo Purple on my skin - it still just smells purple. As it was drying down though, it occurred to me that I don't think I have ever smelled a violet! Not knowingly, anyway. I've never even seen one. But I guess, to me, violets smell purple... lol

LOL!!! So I'm not alone, then!

I just put a little Perty Flirty beside my Occo Purple test-strip, (they're both violet, right???), and it smells kick-ass!

I guess it's settled then: I am a violet lover. (Even though I think it smells like fruit).

There. I said it. :D

Well Perty Flirty does have fruit in it.

To me the true "purple" smell is LP Summer Solstice '09 which is also known as LP Purple.

LP Summer Solstice '09 smells super-purple to me. It's currently fighting for first place among my favourites. Actually, (lol), that's the perfume I was curious about when I started this thread. I was wondering it's hearty enough to cover a blend like BI, Bang or Sexpionage.

I've never smelled any of the UN scented phero blends, nor have I smelled cops neat, so I have no frame of reference to help me figure out whether a particular perfume will cover those smells without ruining the perfume, (if I were to do an add-in).

I would think you'd just need to experiment; because offhand I'd say "no" but it wears very soft on me. It might be stronger on you.

Hot damn Luna, that was fast! I'll test it more before I do anything drastic. So far it sticks around pretty well, and prominently, too, for about 3 or 4 hours. Then it disappears entirely.

Probably the biggest pleasant surprises ive had for coverage are halo's Angelique, Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla, and sniffer's violet smoke, which all cover cops INVISIBLY despite being neither fruity nor honeyed. In fact I could swear the cops make AVV in particular even BETTER, gives it a teeny extra something, something similar to richness but not exactly....

Ive mentioned these individually elsewhere but I'm thinking super heavy pastry scents cover well. Kanary Kreme and buns of cinn cover even Bang.

Thats just custom boosts. I especially can't get over how fantastically comp positions, velvet kisses and Cops and robbers cover their respective Secret Treats. I give them ZERO drydown and they never give me a moment's stank.

Tyvey, thanks for the input. With the exception of Sniffer's Violet Smoke, which I haven't come across yet, the others are all scents I've either tried, (samples), or planned to try. I wondered how well AVV would cover cops. I'm glad to hear it does a good job of it. I love vanilla scents. It's awesome that so many different kinds of vanilla are used in LPs.

I got a sample of Kanary Kremes, which I loved! Buns of Cinn, too. Oh holy hell, does that stuff smell good! Both of them - made me want to gnaw my arm off.

I'm hoping to get a bottle of Velvet Kisses before it's gone. I missed it by days the first time around. And I have Cops & Robbers, too, which I love, but the BF didn't get off on. No pun intended. Meh... maybe pun intended! Lol! C&R smells like jelly doughnut on me - to my nose, anyway. But yeah, I've loved the majority of the pre-mixed perfume/phero combos that I've tried. And I'm a big fan of the convenience factor, too. Nice to just grab a bottle and go.

I missed Compromising Positions though. Bummed about that. I'm curious about the Sexpionage phero. Am I right in thinking that that one is about as difficult to cover as straight cops? I mean, it doesn't smell any worse? From the sounds of it, that would be almost frightening!

I haven't used AVV, but it's not surprising that it covers the cops.....vanilla always does a bang up job at covering the stinky sauce. Before I found LP, one of my fave mixes was a sweet vanilla single-note oil with E0W.....the drier vanillas will cover it, but it takes a little work.....the sweet ones work better.

Edited by Dolly

Guess I could always use the Nocos for this, too, couldn't I? I always forget about the Nocos. Just found out BF & both love LAM Pink Amber, so I s'pose if I really wanted, I could amp it with BI or something, right? Hmm... If they're strong enough to cover cops, they should be strong enough to cover other sexual phero blends. Is that right?

Guess I could always use the Nocos for this, too, couldn't I? I always forget about the Nocos. Just found out BF & both love LAM Pink Amber, so I s'pose if I really wanted, I could amp it with BI or something, right? Hmm... If they're strong enough to cover cops, they should be strong enough to cover other sexual phero blends. Is that right?

Should be......I would chat with Mara about it just to be sure....she would know all the scoop!

Will do Dolly, thanks. I plan to talk to or at least email her before I do any boosting. I don't want to wind up ruining a perfume. Right now I'm just trying to figure out what the best options are. :)

LOL! I know. *I* loved it. Can't remember what the man said it smelled like, but it wasn't jelly doughnut. Maybe I should try it again. Maybe it just hadn't dried down properly yet... I *do* remember that it did what it's supposed to. ;)