A Lick of Cream

LadyVictoria

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the richest cream scent around, right now?

beth's blushing milkmaid

In my opinion, Blushing Milkmaid is quite a bit more sheer....more milky, I think. A Lick of Cream is more dense and heavy sweet cream to my nose - plus it has some gentle spices in it too. Yes, I think it's the richest cream scent we have at the moment, but if you want to try others in that family, Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla is a great one to try. It's a whole list of different vanillas combined together, and quite creamy too.

Your nose no question more reliable than mine so people, listen to Mara, lol...interesting thought though that it may be at least as much in my MIND as my skin or even my nose......maybe I have associations/memories/unconscious biases that steer my experience. Very cool

That's very powerful and nothing to be discounted. Our sense of smell is directly hooked up to the part of the brain that stores memories. Cool stuff.

:yeahthat: x 1000 ... scent memory/association truly is a power force/source! A never ending fascination,as varied as there are subjects...err,peoples :D

I'm waiting for my sample of Lick of Cream to arrive and i tested out BMM, AVV and OCCO White on different spots on my arms. BMM is quite sheer to my nose, OCCO White has a little "sour" scent till it completed melded with my skin chemistry(that's prob the cops) while AVV is sweet, rather sweet actually and had, surprisingly, a very slight chocolate scent!

Waited till I got home before I whipped out my sample vial. I was quite certain that this scent will be something I will like and I could order unsniffed but than again, I didn't. I like to have a sample vial to carry around with me.

This definitely reminds me of Dolce Far Niente. In fact, I like this better as it does not have the 'sour' milk accord on wet. The first time I had this on, I could smell a very slight lemony scent floating in and out upon dry down. Afterwards, it was just thick creamy milky scent.

With the return of CP, I decided to test some out and this on the other arm at bedtime. Call me crazy or what but the two seems to have some similarities. I'll update my post on CP separately.

I think this will cover cops easily. Given the way this scent smells, i'll probably use UN CB, UN BI or UN Sexology (which I don't have) under it. I'll just have to see how well is the scent accepted by all or those around me.

The more I wear this the more it does resemble Dolce, which I adore. The slight difference for me is that there is a bit of a salty kick somewhere between the wet and dry down stage which I'm guessing is the cardamom. It does go away after the scent settles.

I do enjoy how creamy and rich this smells. Very soothing and makes me want pie or creamy things.

Any vanilla?

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

MERINGUE/EGG ~ A representation of the world or the womb. Fertility, nourishment, cycle of life, feminine energy.

CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.

CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.

This smells so vanilla-y to me!!! I love anything vanilla! A lick of cream is a creamy, but rich foody vanilla that smells so comforting that it mellows me out after a long day. This as well as Dolce Far Niente and I Scream for Ice Cream are the only vanillas I can get away with without smelling like some sort of plastic (b/c my skin is crazy NOT b/c of the actual LP). Maybe it's the richness and depth of this one that makes it really stick to my skin and meld with my chemistry. Love it!

Edited by luna65

Whoa! It has cardamom??? That note always smells like fried food on me. I don't detect it here though. Amazing. IT's why I can't wear G and L. (the second version anyway)

I had meant to order this as a sample last order and accidentally hit TWO of LP passion and desire. Grrrr. This order I shall add Lof C and re test. I hope that by slathering I can achieve more staying power.

this goes on like a sweet vanilla cream but I keep getting whiffs of a delicious coconut cardamom buttercream after it dries..really friggen good! :heart708: ..this would be amazing as a spray!...ohhhh nom nom nom :smiley-eatdrink020:

• 2 months later...
Guest icing

I don't think any other scent has ever lasted on me, the way this does.

It starts off a little sharp, or slightly sour, for a split second... then it's like vanilla custard melded with my skin, and it just lasts, and lasts until I shower.

It's amazing and my coworkers and friends say so, too... repeatedly. :D

I haven't worn mine much during the summer months, but i'm glad I bought a bottle. Fumy ICING, lick of cream fades fast on me. Glad I have a bottle to re-apply. it's so creamy. I don't know how you capture a creamy type note without it smelling like milk ( I hate milk) but Mara did. This is one of my fave, lighter spice scents.

These recent reviews reminded me to revisit it, thanks guys! so I had a nice slather for bedtime. couldn't fall asleep due to unstoppable sniffing of myself. Definitely in the G&L, vicars & tarts, SLH family. I think this would be FABULOUS as a spray! *adds to list*

• 4 months later...

I was posting reviews at Amazon and realize I never reviewed this one over here! :lol: To me, this scent is the sweet cream ice cream translated to perfume. It's creamy, creamy, creamy with a hint of vanilla warmed up by caramel sugar. The coconut is not prominent at all, but it does lend a richness to the overall combination. A very light and clean scent perfect for layering but equally delicious on its own! I tend to use this to lighten up other scents or to give an umph to my commercial scents.

• 1 month later...

No spice for me! I get creamy vanilla, creamy buttercream and coconut. Sounds awesome, right? Yeah, but my stupid chemistry turn it into something awful 20 mins in. It gets sour-ish or something!! I'm not too sad about it because BBM works for me, so at least I have one vanilla buttercream I can wear.

No spice for me! I get creamy vanilla, creamy buttercream and coconut. Sounds awesome, right? Yeah, but my stupid chemistry turn it into something awful 20 mins in. It gets sour-ish or something!! I'm not too sad about it because BBM works for me, so at least I have one vanilla buttercream I can wear.

The "sour" accord is supposed to remind one of Dolce Far Niente. I set this aside for a trade together with a few other foody scents but I cant find the bag now. I'm sure that I will appreciate this more than previously.

I'm thinking of getting this boosted with Swimming with Sharks or Dominance. There is something delicious about a warm and fuzzy scent with a backbone of not-to-be-messed-with.

Seriously, I have never thought of that, Celrynnya. This is an interesting twist. Lick of Cream doesn't agree with my skin but I shall apply the concept on other warm and fuzzy scents.

• 2 months later...

Wore this last night just before bed,and it sent me to get out Dolce Far Niente,mmm,which I really need to wear more often...anyway,Lick Of Cream has aged soooo well,thick,creamy,rich,rich,rich and it was luscious to begin with...fans of Dolce will be more than happy with it :)

I just tested this one

This one starts off as a very soft and mild vanilla with just a hint of coconut and caramel. Ten mins later the sweetness of the caramel and coconuts comes out more. I like this one more on my skin than when I first smelled it in the vial.

• 4 weeks later...

When I first put this on, I hadn't read the scent ingredients (well, not for several weeks anyway) so I was VERY surprised when I got a blast of melted butter. Immediately I got a yak face going because melted butter+ sweet stuff is not a good smell for me even in the kitchen. Melted butter+savory stuff on the other hand... :)

I jumped over to the scent notes for this so I could see what was going on and understood the butter/cream thing. I do like the cardamom coming through. I have a bottle of Aija's Sugared Amber, Cardamom & Vanilla and that stuff is great!

After a little while, and luckily by a little while I mean minutes, the butter smell calms down, turns a little bit more milky, but mainly it's cardamom and sugar coming through. Reminds me of making cookie dough as a kid, where we would mix the butter and the sugar first and slowly start to mix in the other ingredients. This perfume reminds me of that dough at that point-- before all the ingredients are all homogeneously mixed in, and just after the vanilla has gone in. Definitely a cooking vanilla scent and not a sheer one, but also not the candy smell of a lot of vanilla scents.

I dunno. This one may grow on me and I will retest it a few more times, but the butter, even calmed down, is just a bit too "there" for my likes. It smells too much like when I've gotten butter on my hands and haven't washed it off and I don't know why that kind of grosses me out smell-wise, but it does even though the rest of the perfume is rather pretty.

Edit: ack! just watched the saddest video about returning soldiers and their dogs, and wiped my nose with the back of my hand. ACK! Butter attack and slight nose burning. I really need to start testing on the back of my wrists and not the back of my hands.

Edited by MissHazel

The coconut wasn't there for me. I don't remember smelling any though I will of course, keep trying it.

Mmmmh, butter...

Is the coconut strong in this one? Thinking about getting a sample.

Lala, I don't know if components in the descriptions are listed similarly to ingredients on food packaging but, if so, coconut is listed last.

I just ordered LofC off of Amazon and it will be arriving soon. Most tropical/coconut scents wear extremely light on my skin so, but I keep trying :) [AZee is my first "success" YAY! Inspired me to try LofC]

On the other hand, tropical/coconut scents are very true to blending on New Bear (my most recently adopted daughter)