Tails of Mystery

liz

AD-Mystery_LG_LovePotion_BohemianCats_.j

Tails of Mystery

Come journey into the mystic with this sensuous dark resin fragrance: a base of numerous types of amber, patchouli and oud with touches of sandalwood and dragon’s blood is blended with the luxury of Indian Majmua, three types of vanilla and vanilla cream, and a tantalizing trail of Arabian spices, including nutmeg and Zanzibar clove.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MMM.....ME LIKEY, A LOT !!
at first I was scared....Dragon's Blood doesn't usually play nice with ME 20.gif
this SCREAMS RESINOUS ORGASM :w00t::smiley-sex015:
OMG....WOW...I LOVE the Cumin in this (blends nicely with the clove) !!!
dark richness of the oud makes this a real *HEADY* scent (IMO) :burning-heart: :burning-heart: :burning-heart:

I really want to get this in a spray ! Lumina or LFM ?
in honor of Beccah's recent B-day I may buy BOTH :lol:

MMM.....ME LIKEY, A LOT !!

at first I was scared....Dragon's Blood doesn't usually play nice with ME 20.gif

this SCREAMS RESINOUS ORGASM :w00t::smiley-sex015:

OMG....WOW...I LOVE the Cumin in this (blends nicely with the clove) !!!

dark richness of the oud makes this a real *HEADY* scent (IMO) :burning-heart: :burning-heart: :burning-heart:

I really want to get this in a spray ! Lumina or LFM ?

in honor of Beccah's recent B-day I may buy BOTH :lol:

Yes, get both :666:

There's only a microscopic touch of Dragon's Blood. Wanted it in there for the magickal properties and fitting the vibe but it is definitely not a forward note. Just a touch, swimming with the other resins. It's a bold, dark and mysterious type of scent. Fits the label image quite aptly.

Hey, where's Snoopyace? He would probably like this one to wear while doing readings.

:greensmilies-020:

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, just smelled this in bottle: first impression is that it's quite strong Ah! it's the Majmua. (I had to look, but I knew it was a familiar smell)

Come journey into the mystic with this sensuous dark resin fragrance: a base of numerous types of amber, patchouli and oud with touches of sandalwood and dragon’s blood is blended with the luxury of Indian Majmua, three types of vanilla and vanilla cream, and a tantalizing trail of Arabian spices, including nutmeg and Zanzibar clove.

But there's something in there that's cloying to me. I'll have to actually wear it and then add to my post

Something about this reminded me of household cleaner. It could be I don't know what I am smelling. It was very strong. It felt blue to me. Like WIndex. I don't mind the smell of it actually it smells like I am super clean and scrubbed. I will have to see how it evolves on my skin.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this one in the store and popped over to see the reviews. This DOES look like one I'd like!

• 11 months later...
Something about this reminded me of household cleaner. It could be I don't know what I am smelling. It was very strong. It felt blue to me. Like WIndex.
You know, I noticed that too. I think it was the sandalwood on me, there was an astrigent kind of smell to it. This is mainly clove on me, but the vanilla comes out slightly on the long drydown. I wish it were more resinous, actually.

• 1 year later...

Okay,

I had to search over in the women's reviews to find something on this. And very limited too.

I just tried my trial vial for a 2nd time last night. The first time this did not go on any special list. THIS time it gets elevated to the possible Full Bottle list. I read the description after I put it on and noticed it says to shake the bitch before applying. Maybe I didn't do that the first time? I don't remember. I did this time. I am shaking them all now before using.

Anyway, this smelled fabulous last night.

There is an X-factor here. During the daytime I wore Dirty Old Man (which is on the eventual Full Bottle list). When I put the Tails of Mystery on, I just put it on right over the DOM. Right before I applied ToM, I could still definitely smell DOM. So this could be the result of a very symbiotic combo of DOM and ToM.

LPMP is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get...especially when you combo a couple.

• 5 months later...

I will have to review this more in depth later but I had to laugh at my chiropractor's response to smelling me today.

"Ooh! You smell like the Ren Faire! A SEXY Ren Faire!" ☺️

I will have to review this more in depth later but I had to laugh at my chiropractor's response to smelling me today.

"Ooh! You smell like the Ren Faire! A SEXY Ren Faire!" ☺️

Exactly the right way to smell!

• 2 months later...

I have this one coming to me as one of my freebie bottles. Am excited! The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is the cumin..I don't believe that Phantoms Breath had cumin did it? That one smells just like Indian food on me for some dang reason. Makes me soooooo sad. I still have the bottle and keep trying it though.

Anyway. I'll find this out soon enough (not soon enough, c'mon mailman!!), but can anyone tell me who has tried this; does it do an Indian food thing? I so hope not. Lemon grass does that $hit too. Goes all Thai food on me.

• 3 months later...

Wet, something about this reminds me of Strange & Unusual--maybe the majmua? Almost but not quite fruity, with a touch of hay or grass?

It's very dark, but not in the heavy sense (the scent actually hangs fairly close to the body and lasts maybe 4-6 hours), more like it feels dark. There's an almost incensey quality to it. The oud? or maybe dragon's blood? The spices--I'm mostly getting clove, and a touch of nutmeg--add depth. Vanilla's there, but not foody or particularly sweet. It kind of feels like a thread tying the various notes together. It's such a complex fragrance I find it difficult to isolate the notes, but it's that very complexity which makes it so mysterious and compelling. The name and label nails the vibe of this scent. This would be perfect for those dabbling in the esoteric. It's unisex too, equally suitable for men and women alike.

I'm really glad I picked up a full bottle. The more I wear it the more I like it. Perhaps a backup bottle is in my future...

Edited by Patchjulie

• 3 weeks later...

VERY sugary if you sniff straight from the bottle but once you apply it on your skin, it's different. This is why if you order it as a sample vial, don't judge it from the bottle, wear it!! Over time, the sugar smell disappears and something elegant comes in place. I'm not very good at picking up notes but it could be the Oud. I agree that it's dark. It's somehow strong in strength but still soft to the nose; not harsh at all. LP fragrances are somehow complex (in a good way); but for this one, despite being complex, it also smells like a simple nice commercial cologne. This could be worn as a night scent, even on a date. I definitely see how someone would be interested in a FB. I may pickup a second sample vial.

• 5 months later...

For lovers of resins, spice, sandalwood and Majmua, this is a dream come true! It's dark, certainly, but there's something about it that calls to be worn on a summer night. It makes me reminisce about 'the good old days'. Summer's of my teens and 20's. I don't know why exactly, but it has a strong pull that way. Makes me think of music festivals, pool parties, camping and drinking and staying up all night. Eating a big greasy breakfast at the mom and pop diner the next day. The drive in. And it's so weird how those days work. There's never an official 'last day' of your youth. No goodbye. You just realize one day, 'hey I'm a grown up now. The songs I used to hear in high school are on the oldies station. What the hell happened??". So, this scent strongly brings back those days to me. It's a happy thing, but bittersweet.

As much as I love it it's very cerebral. It fits a very specific mood.

As far as the scent, it's a beautiful take on the Witch Shop theme. Magical, deep incense, chewy patch, syrupy Amber, deep golden brown. The thing that takes it to a whole 'nother level is the vanilla cream! A resin scent spiked with vanilla cream? What a wonder! It works a treat, Mara has done it again.

This one really flew under the radar, I think. It's underrated. Could sell this as a niche scent and charge a hundred bucks for it and people would clamoring in the streets for it. Gorgeous stuff.

Lasting power and sillage are both fantastic. If you come across a bottle, I highly recommend giving it a try!

ETA: smelling the drydown now, and it reminds me a lot of Shalimar without the leather!

Edited by cheeseburger79

I totally agree with Cheesy - this is a "witch shop" scent! So gorgeous and compelling! Dark and deep, but not heavy.

I don't see the notes listed here in the Reviews, so:

OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.

CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies

CUMIN ~ Good fortune, prosperity, lust, protection, fidelity, exorcism.

On me, it's mostly the spices and patch (not B.O. patch, yay!). I get a bit of vanilla and smoke. It would definitely smell great on a guy!

• 5 months later...

I added this to a body/fabric spray to scent my jean jacket with in these darker colder months (for some reason not all my fabric jackets smell good coming out of the washer right now). Liked it so much I sprayed it on hubby and OHHHH Lordie it's so different and dark and mysterious on him. I don't really get that at all on me. Must be my body chemistry. On me it smells more like a gentle dark rain, whether on my skin or diffused in the body spray.

• 2 years later...

Lord, I really really love this one. It makes me feel so slinky and sexy and powerful and mysterious. I'm so curious what it was like when it was first brewed because to my nose this feels like it's at its prime!  Cohesive and full of depth. The vibe to me is elegance with an edge - rich and luxurious, smooth black velvet and a glass of champagne, stealing off to make out and drive around with the top down, showing back up an hour later full of secrets, full of [tales] of mystery, mwahahaha. I wouldn't be opposed to a man wearing this but to me it feels sexier on a woman with that bit of darkness. Maybe I'll try it on Husband if I'm feeling generous...

I have a super fancy dinner Friday night and I think I know just what I'll wear! Paired with some Leather and good dose cops of course. :666: