Enchanted Wonderland

liz

Enchanted Wonderland

A whisper of winter which also hints at the pleasures of Spring: a luscious bevy of figs - including California Black Mission Figs and Banyan Fruit – embodying rich jam-like and fresh earthy qualities – upon a base of fluffy freshly fallen snow in the form of powdery frankincense & myrrh, white sugar and the tiniest drop of vetiver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The FIG/Banyan Fruit in this is AMAZING....BRIGHT, SWEET n' JUICY !!!!

Have you ever bitten into a ripe fig ? imagine how that *taste* would smell, this is it in a bottle !!
The Frank/Myrrh floating around the in the background, but not entirely unnoticed (is that a word ? did I spell it correctly?)
for me, this scent is playful, flirty...
don't laugh, but the 1st word that came to mind when sampling was......DELIGHTFUL :D

Nicely done !

Does it remind you of Sugared Magi (assuming you've tried that one)?

heh, happened to have Sug'd Magi at hand

hmm....kinda, but NO

let me explain, in SM the sweetness seems to come from whatever was used to make it sugared (sugar, I'm guessing), I can smell the fig but it's not as pronounced as it is in Enchanted Wonderland, the fig in EW is a JUICY sweet, perhaps the Banyan Fruit (fig) is what I'm getting

wondering if the "aging" of my btl of Sug'd Magi has influenced my opinion, it seems a bit "powdery", BUT I STILL LUV THIS ONE :wub:

I am however enjoying this new variant :)

Edited by liz

Had I made it tooooo much like Sugared Magi, I was afraid it might smell too similar to The Sand Box. I wanted them far enough apart, even though they share several of the same ingredients, so I took care to balance the ingredients differently.

Thanks, Liz! I'm glad you like it! It's one of my faves.

FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.

BANYAN FRUIT ~ A type of Fig, which shares many of the same qualities and also a few of it's own due to it's unique nature. Resourcefulness, endurance, rebirth, eternal life, expansion, enlightenment, desire, interdependence. Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality. Treat Banyan Trees with respect to avoid the wrath of the tree spirits that dwell within.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

OMG! I don't know what I am smelling but it smells sooooo other-wordly and sophisticated!!! I cannot describe this scent.

It is sooo exotic? What is this magical fragrance?

I honestly did not think I would like this at all! Frankincense gets all churchy and apostle on me and I get confused, do I take off my clothes or pray? BUT this! OH Wow, never ever judge a potion by its ingredients because this is fabulous! I feel like a sultry

glamorous screen siren from the 40s. I don't know if I feel like Bogart or Bergman. It has that unisex vibe that leans a bit more on female , but initially starts off male if that makes sense. It really is exotic like I should be in Casablanca, or in the desert somewhere charming snakes and eating grapes while preparing for my turkish bath. This scent makes me feel like a strong captivating sultry sexpot! I looooooove it! WOW AMAZING!!! I have never smelled anything like this before and I am in LOOOVEEE!

Edited by LadyVictoria

What is this magical fragrance?

It's somewhat based on Sugared Magi. I think fig + resins is such a wonderful combo in general.

I've only sniffed this thus far but it does remind me immediately of the other; I have to do a comparison.

I'm a bit split on this one, actually. I learned a while back that while fig is wonderful on me, banyan fruit in particular can actually be a bit iffy because some sort of sharp greenness in it tends to amp on my skin. It takes a while for that to calm down--several hours, actually--but after it does I get a more brown-sugary fig and that wonderful cloud of vanilla and myrrh coming through from underneath. I'm going to hang on to my sample to see how it ages.

This is fascinating! I don't smell fig, I don't smell frankincense or myrrh, I SMELL PINA COLADAS! Coconut and pinapple! It's drying down some now so I'm starting to get the incensy smell - very light - lub the scent! I've never smelled Banyan fruit so I guess my nose is interpreting it as pina coladas!

Okay so...yeah, there's a distinct difference between this scent and Sugared Magi. While both have the "green fig" characteristic, Sugared Magi is definitely more resiny, What this reminds me of, interestingly enough, is A Treasure of Aquamarine, in that they both have an almost neutral, slightly sweet, quality to them, a particular type of fresh aura. After the initial bloom of fruit this dries down very subtle on me, soft and powdery. Definitely a unisex blend (because the fig/banyan fruit combo is not too sweet) with a clean finish.

Ok this dried down to a soft, gentle amber/incense fragrance and then faded. I reapplied and this time got much more of the F&M and less fruit (yes I shook both times). And again, soft gentle finish. But my skin seems to eat it up because it doesn't last long. :(

• 4 weeks later...

I can smell the fig and, I think, must be the vetiver (a grass plant, isn't it?). Usually I don't like myrrh and frankincense, but in this combination it's more in the background, giving way to the fig (which I'm loving). I've never tried 'Sugared Magi', but 'Enchanted Wonderland' is definitely a winner.

• 2 weeks later...

This is fascinating! I don't smell fig, I don't smell frankincense or myrrh, I SMELL PINA COLADAS! Coconut and pinapple! It's drying down some now so I'm starting to get the incensy smell - very light - lub the scent! I've never smelled Banyan fruit so I guess my nose is interpreting it as pina coladas!

I'm getting that too... it's very sweet and fruity.

I love this, but I just can't smell it strongly enough to decide if a bottle'd be a waste. It's figgy, with a kind of creaminess, almost like the way the flesh of a fig feels in your mouth, but if it were a colour it would be green, creamy green like pistachio ice cream, not like grass, there's almost a feel of coconut too. I notice other people have said pina coladas, but I get no pineapple. The first time I smelt it I got a kind of banana scent which was pretty good. I can't smell it today but my nose is a little dull I think.

The vetiver I think I can smell now, but it's a lovely kind, no harsh burnt grass type here.

Yes it'd be a good unisex. I'd most like Hunter Parrish, wearing Thrill Of The Chase personally, but a cute guy wearing this'd be hot too.

I'm loving Enchanted Wonderland today! I hadn't done more than barely patch-test, but today I'm IN IT. I've not smelled Sugared Magi, but it always sounded good. Well, this variant is reeeeaaaaallllyy nice!!! I LOVE me some fig. I always enjoyed eating them, as my grandma(s?), and my babysitter who was an auxiliary grandma, and my Dad all grew them. when I was little, they kind of freaked me out because they were all salmon pink inside, but I always loved 'em. Ah, fresh and warm off the tree, and the outsides of the fruit would always be a little sticky, I think from the tree sap. MMMmmmmmm! *sigh*

*shakes self*

But ANYWAY, the right kind of fig note is GREAT on me, and apparently banyan is, also. So I get this sweet, juicy, perfumey figgy love when I sniff from the vial and wet on my skin. Mind you, when I designate something as perfumey it's a compliment. Stuff that's blended really well and has a brighter smell strikes me as "perfume." Probably a childhood association. As drydown does its thing, the perfumey sensation backs off and I get this supporting vanilla/ambery scent that I'm figuring comes from the myrrh and maybe the vetiver. Everything gets all cushy and comfy.

This is a really lovely perfume! I like what liz said about it: Delightful! I have fig, and vanilla/amber creaminess, and sweetness that's *just right*! It lays close to my skin, which is just fine with me. YUM! :heart:

oooh... I have a sample coming but I have a feeling this is going to be a full bottle order.

My first fig flavored LP was Holle ( http://lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/Holle/ ) and even though the recipe is way different, the way its being described sounds the similar.

If this even remotely reminds me of Holle, its going to go FAST.

Mark my words.

This one is more figgy than Holle.

I get spicy-fig on me, slowly morphing into a resiny-fig.

No question this is a full bottle scent.

Its slightly sweet, I think the vetiver tempers the sweetness and keeps you from licking it.

You would think the resins would do that, but even THEY are lickable.

okay.... 2 hours later the scent is only getting BETTER, if that possible.

The fig is pronounced, but its not jammy to me ...

not sure if I can describe it quite but it reminds me of why I like dry ciders...

Its not a wet-fig scent the way it smells in the bottle, but one that dries a bit and you hope projects (does that make sense?)

I could literally wear this in my hair,it smells so good!

not sure if I can describe it quite but it reminds me of why I like dry ciders...

Its not a wet-fig scent the way it smells in the bottle, but one that dries a bit and you hope projects (does that make sense?)

This was one of my faves from the Boho Cats Collection. It gets better and better as the scent progresses.

its my fave fo sho.

like, I actually had to sell my all time faves so that I can get full bottles of this one in particular.

Would you believe I actually had to WAIT for "Topper" to wear off so that I could *make sure* that I wasnt just falling in love with this scent because I was being pheromonally-inspired???? seriously.

its my fave fo sho.

like, I actually had to sell my all time faves so that I can get full bottles of this one in particular.

Would you believe I actually had to WAIT for "Topper" to wear off so that I could *make sure* that I wasnt just falling in love with this scent because I was being pheromonally-inspired???? seriously.

LOL. I fell in love with this one at first sniff too. Then I thought must be the magic banyan tree that is tricking me.. but 2 hours later much like you, SOLD.

Hey, Lor! I did wear this in my hair yesterday! Hee! Had to jump back in here. I'm wearing this again today, and it's better every time I wear it! I'm going to have to get a full bottle of this one, too. :heart:

Hey, Lor! I did wear this in my hair yesterday! Hee! Had to jump back in here. I'm wearing this again today, and it's better every time I wear it! I'm going to have to get a full bottle of this one, too. :heart:

You know.... I was just thinking....

maybe THIS...in an alcohol spray...(maybe with Dheas or Topper added!) ....I would wear this in my hair all the time lol!

You know.... I was just thinking....

maybe THIS...in an alcohol spray...(maybe with Dheas or Topper added!) ....I would wear this in my hair all the time lol!

Gods, that would be beautiful!!! Dooooo eeeet. B)

Light bright spring version of sugared magi. Fresh lemony floral figs vs deep syrup. Love both. My skin devoured it in like 15 minutes. :( but I think it always does that with fig. Beautiful

This in alcohol spray with Bang!.. DAMMIT I want to BANG! everything!

Did you do this yet for reals?

Im so jealous that you can wear Bang!

I havent ordered my spray version of this yet...want to... but now im worried that if I have it boosted that it will limit my usage if I want it to cover Audacious or something else.

In oil version, it lasts for about 2 hours.

Im hoping to hear feedback on the spray version.

I just love this scent so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried this out yesterday morning... And wore it all weekend!

Love the sweetness of this scent. It seemed to die down around the 2 hour mark, so I found myself reapplying frequently. I deliberately got some on my sleeves to see if it was my skin absorbing... And it was. My shirt still smelled strong when al m everything but a mild sweetness had disappeared on my skin.

I will definitely be ordering this, but I don't know if it will have a longer "life" as an oil or in spray form.

Not too concerned about throw - this is a delicious smell all for me... Any suggestions for which has a longer scent life - oil or spray form?

Edited by teacozy

Usually, oils have a longer scent life than sprays. But people have different skin chemistry, so sometimes the skin 'eats' the scent. As this blend has no pheros and especially no cops, there is no harm in applying some on your cloths where the scent will definitely last longer than on the skin. Another suggestion: if you try the spray form and put a few spritzes on your cloths and hair, that would make a big difference. The hair won't eat the scent as much as the skin does and the throw of the alcohol sprays is much better than the oil version, so that you will probably enjoy the lovely scent of your hair for the whole day.

This one is very pretty. It is super light on me though. I have to drench myself in it to smell it but once I do it is gorgeous. Mostly fruity with a sort of powdered sugar feel? Not very resiny on me at all. I seems pretty feminine on me. I really like fig.

Between this and The Sand Box though I prefer SB. Not that they should be compared really...they are completely different. But the SB is way more figgy and dirt-y.

I think Enchanted Wonderland is an innocent princessy soft spoken girly fig scent whereas The Sand Box is a more blantantly sexual mystery woman fig scent.

So of course...everyone needs both as every woman is indeed both!!

• 4 months later...

I am trying this out today from a sniffee and so far it is perfect. The name is perfect for this one. I started with just a drop or two and then finally slathered the whole sniffee on at once. First time I have ever done that! It is very light on me so I'm hoping it has some staying power. I forgot to put my usual unscented lotion on first. I love the balance between the fig, a green/natural scent, and a lightly laced sweetness that I am picking up. I'll see how this wears over the next few hours. I'm bummed that I already used up my whole sniffee though!

• 3 months later...

I tried this out a week or so ago and it's not a bad fragrance, but there is something powdery in it that I don't necessarily care for. It definitely started out very bright and minty. Then it changed into something powdery-sweet. The sweet part was neutral for me, but the powdery I didn't like. Others said that the fragrance smelled good to them on my skin, but again, I can't get past the powder part.

Edited by Honeycake

• 1 year later...

I tried this one the other day, and I like it. It smells fresh and spring-like to me. On my skin, it turned a bit perfumey after awhile, but still nice. So yes, this one is a definite "like" for me.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised I hadn't tried this scent sooner considering it is right up my alley. It reminds me so much of my beloved and hoarded Holle: sweet, dense, figgy, and smooth. The only difference on my skin is that Holle sort of blends right in as a sort of skin scent while Enchanted Wonderland stays a bit fruitier and brighter, perhaps slightly more "perfumey". Holle is like an autumn sweater, clinging close and keeping you warm; EW is a long springtime dress, gauzy over bare and freshly shaved skin.

• 3 months later...

Well, this one didn't work for my skin. It went on with a Loyd sharp clang and ended with Frank and Murray walking through Pell shampoo. I have no idea what my crazy skin did to this. Sorry kitty, but your arrow missed me completely.