Kitten Heels

Beccah

AD-KittenHeels_LG_LovePotion_BohemianCat

Kitten Heels

A timeless recipe for temptation with just a hint of androgynous allure and a polished, sexy, silky exterior. A dreamy heart of vanilla, pale amber and white musk is grounded with sweet sandalwood and accented with a touch of green tea, a wee drop of Indian Black Rose and Pink Lotus Blossom, and a soft sprinkle of powdered sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

Kitten Heels:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGARCANE ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SWEET SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
GREEN TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust, riches, courage, strength.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.
BLACK ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
PINK LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.

CFM:

TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust, riches, courage, strength.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SUGARCANE ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection and love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kitten Heels came out identical to the original. I will admit the only reason (besides my 100,000 mile tune-up) that I haven't rushed to stock up is because the pink lotus gave me pause that it wouldn't be exactly the same, but I was very wrong. Kitten Heels comes out smelling true to what I expect from CFM, with the added bonus of being able to add whatever pheromone I want.

Cool! I tried my hardest to make you happy! :)

The ingredients were actually pretty different. I had to add more verbena than I expected to get it to smell how I thought it should. I'm glad it worked. YAY! :D

When I first sniffed this it did immediately remind me of CFM, but they actually wear differently on me. Kitten Heels has more of a bright quality to it, the lotus is very pretty (so thankful it didn't turn weird like it tends to), and the drydown is much softer. The verbena is in the background for me in that it contributes to the bright aura, but I don't really get any citrus aspect from it. This is a pale-toned sophisticated fragrance which I think is perfect for daytime/office and also warmer weather (because it's lightweight).

Is verbena peppery? In the vial and when I first put this on, it smells peppery. It's gone after about five minutes, and I get mostly green tea. It's a nice, mellow scent. It's still early, but I'm hoping I get more vanilla out of it as it wears on.

Most verbena oils smell like a lemon lolly pop. I try to find those that have a dash of the grassy quality in them too.

Green Tea is also very lemony smelling.

Can't imagine where a pepper note might be coming from. Hmmm....I'm thinking it's a characteristic of one of the Ambers I used.

Ooo I like this. Don't remember overly caring for CFM - the verbena probably amped and overshadowed everything else as it tends to do on me - but the musk in this quite prominent for me, wet at least, and I LIKE. The overall effect feels very similar to an all time favorite, Denise's silky freesia and musk: a quite sheer & white feeling warmed by the musk.hm as it dries it's becoming quite powdery.

ETA this is turning out to be my surprise favorite of my bunch. ADDICTIVE

Edited by tyvey

I think this is beautiful. CFM on me has a citrus type of beginning very similar to LP#9 the dry down is completely different and sexy, as is Kitten Heels. The citrus isn't there as much as CFM, I get a hint of musk then it dries down to a nice elegant and sexy glow on me. Very similar to CFM.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a beautiful elegant fragrance . Self effects have been feeling mentally and physically uplifted. Starting dancing around the house while doing chores and other work.Definately going to be a permanent fragrance for me

I finally have a full bottle of this coming. I didn't go into horde mode, like I really wanted to, but hopefully they'll be at least one bottle left when I can get some more :)

Did you end up getting it with LFM and cops? Or just LFM? Or virgin? Nosey minds want to know!!

Sorry, I got it virgin. I have cops & un-LFM, so I thought I would test layering those first, to see if I needed it amped ;)

Edited by Beccah

I couldn't even begin to describe the parts of Kitten Heel. I get a pool of amber with hints of floral and bright elements, but it's all melded in so elegantly the overall effect blows my mind. Kitten heels is my scent equivalent to walking into the massage parlor of a fancy spa pampering. The air in the room hangs a little heavier when you walk in, and it wraps you in a clean and relaxing warmth. Kitten heels is relaxed sexy which I am loving.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this when it's wet on my skin. The musk, tea and verbena are just so pretty... something else, the pink lotus? I like it :)

It dries down really soft on me though... so I keep reapplying, lol

It is the scent that Kitten Heels was based on. It's a phero enhanced (TAH or TAL) and can be found in the phero enhanced section. See post #1 for the comparison of ingredients used in CFM and Kitten Heels.

To find sold out potions, one must peruse the Archive! :D

http://lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/archive/?num_to_display=999

Unfortunately it's not entirely complete. It only goes back to 2006, and 2006-2008 is kinda spotty too. After that it's pretty close to complete. We just couldn't put together everything dating back to 1995 when our first webstore opened.

I was going to layer this with CFM/cops/ & LFM yesterday, but since I was hanging out with kids/family. I decided to stick with LFM. Excellent combo! I really want an LFM boosted bottle of this now :)

I absolutely love this. It is playful, feminine, & sexy. On me, the scent is so well balanced that no individual notes stand out, but after an hour or so there is a powdery finish. Feels like a daytime scent and I have a full bottle on its way. Gooooood stuff!

• 1 month later...

I never had a chance to try CFM, but this one is a phantastic and quite unusual scent. What are the prominent notes? Green tea, verbena, then amber, sandalwood. The scent changes after a while and other notes are coming out. I think I get a bit of rose, too. I'm wondering how it would feel with a phero, let's say LFM? I'll have to try.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it the amber in this that makes it smell a bit "fizzy"? Or is that the verbena? Or musk?

I've noticed this fizzy business in Stealing Heaven, too. I really like it.

I wore this to a memorial service today for an ex-Artistic Director and actor from the Festival. Lovely, well put-together memorial. And I swear I was paying attention, but quite a lot of the time I was pretty much revelling in how wonderful this perfume smells! It was cold in the theatre, (where the service was held), so I had my arms crossed right beneath my chest - essentially the scent was under my nose the entire time, (in cleavage & on forearms).

I find this a sleek, sexy scent. Not too floral, not too musky - it's a gorgeously balanced scent. It has a sheer quality that I appreciate in a summer perfume; it's the perfect "weight". Definitely a full bottle coming my way. Maybe even two.

ETA - I just want to clarify: the fizziness I sense in this is not big Champagne bubbles. It's more a soft Vino Verde, subtle fizziness.

Edited by Eggers

• 1 year later...

Tested this out last week. This turned out quite different from CFM on me. It could be because the pink lotus don't play nice on me. CFM seems to have a lot more bite while Kitten Heels turned out soft.

• 7 months later...

This is so subtle and beautiful! At first it reminds me of a sweeter version of Love Potion 9, but on me it morphs into this soft, sweet, sexy, creamy baby-like smell. Not really baby powder (because it's more creamy than powdery) but that type of scent, with a dash of more grown-up elegance to it. It's one of those scents I never seem to stop sniffing at throughout the day. I can see the hint of androgynous-ness to this at the start, but it feels like a lovely soft feminine scent to me once it settles in.

• 4 months later...

I almost bought this FB unsniffed because it sounded so awesome! I recently got a sniffie of it... loved it wet, but on drydown something weird happened on my skin with something, and I nearly ran to wash it off. I'm thinking maybe the amber or the lotus? I wouldn't know "lotus" scent if I smelled it... is it usually a strong note? Amber I know, can be subtle OR in your face.

30 minutes into dry down and it's calmed down quite a bit. More powdery or perfumey, tinge of lemony green. I still can smell whatever that was in the initial drydown - and I still don't care for it - but at least it's taking more of a supporting role in the whole mix. I have LP#9 and KH smells nothing like it on me... go figure chemistry!

I'm still trying to "connect the dots" comparing scents that work for me (and their notes) and those that don't so I can figure out what makes a safe (scent) bet for me. Any idea from you vets as to what I *might* be smelling in KH (at first drydown) would be appreciated. :beggingpleasesmiley:

Edited by LoveStruck55

In order for anyone to help you identify it, you would probably need to try to describe how that particular note SMELLS. Saying that it is unpleasant to you doesn't say much to help us help you, because what is unpleasant to you may be pleasant to someone else.

Edited by Dolly

In order for anyone to help you identify it, you would probably need to try to describe how that particular note SMELLS. Saying that it is unpleasant to you doesn't say much to help us help you, because what is unpleasant to you may be pleasant to someone else.

You are absolutely right, Dolly :) I it's not anything I can identify immediately, like "pineapple" or "wood" ... That's why I'm thinking it's something I'm not used to smelling (yet) in my collection. It's not overly offensive, just LOUD on me. Almost like it doesn't play nice with the others. Obviously it's a note that MY chemistry amps. I'm not trying to be vague, I promise. It is like a pungent floral (but different than the lemony green note which is also there.) Is lotus a strong floral or delicate? I have several LPs with amber listed that I love, but I know there can be many varieties.

I've been doing pretty well matching up scents for myself lately, strictly by notes. But KH really threw me... Everything in it sounded perfect for me yet I don't know what the top note is that is taking over the scent on me. I'm still in the learning phase, obviously. It's not sweet, as I said earlier, it's pungent.

Thank you for trying to help!

Don't be too hard on yourself Lovestruck. Describing a fragrance or your perception of one is not always that easy for many of us. But making it even more difficult is that just as an example, Lotus might smell warm, sweet, and creamy on one person, but someone standing right next to them could try it on and have it turn sharp and biting. I just think that no matter how well you might articulate things, fragrances are going to be challenging to describe. That is my own experience at least. I think if I had experienced what you have, and clearly want to avoid it again, look at the notes of the fragrance and eliminate what you know is NOT causing it. Then you can proceed to approach the other ingredients with caution and eventually, hopefully, discover the offending culprit.

You are absolutely right, Dolly :) I it's not anything I can identify immediately, like "pineapple" or "wood" ... That's why I'm thinking it's something I'm not used to smelling (yet) in my collection. It's not overly offensive, just LOUD on me. Almost like it doesn't play nice with the others. Obviously it's a note that MY chemistry amps. I'm not trying to be vague, I promise. It is like a pungent floral (but different than the lemony green note which is also there.) Is lotus a strong floral or delicate? I have several LPs with amber listed that I love, but I know there can be many varieties.

I've been doing pretty well matching up scents for myself lately, strictly by notes. But KH really threw me... Everything in it sounded perfect for me yet I don't know what the top note is that is taking over the scent on me. I'm still in the learning phase, obviously. It's not sweet, as I said earlier, it's pungent.

Thank you for trying to help!

The lemony green is most likely the verbena....as for the other note MAY be the lotus.....or it just say be that your skin doesn't like the combo.....sometimes my skin will take a certain combo of ingredients and make it smell like something else entirely, just to find out that the note I am smelling isn't even in there!!

My advice would be to try kitten heels at a different time in your monthly cycle. So many things can affect your chemistry and how things smell on you....ovulation, diet, so many things......