Kitten Heels

Beccah

I got a sniffle of this in a trade, and OMG!!! Based on the notes and reviews, I was really unsure about ordering, but I love it!!! it is so so sexy, but not in a dirty way! It says fun, young, sensual woman. I smell fruity and clean, a little perfumey.

Too bad my order this time is going on the spell collection, I hope there will still be some in stock for next moth, when I plan on getting a full bottle!!!

"I got a sniffle of this in a trade, and OMG!!! Based on the notes and reviews, I was really unsure about ordering, AND I WAS RIGHT!! it is so so nasty, in a dirty way! It says "weird, young, awkward woman". I smell like a compost bin and despair.

Thank goodness my order this time is going on the spell collection, I'm sure this will always be in stock, I can't imagine being stuck with a full bottle!!!"

I fixed it! :Emoticons04287:

Edited by donsie

"I got a sniffle of this in a trade, and OMG!!! Based on the notes and reviews, I was really unsure about ordering, AND I WAS RIGHT!! it is so so nasty, in a dirty way! It says "weird, young, awkward woman". I smell like a compost bin and despair.

Thank goodness my order this time is going on the spell collection, I'm sure this will always be in stock, I can't imagine being stuck with a full bottle!!!"

I fixed it! :Emoticons04287:

:rofl222: Well, I was considering it but after this review I guess I will just order something else. ;)

Okay, I have a little trial vial of this and now I have to try it. You have all peeked my interest. I'm always looking for a scent that smells like despair. Being that this one also smells like a compost bin is just an added bonus!

(I think the plan may have backfired!)

For me the smell of despair is my boyfriend's trash farts. It smells like he has seriously been eating trash. I feel nothing but despair when I am forced to smell them.

LOL! :skunk:

Okay, I have a little trial vial of this and now I have to try it. You have all peeked my interest. I'm always looking for a scent that smells like despair. Being that this one also smells like a compost bin is just an added bonus!

(I think the plan may have backfired!)

Ha, yes. Whoops! I've done a mischief!

:spank01515:

I have this one in spray form. I call it my "stealth sexy" perfume, because on me it seems so clean and soft and elegant, but it projects this subtle sensuality that makes me feel all swishy and gorgeous. So, yeah, Donsie is right, it's like bathing yourself in a filthy garbage pit of despair. Nasty stuff, not recommended, snigger. :001_302:

I forgot to mention this. I tried a bit of the tiny sample I have of this and there was a note or notes in it that I could not handle. More for all you, lovers of despair and compost bins. :)

I forgot to mention this. I tried a bit of the tiny sample I have of this and there was a note or notes in it that I could not handle. More for all you, lovers of despair and compost bins. :)

It is a shame that it didn't work for you. I wore it again and it just gets more lovely. It smells lux to me but not old lady lux. If that makes sense. It has a young, put together vibe to me.

I'm not sure but I think it's some musks. Some I swoon over and others I seem to respond to in a very negative way. I'm not sure why.

Having said that, I 100% believe you all that this is an amazing scent. It's why I tried it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is CFM? This is based on that? Now I need to know...

I will never get "a compost bin and despair" out of my head, lol!

On a serious note, I tested this today post-shower. It's pretty! It starts out kind of peppery to me, but in a soft, feminine way. There's also something with a bit of a citrus tang behind it. Eventually it settles down into a soft, mildly sweet fragrance.

It smells like shopping for a wedding gown. Very elegant.

Edited by Lainey

Alright so just for good order - and sincerely apologizing for the hijack - what's the difference between a CFM scent and an SLF scent? If there is any difference?

I want to know this, too. And was there a potion actually named CFM? That this is based on?

Sorry, I get confused about scents based off of other scents.

Alright so just for good order - and sincerely apologizing for the hijack - what's the difference between a CFM scent and an SLF scent? If there is any difference?

C.F.M. was just the name of a fragrance, but the concept was that it was befitting a woman who was sexually aggressive (hence the "fuck me" type of shoe on the label). SLF is a designation I came up with to describe a type of scent which is a combination of honey, amber and musk, as it often reminds people of sex.

I want to know this, too. And was there a potion actually named CFM? That this is based on?

Yes, there was a scent called C.F.M. and Kitten Heels is a version of that one.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/CFM/

• 2 weeks later...

A fresh, crisp, cool little number. It plays green on my skin but thankfully NOT a pointy green. *Whew*. I enjoy the slight androgynous flair. Wonder how it would wear on a man.

I get the sweetness of the vanilla, amber, & sweet sandalwood right off the bat. From there it forays into this *cucumber cool*. Not sure what that is. Maybe, verbena? Hmm. It really stays in that cool stage for me throughout the day.

I'm not sure what about this scent my mind & memory are associating this with --> but its reminiscent of sunny, bright, casual, weekend mornings. When you're out and about, grabbing a quick breakfast and running errands under the fresh, bright light of the smiling sun with the freedom & ease of the day in motion.

This blend is very well-balanced. Sweet yet cool and serene. Composed. Symmetrical.

Edited by BelleDuJour

• 1 year later...

This is so subtle and beautiful! At first it reminds me of a sweeter version of Love Potion 9, but on me it morphs into this soft, sweet, sexy, creamy baby-like smell. Not really baby powder (because it's more creamy than powdery) but that type of scent, with a dash of more grown-up elegance to it. It's one of those scents I never seem to stop sniffing at throughout the day. I can see the hint of androgynous-ness to this at the start, but it feels like a lovely soft feminine scent to me once it settles in.

Your review brings to mind the impression that I couldn't put a name on initially. I actually think Kitten Heels smells like a newborn baby! It's a timeless scent everyone envies and brings the associations: adoration, innocence, and vulnerability.

I received a sample about 5 years after its production, so the notes have most definitely rounded out. I get a very sheer veil of Black Rose, with Verbena to support and give ambiance. I personally like Lotus, so I was able to enjoy it while wet. Everything else blended into a very balanced background.

Edited by Ivysaur

• 4 months later...

Ivysaur's post above me got me to buy this one. Newborn baby? Sign me up! And yes,she's right, I can see that. Kitten Heels is sort of a conglomerate of 'baby smell' and 'vintage powder', think Guerlain meteroites. It reminds me of commercial scents like Kenzo Flower and Guerlain Insolence; cosmetic, fluffy, puffy, girly and powdery. Very pretty in kind of a vintage pin up sort of way. Playful. Far more violet than 'pink'. In fact,I'm wondering, what makes a black rose black? Is it violet? It might be because I'd bet my bottom dollar there's violet in here somewhere, also lending said 'hint of androdgeny' to the scent. Concept wise, it doesn't really add up to me as I see this as far more of a 'sex Kitten' boudoir sort of thing than a domineering powerhouse that I'd relate to Angelina Jolie, but nonetheless, it's certainly a beautiful perfume! Perfect for hot days and nights or anytime you want to feel snuggalicious!

• 1 year later...

Scored a sniffie in a trade (thanks, @oceanjewel!!) and I absolutely adore this. So soft and subtly sexy. Is there anything currently available that's similar? Something in the drydown reminds me a little bit of LP White, maybe the melding of the sugar and tea notes, but that's about as close as my nose got. If anyone else has any other suggestions, please do tell!

Edited by anchoredinopulence
edited because it posted twice for some reason *shrug*