Pouncing Potion

Like Lady V, I shied right away from this one, but I too shall test it out and come back (you never know right, but it was sniff, instant contorted yuk-face,recoil). I don't think it is the cops..I don't actually mind those, I think it is honey scents and also scents heavy on the brown sugar, which I read as Marmite - for those that don't know it...dark brown salty yeast extract spread. Not sexy in a perfume. To me. On toast with peanut butter...yes please.

I get what you are saying. I don't know what it is about peach and honey combined that smell like mummified asshole that has been oozing and rotting underground. It does not smell right on me. Peach goes to a very very bad place as does scents that are heavy in honey. I never know what honey scents are going to do me right if you know what I mean.

I get no cocoa, no caramel, no brown sugar, it's all peach and honey mummified vagina and asshole sweat combined.

I am not giving up yet though..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I am so glad you said this it STINKS on me also. Smells like the outhouse on a hot day when I used to visit some of the family down south. It has a urine type smell on me. Could it be the cops?This was from the sample that I diluted ALOT and it still smells bad. I am still loving my LP Red w lace however.

BTW: The pouch with the cat's paws is so pretty and suits so well with this month's releases!

I wish I received one with my recent order. Well, maybe if I order more from the collection ...

yes there is bee pollen in it,be sure to shake well :)

I took a close look at my bottle last night. I removed the cap so I can see through from the bottom of the bottle but I don't see bee pollen residue like my PG.

I think it is honey scents and also scents heavy on the brown sugar, which I read as Marmite - for those that don't know it...dark brown salty yeast extract spread. Not sexy in a perfume. To me. On toast with peanut butter...yes please.

I love Marmite and Brovil. I'm glad it Pouncing Potion didn't turn out this way on me. It does smell kind of dirty on my skin after many hours (some honey do that, they tend to leave a scent on my skin - I call it a "stain").

I'd love to wear this to work one day.

No,it's an actual smell thing, most perfumes with brown sugar smell like Marmite to me! Not exactly like Marmite, granted but there's always a hint of it wafting around in there. I guess it's just an odd thing particular to me! Or else my skin also just doesn't play nicely with it, no one has ever complimented me on a perfume blend with brown sugar either, white sugar/pink sugar, yes. And I have worn them for curiosities sake lol.

I'm skin testing now though so here goes...

In the vial, much more pleasant today, I'm wondering if my hormones play a part in how attractive I find this....ooof, on skin now, there's the Marmiteyness, hints of peach underneath, i have to say this is nicer to me than Phero girl was. I'll update in a bit with the drydown :)

Later on it has become something fairly pleasant, a sweetish peach and I think something vanilla-ish. A nice surprise. I may keep the vial to add a drop somewhere or other for the cops boost when wearing something else ;)

One thing I do wonder when wearing cops boosted scents is, does the scent of cops disappear on a conscious level...or do you personally just become anosmic to it after the ten minutes? I wear cops but always wonder about this. I may experiment when my friend comes over for lunch tomorrow!

Edited by cinnamonmel

No they never disappear, if they did then they wouldn't work! It's just that your nose becomes accustomed to it after drydown. That's the thing about using a fragrance as a cover: it doesn't eliminate the other scent, it just blends it to make it more acceptable from an olfactory standpoint.

What I was trying to say was maybe they become only recognisable subconsciously, not that they vanish entirely. I'm so so tired this evening I don't think I have the brain power to explain properly but I wondered perhaps they changed on skin so they smelled different when dry, and were masked more by the scent they were in but your brain/others was still influenced by them. Like...'mmmm sexy... but I don't know why' rather than 'oh, hey, I smell unwashed vagina on her cleavage, right there ' :P

If it is the case that you personally just become used to it by the time they dry, then surely when people smell me for the first time, they smell the initial 'stinkiness' too! Makes me wonder what people have thought of me in the past before I only put cops on my body ha ha.

Interestingly, later on the brown sugar smell came back, so maybe I just got used to that too.

Edited by cinnamonmel

Like...'mmmm sexy... but I don't know why' rather than 'oh, hey, I smell unwashed vagina on her cleavage, right there ' :P

Well yeah, that's how it's supposed to come across, although the latter can be a powerful attractant too; we don't all have the same cultural precepts regarding acceptable scent.

Well yeah, that's how it's supposed to come across, although the latter can be a powerful attractant too; we don't all have the same cultural precepts regarding acceptable scent.

You make a good point. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with thinking people smell me that way, even though I do think we probably way over-clean ourselves in this time! One of the best times I ever had, was with 'The Puppy', he was kinda stinky, but he must've had some good phero's wafting out cos boy did I want him, and to snuggle him...ahem anyway you get the pic :Emoticons10311: Damn, I need to get a replacement for him!

A friend came over to sniff scents today, she opened this vial...she says right off...woooooooooooo that's got some cops in there!! She disliked PheroGirl also but liked this one...so at least try it even if you didn't like the first version.

Yeah see I love the smell of Q when he hasn't showered for at least a day, although he loathes not bathing. I am addicted to his pheromone signature.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this wet, couldn't even smell the cops. Sweet honey, caramel and cocoa, with just a touch of peach. But it dries down to just a flat, dusty scent on my skin... :(

Wore this to the X Games over the weekend. I got some light creamy chocolate at the beginning and after that faded off, it was a soft peach and honeycomb. Reminds me of Shelly B's Lascivious Peach with a stronger and long lasting peach accord. I should be able to pull this scent off at work and any season.

Oh I am so glad you said this it STINKS on me also. Smells like the outhouse on a hot day when I used to visit some of the family down south. It has a urine type smell on me. Could it be the cops?This was from the sample that I diluted ALOT and it still smells bad. I am still loving my LP Red w lace however.

What did you dilute it with/how did you dilute it? And did you dilute it after you had tried it on your skin for a few hours?

I don't think that I would recommend diluting one of the perfumes here because it might completely alter the smell. I wouldn't even dilute Jouir De... :lol:

Agreeing with Cheshire Kitten...Yes, diluting haphazardly entirely changes the character of the fragrances. Different notes rise and fall in the mix and the scent is not presented as intended. We turn oils into sprays using 1/3rd oil and 2/3rds perfumer's alcohol. Any other dilution ratio is going to change things A LOT.

Copulins and honey can both come off as urine-like, especially if the intended cover scent has been diluted. You should really try these as intended and review on that basis, rather than reviewing your own mixes.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't get past the peach in this blend. Same with the peach in Suki's Boy Bait (PE), though I love Erin's Honeysuckle Earth and Peaches (PE). I found Glistening Buttons drool-worthy but it's more dark chocolate, honey and almonds to my nose, where Pouncing Potion is peach, chocolate and honey.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 2 weeks later...

This Is my becoming one of my favorites! I keep putting this one on lately,I love the peach note in it! It is the kind of scent you put on when your nose is craving something gourmand,warm..sexy .My goodness, it smells devine for summer,like when your sitting in the sun.

I really love it! My fiance says it turns him on when he smells it on my neck.lol..

I just wish I had gotton this when I placed my order on friday!

I really love this!! So much better on me than Phero Girl, for some reason. Must be some way the honeys are balanced in this one that just works for me.

When I mentioned this in the "what are you wearing" thread the other day, I almost wrote "Pounding Potion" and it really could be just that!! Luna caught it, LOL!!

Wow, well I think I cops'd my nose into not being able to smell them any more. Gave this another go today, and am now horny and smelling like apricot-vanilla. Gave the big kid a sniff so as to see if it was just me thinking it was okay, but really reeking of <insert female parts term of choice> but she says mmmmmm you smell like Burts Bees Baby Perfume.

I know it is peach but the sweet juice from peach can smell is gone and is more fuzzy and more like apricot now. Dammit do I have to buy this one too now??

Well this one smelled so awful that I washed it of!!!!!. I'll give it another go as I like the premise "pouncing"

LOL

I thought this one was supposed to be more chocolate-y for some reason - there is a chocolate smell to it, too, no? Now although I haven't tried it yet, everyone keeps mentioning peaches, and I already think I have to have it! I'm a peach and mango whore, apparently! Throw a peach in there, Eggers will buy it! ;)

See... ya learn something new each day - I had no idea that a scent could change because of application location. Does anyone else find this to be the case also?

Very interesting!

Based on reports on my other forum I belong to, yes. Some bits of your body are hotter/greasier/sweatier, and it all plays a part. If you're interested in the science of scent, there's a book of the same name which was very interesting, a lot went over my head - quantum physics - but I grasped enough to still make it an interesting read. I think to dumb it down completely, each scent molecule is of different weights (the old top and base note thing), vanilla being fat and heavy sticks around, orange is light and floats away fast, so I guess heat increase in certain parts speeds up which bits of scent come to the forefront. I love love love that perfume can smell different from person to person, and even yourself day to day. It makes it magical. :stars188:

• 2 weeks later...

For me, something about the scent of this one is just a bit off. I don't think peach and honey combined is a scent for me. It was like mixing together sugar and salt, both great on their own but together in this way, my nose just didn't know what to make of it. I might have to give this one a miss - fortunately I have plenty of other lovely scents with cops so I don't think I will miss it too much :)

Edited by Synergist

• 4 weeks later...

Pouncing Potion is my favorite LP scent to date! This one is just delicious!

On first application there is definitely a layer of chocolate goodness, but that quickly faded away to a more honey-and-apricot heaviness. I don’t get peaches… I smell honeyed apricots. And something else that’s almost powdery smelling, or sortof like Royal Jelly? … Probably took about… 20-30 minutes for most of the chocolate to disappear, then it was just self-devouringly tasty smelling.

This scent kept coming out and surprising me, too. It seemed very heat sensitive… The warmer I got, the warmer the smell of the scent… And even after wearing it for hours and hours… It still smells delicious. Towards around the 6-8 hour mark or so, this scent definitely seems to start to cool off again. It’s still there, but you have to look for it to find it. There’s a tiny hint of chocolate that can also be found, but you have to really look for it to find it.

The first day I wore this, right before I left on vacation, it was sooooooo tasty! I drove around doing last minute errands and trying not to freak out my fellow drivers too much as I attempted (mostly in vain) to inhale my wrists at every opportunity. I actually caught someone looking at me in their rear view mirror as I was trying not to munch on my forearm at one stop, and I finally realized that it either looked like I was some sort of weirdo smelling my pits at the light, or I was doing lines of drugs off my wrist or something…

Yes. This is definitely a nomingly delicious scent.

I asked my Sweetheart his opinion, and he said that he liked it, but that it had an undertone of “baby powder” which he doesn’t like… The first day I wore it he was playful, but we were both so busy packing and running down our respective to do lists that he was mostly full of innuendo - and lots of slaps on the ass.

I think one of the lines he used went something like this:

[[ discovers me bending over my suitcase ]]

Well…

[[ smirking ]]

I know what you can do after you’ve finished with that…

[[ adjusts his pants, gestures over his shoulder towards the bedroom ]]

[[ pauses for effect ]]

Clean the kitchen…”

[[ leers, slaps my ass, saunters away ]]

The second time I wore this was today… We got back from our trip late last night and I had to stop by the grocery to pick up fresh milk, eggs and cheese. After I took my shower, applied the Pouncing Potion, then went in search of clothes… My Sweetheart finished his shower about when the scent had dried down, and I discovered I had acquired an attentive shadow.

My Sweetheart followed me around the house and couldn’t seem to keep his hands off of me. I went looking for my wallet… There he was helping behind me as I searched through my purse… I needed to drop my towel in the washer… There he was standing behind me as I reached in with my towel… I got down on my hands and knees to dig through our clothes bag for the skirt I was going to wear into town… There he was, behind me…

Yeah…

It took a good 15-20 minutes longer to get out the door than I expected. He also mentioned the official “Words of Approval” one of the times he was looming over my shoulder before I stepped out the door:

“You smell good”.

He says the smelly good-i-ness of this scent makes up for the baby powder smell. That's what he's officially calling these new LP scents, by the way...

He's referring to them as my new "smell goods".

Another interesting interaction when I went into town - I had two of the checkout boys (whom I see on a regular basis) stumbling over their words as they rang up my order, and trying to flirt in a they’re-young-enough-to-be-my-children kind of way. It was terribly cute, if funny.

This one will definitely be in my next order. In addition to several honey trial sized sample containers too...

So tasty!

Edited by teacozy

• 2 months later...

This was a surprise hit! I originally didn't order this because of the chocolate (cocoa) note. For some reason, chocolate doesn't love me with the same intensity that I love it. Got this as a sample in a trade, and love at first sniff. I get honey, peach, and cocoa. And the chocolate cocoa note doesn't go all weird. It all blends together to make this perfect yummy, sexy come hither scent!! Another love :)

Does anyone know if this is permanent perfume?

@MrsC, I couldn't do chocolate scents until about 6 months back. Pouncing Potion is a limited edition of Pherogirl. I think it's inspired by Glistening Buttons. Another 2 non perm choc scent which you can try is Luna's Sungold Mocha&Regal Confection. I think i read that Velvet Kisses didn't do for you. There should be more choc/coffee scents so enjoy experimenting!

Great review teac!

MrsC this is a limited scent like the others. I think the only perm ones are the LP ones like Pink, Black OG, #9 and Red

@MrsC, I couldn't do chocolate scents until about 6 months back. Pouncing Potion is a limited edition of Pherogirl. I think it's inspired by Glistening Buttons. Another 2 non perm choc scent which you can try is Luna's Sungold Mocha&Regal Confection. I think i read that Velvet Kisses didn't do for you. There should be more choc/coffee scents so enjoy experimenting!

Thanks Lady V and JOC...looks like I will have to buy this soon then.

• 3 months later...

drat.

I love pherogirl. This reminded me a lot of pherogirl but different. It wasn't until I read people's reviews here that I could identify the peach. It does smell like canned peaches in syrup. A little tinny, something a little more sugary than syrup-y peaches, a lot of honey or powdery honey, with a bit of cocoa powder.

I don't mind the smell. I kind of like it. Not nearly as much as pherogirl, but enough to dig using the sample up. BUT-- sadly, my boyfriend smells this on me and says I smell like cat piss.

I tried to let it dry longer this time. Am I screwing up the dry down phase, and the coplins are sticking to my clothes? Or is this a no-hoper if I let it dry down for x amount of time and my boyfriend still smells cat piss?

drat.

I love pherogirl. This reminded me a lot of pherogirl but different. It wasn't until I read people's reviews here that I could identify the peach. It does smell like canned peaches in syrup. A little tinny, something a little more sugary than syrup-y peaches, a lot of honey or powdery honey, with a bit of cocoa powder.

I don't mind the smell. I kind of like it. Not nearly as much as pherogirl, but enough to dig using the sample up. BUT-- sadly, my boyfriend smells this on me and says I smell like cat piss.

I tried to let it dry longer this time. Am I screwing up the dry down phase, and the coplins are sticking to my clothes? Or is this a no-hoper if I let it dry down for x amount of time and my boyfriend still smells cat piss?

That stinks! From what I've learned here, some people get cat pee with the honey scents. Try another honey scent to see if your man still smells cat pee. It might be your chemistry. You can also let a friend wear it, and smell it on her to figure out if it's your chemistry messing with the honey.

I do think I get more chatty/friendly when I wear cops, though it might be that I'm just trying to be more observant watching to see if there's any phero hits.

I'll see about wearing the phero-girl around him (which smells great.)

Worst case, maybe I'll just save this for on my own scents. I was considering phero-girl for a full bottle after I wore if a few more times so I hope honeys don't go crazy on me. Could be worse-- I could hate honey on me. I guess if I had to choose, I'd rather be able to wear honey but just not be able to wear it around the beast.

I do think I get more chatty/friendly when I wear cops, though it might be that I'm just trying to be more observant watching to see if there's any phero hits.

I'll see about wearing the phero-girl around him (which smells great.)

Worst case, maybe I'll just save this for on my own scents. I was considering phero-girl for a full bottle after I wore if a few more times so I hope honeys don't go crazy on me. Could be worse-- I could hate honey on me. I guess if I had to choose, I'd rather be able to wear honey but just not be able to wear it around the beast.

Let us know how it works out for you :)

Ok, most honey scents do not work on me at all, they make me ill...except Pherogirl!! Pherogirl is totally different in my opinion because of the orange blossom making it brighter.

Strong honey scents do not work on me either, especially PG! I was sad that this one didn't work on me, I think it was the combination of the peach and honey- which sounds like that could be what is happening to you as well Miss Hazel, but I have learned that over time scents change- so perhaps one day this will work on me.

• 3 months later...

I am very lucky that this chocolate came out well! I get a dark powdery chocolate on top, with a syrupy canned peach peeping in and out of the honey base.

I'm kind of young and can't wear too much cops, but even for the scent of this a little goes a long way! I just put a lil inch dab between my bewbs and rub them together, then I'm filled with honeyed cocoa powder in my shirt forever! Mmmmmhhh....

I'm so glad this chocolate didn't turn poopy on me, because a certain well-known commercial perfume (coughAngelcough) certainly smelled like poop that someone tried to cover with a vanilla-scented spray!