Heart Strings

LadyVictoria

AD-Heartstrings_LG_LovePotion_BohemianCa

Heart Strings

A pumpkin-frosted ginger cookie fit for a sweet spooky ginger cat! Four types of pumpkin – spiced and fresh – are combined with fresh and candied ginger and a dash of marshmallow upon a scrumptious base of sugar cookie and brown sugar pecan accords. Remember ladies, you can tug the heartstrings of any man with this blend featuring two of the most compelling scents to the opposite sex: pumpkin and ginger!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
PECAN ~ Money, employment, mental acuity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh boy. This is INCREDIBLE! Wet it reminded me of Frosted, perhaps because of the ginger and vanilla. It seemed a bit faint but I still loved it and prayed that it would deepen and last. As it dried down the cinnamon and pumpkin came out and now it's a delicious warm pumpkin cinnamon frosted sugar cookie!!!!!!!!!!! I keep reapplying because I don't want to stop smelling like this. I noticed that after reapplication a gorgeous creamy vanilla came out, almost like cream cheese. YUM
Please skin don't eat, please stay forever..

Wet, I get a blast of pumpkin and then the spices start coming out. This is one of those rare instance where I like brown sugar and pecan. Absolutely mouth watering. I want to eat my arm. I think it's the vanilla that's keeping it soft and cozy for me. Lovely and rich. This is pumpkin at it's best.

This doesn't really remind me of Frosted because the pumpkin is so strong. The pumpkin and ginger aspects are the strongest to me on my skin with a very spicy finish. It does really cling! There's more of a cookie feel to it for me in the vial (because the vanilla is stronger than on my skin), but all the spicy/pumpkin-loving people will enjoy this.

All I'm getting is ginger and pecan. It reminds me more of vicars and tarts than anything else. Again I think my nose is off today so I look forward to the cookie part coming out on the next try!

Notes:

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

Wearing this one today - omg you must get this if you enjoy the G&L scents... it's FANTASTICO! I get lots of spicy pumpkin and ginger...and yet there's a creamy vanilla playing up now too. OH, I want a bath set w/this!

ETA: the Mr.'s initial reaction upon sniffing... wide-eyed, "Oh My!"... Sadly we were unable to proceed further.

Edited by katz

I love this one. Warm and toasty, not overly spicy, brown-sugary pumpkin cookies with vanilla cookies and the additonal warm nuttiness of pecans. Very much like praline pumpkin cookies, actually. Pumpkinphiles GET THIS.

Testing Heart Strings again today...this is some strong stuff on me :w00t: ... it has mellowed down some and still is like Buns of Cinn,on me...hmmm forgot to say in my first post that Buns Of Cinn was one of my first favs from LPMP and have one boosted wth Lace ...yes this is a Calii scent :)

LUV this one, I've been wearing it to bed that past few nights, reminded me of my Sug'd EGC with PUMPKIN, but tonight it's going plastic-y on me :(

oh my god YUM! immediatly this is a pumpkin cookie!! pumpkin and gingerbread. I needs a bottle. I like it so much i am not going to review it so there are more bottles for me. YOU DONT WANT IT! It's Mine Mine! mwha ha ha

*runs all the way to LP from Canada, grabbing all of the bottles of heart strings and sitting on them like a dragon on a gold hoard*

This is the first pumpkin fragrance I've tried, and OMG I'M IN LOVE. It's really more like a pumpkin-gingerbread scent and the ginger isn't as hot as I was counting on, but despite that this is one of the greatest foodie fragrances I have ever tried. It still screams desserty sugary pumpkin-gingerbread after dry down. Wonderful. I hope LPMP makes this until the end of time.

This smells like one of my faces: Vicars and Tarts. I def smell a jam like scent. which is likely the pecan? and I smell a bit of ginger. Why can't I smell the pumpkin?? Will report back when I try it on actual skin

Pumpkin itself is a light sheer somewhat fleshy fruity scent. I am forever searching for pumpkin oils that have more of the fleshy aspect, but the majority of oils on the market are all pumpkin spice and very little pumpkin itself. Actual pumpkin smell is very easily overhwelmed by spices. It's like a sponge for spices.

I meant for this one to be on the spicier side, but I have made others where I have used the least spiced most fleshy types I can get my paws on.

The pumpkin you used in AE '10 was more of a fleshy type, IIRC.

I have a question. What does IIRC and ETA mena? I use ETA at work but for me it means.. Estimated Time of Arrival.

I have tried and tried to figure it out.

The pumpkin in AE 2011 is spicy and divine..

OMG. Yum. This reminds me of Frosted which I love but has a lot more throw on me. It's just ginger-y, cookie-ish, pumpkin-y love.

This is mostly cinnamony and brown sugar on my skin, so spicy that it stings the back of my throat. This is actually a fabolous thing for me, because I get a little disappointed with scents that go too light on the zing and spice. I wish I could get the other notes, but the brown sugar/cinnamon combo on me invariably drowns out the other notes. This reminds me of BPAL's Blue Pumpkin Floss from a year or so ago, but without the berry punch. I like it, but I'll only be using it in small doses.

Tonight this one is wonky on me... smelling Powder??? Not getting any spice or food. What can this be? Pecan? Marshmallow?

God I really love this one. It's spicy pumpkin creamy comfort. There's something about this that makes me feel so safe and cozy.

I just dabbed a bit on my hands because I can't help myself , I want to smell like I bathe in the LP waterfalls of deliciousness.

So I smell like yummy roses and pumpkins. I kinda like the combo. I am alternating sniffing arms and hand. Roses. Pumpkin. Roses. Pumpkin. Why am I so happy right now? I think I am stoned now. :love592:

I brought this one to work, in case I wanted to switch scents (I did!) And OMG. I'm so glad I did. This is amazing. I love everything about this one. Every ingredient is perfect, even the pecan, which I was scared of. I smell the fleshy pumpkin, the spices, a bit of the ginger... but the marshmallow, vanilla and brown sugar just top this off perfectly. I want to slather this! NEED a bottle!

Im getting what the majority gets...spicy pumpkin yummy.

One thing I would like to add though is that this smells really natural on me.... maybe it melds with chemistry nicely but I get a really natural....spicy,foody,slightly sweet,not overwhelming, I-have-a-pumpkin-cookie-hiding-in-my-pocket-so-I-dont-have-to-share smell.

• 1 month later...

I brought this sample on a trip and have been slathered in it night and day. I get no nuts anymore, just PUMPKIN GINGERBREAD COOKIE, ie NEED VATS. The vibe is so much like G&Lv2 to me. *twirls happily*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tryed this again after seeing Tyvey's post in the daily thread cause for a moment,or two lol, could not remember which one this was...oh boy this has aged nicely :) granted I am kinda slathered in Baskery,but this is much more the pumpkin frosted ginger cookies on me than it was before! ...every bit as good Bunns of Cinn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OMG. PUMPKIN. I can't stop sniffing my arm where I've got this applied.

IT SMELLS SO GOOD. I want pumpkin pie now.

Mara - are you sure this scent makes *only* men slobber? Because OMG I LOVE this. I'm loving ALL the LPMP pumpkin scents. I don't know what to do. I have Garland and Lace, I love All Hallows Eve, Candle in the Wind, etc, etc. I can't possibly use all these pumpkin perfumes, but I love them all.

I normally like light airy/floral/watery scents, but I love all these foody pumpkins!!!!! <3

• 4 months later...

I wish there was a photo of the label on this review thread. God I need to remember to order this now. A big fat, thick pumpkin-ginger cookie. This is one of the foodies that can make me a bit hungry.. and the label .. I want a poster of it. :)

Edited by StacyK