Nectar De L'Amour

halo0073

AD-Nectar_LG_LovePotion_BohemianCats_.jp

Nectar De L'Amour

This delectable "fruit bomb" blend is guaranteed to put a smile on your face and lust in his heart! A bounty of berries – raspberry, mulberry, boysenberry, and blueberry – is blended with luscious apricot and sweet and green apple accords, then given a spin of syrupy sweetness with light honey, caramel and pink berry sugars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility,
good
luck, happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
BOYSENBERRY ~ A cultivated fruit, developed from a combination of blackberry and raspberry, thus the magickal meaning is a combination of the two: Healing, protection, money attractant, a food of the Fae
,love inducing, stamina and vigor.
MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
CARAMELIZED & BERRY SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing,
wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to tell myself that I can pick out each of the different fruits but I can't. It's just a gorgeous jam of light playful fruity goodness. Mixed with honey, sugars and amber which are 3 of my favorite things. It opens a little tart but sweetly so and just becomes more and more sweet. Love it!

This one I have to retest. I loved loved loved it on Sunday. I thought it was so sweet, juicy and felt like a big punch bowl of love to me. I tried it again yesterday and it turned sour, then it screeched at me. So I will retest because I really loved it initially

Funny. I made it as a Happy Juice for myself....something that would just make me happy to be around. And when Catherine was bottling it she said that very thing, "This one just makes me HAPPY! This is happiness in a bottle!"

Funny. I made it as a Happy Juice for myself....something that would just make me happy to be around. And when Catherine was bottling it she said that very thing, "This one just makes me HAPPY! This is happiness in a bottle!"

Well it worked! It is an extremely happy blend to wear.

This one is nice, at first its sweet, fruity, with a hint of tangy. After a while, it dried to a creamy, coconut, sugared, fruit? Very nice. And many of my LPs can take down scent memory lane, which is always awesome!! I had a scent similar to this before, so Nectar de l'Amour took me to the summer of 2009, when I graduated, and took a trip to Georgia with my sorority sisters...fun times!!

It's definitely one of the LP Happy Juice scents, for sure! I'd almost want to layer it with something creamy (like sugared cream) 'cause I like my fruits with a little softness underneath. The apricot always needs a little gentling on me.

The juicy sunshine-y quality of the berries is so delicious in the vial, but on my skin there's some weird undertone happening. I'll have to try it again because I really love the happy vibe of this one.

• 2 weeks later...

The juicy sunshine-y quality of the berries is so delicious in the vial, but on my skin there's some weird undertone happening. I'll have to try it again because I really love the happy vibe of this one.

I get the same reaction. In the vial and upon initial application I totally feel the love that this is- then the berries get all weird and smell like they have been in my car for too long in the hot sun.

I don't think I can do any fruit that is not red - but see I can do Lors Blue Bomb but it must another ingredient that is making this weird on me. Almost heavy, when it's supposed to be light.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet and fruity. I agree with Katz, I would want something creamy to go with this. And love the label, looks like it's from the kitty version of Three Musketeers.

OH! This is amazing! I am SO glad Mara threw in a sample of this for me - thanks so much!! I need more of this for sure. A real winner!

What is the lovely smell I get in the bottle and on initial application? I think it might be the berries... but it is so sweet? It's like smelling the most delicious candy. It hangs around even after drydown, just becomes less sharp. A bit of a younger person's scent, but I'm finding that is me at the moment, probably because I'm a fragrance noob and don't yet know what to make of the more complex blends. I don't get anything deep or dark or rich from this, just all light, sweet, berry goodness. I don't have the perfume vocabulary yet to describe it properly, but I love it!

OH! This is amazing! I am SO glad Mara threw in a sample of this for me - thanks so much!! I need more of this for sure. A real winner!

What is the lovely smell I get in the bottle and on initial application? I think it might be the berries... but it is so sweet? It's like smelling the most delicious candy. It hangs around even after drydown, just becomes less sharp. A bit of a younger person's scent, but I'm finding that is me at the moment, probably because I'm a fragrance noob and don't yet know what to make of the more complex blends. I don't get anything deep or dark or rich from this, just all light, sweet, berry goodness. I don't have the perfume vocabulary yet to describe it properly, but I love it!

Honey you are a younger person ;) At least compared to me. Enjoy it. LOL.

That's so funny! I let my 5 yr.old into my closet to smell samples with me & he really liked this one. So cute.

• 1 year later...

Just got this one and got to wear it today. There's A LOT of berries in it and sometimes fruit, even berries are, well, too sharp for me. But I've gotten a handful of scents with blackberry that the berry is super sweet. An Act of Violets has acai berry and is sweet and Merry was a huge winner and that had mulberry soooooo, I went out on a limb fb for this one because I got a little sniffie to sample and we seemed to get along. On application it was shapr but sweet so the sugariness seemed to be keeping the sharpness in check and it just kept getting better from there! After dry down it was sweet but tart and as time progressed it was just all sugary goodness! This one is just perfect for this time of year....YUM! :Emoticons04235:

This was another of my first LP purchases ( just loved those Boho Cats!

Upon application the Boysenberry and Raspberry are the first noticeable tart notes to my nose, from there they meld with the other berries and slightly tart green apple. The Honey is a always prominent but plays the supporting roll here with the vanilla and amber. The berry sugars are an interesting addition and give off a sweet and tart scent. To me this scent is reminiscent of my childhood when mom would serve a big bowl of fresh sugared berries, both tart and sweet. The apricot adds a juicy sweetness but is not prominent. This is a wonderful sugared and honeyed berry scent that wears well and long on the skin. My bottle has aged well and this makes a great EOW cover.

Edited by StacyK

this makes a great EOW cover.

Ooooh! I'll bet it does! I'll have to give that idea a spin! :)

This was another of my first LP purchases ( just loved those Boho Cats!

Upon application the Boysenberry and Raspberry are the first noticeable tart notes to my nose, from there they meld with the other berries and slightly tart green apple. The Honey is a always prominent but plays the supporting roll here with the vanilla and amber. The berry sugars are an interesting addition and give off a sweet and tart scent. To me this scent is reminiscent of my childhood when mom would serve a big bowl of fresh sugared berries, both tart and sweet. The apricot adds a juicy sweetness but is not prominent. This is a wonderful sugared and honeyed berry scent that wears well and long on the skin. My bottle has aged well and this makes a great EOW cover.

I love your reviews, I so wish I could write so eloquently to describe my lovely scents.

LOL Dolphinsolls I had to go back and edit, between using my phone with the constantly intrusive spell check..and hitting the wrong tiny keys the first draft made me sound like a dyslexic pirate. But thanks. :-)

LOL Dolphinsolls I had to go back and edit, between using my phone with the constantly intrusive spell check..and hitting the wrong tiny keys the first draft made me sound like a dyslexic pirate. But thanks. :-)

:smiley-laughing024:

You are crackin' me up, Stacy!! :love:

• 1 month later...

This was on the list I made after going through the perfumes to see what might catch my fancy. Luckily, I got a sample of it in my last delivery. And I took it out for a late night stroll with husband, we're having such a hot summer and the city is alive all night. It smells like a fruit salad, delicious and kinda sticky-sweet, a couple minutes after application I got a heavy nonfruity note, rather wooden, I guess the amber, but that didn't last and the fruitiness came back. Makes for a light mood, too!

Decided to wear my samples now and not just hoard them in my drawer (all mine!!) because the way I see it, my LP collection is likely to grow anyway.

I wonder if with the oils I'm really getting the scent out there. Smells fine to me, but I don't know if others can smell them as well. I definitely get the phero reaction from people, but don't know if they get the lovely cover scents, too.

I get comments when I put the non-pheros in my hair or if I just applied them and someone gets close. Husband only remarked once, and that was when he came to nuzzle my bosom and I had just put some Cuchi there 10 minutes earlier.

I guess the best way for me is to get the unscented pheros and the straight perfumes to wear on top, so I can slather myself in them. Sometimes I walk into some ladies perfume cloud, and that's mostly Ewww, but I think I need to amp the scents somehow. Since my perfume cloud would be soooo much lovelier....Should I get sprays rather than oils for that?

Maroon - one of the things I've noticed (for me) is (and I'm a slatherer too lol) that if I slather my perfume oils first and then spray my pheros over top of them, that the spray seems to lift the fragrance of the perfume into the air more. Maybe give it a whirl and see if you get the same thing happen? Then the pheros and the fragrance are winging out there for others to delight in :^^:

Maroon, I think you'd be surprised how far the scented oils carry, especially if they get on your clothes. I use Mara's "lollipop" method of application, (one strip from collarbone all the way down and around the belly-button), and I put a little on my forearms, too, for my own sniffing pleasure.

Just 'cause people aren't commenting doesn't mean the won't smell them. The oils travel FAR.

In the restaurant where I work, the chef can often smell me all the way back in the kitchen when I'm in the front of house!. :o And I don't even do a full lolly for work! Just a little on my chest and a touch on my forearms. He sometimes hollers at me, "What the heck are you wearing today, Love?" :lol:

I got a sample of this in my last order; I love the samples because I wouldn't have thought to try something fruity.

I put this on, and it had a wonderful super-sophisticated fruit punch smell--if I were attending a lawn party in Newport, wearing a white cotton skirt and a silk tank top, and a gorgeous bartender handed me a crystal glass full of red/orange juice with bits of fruit floating in it and a long bendy straw and told me I was drinking something called "Summer in a Bowl", this is what it would smell like. Definitely a mood booster, as people have said.

Unfortunately, my skin didn't like something in it--within a minute or so, the scent got kind of plasticky on me, and though that eased off a bit after maybe half an hour, the initial blast of pure fruit sweetness did not return. I will try it again when I am not in the PMS zone, in case the reaction was caused by hormones and isn't just a regular thing.

I am glad to have tried this, because it's always great to have my taste broadened. I love the variety of summer scents I'm starting to collect--the coconutty, the honeyed, and now the fruity!

I got a sample of this in my last order; I love the samples because I wouldn't have thought to try something fruity.

I put this on, and it had a wonderful super-sophisticated fruit punch smell--if I were attending a lawn party in Newport, wearing a white cotton skirt and a silk tank top, and a gorgeous bartender handed me a crystal glass full of red/orange juice with bits of fruit floating in it and a long bendy straw and told me I was drinking something called "Summer in a Bowl", this is what it would smell like. Definitely a mood booster, as people have said.

Unfortunately, my skin didn't like something in it--within a minute or so, the scent got kind of plasticky on me, and though that eased off a bit after maybe half an hour, the initial blast of pure fruit sweetness did not return. I will try it again when I am not in the PMS zone, in case the reaction was caused by hormones and isn't just a regular thing.

I am glad to have tried this, because it's always great to have my taste broadened. I love the variety of summer scents I'm starting to collect--the coconutty, the honeyed, and now the fruity!

This is delightful, isn't it, I love the Bohos cats art on the bottle too. I'm considering a second full bottle with a dash of cops added to go with my sale order.

This is the tip of the ice burg... Just wait!

I am still amazed at what I'm learning that I like. The craft here at LP is astonishing and there are sniffies that they send, that after cooing over, that I look up the notes and say NO WAY in a million years would I have ever thought of that for myself...but there I am..ga-ga over the sniffie! It will be one of your favorite things...and one of the most awful :D My wish list never seems to end thanks to a lot of those lil' buggers! :rolleyes:

This is delightful, isn't it, I love the Bohos cats art on the bottle too. I'm considering a second full bottle with a dash of cops added to go with my sale order.

I'm trying to work my way through reviews of anything I have that's on the sale list (my package is out for delivery as we speak so in just a few hours there will be plenty to work with!) And those cats are FABULOUS.

And NuTrix--exactly!

Blackcat,

NuTrix really summed up the whole LP thing. :)

If you like the Boho Cats labels,and they are all great, take a look at HEARTSTRINGS you'll die for it. :purr:

Edited by StacyK

this was very very nice, very sweet and deep- somehow i feel like it could use a toner for the sweetness or something to hold it togethet, thats where layering comes in for me. i used a few dropns of occo slf with this to give it some "depth" lol.... i am no scent expert, still very new at this, i would love to hear how others handle this very very happy scent and very sweet scent. delicious!

• 1 year later...
Guest cutie.pie

I can't believe I'm just reviewing it now! This is one is sweet floral/foody/yummy scent!

The best thing about it is that my dad loves it so much! He says it makes him feel more confident :D

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Yum! This is one of the ones I waffled on a bit. I was a litte worried, for one that it would just be sharp on me because the old Sugared Dark Berries was. Also, mega fruity stuff just has never been my 'jam'aside from blueberry. I like fruit as accents mostly, I feel like they can go a little body fantasies sometimes. But the honey, Vanilla and blueberries won in the end,and I'm very happy I picked this up! It's fruity alright, but it has a nice rounded quality and a sparkle to it too. It reminds me of a couple things: LP Spring Equinox 2011 but less vanilla,more berry, and Vampire Bait just because it has that same High charged upbeat sparkle to it. Like a fruit version of Vamp Bait,rather than floral. It's just sweet, friendly and cheerful. I think it's a great potion to wear around new potential friends, I can't really see anyone disliking it. It also lasts a really long time and has great throw! Recommended to anyone who likes bright, happy sweet stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to slather some of this blend on for work, and on first application, it was an immediate burst of ripe fruits and berries. I was a little worried that the scent would turn plastic on my skin but after about 20-30 minutes of wear, it blossomed to a beautiful rich and dark berries. It smells really yummy. And the wear of this scent is amazing on my skin. Though I prefer my fruits more soft and light, I find myself liking this scent a lot.