LadyVictoria

I don't know what all the notes are supposed to smell like, all I know is that I love this. It's so soothing and comforting to me. I think this is perfect for work or PMS. The notes are so soft and mellow, they aren't fighting each other, they are all respecting each other and playing nicely. I get a really nice soft outdoorsy shower type of smell, very clean followed by a nice big fluffy warm blanket with soft lavender vanilla and cedar. The dry down is so soft and peaceful. This is a total win for me. This smells so fresh and pure. I love this. I feel very balanced as well. Calm, and balanced. Perfect for work, flowers and birds might start pouring out my orifices- that's how sunny and happy this potion makes me feel.

Great job guys!! :hammock-1:

I almost tried this one first in that it's a variant of Pashazade (which I love with an overwhelming passion) but first sniff gave me a different impression, actually.

I think I told you, Luna, that I was initially planning to go in that direction, yes. But just like writing a story that takes on a life of its own, Cry Havoc! had it's own plans and went galloping off on it's horse in it's own direction.

:lol:

I was afraid of the cedar in this, but it's actually soft and really soothing combined with the lavender and vanilla. There is a hint of woody spiciness to it but not the manly Old Spice type--it's very subtle. I'm echoing LadyV on its calming qualities.

I think I told you, Luna, that I was initially planning to go in that direction, yes. But just like writing a story that takes on a life of its own, Cry Havoc! had it's own plans and went galloping off on it's horse in it's own direction.

:lol:

My stories and characters have a tendency to do that, too, Mara. :D I try this tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Cry HAVOC! and let slip the pillows of naptime?

It is indeed surprisingly soothing. On me it leads with a softer cedar that is paired with a woodsy lavender. Has a green edge. Clean. Little sharp. Soapy in a good way, like you just stepped out of a spa. Induces skin nuzzling. Yeah, the kind of clean that gets dirty right away. Uni-sexy scent and I think on a man it would make me think of a log cabin weekend. Men should not shy from this one. Still work appropriate for both but I wouldn't swear to it if you added pheros. ;)

This is like NEW meets...I don't know what. :lol:

So now I understand why it makes people sleepy!

Maybe NEW meets Pashazade but not quite. The lavender is really strong on me, and I don't know it quite works with the other notes although normally I'm sure it does. My skin is really picky when it comes to lavender. But yeah, when it's not shaken you're likely to get more spicy woods and just a tinge of lavender. Shake it well and you get more of the other part. It's really a meeting of masculine and feminine, I think, although I find myself wishing it were more masculine.

This was a surprise LOVE for me..I just tried the sample and went outside and for some reason they smell better outside! lol..the birds were singing and the sun was shining.. ..Smells so familiar to my scent memory in a really good way.

..Ohh Great now this is on my list of bottles to get!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Since I fell for the Courage and Bravery potion, I decided to try out my sample of this courage blend. It is like Courage and Bravery's bolder sibling.

Cry Havoc is soothing and clean, but definitely has a woodsy strength to it. It sort if reminds me of fresh laundry, and for me, anyway, the teak or oakmoss or a note like that takes the forefront. It's also really unisex. I would really like to smell this on a guy.

Now that I enjoy this one so much too, I'm debating which one I want a full bottle of!

• 1 year later...

I always find it surprising when my experience is totally different from everyone else's. I like this one in the vial well enough. On my skin, at first it loses its sweetness while it's still wet, but then when it dries down it comes back. But there's a note in it that annoys me somehow. At least for awhile. I don't know what it is. Then it morphs and just smells soft and soapy. I normally like soapy but I wasn't feeling it today. I don't know if it's me, or the scent itself, so I guess I'd have to try this one again sometime. But today, I wasn't feeling it. It doesn't seem like one for me. I didn't find it relaxing, either.

It did have good staying power. It lasted all day. By the end of the day, it wound up just smelling perfumey in a generic way. I think I would prefer this on a man to wearing it myself.

• 1 year later...

Cry Havoc! is a little jewel I discovered while looking through sniffies for items on the sale freebie list. I fell in love immediately!! When first applied I smelled something like bay rum (sort of medicinal) with spices in the background...I know there is no bay rum in it, but this is what I got...after it started drying down the medicinal smell went away and everything mellowed together to form a truly gorgeous spicy scent...it reminds me a little of Passion by Elizabeth Taylor and of Obsession by Calvin Klein...mind you it has a personality all of it's own...I honestly don't know how it didn't sell out soon after being released!!!

Cry Havoc! could be worn by men or women. I managed to snag a couple for myself and for my dad and husband...The men's I had boosted with Teddy Bear and Charisma. Teddy Bear just seemed appropriate with the lavender and the cozy feeling it gives me when I smell it. Mine I had boosted with LFM because it had the same vibe as La Sylphide which is also enhanced with LFM...worth snagging if you find it on the Trading post!!! :)