Is sexual mones really THAT "dangerous" to wear in public?

I'm new to both this forum and to mones, but I have read some threads in here to check up on the mones I have ordered. Here is list of the mones I have ordered: (just copying from my confirmation email)

Like A Magnet Scented Pheromone Spray - 1 fl.oz.,3x strength -, Scent:Pink Amber

Beth's Blushing Milkmaid - Enhanced with EoW Copulins!,1 fl.oz. Perfume Spray

Sexpionage UNscented Pheromone Blend for Women: SEXPIONAGE,1 fl.oz. Alcohol-based Spray (1x),

Extracurricular Proclivities - Pheromone Enhanced Perfume for Women,1 fl.oz. Perfume Spray

FemmeMyster La Femme Mystère - UNscented Pheromone Blend for Women,1 fl.oz. Spray with Copulins (2x), Base for sprays only:90% Alcohol/10% Oil

Dark Seductions III: Lavender Variant - 1.75 m

OCCO: SLF - Copulin Enhanced Fragrance for Women - 1 fl.oz. Perfume Spray

Cougar Potion - Pheromone Enhanced Fragrance for Women,1 fl.oz. Perfume Spray

Phero Girl: Copulin Enhanced Perfume for Women,1 fl.oz. Perfume Spray

Overt Cops for your Covert Ops! - 1/3 fl.oz., Scent:Gold Shield

BLATANT INVITATION - for Women to attract Men,1 fl.oz. Alcohol-based Spray (2x), Base for sprays only:100% Alcohol

Super4Women UNscented Pheromone Blend for Women: SUPER SEXY,1 fl.oz. Alcohol-based Spray (2x), Base for sprays only:100% Alcohol

I do own EOW from before but I have never used it. Just got it a week ago.

Ok so there you have it. Now I understand that these mones are known to be very sexually charged? And I have read that several in here warns about using some of these mones in public cause it can get you in all sorts of troubles. But is it for real though? Not saying that some people in here a lying but could they be a bit "over protective" if you know what I'm saying? Are mones really THAT powerful?

Cause some in here says they get no reactions at all and some say they wear it everywhere with no problems. So what I'm trying to ask is if I wear Sexpionage out to work for example and I carry myself in a non sexual way but just being myself, will it still get the guys sexually charged? Cause from my understanding you have to act like the mone you have on? So unless I'm wearing sexy clothes and acting flirty and sexy, the mones will not work?

Edited by Darwinia

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... my personal feeling is that it's a little unprofessional at work. You are walking around in the scent equivalent of a mini skirt and a bikini top. You are surrounding yourself with a chemical stimulant which sends out a "I want to have sex RIGHT NOW" message to everyone around you. Depending on your place of work, if you wouldn't work in a "come do me now" outfit, you probably shouldn't smell like you want someone to do you now.

As for how "dangerous" it may or may not be... well, that really depends on the sorts of men you come in contact with on a day-to-day basis. If you only cross paths with the average guy who might stare at a woman walking down in the street in her underwear, then no, it's not dangerous. If you come across the sort of ass hat who thinks that wearing a short skirt means you're fair game, then yes, it is dangerous. I personally wouldn't risk going out at night by myself wearing skimpy clothes, because I don't want to give any ass hats the wrong idea - and pheromones pretty much have the same effect.

Dolly would have the best info on this but I, personally, will wear sexual pheros around Darling. I would not wear anything stronger than Cops when i am by myself. Also i think some pheros could be dangerous in certain situations such as crowded bars. For work I do wear cops because it gets me better tips and so does cougar but i would never wear sexpionage since it is so sexual. are you wearing for the self effects?

I would also consider my personal history with sexual situations. Have there been scary situations in the past? Have men (or women) been unwilling to hear "no"? Have I ever been in a situation and wondered "am I going to get out to this ok"? If so, I'd be very cautious with sexual pheros. However, if I'm a strong woman who kicks ass and takes names, and no one messes with me, then I'd wear whatever I want, whenever and wherever!!

Of the ones you've ordered, I would only be super-cautious with the sexpionage. I have that and have never worn it out of the house. All the others I've worn out with no problem. But, I also don't come into contact with many ass-hats, either.

Cause some in here says they get no reactions at all and some say they wear it everywhere with no problems. So what I'm trying to ask is if I wear Sexpionage out to work for example and I carry myself in a non sexual way but just being myself, will it still get the guys sexually charged? Cause from my understanding you have to act like the mone you have on? So unless I'm wearing sexy clothes and acting flirty and sexy, the mones will not work?

Okay, so then why would you waste it in that way? As Celrynnya points out, you should wear what's appropriate to your surroundings and situation; it's what's referred to by pheromone users as "congruence." So why squander something which is meant to enhance your sexuality and sexual desirability on a situation which doesn't benefit from it?

I have to confess that I have worn Compromising Positions to work once as I really wanted to smell it on me. I know it's safe to wear it out as I'm picked up in the morning and the walk to my compound in the afternoon is very short and safe PLUS I was not expecting any visitors or meeting that day.

I wore CP out of the house once as I was meeting up with a friend whom I know has interest in me (and I'm a teaser). In fact, I didnt' wear it on my body, I applied a little on my scarf.

I guess you'll just have to be careful and rely on your sixth sense to judge if it is safe to wear the pheros to the places which you will be visiting.

I wear cops a lot. And I wear Cougar and SS4W (in LP perfumes, not UN pheros) to work. I work in a medical office, although not direct patient care. I'm usually by myself in my cubby so the scents I wear I are usually just for me. When I train, I try to wear some type of social phero. I'll admit, I have worn Compromising Positions just for the scent. But I haven't even tried scented Sexology yet, even though I have a sample, lol.

I think if you're wearing it for self-effects, and you can handle yourself, you should be okay. But like Luna said, it doesn't make much sense to wear a sexy phero for work, if you aren't trying to attract attention. I would save those for play, and use a more social-type phero. I guess it depends on what you do, though...

Here's my take. I have worn cops, and lots of them in non sexual situations. 95% of the time it's fine because I am not acting all sexy and flirtatious. That was much earlier in my phero journey by the way. One time I was wearing LAM at a big super bowl party. This guy I know who had been mildly flirtatious with me before got really really bold. he walked up the stairs behind me talking about my butt and making mmmm mmmm mmm sounds. i said Shut up in a joking way and he said "No seriously, I'd like to throw you down and lick your ass." That's probably TMI, but I just want to let you know it CAN happen. If someone is thinking of you sexually, mones will amp that up. They enhance what is already there IMO. They ARE powerful. Are you going to have hits like that everytime you wear them? Absolutely not, but if you are in the right place with the wrong person you have to be prepared to deal with what you are putting out there. I am very good at shooting men down, it's a specialty of mine, but I had to be very careful in this instance to just get away from him and try to downplay it. But as it was happening i was afraid he was going to grab my legs and pull them out from under me, you know? So yes, you can get away with it most of the time, but why do you want to have to deal with that? Some blends are more sexually potent IMO. Like I would NEVER wear Blatant invitation around anyone but my man. I would however wear SS4W out and about.

Good advice from everyone above.

The question is, what kind of attention are you looking to invite? In the real world, you're not going to just attract the attention of the gorgeous hunks of your fantasies, you're going to also attract the attention of predators and smarmy guys who have no respect for boundaries.

I once wore one of my very sexy honey-based perfumes, (which mimics cops but has none), out during the day...I had to take a cab somewhere and the cab driver asked me if I wanted to pull over and have sex with him. Rather frightening when you are in someone else's control like that. Luckily he ASKED, and I said NO, and he accepted my refusal.

After that experience, I would never again wear a heavy honey scent such as Phero Girl (which has both the honey AND copulins) out and about on my own. I keep those for hot dates or inspiring playtime at home.

And Luna made a point I was going to bring up also: Why waste them on inappropriate situations?

Of the ones on your list, only a few are ones that I would reserve for times when I have the protection of a man on my arm.

Sexpionage (personally, I would not wear this out of the house)

Blatant Invitation

Phero Girl

OCCO: SLF

OCCO: Gold

Well, I do wear some sexier pheros to work, namely Bang, Cuddle Bunny and LFM. With my personal chemical signature, these have a social feel on me, but i can very easily swing it to sexy when I'm around the person I want that attention from. But when i'm not planning to be around him, I keep the phero at home, because like the others said, it's a total waste of good phero! It's never been a problem for me; my work is 100% safe and my colleagues and bosses aren't leering at me and treat me with respect. But again, these pheros feel social on me.

Mine are also in oil, and they wear really close on me, so the only people being affected are the people I invite into my personal space. I see a lot of yours are in sprays, which really gets the phero out there.

If your aim for wearing these is to feel sexy and confident about yourself (which i suspect is the case from another of your posts), I would focus on the Cougar primarily and LAM until you get a handle on how pheros effect you and the people around you.

Good luck!

Edited by BlueBear

Thanks for the replies guys!

I am single and I do want some attention from guys, and I do want to be noticed at work too, especially by a guy there.. I want the guys on my workplace to be nice to me and help me and to like me. But I don't want them to want me though. Exept for that one guy, I want him so freaking bad and that is the one I am wanting wear some sexual mones around. To make him want me.

I there are any self effects by any of the mones I have bought, that would be a great bonus.

I guess what I wanted to know was if the sexual mones are being over exaggerated in here, sorry, but it just sounds too good to be true some of the stories written in here. If it really is THAT good then I certainly am looking forward to using them, but I'm just a bit afraid that I will be disappointed? Spent a lot of money on those mones, just don't want it to be a waste, you know? :) But then again, would you guys be so into it i it didn't work? Probably not.. But could many of the hits be random? Do one have a "mone filter" when wearing them, thinking that a guy staring at you is sexual when maybe it's just random and coincidental?

Hard to explain, and English is not my first language as I am Norwegian, but these are all questions I wonder about. I hope I do not offend anyone, but I know how powerful our minds can be when we want to believe something really bad. I mean absolutely no offence!

Ps. When I get the mones, I sure will give you guys full reports!

Edited by Darwinia

I guess what I wanted to know was if the sexual mones are being over exaggerated in here, sorry, but it just sounds too good to be true some of the stories written in here. If it really is THAT good then I certainly am looking forward to using them, but I'm just a bit afraid that I will be disappointed? Spent a lot of money on those mones, just don't want it to be a waste, you know? :) But then again, would you guys be so into it i it didn't work? Probably not.. But could many of the hits be random? Do one have a "mone filter" when wearing them, thinking that a guy staring at you is sexual when maybe it's just random and coincidental?

Hard to explain, and English is not my first language as I am Norwegian, but these are all questions I wonder about. I hope I do not offend anyone, but I know how powerful our minds can be when we want to believe something really bad. I mean absolutely no offence!

I tend to be skeptical, and I'm a believer! I suppose some could be random, but if you wear these around people you know and are around daily, it's definitely easy to see when you get a reaction that's out of the ordinary. And just this week, I had a phero experience that was confirmed by a friend noticing strange reactions, and she doesn't know I use them.

On myself, I find the best results when wearing pheros and perfumes mixed together in the bottle...with the exception of spraying Alpha-Nol or Lace on my hair and in the air around me for social reasons, but also while wearing a phero/perfume mix.

I was the biggest skeptic around. I've been making perfumes that are brewed to inspire reactions from people, professionally, since 1986, and had no intention of ever adding pheros to my nice clean gorgeous perfumes. I too thought it was a scam that separated dummies from their money. Until I tried them. What made me a believer was getting entirely different reactions from people than I normally did. They (the pheros from HIGH QUALITY SOURCES) changed people's reactions to me dramatically, strangers as well as people I knew well and could normally predict their personalities...noticeable changes in their behavior...that's what made me a believer. I consider myself somewhat a student of human nature. I am a people watcher. I take note of body language and am good at reading intent from people. I think people who have a good intuition based on subtle clues are the ones that notice their "phero hits" the best.

You should read what I wrote in my earlier post, the first line. You may have one target in mind at work, but you're going to effect everyone, just be aware.

I tried Love potion and my self effects were awesom.I FELT BEAUTIFUL.I looked at my reflection and LOOKED beautiful.I went out to exercise and the young college men were all yelling over to me that I looked beautiful and how cute etc.Mind you I was walking with my neighbors daughter only 11 and they were still calling out to me.It was a breezy day.I had on the LP/red lace combo.They were about a roads distance from me so I really think it had to be my self effects.I had the oil on.Great stuff esp for the self effects.

I guess what I wanted to know was if the sexual mones are being over exaggerated in here, sorry, but it just sounds too good to be true some of the stories written in here. If it really is THAT good then I certainly am looking forward to using them, but I'm just a bit afraid that I will be disappointed? Spent a lot of money on those mones, just don't want it to be a waste, you know?

It's fine to be skeptical - most people are until they try them and then they decide for themselves. But perhaps not to be confrontational regarding the skepticism. If you're trying them then it stands to reason that you're willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially given how many you bought all at once. I hope you do get the results you desire, but just like anything else, you have to be the prime component in your own success.

Pheromones are like a lot of things, YMMV, and there are obviously no guarantees. That being said, I've been here for quite a while, and the consistency of great hits for all of us is what keeps me using pheros. I love that we have a whole arsenal of different options, for different situations and effects. Someone (Dolly, I think) said that when wearing pheros, the best results are when you "set it and forget it". If you wear pheros and then analyze every single encounter - especially with your target person, you will probably be disappointed. I don't think they work that way - they don't for me. But, at the end of the day, when I look back on my encounters with people, many times I realize that I had some great moments!

And, with my husband, it's always a great moment!!

To give you some advice that may be helpful to your aims...

I would suggest some LP Original or Spring Eguinox 2011 (no, wait that's my fave! You can no haz any!) boosted with any of the following:

1. Open Windows

2. Heart & Soul

3. Lace

4. Cuddlebunny (has cops)

5. Cougar

In my experience Open Windows effects men & women in positive, but different ways. Now Cougar, Cougar acts like the perfect social if you're trying to attract male attention. (Usually) it doesn't instill hostility in women, & I often find myself surrounded by a circle of guys hanging off of my every word. It is very surreal, actually. You see, you do not have to wear over the top sexually charged pheromones to garner male attention, deary. Men will always be attracted to the "it" girl, & social pheromone blends can definitely help you be "it", if you work them properly. There are other basics, as simple as smiling genuinely, that help kick these into high gear.

This thread is totally Awesome :w00t: I think it should be pinned,even...the advice you have been given here is PRICELESS...read it,study it...understand what is really being said, not what you want to hear...while I truly hope you have great experiences with your purchases, am hearing much negativity...that being said in the years I have worn cops have had only one bad situation,was wearing LP Red and OCCO Red and was stalked by a WEIRDO...I am a strong,confident,and very aware type,so removed myself from the area before action was needed...pheros,cops,wrong place,wrong time or whatever you must always be aware and prepared...it only takes once.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I am single and I do want some attention from guys, and I do want to be noticed at work too, especially by a guy there.. I want the guys on my workplace to be nice to me and help me and to like me. But I don't want them to want me though. Exept for that one guy, I want him so freaking bad and that is the one I am wanting wear some sexual mones around. To make him want me.

I there are any self effects by any of the mones I have bought, that would be a great bonus.

Ps. When I get the mones, I sure will give you guys full reports!

I started out as the biggest skeptic on the planet. Yes, pheros are real. Yes, the reactions are REAL. I have been using them for about 10 years now (I think), and I have spent lots of money on them. Some work, some don't. Some companies sell crap. This one sells 100% real, high-quality pheros. Will every blend work for every person? Absolutely NOT. Will they make a guy who is NOT at all attracted to you fall head over heels in love with you? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Will they tip the scales in your favor if someone is attracted to you. YES. Can they open the door and encourage people to speak to you who before were too shy to do so? Sometimes they will.

As for the warnings, you are most likely speaking of my cautionary post in my journal. Yes, what I spoke of there was 100% true. Here is the deal. Copulins produce a VERY STRONG, VERY REAL reaction in males. Some men are very good at not acting on the impulses. Some men you come across may not be so good at it. Will it still affect them, even if you are not acting sexual? YES IT WILL. I used to wear cops in public. A LOT. I still do, but it is usually a case of testing (in an environment where I KNOW and TRUST the men) or I have my man with me. Sure, you can wear cops in public, but you need to be PREPARED for what may happen. I have been known to do some pretty crazy stuff, but I would never never never wear Sexpionage outside the house. NEVER.

If I am specifically TESTING a phero, I am watching for reactions. But normally, I put on whatever I am wearing during the day and sometimes I forget what I put on until I start noticing some over the top reactions. That is when I realize.....OH I am wearing pheros!

If I were you I would start with wearing the Cougar or the Super at work....maybe the LAM........not Phero Girl, not BBM, not the OCCO blends either.....those will put out the totally wrong signals.

You don't have to act exactly like the blends for them to work when you are talking about copulins. An example of incongruence (is that a word?).....imagine this.....you put on a bunch of social pheros, hoping to be the "belle of the ball" at a party, but you sit in a corner. When you walk by people, you keep your head down and don't make eye contact, you scowl when people smile at you. In that case, the social pheros are never going to help. Cops are different. Cops make men have sexual reactions, whether you are acting in a sexy way or not. Will every man throw you down and rip your clothes off? Absolutely not. Will some men not be able to hold their tongue and make really inappropriate remarks or make a move on you? YES. Can you inadvertently get yourself in a very dangerous situation. YES YOU CAN.

Just be careful. Copulins are not a thing to be taken lightly.....especially by a newbie. Can they spice up a relationship. OH MY YES!!!!!!! Are they appropriate for every situation? 100% NOT!!!!

I wear cops ever day. Not a lot. Just a little -- my goal is to mimic what a younger "me" would produce (I'm 46). Usually pherogirl, or a fragrance I amp myself.

I have blatant invitation and wear that only with the husband around.

Good replies! I'm going to throw in my unneeded two cents. :P

Pheromones are a signal. Like a miniskirt or red lipstick or high heels. You put them on to send a message but people make up their own minds about what they will do.

For work, even if there is one guy you are trying to attract, all of your coworkers will smell you and you still have to work with them. What if you attract the wrong one? And a few of my female coworkers get VERY irriatable if I wear sexual blends. So I don't.

Also, at work you strive for other people to see you as smart, competent, capable and reliable. Nice. Popular. A worker. Not a sex toy.

Once you have his attention and a chance for some one on one time - that's when you break out the fun stuff!

As far as cautions go - I am not going to attract attention walking down the street so I don't worry, but I believe a cute girl loaded down with pheromones is going to have to be a little more on her guard than usual.

My experiences w/ pheros have been mixed. Granted I've only been using them for a year so I've go a ways to go, but it's been sort of hit and miss for me. Just when I think I've found the "signature combo" then it doesn't work for awhile. I think there's a lot to that "congruence" term. Admittedly sometimes I'll feel blobbish and put on a "sexy" phero like BI or Sexology to perk me up, or maybe to perk me up, but perhaps if I'm not feelin' it, then the pheros don't get a chance to work. But then I go down the rabbit trail of "well, if they work when you have congruence, then why do you need them anyway?" In other words, if you already have to be sexually confident for the sexual phero to "work" then why bother wearing a sexual phero in the first place? Why would you need it?

The answer I've come up with (and again, this is just personal experience) is that for me, it's a matter of selecting a phero or blend to reflect the mood I'm already in, not to change it from A to B. Maybe others have success in using pheros to give them a lift if they're down... or relax them if they are tense ( teddy man) But that hasn't been the case for me. I'd be interested to hear if anyone uses them in that way ( to change a mood rather than enhance one)

It's one of those things that you have to go slow and find what works for you ( I can't believe I just typed that, I used to be so frustrated by that advice LOL) but it's true. I don't think you can rush it. If you do, then you may try so many that you lose track of what works and what doesn't. I've found it helpful to wear a phero, blend, or cops THE SAME ONE for a week and I'm a geek, so I track how it works. Then I try it again for another week, sometimes waiting a month or so in between.

It takes time. And believe me, I am one of THE most impatient people on the planet.

The answer I've come up with (and again, this is just personal experience) is that for me, it's a matter of selecting a phero or blend to reflect the mood I'm already in, not to change it from A to B. Maybe others have success in using pheros to give them a lift if they're down... or relax them if they are tense ( teddy man) But that hasn't been the case for me. I'd be interested to hear if anyone uses them in that way ( to change a mood rather than enhance one)

I use Open Windows to change my mood.....it really lifts my spirits......helps my headaches as well.....it also works when my man is having a bad day.....expose him to it for about 15 min or less, and he is smiling and laughing.....works every time.

I forgot a warning! Self-effects. Because I have worn LAM at work and suddenly that coworker whom I never looked twice at - looks damn good. Beware of self-effects. Especially when they wear off and you're left wondering what the heck you were thinking... LOL!

I forgot a warning! Self-effects. Because I have worn LAM at work and suddenly that coworker whom I never looked twice at - looks damn good. Beware of self-effects. Especially when they wear off and you're left wondering what the heck you were thinking... LOL!

Ah, but the self effects are the fun part! I suffer from depression & go through periods when nobody looks good to me, not even Adam Levine :( I feel awesome when everyone looks super hot, lol.

My experiences w/ pheros have been mixed. Granted I've only been using them for a year so I've go a ways to go, but it's been sort of hit and miss for me. Just when I think I've found the "signature combo" then it doesn't work for awhile. I think there's a lot to that "congruence" term. Admittedly sometimes I'll feel blobbish and put on a "sexy" phero like BI or Sexology to perk me up, or maybe to perk me up, but perhaps if I'm not feelin' it, then the pheros don't get a chance to work. But then I go down the rabbit trail of "well, if they work when you have congruence, then why do you need them anyway?" In other words, if you already have to be sexually confident for the sexual phero to "work" then why bother wearing a sexual phero in the first place? Why would you need it?

It's one of those things that you have to go slow and find what works for you ( I can't believe I just typed that, I used to be so frustrated by that advice LOL) but it's true. I don't think you can rush it. If you do, then you may try so many that you lose track of what works and what doesn't. I've found it helpful to wear a phero, blend, or cops THE SAME ONE for a week and I'm a geek, so I track how it works. Then I try it again for another week, sometimes waiting a month or so in between.

It takes time. And believe me, I am one of THE most impatient people on the planet.

Oh see I wear them all the time to go from A to B. stressed to calm, down to up, bored to horny, normal to super confident. That is the whole reason I hell in love with pheros. I jhave a mood disorder that i refuse to rule my life. Pheros help with that big time.

Not only my own moods,which 90% are good or better anyway,but I use the socials to cheer people up that I know will be having a bad day,it is one of the things I enjoy most :) ...also use the calming ones for storms :w00t:

I use them mostly for my own moods as well and I have come to the conclusion that they are ALL positive mood enhancers for me just slightly different feelings.

The other use is for work since it is important for me to gain rapport with clients in order to have them become loyal customers.

The sexual ones are fun but have realized that HG has got a hard on for me with or without. :lol:

I find the ones that seem to mellow him out come in more handy.

That Treasured Hearts sure seemed to put Michael and I in a comfortable effortless mood this weekend. I wasn't even 100% sure what that one was for...I need to go read up on it and see what most people use it for...

It's so fun to have all these little samples I got to experiment with.

Wow, great thread. Halo, you can actually use them to go from feeling frumpy and bitchy to feeling sexy and sanguine??? I am jealous!

What is your opinion on the "congruence" factor that was mentioned earlier? Do you ever have a situation where you do wear them to amp up the mood you're in? I'm asking specifically about EST. If I am feeling very girly and feminine should EST boost that? It seems to make me feel more vulnerable...Like Penelope Pitstop tied to the tracks...

Wow, great thread. Halo, you can actually use them to go from feeling frumpy and bitchy to feeling sexy and sanguine??? I am jealous!

What is your opinion on the "congruence" factor that was mentioned earlier? Do you ever have a situation where you do wear them to amp up the mood you're in? I'm asking specifically about EST. If I am feeling very girly and feminine should EST boost that? It seems to make me feel more vulnerable...Like Penelope Pitstop tied to the tracks...

Not everybody reacts the same way to Est.....I am ok with it, but with too much, it makes me feel like....not ME....like you said, very vulnerable and too needy. My man can get ugly sometimes if I wear too much. I have to be pretty careful with it around him.

I am normally Dominant, and Dom or Leather boosts that mood for me.....

It's weird, I gave this some thought after we talked about Lace and Dom on another thread but Im "take charge' in some situations and more passive in others. I wouldn't call my general personality dominant OR passive.... I guess if there were a scale between the two, I'd say more dominant. But I guess the word I'd choose for me is 'intense.' and definitive, (okay so 2 words) I'm direct call a spade a spade, though not usually unsolicited. I often speak my mind when asked.

So would that be more dominant?

I honestly don't have the best luck with est, so i can't comment. But yeah, congruence always matters IMO

I honestly don't have the best luck with est, so i can't comment. But yeah, congruence always matters IMO

Okay, (sorry if belaboring the point but I want to understand this) how can one be "congruent" and "altering" at the same time when using pheros?

Congruent makes me think of simplifying fractions (LOL)

If I put on a phero it's because i want to be congruent with it's effects. I have to work at it a little but it's not too hard if you are making a concentrated effort to change your mood

This.

I have best effects with things like Drop Your Guard and Open Windows, because that's how I am anyway, it just amplifies it. A little stretch with Heart & Soul or Treasured Hearts. My max stretch with Lace and BI. I love wearing Leather and Cougar because of the self-effects. I've had some good times with Mr. Goddess wearing Sexpionage, but we have good times anyway, so not sure how much "better" it was.

I do find that cops make me feel more "womanly" and these are self-effects and responses from others. Yesterday, for example, I felt quite calm and motherly wearing OCCO White.

In my fantasies I wear Leather and am super-sexy like Dolly!!! But, really, it's mostly just for me.

Now watch me go out and have crazy hits after having said all this...

Okay, (sorry if belaboring the point but I want to understand this) how can one be "congruent" and "altering" at the same time when using pheros?

Congruent makes me think of simplifying fractions (LOL)

The way I interpret this is that there are two types of congruence.

The first I think of as your personality's congruence with a phero. For example, I don't think I could sport Dom, because I'm not naturally a dominant person- I don't think I could carry it off, and I think it would make me feel bitchy, and not myself.

The second type of congruence I think of more as congruence with your mood. For example, if I'm not feeling like I want to get laid, the last thing I'm going to wear is a sexual phero. Unless I wished I *were* feeling more sexual, in which case, I might wear a sexual phero to get me more into that frame of mind, (self-effects).

I don't know if this is the correct way to interpret 'congruence', but this is how I see it. First, personality, then mood.

If I put on a phero it's because i want to be congruent with it's effects. I have to work at it a little but it's not too hard if you are making a concentrated effort to change your mood

To piggyback on what Halo said...To me, pheros are like power steering. You know how if your car goes dead and you lose power steering? You can steer on your own, but it's a heck of a lot easier with the power steering. But at the same time, the car isn't going to change directions if you don't turn the wheel. Lumina is my happy phero. If I'm feeling bummed, i slather it on. Then i do things that are congruent with being happy. I smile, even if I have to force it (that's me turning the wheel), or I go out and mingle with people. Pretty soon, i'm in a genuinely happy mood. Like I said, I could do it on my own (and I have) but the phero gives me the boost to make that turnaround a lot faster.

ETA: Corrected for clarity and because I can't type ;)

Edited by BlueBear

The LP/red lace really makes me feel good. A product called Realm which is supposed to only have a tiny amount of Pheros also makes me feel great.There is also a product called Erox that I have worn that makes ME feel wonderful and like the LP/red lace seems to put other in a good mood also.I am getting a more caring vibe from some people re the lp red versus the sexual one that most people seem to be reporting here.Also my spellbound Nasty got me very strong reactions from my husband but there are some people saying its not doing anything for them.I am wondering if it could pos be the scent combo at work on that product?It was the lavender vaniella?Also the Realm smells like honey to me and the LP person on this forum has stated that she has received results from honey scents alone with no pheros.

I have received many complements on certian scents like B&BW Sensual Amber,Dark Kiss,and Country Chic.Those 3 scents ALWAYS draw the comps from both sexes but esp men.Then there is Perry Ellis 360 I think it may be Black for women same thing lots of comps on that too.I am still trying to figure out the types of scents I like and from my list I am thinking spicy?I also love

Pink sugar so maybe food?Lolita Limpicka is also a fave of mine.Then I have ones I love on OTHER people but on me smell rank as an example Posen smells like bug spray on me as does B&BW Japenesse Cherry Blossom.Based on that info provided what types of scents would I like here?

The way I interpret this is that there are two types of congruence.

The first I think of as your personality's congruence with a phero. For example, I don't think I could sport Dom, because I'm not naturally a dominant person- I don't think I could carry it off, and I think it would make me feel bitchy, and not myself.

The second type of congruence I think of more as congruence with your mood. For example, if I'm not feeling like I want to get laid, the last thing I'm going to wear is a sexual phero. Unless I wished I *were* feeling more sexual, in which case, I might wear a sexual phero to get me more into that frame of mind, (self-effects).

I don't know if this is the correct way to interpret 'congruence', but this is how I see it. First, personality, then mood.

This is the best explanation I have heard! Exactly!

It's just like with clothes where...you"ll wear something fun because you are feeling "fun" ...but sometimes you'll put something "fun" on because you feel frumpy and want to try to capture a better mood. Sometimes it works ,sometimes it doesn't but it raises your chances of a better mood. Just like pheros sometimes they just raise your chances of a better mood or a conversation with someone else...not a guarantee...but gets us closer to the goal.